The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
If this was the status of my "FYu" money, I'd be looking at bankruptcy.

In that case you're better off just living in a 2003 PT Cruiser and watching TikTok Videos all day. :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
SEO takes time. For a fresh domain, I wouldn't expect any big results in less than 6 months.

On a budget, you may actually do better with AI content edited by a human than hiring writers if it's a general topic and no extensive domain knowledge is necessary. I like using Surfer SEO (they also have an AI writing tool though most people prefer using KoalaWriter).
So going to be subscribing to one of these tonight/tomorrow to get the ball rolling - as someone who hasn't done this before comparing the two seems like it will slip into analysis paralysis - in your opinion would you mind sharing the biggest difference?

I know you mentioned most people prefer Koala - is that because it appears so much cheaper? The lowest tier on Surfer SEO doesn't include "audit" which seems like it would be critical but from what I see Koala doesn't even have this? (again I am ignorant here).

I REALLY appreciate any more advice you can lend.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So going to be subscribing to one of these tonight/tomorrow to get the ball rolling - as someone who hasn't done this before comparing the two seems like it will slip into analysis paralysis - in your opinion would you mind sharing the biggest difference?

I know you mentioned most people prefer Koala - is that because it appears so much cheaper? The lowest tier on Surfer SEO doesn't include "audit" which seems like it would be critical but from what I see Koala doesn't even have this? (again I am ignorant here).

I REALLY appreciate any more advice you can lend.

Surfer SEO is an SEO writing, keyword research, and audit tool and (as of recently) also an AI writing tool. Koala is purely an AI writing tool. Surfer is thus more useful for writing articles and later auditing their performance. Koala is purely for creating content. I don't use Koala but I use Surfer heavily.

I use Surfer SEO for almost everything except for keyword research where I use lowfruits.io.

Also what SEO plugins do you all use for general wordpress optimization? Not just the articles themselves.

Yoast SEO for SEO, WP Rocket for speed.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
If you want to get knocked in the head. I'm that guy.

"We Knock, the living sh*t out of you"

Knocked
TM

ignore this admin,
Uhmmm - who verifies these? I said to ignore it too. lol I thought I was gonna get banned or something - turns out people need this - especially em action fakers.

MJ - do you wanna collab?

Now, if you don’t complete your tasks by the end of the day - you get knocked. I believe this may be effective in getting people to do something lol.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wow, so now we've redefined an emergency fund into F*You Money.

This is why you don't take money advice from Twitter-randos.

View attachment 54057
Meanwhile, on LinkedIn:

Screenshot_20240206_202408.jpg

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Meanwhile, on LinkedIn:

View attachment 54097
I'm not sure what your thoughts are but I couldn't agree with this more

Too many people looking for the event of quitting their job and not enough interest in the process of replacing their income

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm not sure what your thoughts are but I couldn't agree with this more

Too many people looking for the event of quitting their job and not enough interest in the process of replacing their income
I agree with it too.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016

View attachment 54057
It was funny how many people criticized him for that post.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I always get reigned in when I start to explore the fringe.

1707297684710.png

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
My children are currently playing a game they made up that involves them saying things like:

"Wait, am I being paid weekly or every month?"
"What if I pay you a little more around tax day? But wait, I might have a little less so I don't know if I can do that"
"If I don't complete my invention, I still need to get paid. But I will finish it".

I can tell they are clearly getting influenced by both parents. :rofl:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

View attachment 54057
I didn't know inflation going out of control in Nevada.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Apparently this is an oldie for the internet, circa 2015. But it's launched a company wide debate this morning... yes, we are fine wasting time at the office on things like this...

Half of our office thinks the colours of this dress are Gold/White, the other half see Black/Blue. Each person is adamant in their position.

I see Gold/White and can't see anything else. What do you see? What's the Forum consensus?

The_dress_blueblackwhitegold.jpg

edit: spelling... *sigh*

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Apparently this is an oldie for the internet, circa 2015. But it's launched a company wide debate this morning... yes, we are fine wasting time at the office on things like this...

Half of our office thinks the coolers of this dress are Gold/White, the other half see Black/Blue. Each person is adamant in their position.

I see Gold/White and can't see anything else. What do you see? What's the Forum consensus?

Blue/Gold?

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India

Half of our office thinks the colours of this dress are Gold/White, the other half see Black/Blue. Each person is adamant in their position.

I see only gold/white. HOW IS THIS BLUE AND BLACK? DO PEOPLE SEE THINGS IN DIFFERENT COLOR?

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
There is just one thing in D2D sales that really bugs me.

And that is the feeling that I disturb people when ringing the door.

I mean, aside from Jürgen Kirchner standing up from his desk and opening the door, there are also people that might be asleep taking a nap or people that are old/handicapped and have to strain themselves to get to the door.

That is I think my biggest weakness and handicap.

How do I fix it or can I even fix it at all? I'd probably be ringing doors for fun if I hadn't that worry :(

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

I mean, aside from Jürgen Kirchner standing up from his desk and opening the door, there are also people that might be asleep taking a nap or people that are old/handicapped and have to strain themselves to get to the door.

How do I fix it or can I even fix it at all? I'd probably be ringing doors for fun if I hadn't that worry :(
If you had a pill that would cure and prevent cancer with 100% certainty, would you feel bad about "disturbing" people ?

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
If you had a pill that would cure and prevent cancer with 100% certainty, would you feel bad about "disturbing" people ?
Damn you're so far with your window cleaning biz that you're now healing cancer as an extra service? :rofl:

Jokes aside, I get what you mean, but I'm not sure if my value from window cleaning is enough to justify it for me personally.
Btw, we should hang out some time again!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

The thing is that he isn't selling a pill to cure cancer. So his feelings are valid. It's akin to telling an ugly guy "if you were Brad Pitt, would you feel bad about disturbing that girl?" It's not useful feedback because it's not the reality he's in.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016

If your product or service is valuable, then you are doing a favor to the people who want or need it. For the rest, as long as you are respectful, then you've done all you could. You can't know ahead of time which doorbells will lead to a customer.

For example, if about 10% of people want or need what you're offering, then you should expect 9 out of every 10 people to decline your offer. Yes, you might be inconveniencing them, but that's what you have to do until you finally reach the 1/10 who becomes a customer. And if you're good at sales, you will have planted a seed in the 9/10 customers who declined so that they reach out to you if they become interested in the future.

It's the same with online advertisements, too. Advertising to a large group of people who have no interest in what you're offering is the cost it takes to reach the few who are interested.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hmm. Now its Blue/Black. Wtf?
BRO! I'VE HAD THE SAME EXACT REACTION!

My first reaction was light blue gold. You posted this and I scrolled up and now I see blue black.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
BRO! I'VE HAD THE SAME EXACT REACTION!

My first reaction was light blue gold. You posted this and I scrolled up and now I see blue black.

When I first saw it, I saw Black/Blue. Now I see White/Gold.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

What the heck are you blue people smoking, this is clearly gold/white.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India

NOW THAT I SEE IN PHONE IT HAS BECOME BLUE AND BLACK.

Must be due to some lighting changes in various devices

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.