The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It won't Work... But Try it ANYWAYS.

Anything related to matters of the mind

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Ever since I've picked up entrepreneurship, I've slowly noticed this one thing in life: Things seem a certain way but often are actually completely different.

"Women are all selfish and superficial, I won't ever find a partner"
Well, have you even just asked one how her day went? Maybe if all you see of her is in the workplace or at school, you don't actually see her true side? Perhaps you'll find out that they are a lot deeper than you.

"D2D doesn't work in Germany anymore, all big companies have been decreasing their D2D sectors"
Are you a big company? Why can't you just try it? Oh, you're just scared, ok.
Oh and also the actual reason for big companies decreasing D2D is probably because customers have been become more and more vary of those well-known shady companies (Telekom etc.).

"All millionaires and rich people are deeply seflish/companies are evil!"
Have you ever sat down and had a genuine conversation with a millionaire?

"Communism is way better than Capitalism"
Sorry, where did you grow up? LA, New York? Lol. Maybe visit a once-communist country in your free time.

A few more examples from my life:

"I won't be able to clean and reach all exterior windows without a ladder and car!"
After I just said F*ck it and tried to get jobs anyways, I realized that you can just do them from inside the house.
With all my information coming from the US and Canada, I realized that things work a little bit differently in Germany/Europe.

"They won't like the music I'll perform at the school-event"
Actually, they liked anything that didn't come from our shitty school orchestra, got compliments and a few interested girls ;)

"Oh I won't win this music competition this year for reason x, y and z, let's just quit"
But I tried it ANYWAYS and WON. Fun fact, I'm currently in the competition's workshop (didn't cost me a cent) for a whole week and I'm going to hear my piece tomorrow.
Also another fun fact: it's now 5am, can't fall back asleep and is why I'm finally writing this post :eyes:

"I can only walk to window cleaning jobs"
And thus was the THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™ born!

"I am depressed. Only sadness awaits me"
I think this is actually still a work-in-progress but I am certain that I will one day prove my past self so unfathomably wrong.
...even if I might be whining occasionally ; )

What is or has been your excuse? Your illusion?

Common sense note: Obviously you shouldn't just blindly try everything if you don't think it will work. There is a difference between having no costs going d2d and spending 200k on a business-idea which will also take months of your life away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

TempusFugit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 6, 2024
LOL I love hearing that: "It won't work!"

The hell do you know? Have you been doing what I've been doing and seen the effort and value I've put into the thing I'm building?

Even if it doesn't work out, at least I had the guts to try while you sat on your a$$.

I heard this quote from a French mother recently:
"People who say that it's useless, these are people who never do anything."

MarcoAguilar

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 24, 2022
Mexico
Its mostly a meme, but honestly what has been getting me out of the excuses loophole is the mentality.

"F*ck it we ball".

"Oh you´ll never place well in that chess tournament,theother players have been playing since they are 5 years old"
F*ck it, we ball, and I won the tournament (Obviously with a lot of hard work, training and studying)

So, yeah, perhaps its not the best method out there, but sometimes you need to have that mentality and accept whatever the outcome may be to start putting in the hours of work in order to achieve something meaningful.

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
If you are old enough you know people are making general statements based on their opinion and limited experience like they hold the knowledge of eternity.

People saying D2D don't work. Cold calls don't work. Nobody reads ads etc. Ask them loudly and clearly:

How do you know? Did you try it out? Show me your stats if you did.

They will say:

NO, but every time salesman comes to our office nobody likes it.

Then you can say:

THEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Ever since I've picked up entrepreneurship, I've slowly noticed this one thing in life: Things seem a certain way but often are actually completely different.

Well, have you even just asked one how her day went? Maybe if all you see of her is in the workplace or at school, you don't actually see her true side? Perhaps you'll find out that they are a lot deeper than you.

"D2D doesn't work in Germany anymore, all big companies have been decreasing their D2D sectors"
Oh and also the actual reason for big companies decreasing D2D is probably because customers have been become more and more vary of those well-known shady companies (Telekom etc.).

Sorry, where did you grow up? LA, New York? Lol. Maybe visit a once-communist country in your free time.

"I won't be able to clean and reach all exterior windows without a ladder and car!"
After I just said F*ck it and tried to get jobs anyways, I realized that you can just do them from inside the house.
With all my information coming from the US and Canada, I realized that things work a little bit differently in Germany/Europe.

Actually, they liked anything that didn't come from our shitty school orchestra, got compliments and a few interested girls ;)

"Oh I won't win this music competition this year for reason x, y and z, let's just quit"
But I tried it ANYWAYS and WON. Fun fact, I'm currently in the competition's workshop (didn't cost me a cent) for a whole week and I'm going to hear my piece tomorrow.
Also another fun fact: it's now 5am, can't fall back asleep and is why I'm finally writing this post :eyes:

I think this is actually still a work-in-progress but I am certain that I will one day prove my past self so unfathomably wrong.

Common sense note: Obviously you shouldn't just blindly try everything if you don't think it will work. There is a difference between having no costs going d2d and spending 200k on a business-idea which will also take months of your life away.
You have to try enough things that don’t work to find out things that will eventually work for you.

And you cannot skip the process even if you have a time machine. Because the skill sets in the final success is built through the years in trying things that never worked for you.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I have realized there is an entire mountain of assumptions, theories and beliefs stacked up in every man’s mind, and it’s almost all bullshit. Even my own.

Getting out there and getting in the reps will demolish all of that.

Business, friends, girls, experiences, traveling.

Everyone’s got their ideas about it all.

Just get out there and see.

Have an open mind and look for reality. Look for truth. Don’t look for confirmation.

When you get out there you’ll see that business is not all that complicated, most people are actually nice, there’s beautiful kind girls everywhere, loads of things are a lot of fun, and there’s so many countries with so much beauty and wonderful people everywhere.

Life is so amazing if you just get out of your house and go touch some grass and shake some hands. Don’t let pessimists and their theories trick you.

I like saying yes to things. It almost always seems to work out.

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
Well said, I have a feeling when people say This or that doesn't work anymore. or anything similar about anything.

It's almost always because they are AFRAID to do it themselves. It's defending mechanism. Convince yourself something doesn't work and you don't need to do it.

I know, cause I am one of them.

beoyndsound

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 24, 2024

Failure is an investment, very amazing one if you do it fast, if you think you'll fail, probably it is because you will win.

You're afraid to ask her out, if you delay this, the fear of rejection, it will grow, give its dividends, because you'll recall this inaction and associate yourself with it, and it turns into grief, regret and stuff, but if you ask her out, and if she says yes, or no, either way it is okay - it will grow, even if it is rejection, you'll recall your courage, and the fact that you're still here having fun on earth, and you'll get more of the energy to ask second girl out, and etcetera, if you fail you invest in the lesson, and that one will grow, naturally.

Delaying is bad, start early - investment strategy even in this life situations.

cYn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 25, 2023
Agreed OP.

How I gave myself a mental model is to "stop limiting myself by the ceiling I created, and start building the platform below me to see how high I can go".

I don't know how to do that --> Where can I learn how to do that
What happens if we run into problem X --> Let's figure out solutions to problem X
That seems like a mountain of work --> Let's break down the work and start chipping away

I used to have such a limiting mindset. Now I am the "Chief Roadblock Remover" of my own life and mind. There is a solution to everything. Grind at it.

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 21, 2023

I feel like social media is a problem here, at least for me.

It always seems like I'm seeing one, pessimistic side to everything but in reality life is just so different, and quite frankly simpler.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.