The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You don’t need more time, you just prioritize other things

Anything related to matters of the mind

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@Johnny boy has done exceptionally well for himself at a young age. Although having priorities like a family is a noble route, I'd wager that someone who has nothing but a business on his mind significantly outperforms someone with split focus.

While you're thinking of what to eat with your kids tonight, Johnny is thinking of his business. When you're out golfing, he's still working on his business. When your actions and thoughts are nothing but one priority, you'll clearly be greater. It's an obsession.

I respect the momentum you show if your words are true. Keep at it man you're killing it.

You are confusing business with sports.

Business isn’t about time invested. I have a team of people who invest time on my behalf. Can’t do that with sports. But I can and do that with my businesses.

It’s a secret that every successful entrepreneur knows. And why most of us have families, kids, dogs, hobbies and still outperform.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest931Xfjyx

So you're saying these guys all achieved what they achieved on hard mode. Imagine if they weren't shackled with the double think and double focus of a wife.

Meanwhile guys like Johnny are out here doing biz on easy mode.

Right that's exactly what I'm saying.

You could also adopt 15 children, deliberately break one of your legs, gauge your eyes out, and subsist on nothing but ramen noodles but it wouldn't exactly be practical would it? Throwing additional hardships on yourself obviously reduces your capacity to focus on business.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

You are confusing business with sports.

Business isn’t about time invested. I have a team of people who invest time on my behalf. Can’t do that with sports. But I can and do that with my businesses.

It’s a secret that every successful entrepreneur knows. And why most of us have families, kids, dogs, hobbies and still outperform.
Funnily enough, you and I recently shared a DM where we spoke of priorities and why they're necessary when it comes to success. This conversation is conveniently relevant.

Word for word I believe you told me: "You only have time for one priority!"

You spoke of the need to drop my other ambitions in life and to focus on business/real estate if that were truly the path I wished to undertake as I couldn't accomplish anything without true devotion. Nonetheless you did mention your family and health as priorities as well, maybe I misunderstood, but it seems as if you're conflicting with your advice given only a few days ago.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

And lastly, I'm not interested in arguing with either of you. @Johnny boy is doing amazing for himself and it works for him. You old chaps are coming from a different perspective. He has more time available to him left on this Earth. Plenty of time to enjoy his life once he reaches his concept of financial success. He's only 26...

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Right that's exactly what I'm saying.

You could also adopt 15 children, deliberately break one of your legs, gauge your eyes out, and subsist on nothing but ramen noodles but it wouldn't exactly be practical would it? Throwing additional hardships on yourself obviously reduces your capacity to focus on business.
Family is hardship. Got it.

Such a shame that this is a message that is being sent in this thread. That's what us "old chaps" are arguing against.

And lastly, I'm not interested in arguing with either of you.

Could have fooled me.

He has more time available to him left on this Earth. Plenty of time to enjoy his life once he reaches his concept of financial success

That's one big difference between Johnny and others that read this thread. Johnny is already enjoying his life. Go reread what he wrote. He's not waiting to enjoy his life.

But a lot of people aren't wired like Johnny. And those people should hear the message that you don't need to put off family. You don't need to wait to "enjoy your life".

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
23C43563-7BCD-4F8D-A3AD-0E288D8A6FC9.jpeg

I posted this in the infamous “can I have a dog and still be an entrepreneur” thread of a few years ago. It applies here as well. Get used to responsibility. Learn to manage it, not shed it.

I’ll leave this here for inquiring minds, but like @JLE I’m also not interested in arguing, but I’m right.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Family is hardship. Got it.
This is sarcasm, but it doesn't seem like you do.

Do I even need to list the ways in which children take your time and energy? Or keeping a wife happy that you give her your time and attention?

Could have fooled me.
Then I have fooled you. If anything you annoy me.

I'll stop here to prove a point.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
You sure can tell which people have kids in this thread. No parent in this thread would advise you to swap kids for a head start on grinding at your business.

Providing an exceptional life for my family is a major motivator for me. If it wasn't for them, I might be content with the slowlane; what I make in my day job would be more than enough for just me to do damn near whatever I want. My kids don't drag me down, they speed me up.

Too bad, too. I was hopeful for this thread, I expected good advice about achieving focus on the things that really matter.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
lol

The purpose of this thread was not to blame you friends, family and dog for "wasting your time". That's loser behavior.

Having social support can and will improve your mental health, which is by far the most important aspect of running any successful long term project.

Business is all about good choices and high leverage. Revenue doesn't grow proportional to time spent working. The janitor is working 12 hours a day as well.

Core idea of the thread is that the outcome of your life will be determined by your priorities. You will get more of what you focus on.

For example if you spend 10 hours a day working at a dead-end job, browsing social media and watching retarded videos on tik tok, it should be no F*cking surprise that your life is not going anywhere.

Focus on the things that matter to you.

This is an individual choice, and there is no optimal cookie-cutter path because people are very different.

You get to choose your priorities and you will suffer the consequences.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@JLE

If you think family is a burden that’s holding you back - you are right.

There is nothing to argue. Clearly Johnny boys post has a ton of support and many “thanks” responses. And you’ve shared with me your priorities. We are different. That’s OK.

I chose to reply because I don’t want those who value family, friends, pets to think they can’t have those. Entrepreneurship allows for all of that to happen.

My family isn’t slowing me down. Its the greatest source of joy in my life. As a result, I need to be creative in how I build my business.

Sports = quantity of hours invested
Business = quality of hours invested

You sure can tell which people have kids in this thread. No parent in this thread would advise you to swap kids for a head start on grinding at your business.

Providing an exceptional life for my family is a major motivator for me. If it wasn't for them, I might be content with the slowlane; what I make in my day job would be more than enough for just me to do damn near whatever I want. My kids don't drag me down, they speed me up.

Too bad, too. I was hopeful for this thread, I expected good advice about achieving focus on the things that really matter.

You were the intended audience for my reply.

I view life from a “deathbed perspective”. When it’s the end. I’m almost done. I look back … what do I regret? It’s not kicking out everyone from my life to put more hours into my business. Quite the opposite.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Debate aside I think we can all agree that "I don't have time because family, kids and wife!" is not an excuse.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco What are your thoughts on this reply?
AntiFragile is right for his life, and his age.

But so is @Johnny boy for his life, and his age.

Funny thing is, both these philosophies reflect my life at some stage.

My priority in my 20's and early 30's was financial freedom. I held a @Johnny boy perspective. I didn't want to get married or have kids until I "squared away" my finances and had great life. I also wanted to grow into someone worthy of a great wife. Clearly Johnny is not shirking the idea of responsibilities if he wants to be a national home franchisor with hundreds of franchisees.

Before I committed to a Fastlane, my priorities were watching endless pro sports to no end other than entertainment, video games, and sleeping.

ln my mid 30's and into my 40's, priorities changed to reflect an @Antifragile perspective.

And I'm willing to bet as Johnny Boy succeeds and experiences more of life, he too will morph into the latter perspective.

This post by Johnny is about priorities and his audience is more suited to young people who find themselves surfing hours and hours of social media daily, or other fruitless distractions and empty entertainment vices.

I resonate with it because I'm dealing with young people in my life WHO want financial freedom, but don't want to PRIORITIZE. Financial freedom for them is a fantasy in thought, not a reality in action.

My step son hates the 8-5 work life and wants to escape.

But he only wants to escape in thought, not in action.

He comes home and sleeps, goes to the gym, or plays video games.

Financial freedom through Fastlane business is NOT his priority because he hasn't made it his priority.

Instead his priority is going to the gym 7X a week. Video games 6X a week. I told him when he expresses a level of commitment to the gym and his video games (6X) a week, he will never escape. In other words, video games and overtraining at the gym is MORE IMPORTANT to him. That is HIS priority.

Everything comes down to priorities.

Your actions express them 100% of the time.

I fully understand the JohhnyBoy take, although I think throwing out your GF is the problematic statement people might have issue with. I take that statement in gest and understand his central point.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The most butthurt people I ever see in my entire life are people who get told they would need to change priorities in order to succeed.

“Hey, how do I find time to work on my business? I spend 5 hours a day playing patty cake with my kids, my wife makes me stay at home, I spend 4 hours a day at the gym, and I’m not trading away my time with my friends, we go golfing every other day for another 4 hours”

Your success is the last thing on your list of priorities, don’t be confused when you get proportional results.

You are competing against guys like me.

Gym is only 30-40 minutes 3x a week.
I kicked my girlfriend out of my house to stay focused.
I have 3-4 friends I see once a week and we talk 80% business.
I don’t have kids (that I know of)
I don’t have a wife
I don’t even have a dog

I wake up and think about my goals, I work, I go to bed thinking about my goals.

I prioritized my goals as the top 4 on a list of 5 important things to me.

I will expect proportional results.

You really want to spend time with the kids, you want to keep your safe full time job with no risk, you want to do everything but work and that’s fine, you can do that, just don’t be confused why you’re not getting anywhere.

Everyone acts like they were handed the life they are in and have no choice. You chose everything you have and everything you’ve done has led to today.

Everything in your life is your choice. You choose to spend your time any way you’d like. I’d love a dog. I’d love to spend time with my girl. I’d love to have a lot of friends hanging out every night. I just know that at the end of the day, it takes away from my goals, and I’ve already made the decision that I would trade all to get all.

You can have anything you want in life, you just don’t get to pick how much it costs. You are responsible for every second of your day, whether it feels that way or not. You could spend 17 hours working on your one singular goal 7 days a week, you just refuse to accept what you would have to give up. You love hearing things like “burn out”, “overtraining”, “work-life balance”. That shit isn’t real. Never losing momentum IS real. I’ve had singular strains of work that have lasted for weeks, only interrupted by dreams about the work I have to do before getting back to it. The truth is that there’s nothing more pleasurable than that.

Give all to get all, it’s an easy trade.

In 5 years I do not want to have a really good excuse. I don’t care how good it is. I don’t care if anyone around me is patting my back telling me it’s okay, I did what I could, it’s not my fault. That’s good as dog shit to me.

If I want time off, I have to earn it with progress. Each level gets a little reward before getting back to work. Double the company, take a winter vacation, repeat next year. Don’t want average results? Don’t act like an average person.
I agree here as everyone has only 24 hours, what we chose not to do matters a lot.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

My priority in my 20's and early 30's was financial freedom. I held a @Johnny boy perspective. I didn't want to get married or have kids until I "squared away" my finances and had great life. I also wanted to grow into someone worthy of a great wife. Clearly Johnny is not shirking the idea of responsibilities if he wants to be a national home franchisor with hundreds of franchisees.

Before I committed to a Fastlane, my priorities were watching endless pro sports to no end other than entertainment, video games, and sleeping.

ln my mid 30's and into my 40's, priorities changed to reflect an @Antifragile perspective.

And I'm willing to bet as Johnny Boy succeeds and experiences more of life, he too will morph into the latter perspective.

This post by Johnny is about priorities and his audience is more suited to young people who find themselves surfing hours and hours of social media daily, or other fruitless distractions and empty entertainment vices.

I resonate with it because I'm dealing with young people in my life WHO want financial freedom, but don't want to PRIORITIZE. Financial freedom for them is a fantasy in thought, not a reality in action.

Financial freedom through Fastlane business is NOT his priority because he hasn't made it his priority.

Instead his priority is going to the gym 7X a week. Video games 6X a week. I told him when he expresses a level of commitment to the gym and his video games (6X) a week, he will never escape. In other words, video games and overtraining at the gym is MORE IMPORTANT to him. That is HIS priority.

I fully understand the JohhnyBoy take, although I think throwing out your GF is the problematic statement people might have issue with. I take that statement in gest and understand his central point.
MJ nails it as usual. I think there are multiple GOLD takes in this thread by @Johnny boy and @Antifragile and like MJ said it depends a LOT on where you are in your life and your perspective.

How old are you? What kind of business are you in? Where do you live? How much success have you had so far? How supportive is your wife/girlfriend or your parents/grandparents/caretakers? Are you living in a house, apartment, camper, trailer? Are you mobile or in a fixed location?

All of these things play a role. Do what they do, not what they say. Most people go through this heavy grind type of phase and then mellow out later.

And then, focus on what matters. Health, wealth, family, spirituality.

But I know if I'm 18 years old and reading this thread, the advice by @Johnny boy is exactly what I need.

When he hits 40 million,, I'm sure he will settle on a place to live, and probably have some kids with Miss Poland, or Miss Romania. Maybe @Black_Dragon43 can introduce him to a nice Eastern European lady. But I wouldn't bet against him!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Thank you so much for sharing some hints from your personal life.

I can't say I nod with every one of Johnny's recent posts myself, but you summed up the maturation concept pretty well.

I'm just glad that means he will find his way.

I think it's still possible to get 'everything' done.
At the end of the day, its about our own processes. How efficiently we use our energies or thinking.

Just now, I was looking up trading charts with a chap just a few years younger than me.
(he was studying SOXL over today's CPI rebound). We met over Telegram when my trading mentor took him on.

I told him, 'It's a long time since you studied SOXL charts. '

He said, 'These few weeks I got too busy. Been up since 6am. Tomorrow will repeat again.'

The chap works in his own construction business. Still does the dirty work himself.

And yes, he still posts charts in our Telegram group...for both the local Malaysian market and US.

Yet at this weekend, we'll meet again physically at our mentors' birthday dinner. No idea how he gets the mojo
to make time for networking outings like this...but there was always something to learn from him.

It IS possible to make time for activities, as long we know we will grow from them.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
The entire message is expect proportional results in line with your priorities.

And on top of that, everything is your choice, your free time is 16 hours, not the 2-3 hours normies say it is.

People are confusing advice for happy people who love their family with advice for whining losers who say they aren’t getting results and expect to win but aren’t willing to prioritize. Like a fatass saying they want to lose weight but not willing to stop eating 3000 calories of pizza every day. It doesn’t compute.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

And on top of that, everything is your choice, your free time is 16 hours, not the 2-3 hours normies say it is.

People are confusing advice for happy people who love their family with advice for whining losers who say they aren’t getting results and expect to win but aren’t willing to prioritize. Like a fatass saying they want to lose weight but not willing to stop eating 3000 calories of pizza every day. It doesn’t compute.
I 100% understand your message. It's like when my girlfriend wants to watch 5 episodes Netflix every single day after work and I tell her I'm busy. Different priorities. Doesn't mean I'm going to live on my laptop or under a desk forever but definitely don't have to mold myself into the couch to have a relationship.

Not her fault. You don’t just say “I think I’m going to start a $40 million company” and POOF! Scale falls in your lap.

You have to actually do it…

There is a process… this magical scale and time freedom does not just happen one day when you decide you want it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I’m going to say people took your point to ring the old anti-responsibility bell yet again. I’m glad you clarified for their sake.

On the contrary to some of their interpretations, this looks like taking responsibility.

We shouldn’t have to go around in circles a few times a year explaining that, yes, you can, gasp, be a multimillionaire and a good husband/father with a dog… But the hypengyophobics always go there.

I don’t see this as a @Johnny boy vs @Antifragile argument specifically. I see a thread jacking with a anti-responsibility twist.

If you don’t want your girlfriend around, by all means, figure out what’s best. That’s TAKING responsibility. Not dodging it. Good job being decisive.

I’ll add, those with scale get more than 16 hours to their name every day. Productivity way less important than leadership.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Getting more than 16 hours a day seems counterproductive, with taking time to eat and other daily activities like exercise someone working 16 hours a day probably will get 5 hours sleep per day… good luck with that.

Again, your brilliance astounds. Have you contacted Mensa?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yes i am brilliant for pointing out a meme worthy depiction of 'entrepreneurship' sounds like those gary Vee spoofs, just work! you dont need sleep! you don't need food just drink coffee and work over 16 hours a day til youre rich or die trying! :rofl:
We get more than 16 hours because others are working in our name. Our businesses are bigger than our own time and efforts. Some people have hundreds or thousands of hours worked in their name every day.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yes i am brilliant for pointing out a meme worthy depiction of 'entrepreneurship' sounds like those gary Vee spoofs, just work! you dont need sleep! you don't need food just drink coffee and work over 16 hours a day til youre rich or die trying! :rofl:

Goodness. He is saying have people do the work for you. Right here:

those with scale

Based on the iron vs feathers thread, I already know the word "scale" trips you up really good...

Scale = having a team (or partners, franchisees, etc)

Have you contacted Mensa?

Mensa? More like Mensad with this one...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I didn't know your business model was haldron collider. small world to be on the forum with someone who can defy the laws of time and space

You've been removed from the thread, as have your posts here. What's frightening about your posts is the confidence you exude in your ignorance. I won't let that ignorance pollute this great thread, which makes me wonder if you still believe a pound of feathers weighs less than a pound of iron. Try to keep in mind, we're trying to nudge you in the right direction.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Funnily enough, you and I recently shared a DM where we spoke of priorities and why they're necessary when it comes to success. This conversation is conveniently relevant.

Word for word I believe you told me: "You only have time for one priority!"

You spoke of the need to drop my other ambitions in life and to focus on business/real estate if that were truly the path I wished to undertake as I couldn't accomplish anything without true devotion. Nonetheless you did mention your family and health as priorities as well, maybe I misunderstood, but it seems as if you're conflicting with your advice given only a few days ago.
I think this is true that you need to make something the first priority. So this is how I did it when I was actively running my business. One year I would make business the priority the next year I would make vacations the priority and the following year I would make working out a priority.

Now this doesn’t mean I didn’t do any of the things that weren’t the number one priority. However, this provided me an easy framework for decision making.

For example, if I was on a work out priority year, and I had to choose between hitting the gym and getting some work done for the business, I would hit the gym first and then do the business work.

If that year happen to be a business priority year, then I would work on the business first and then hit the gym. This made my decision making on many things so much easier.

During a vacation year, if somebody asked me to go on a trip and I had a lot of business stuff to do guess what, I would go on that vacation, but if the year was a business year, I would not go on a vacation. It was a simple as that.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I’ve been saying for a long time that being ruthless is what the most successful are really good at. @Johnny boy is a prime example of that.

And this isn’t a moral judgement, just an observation of fact. Kicking out his girlfriend is simply the best illustration of that fact — he will do whatever it takes to win.

Any moral person would judge this negatively, but if the successful person is to release his wings and soar as high as he can, he cannot listen to the judgement.

Of course in a competition between people the guy willing to sacrifice more will always be more likely to win than the other one. If you’re willing to drag yourself through shit, you have a chance to become President of your country. Really…

Most people never make anything of themselves because they’re not willing to sacrifice anything. I work tirelessly and bring in an additional MRR of $3.5-5K every single month, with 90% retaining rate. On track to breaking the $1M mark this year. Like every single moment of my existence is work.

Most people cannot begin to fathom what that means. And most people are simply unable to compete with me, I eat them for breakfast, as a warm up. I do more things in a day than most people do in a week.

And even if I were seeing no returns, I’d work just as hard. That’s something that most normal people find unheard of. I don’t need returns to work hard…

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I’ve been saying for a long time that being ruthless is what the most successful are really good at. @Johnny boy is a prime example of that.

And this isn’t a moral judgement, just an observation of fact. Kicking out his girlfriend is simply the best illustration of that fact — he will do whatever it takes to win.

Any moral person would judge this negatively, but if the successful person is to release his wings and soar as high as he can, he cannot listen to the judgement.

Of course in a competition between people the guy willing to sacrifice more will always be more likely to win than the other one. If you’re willing to drag yourself through shit, you have a chance to become President of your country. Really…

Most people never make anything of themselves because they’re not willing to sacrifice anything.
Reminds me of Elon Musk who gets married, have kids, but rarely have time for them. This builds up tensions in the family but he just chooses to divorce and marry someone else. Whole thing just repeats.

He does actually have time shitposting on twitter and he enjoys the attention from his fans. So action speaks on priority…guess that being loved by millions is a more powerful drug than being loved by a few at home.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Most people never make anything of themselves because they’re not willing to sacrifice anything. I work tirelessly and bring in an additional MRR of $3.5-5K every single month, with 90% retaining rate. On track to breaking the $1M mark this year. Like every single moment of my existence is work.

Most people cannot begin to fathom what that means. And most people are simply unable to compete with me, I eat them for breakfast, as a warm up. I do more things in a day than most people do in a week.

And even if I were seeing no returns, I’d work just as hard. That’s something that most normal people find unheard of. I don’t need returns to work hard…
That explains a lot. Especially your previous comment that you’d let kidnappers kill your own kid for a mere $100k because you won’t negotiate.

Any feedback on “Give And Take” book? If you’ve read it.

Of course, you and I disagree. I see immense power in family and friends. At any age.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
That explains a lot. Especially your previous comment that you’d let kidnappers kill your own kid for a mere $100k because you won’t negotiate.

Any feedback on “Give any Take” book? If you’ve read it.

Of course, you and I disagree. I see immense power in family and friends. At any age.
It is more like different variations of minimalism that are popular these days among young people.

Playing computer games all day with minimally sustainable income is one.
Live frugally to retire later via FIRE is one.
Work for wealth first and ignore everything else is another variant.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
It is more like different variations of minimalism that are popular these days among young people.

Playing computer games all day with minimally sustainable income is one.
Live frugally to retire later via FIRE is one.
Work for wealth first and ignore everything else is another variant.
Never thought of it like that. But you nailed it! Well said.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
26? That's the age Zuckerberg got married. Buffett got married at 22. Bezos got married at 29. Carlos Slim at 27.

Literally shocks me how many people ignore facts even when presented, just because it doesn't fit in their worldview.

Statistically speaking, high achieving men are more often married, not single. Sure, you can be single and climb the mountain. Plenty have done it. (To be fair, I have not studied the statistics on women.)

But the notion that you must be single to achieve greatness, or even that being single makes it more likely just isn't backed up by data.

you have a chance to become President of your country. Really…

Most presidents are married. Yes really.

And we're talking the VAST MAJORITY.

And even if I were seeing no returns, I’d work just as hard.

I hope most people who read this would decide to work smarter, not harder. This comment sounds a little too close to the "definition of insanity".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.