The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
And there ya go folks. This is how you sell books.

I never met you.
I never sold you.
I never put an ad in front of your face.
I never spent a dime to convince you.
Content was created and you found the content.
The surrounding content convinced you of value.
Value convinced you to buy.
I added one book sale to the growing number.

None of the above is easy. Of course if it was, we'd all be authors who could claim selling $1M+ in books.

Product. Platform. Process.

Welcome aboard @Jambla.

51064066.jpg

On a side note, have you ever read the one-star reviews on your book? They're entirely comprised of people who are pissed that you didn't give them a step-by-step plan to starting a multi-million dollar company. The "top" one-star only spent 40 minutes reading the entire book. The nearly 600 five-start reviews are proof of the books value alone.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
@randomnumber314 LOL, the guy spent 40 minutes reading the book?

Was that Tai Lopez?

JK, yeah 40 minutes to read a book..thats nothing. So many people have this 'microwave popcorn' mentality when it comes to success.

As it relates to Tai I read on another forum that he's recommending a style of living that isn't necessarily connected to how his made his money. As MJ would say, 'guru hypocrisy' strikes again.

Apparently he struck it big in 4-6 years and had his share of failures... from broke on a couch in SC, to selling insurance, to working with Joel Salatin through his apprenticeship program, and going on to GE Capital....somewhere along the line he got involved with nightclub promotion and those shady dating businesses..

At any rate, his marketing is great (pre selling, tying himself into that young hustler crowd...., Owen Cook followers), and he has an endless source of content. If he runs out of stuff to talk about, he just pulls out another book from a shelf and start yapping.

I just find it suspicious that he never talks about his companies (especially when he claims to have 1,000,000 customers).

Imagine Dane Maxwell never talking about Paperless Pipeline. Imagine Eric Bandholz never talking about Beardbrand.

It doesn't make any sense.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
3 months ago a friend sent me a link to one of his videos. Tai seemed very articulate person so I watched two or three videos of him out of curiosity.
30+ minutes to say something that could be said clearly in 1 minute. First BS alert.
Then I went to check out his website just to find the "67 steps to this" and "67 steps to that" - Second BS alert.
He might be very rich or successful and he might be doing something right but his way of talking and story seems very phishy. I got bored with his fluffy talk very quick and don't want to watch another video.
If one pretends to know everything, he most probably knows very little but knows it well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
I just find it suspicious that he never talks about his companies (especially when he claims to have 1,000,000 customers).

I would only do business with businessmen who never actually speak about their business. Adds a bit of mystery to the deal.

Also, we know who he is judging by his short bio on London Real interview; Tai Lopez is an investor, entrepreneur, author and aspiring renaissance man.

All I need to know. He invests, he entrepreneurs and aspires. Seems legit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
What does that even mean? You wouldn't do business with Mark Cuban, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates because yiu know what they do?

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Tai Lopez is a very sympathetic guy, super smart and has been there done that.

Came from nothing, raised by his mum and a step dad and even before adulthood went to seek out mentors by offering to work for them for free.
Thus he learned how to build a business at a young age.

Lived among the Amish for 3 years to get a different philosophical perspective on life which served him well.

He's a shareholder of Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway investment company. That's why he "knows" Buffett, Munger and Bill Gates.

Tai is a Renaissance Man in that he has knowledge of everything from business to the unified theory of physics to talking German to how to attract chicks.

And yes the man can talk, but he is one of the few people that can talk for an hour without spouting nonsense.

I don't give a shit what car he has. But I'm sure he's a multimillionaire that came from a poor background. He operates dating sites among other things.

Tai believes in reading and has a book club which he claims is the 2nd biggest in the world. I think that is a bit hyperbole but what the heck.

Take the guy seriously if you're on a path to wealth.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
And there ya go folks. This is how you sell books.

I never met you.
I never sold you.
I never put an ad in front of your face.
I never spent a dime to convince you.
Content was created and you found the content.
The surrounding content convinced you of value.
Value convinced you to buy.
I added one book sale to the growing number.

None of the above is easy. Of course if it was, we'd all be authors who could claim selling $1M+ in books.

Product. Platform. Process.

Welcome aboard @Jambla.

Finally clicked on this thread as it was still going for some reason. Skimmed the posts and stopped to read MJ's (as everyone should)

Was impressed by one of my stats the other day so decided to compare it to one I'm familiar with, yours. Just to see how far ahead you are. You had me by a lot, as expected.

Just checked now to see if yours was still climbing after I read this post.

ZDiySHj.png

The book is over 4 years old and still selling this well. Amazing. Look at the stats..#3 in your primary category.

Mind blowing.

Value trumps all.

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
I actually worked for a company that produced this kind of material. It paid pretty good, but looking back...I feel bad for that part of my life. I know money is money but damn...

So on that note, let me update this thread for Tai as he proudly goes into hard-core shyster territory. I hope we're not giving him any Google juice.

This is just hard to watch, I'm cringing.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 23, 2015
Tai Lopez is a college drop out. He use to work at GE Capital. He is an owner of a nightclub business in Hollywood. Tai Lopez went on to become a Certified Financial Planner. He worked in the world of finance before becoming a founder, investor, Keynote Speaker, advisor, or mentor to more than 20 multi-million dollar businesses.

Now he does business mentorships online, inner circles, conferences and runs his "67 steps program"

He also runs a podcast “The Grand Theory of Everything” and a Youtube channel.

He lives in Hollywood Hills and drives a black Lamborghini Gallardo

And I believe he makes an estimate of 2-3 million dollars a year and counting
Can you give us examples of these businesses? Everyone seems to wonder but never came across one.

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
To go from being on The Millionaire Fastlane tv show, and sucking in it

To teaching about true love

You gotta be bullshitting

And i actually watched the whole episode of the show a long time ago before i knew who Tai was (yeah it's one of my guilty pleasure shows :nailbiting: Love this shit)

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
Tai Lopez is riding the fastlane and reading books, making youtube videos while the rest of you are sitting home worrying about weather or not he is a scam. All the info to ride the fastlane is here. let others figure out whether he is shady or not. you guys are here with enough knowledge to decipher what Tai is doing

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Because I read about business/entrepreneurship a lot online, YouTube decided to saturate the videos I watch with Tai Lopez ads. Kill me please.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
His latest video is up on London Real.

"I buy every book. I don't read them all, but imagine if you have investor over for dinner, and he sees all those business books, he'll be comfortable investing in your business."

Guy is amazing. True Fastlane. Tailane.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
"I buy every book. I don't read them all, but imagine if you have investor over for dinner, and he sees all those business books, he'll be comfortable investing in your business."
I'm sorry that's the dumbest shit I ever heard.

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
YouTube decided to saturate the videos I watch with Tai Lopez ads

yeah, that sucks a lot and is a MASSIVE distraction to me - especially the YouTube main page and their "recommended" videos.

They didn´t use to show that on their main page a couple of years ago - you had your subscribtions there, but they changed it now.

Just bookmark
https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions
so you don´t get distracted by those videos on the main page, and also get Adblock Plus addon for your browser (so no ads)

His latest video is up on London Real.

Haha, atleast we see how superficial most people are.(even the invsestors)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Haha, atleast we see how superficial most people are.(even the invsestors)

Check your premise. Most investors aren't stupid enough to be fooled by a bunch of business books on a book shelf.

If you open your mouth and sound like a complete idiot no one is going to give you money. Investors are secured with rapport and trust.

If your knowledge is just a book shelf of business books, read or unread, then you're in for a bad time.

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
@csalvato: I'm not trolling. I'm creating abundance.

I'm teaching you about business, without actually disclosing what's my businesses. Along the way, I'll randomly quote excerpts from all the books I skimmed over.

Today's lesson; Alexander the Great conquered the entire known World by his early 30s. Get inspired. Start your business today.

Did I just inspire you?

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
I hope I inspired you too @Raoul Duke

If you need further inspiration, contact me via PM and I'll inspire you and even mentor you.

@Amschel agree. So inspirational. So many vague random quotes and so little actual business talk, I'm too inspired right now.

Myron van Yolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Nov 2, 2014
Europe
I hope I inspired you too @Raoul Duke

If you need further inspiration, contact me via PM and I'll inspire you and even mentor you.

@Amschel agree. So inspirational. So many vague random quotes and so little actual business talk, I'm too inspired right now.
You seem upset. Didn't you read a book today or something? Albert Einstein said: "make things simple, but not too simple". Now go, get a good life.
Btw don't forget to check out my 67 steps.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I only came here for 2 things...