The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Workshop Replay] Selling Google Ads as a Service

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Here's a presentation about how I started and am building a business that provides Google Ads as a service to other businesses.

I did it for @Fox 's paid web design group last year and he's kindly allowed me to share it.

It should also help people starting other businesses.

Let me know what your main takeaways are.

View: https://youtu.be/9kn79FWQAXk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Here's a presentation about how I started and am building a business that provides Google Ads as a service to other businesses.

I did it for @Fox 's paid web design group last year and he's kindly allowed me to share it.

It should also help people starting other businesses.

Let me know what your main takeaways are.

View: https://youtu.be/9kn79FWQAXk
Thanks Andy

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
My pleasure.

If you get round to watching it I'd love to know you're takeaways and what you'll do different going forward.

Watched a little over half so far. Good advice. The more i learn about and use google ads the more i like it compared to facebook ads. I've run hundreds of thousands of dollars of FB ads in the past, But I like the stability and the more hands off of google.

There was a part where you said search wasn't working as well these days in the US, Which was a bit discouraging because I'd be interested in doing more client work here.

I've only ever run some very, very small search campaigns in the US for a lawn care company and a Barber shop. Had a few calls and messages for the lawn care, About $2cpc average.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Raedrum ... Thanks for your comment on YouTube:

1691073035300.png

I'm curious what your takeaways are from this video.

I rewatched the first 10 minutes or so before publishing and didn't realise it was so focused on Google Ads. I think there's other good business tips in there that people will miss because they're not interested in Google Ads. I'm thinking of doing another presentation/call where I go through the slides and just use my own business as an example.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
@Andy Black if I can help your little seeds grow around the internet I'm happy to do it

You say the video is centered around Google Ads but my takeaways are the way you are doing prospecting. I have difficulties with it but you speak about naturally becoming "the guy to go" by helping people on groups, get reffered etc... It's interesting how you are an expert in webmarketing but do your own prospecting kind of "the old way".

For example, if one have little experience/portfolio you advice to ask to do a "test" to see if there are opportunities for a business, and not needing to be an expert. This is the kind of ideas I begin to have but seeing you confirming and structuring it strengthens my conviction. It seems more possible to me to approach larger businesses with that.

And about FB Ads... I had greats results with it (for a friend's tattoo shop) but it is more and more notorious that the platform are becoming a total unstable mess. You can get suspended at any time for no reasons and good luck get your client's account back if you are not connected with someone inside. I feel like Control is clearly violated, and I don't feel it despite I'm good at it.

On the other hand Google Ads seem really more stable, polyvalent and powerful (and even morally acceptable because it is reactive advertising, not proactive.)

I see that as a kind of "marketing plumbery". There is flows of qualified traffic everywhere and your job is to direct these flows into the right pipes. Not boring at all, exciting in fact.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black if I can help your little seeds grow around the internet I'm happy to do it

You say the video is centered around Google Ads but my takeaways are the way you are doing prospection. I have difficulties with it but you speak about naturally becoming "the guy to go" by helping people on groups, get reffered etc... It's interesting how you are an expert in webmarketing but do your own prospection kind of "the old way".

For example, if one have little experience/portfolio you advice to ask to do a "test" to see if there are opportunities for a business, and not needing to be an expert. This is the kind of ideas I begin to have but seeing you confirming and structuring it strengthens my conviction. It seems more possible to me to approach larger businesses with that.

And about FB Ads... I had greats results with it (for a friend's tattoo shop) but it is more and more notorious that the platform are becoming a total unstable mess. You can get suspended at any time for no reasons and good luck get your client's account back if you are not connected with someone inside. I feel like Control is clearly violated, and I don't feel it despite I'm good at it.

On the other hand Google Ads seem really more stable, polyvalent and powerful (and even morally acceptable because it is reactive advertising, not proactive.)

I see that as a kind of "marketing plumbery". There is flows of qualified traffic everywhere and your job is to direct these flows into the right pipes. Not boring at all, exciting in fact.
Great takeaways. Thanks for the write-up @Raedrum.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Trevor305

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 21, 2023
MY KEY TAKEAWAYS ARE.

If you want to get started in business, reach out to people and ask if they know anyone who wants help with X, Y, Z.
Get paid by selling the solution. And help more people.

At the beginning, saying yes to everything is how you're going to get going.

And if you want to scale, you're going to have to say no to everything.

Networking and building relationships are essential in business.

Also, letting people know what you do is also crucial for a business cuz some people are going to need your help as soon as they find out what you do.

JUST BE VALUABLE TO PEOPLE AND THEY'LL RETURN THE SAME VALUE.

THANKS FOR THE INFO, ANDY! PEACE!

B-qiri

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 6, 2016
Switzerland
Thanks! Key takeaways:

- Build relationships, help people, don't be too pressed on getting a sale, be interested in businesses and people in general (which I am and would I listen to the sales-advice I would have needed to ignore that interest)
- Get the starving crowd with google ads, not the interested crowd

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Oso ... Have you watched this?

Curious what your takeaways are.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
@Oso ... Have you watched this?

Curious what your takeaways are.
Yeah, I watched it right before launching my agency last Sept. I'm planning on posting my progress thread at the 1 year mark. Anyway, I'd be happy to share my takeaways later today!

Cheers.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.