The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why MJ’s My Fastlane Daily is better than The 10X Planner

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Hi everyone,

Not sure if any of you use a day planner or not, but I utilized Grant Cardone’s 10X Day Planner for a long time and recently switched over to MJ’s My Fastlane Daily. I’m already starting to feel more effective.

While the 10X Day Planner is good, it is not great like MJ’s My Fastlane Daily.

MJ’s Fastlane Daily is a lot better than the 10X Planner for the following reasons:

* It allows you to see the big picture (monthly, weekly, yearly goals) and the 10X Planner does not

* It allows you focus on your ONE thing to do everyday (The 10X Planner does not)

* You are reminded of your daily process creation and give ups (The 10X Planner doesn’t remind you of these)

* You can see whether or not you are making Kaizen progress everyday (The 10X Planner just tracks your daily successes)

* It is only 1 page (The 10X Planner is 2)

* You can prioritize your top 10 To Dos by Primary and Secondary, rather than just a routine daytime checklist

* Rather than write in a quote on the 10X Planner, MJ has a solid quote on the bottom right corner that is a good reminder for everyone

* If you want to allocate your time or write down your goals, you can just write it all down on the back of the empty page (instead of being forced to allocate your time on the front page and write your goals on the back page in the 10X Planner)

* It’s a fraction of the cost

* You get free shipping

* MJ actually cares about you and he doesn’t care about making a profit from his day planner

Thank you for all of the value you provide in your daily planner, MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Hi everyone,

Not sure if any of you use a day planner or not, but I utilized Grant Cardone’s 10X Day Planner for a long time and recently switched over to MJ’s My Fastlane Daily. I’m already starting to feel more effective.

While the 10X Day Planner is good, it is not great like MJ’s My Fastlane Daily.

MJ’s Fastlane Daily is a lot better than the 10X Planner for the following reasons:

* It allows you to see the big picture (monthly, weekly, yearly goals) and the 10X Planner does not

* It allows you focus on your ONE thing to do everyday (The 10X Planner does not)

* You are reminded of your daily process creation and give ups (The 10X Planner doesn’t remind you of these)

* You can see whether or not you are making Kaizen progress everyday (The 10X Planner just tracks your daily successes)

* It is only 1 page (The 10X Planner is 2)

* You can prioritize your top 10 To Dos by Primary and Secondary, rather than just a routine daytime checklist

* Rather than write in a quote on the 10X Planner, MJ has a solid quote on the bottom right corner that is a good reminder for everyone

* If you want to allocate your time or write down your goals, you can just write it all down on the back of the empty page (instead of being forced to allocate your time on the front page and write your goals on the back page in the 10X Planner)

* It’s a fraction of the cost

* You get free shipping

* MJ actually cares about you and he doesn’t care about making a profit from his day planner

Thank you for all of the value you provide in your daily planner, MJ!
I haven't heard of this before Andy. Where can I find it? I have read both books so real times,hope I haven't overlooked it.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Nice thread, I agree about grant charging too much for his planners, I’m in Australia and really wanted them but it was just way too much.

Interestingly tho I actually wanted them for one of the reasons you said you didn’t like them.

I like his idea of writing goals daily, or is it twice a day?

He’s like I write my goals down 365 times a year,
Most people write thiers once at the start of the year, who do you think is going to be more focused on them and more likely to achieve them, and I agree.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
INSIDERS get the PDF free.

Here's a peek at what it looks like:

todolistgreenfinal-500x500.jpg

I use these every day.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Nice thread, I agree about grant charging too much for his planners, I’m in Australia and really wanted them but it was just way too much.

Interestingly tho I actually wanted them for one of the reasons you said you didn’t like them.

I like his idea of writing goals daily, or is it twice a day?

He’s like I write my goals down 365 times a year,
Most people write thiers once at the start of the year, who do you think is going to be more focused on them and more likely to achieve them, and I agree.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Grant's enables you to write your goals twice daily, but I just write mine on the back of My Fastlane Daily. MJ's day planner is structured better to where you feel like you're making progress, plus you can easily review how you're doing in every important area of your life. Plus, I just review my goals every morning on Trello as part of my Mini Miracle Morning

I do like Grant. A couple of his books and some of his motivational stuff is decent but I really feel like his planner over-rated and run-of-the-mill, whereas MJ's is more big picture and focused

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

John Walker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 14, 2018
Brazil
INSIDERS get the PDF free.

Here's a peek at what it looks like:
todolistgreenfinal__06595_zoom.jpg

I use these every day.
To use this day planner, do I have to have 365 sheets of it, and rewrite my weekly, monthly, and annual goals again for 365 days? Is that really what I understood?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To use this day planner, do I have to have 365 sheets of it, and rewrite my weekly, monthly, and annual goals again for 365 days? Is that really what I understood?

Do whatever you want. Repetition in writing is how things get burned into your brain.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Like MJ said, do whatever you want but what I do is utilize The Secret Gratitude book to accomplish two things; give gratitude and write goals.
I write down 3 things I am grateful for right now under "Gratitude now" (on the left page) then I write all of my goals under "Gratitude Intentions" (on the right page)

s-l500.jpg

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ya'll are cleaning me out of my to-do-lists!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Ya'll are cleaning me out of my to-do-lists!
A bit of stock clearance is quite healthy for the biz, is it not? :)

For me, I found that I run out of space often, as my handwriting is big. So I went back to just scribbling on the big white space of ordinary planners. I also often reuse old books from school that still have pages in them, instead of throwing them away.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
I'm cheap (broke!) and made my own version, but I have to say, it's VERY USEFUL.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
MJ do the to-do lists come in some type of cover or binder? Or just as individual sheets of paper?

Was also wondering this. What does the cover look like, if one exists?

People, it's in pdf format. You can download it when you have a INSIDERS subscription.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ do the to-do lists come in some type of cover or binder? Or just as individual sheets of paper?

No binder, just sheets of paper. I tend to throw them away after finishing them, but binding them might work for some folks.

Again, the PDF is free if you're an INSIDERS. You can print it up (black and white) or send it off to your printer for the color (light green) copies.

AniM

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Apr 11, 2018
DC
No binder, just sheets of paper. I tend to throw them away after finishing them, but binding them might work for some folks.

Again, the PDF is free if you're an INSIDERS. You can print it up (black and white) or send it off to your printer for the color (light green) copies.

I'll go ahead and print out a week's worth and give it a go. Been using a digital to-do list (Get Shit Done system from this forum) but want to try paper.

If you sold them in some kind of binder or notebook with a cover I would probably buy that. Especially if each spread had the to-do list on one page and a day planner on the other.

Thanks for the quick response

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
SOLD OUT! (Had to dig into my own private stash!)

Will be a week or so before I get more in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.