The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Why Italian graduates are choosing life on the farm

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Feb 7, 2015
It's easier than ever to sell as a farmer direct to the end-user which should give you healty margins.
Slow lane, sure. What is the Fastlane strategy for selling direct to the end user? Serious question. I have relatives with niche farming businesses.

99% of this subject is just fantasizing about a 'back to the land' lifestyle which is not grounded in reality. Anyone who is seriously considering this sort of thing should find a situation in which he can work for a month or two as an unpaid intern or volunteer doing farm work. That will get it out of your system.

If you want to slow down and live the lifestyle I have a better idea. Build a small fastlane business that you can run from anywhere. Move to a rural 'small farm' type area. Buy a house on 10 acres or so. Dabble in growing crops, build a small greenhouse, raise some laying hens for the eggs. Honestly, that is more interesting to me than buying a Lamborghini and buying bottles at the club.

But don't lose sight of the fact that this is a lifestyle thing, not a fastlane thing. It is very easy to throw out 'I'm an idea man!' type solutions for a field that you know nothing about. The problem is that they are all wrong.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
At least for me personally, I'm not trying to "fastlane" a farming business - I'm opening a business that I expect can be self-sufficient financially (pay for the mortgage, truck, equipment, inputs, labour, etc), give me a moderate salary, and just bring me personal satisfaction. Isn't enjoying our life the end goal of "going fastlane" in the first place?

I'll become financially independent through cashflow-positive multifamily real estate, and will build wealth that way. Farming is just a way to contribute while doing something I love :)

Reactions: MTF

SamRussell

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
What's government regulation like for farming? I know in the UK the food industry has all sorts of red tape at the consumer end, is there much red tape at the production end of farming?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Advanced Upwork Proposals II IS FINALLY LIVE! Here's a look at what's inside: Improved YOU...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock