The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why Italian graduates are choosing life on the farm

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 7, 2015
It's easier than ever to sell as a farmer direct to the end-user which should give you healty margins.

Slow lane, sure. What is the Fastlane strategy for selling direct to the end user? Serious question. I have relatives with niche farming businesses.

99% of this subject is just fantasizing about a 'back to the land' lifestyle which is not grounded in reality. Anyone who is seriously considering this sort of thing should find a situation in which he can work for a month or two as an unpaid intern or volunteer doing farm work. That will get it out of your system.

If you want to slow down and live the lifestyle I have a better idea. Build a small fastlane business that you can run from anywhere. Move to a rural 'small farm' type area. Buy a house on 10 acres or so. Dabble in growing crops, build a small greenhouse, raise some laying hens for the eggs. Honestly, that is more interesting to me than buying a Lamborghini and buying bottles at the club.

But don't lose sight of the fact that this is a lifestyle thing, not a fastlane thing. It is very easy to throw out 'I'm an idea man!' type solutions for a field that you know nothing about. The problem is that they are all wrong.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
At least for me personally, I'm not trying to "fastlane" a farming business - I'm opening a business that I expect can be self-sufficient financially (pay for the mortgage, truck, equipment, inputs, labour, etc), give me a moderate salary, and just bring me personal satisfaction. Isn't enjoying our life the end goal of "going fastlane" in the first place?

I'll become financially independent through cashflow-positive multifamily real estate, and will build wealth that way. Farming is just a way to contribute while doing something I love :)

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
What's government regulation like for farming? I know in the UK the food industry has all sorts of red tape at the consumer end, is there much red tape at the production end of farming?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.