The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why does everyone love Think and Grow Rich

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I know this book is a bit old and has older philosophies, but everytime it gets to the deaf guy story, I have to put it down and walk away. It pisses me off to no end. It gives major vibes of audism in disguise and I might be a bit too emotional about it, but it strikes home a bit too close for me.

I understand that you guys might find that story inspiring in a positive aspect, but to me it's still a driver but in the negative side of things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I know this book is a bit old and has older philosophies, but everytime it gets to the deaf guy story, I have to put it down and walk away. It pisses me off to no end. It gives major vibes of audism in disguise and I might be a bit too emotional about it, but it strikes home a bit too close for me.

I understand that you guys might find that story inspiring in a positive aspect, but to me it's still a driver but in the negative side of things.

I don't think I read far enough into the book to get to that part.

One of the only books I never finished because I thought it sucked.

On the bright side, it worked wonderfully as a target for this.

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada

You mean the entire story about his son?

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
You mean the entire story about his son?
Yes the story about his son. The fact that he justified he was able to "speak" was an indication of his intellect, abilities, and drive.

You'll have to understand the history and difficulty we face as a deaf population and how the public percieves one when he can or can't speak.(I'm profoundly deaf myself if I didn't make that clear )

There were several intellectual deaf people without the ability to speak that had so much to share to the world with the written word or American sign language but only to be put aside because he couldn't speak. We only find out about them via stories within the culture and those are the true idols and some bad a$$ mofos, not some guy that was able to "talk" bc his dad rejected sign language and pushed him to take the harder way to learn.

Last edited:

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
I can understand your take on that. I actually thought it pretty extreme that he rejected signing or sending his son to a special school (the college I went to had a school for the deaf next door, they do great work, highly regarded.) And in the end it may have been more luck that it ended as well as it did. It could have easily gone the other way.

I guess all I can say is in AA they have an expression "Take what you can use, and leave the rest". I think Napoleon Hill, old school as he was, still offered a lot. I can see how it may be too much to get over though. I've dropped reading a book (3-volume set actually) because of one line in it. My wife tried telling me what I'm telling you "the rest of the books are worth it", but I could never get beyond that one line.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I can understand your take on that. I actually thought it pretty extreme that he rejected signing or sending his son to a special school (the college I went to had a school for the deaf next door, they do great work, highly regarded.) And in the end it may have been more luck that it ended as well as it did. It could have easily gone the other way.

I guess all I can say is in AA they have an expression "Take what you can use, and leave the rest". I think Napoleon Hill, old school as he was, still offered a lot. I can see how it may be too much to get over though. I've dropped reading a book (3-volume set actually) because of one line in it. My wife tried telling me what I'm telling you "the rest of the books are worth it", but I could never get beyond that one line.

I'm sure that the book has a lot more to offer if I was able to put my emotions on hold and power through and finish the book. I started out at a deaf school only to switch to a public school by choice because I wanted the challenge. (I was always crazy even in 3rd grade). I still stand by my decision because it benefited me in the long run by being able to socialize with the public. However, I strongly believe that I wouldn't be where I am right now if I didn't learn sign language at a younger age and having a solid foundation in sign language and healthy social skills while socializing with other peers like myself.

Also, badasses in deaf history if you want to look em up, Laurent Clerc, Deaf Smith(my personal favorite, not the standard deaf community dude but awesome regardless), William Hoy, Edmund Booth (teacher that became a successful gold miner that was blind in one eye as well)

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
My key takeaway was definiteness of purpose.

Easy to chase money etc, much different to have a specific purpose.

Once I saw that, I saw why certain companies / people became massive and most remain tiny.

As for the rest of the book, it's more about the underlying psychology of success. Remember it was written in 1930's when Twitter and forums didn't exist. Napoleon Hill also went straight to source in order to compile it... didn't just rehash like everyone else (a good example of definiteness of purpose).

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
I've since come across this extensive unauthorized bio of Napoleon Hill:

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/the-untold-story-of-napoleon-hill-the-greatest-self-he-1789385645

It is tempting to dismiss something like this as a "haters gotta hate" hatchet job except it's very thorough, and long. I only came across this yesterday so I'm still parsing what it means to me personally. I have a tendency to insist my role models "walk the walk", so if any of this is true (or more accurately that much of what Napoleon Hill made himself out to be was untrue), what does that mean for his writings? Is it all b/s? Snake oil pulled out of an a$$ on a quest to flim-flam the world?
In AA they have an expression "take the message, leave the messenger", which was primarily intended to protect privacy but also may have some utility here. I still know from personal experience that I've done a lot better with a positive mental attitude than a negative one.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Why Does Everyone Love Think and Grow Rich?

Because most people want the shortcut to wealth.

"Forget about the years of toil, trial & tribulations, action, and process. Just sit down, think, and you'll become rich."

Simple thought leading to massive wealth arouses the imagination in all those naive enough to believe that that's all it takes.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
One of the only books I never finished because I thought it sucked.

Ha Ha, +1. Never finished it either. I couldn't finish 4HWW either. I'm just one opinion though, the market is the ultimate jury.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Does anyone else think this LOA stuff is actually a conspiracy to stop "normal" people getting under the toes of the rich? ha ha
Rather than tell people they cant achieve, tell people they can achieve by just believing in it.

I used to read LOA, but that all changed when I went to a conference called "Achievers and Believers".
It was all high-five's and dancing around, I just humored it.
The whole meeting was centred around belief, whilst I am an advocate for belief, one of the speakers had so much belief, it was unbelievable.
so much so, he actually wrote a book about how to be financially wealthy by just believing that you could become wealthy.
I was curious, so I asked him a few probing questions (who doesn't want to be wealthy) and I cannot remember what I asked him but I specifically recall
his answer.
He said "Well I've been invited to another speaking event but (...... wait for it.....)I have to go to work that day"
Boom... there it was, the truth.

I digress, I dont think its a conspiracy. I just think it gives people hope and whilst it helps some people, its not for me.
I do have to say. I've never known anyone in real life get rich by thinking about it, doesn't work.

that's a way to see the whole thing

i have another point of view about the book

Napoleon Hill's message is that if you persist enough in your actions, no matter how stupid they are,

then you might succeed anyway !

because life is stupid, unfair and absurd so miracles can happen anyway while it is impossible according to logic

-->let me explain

1) people won the lottery twice while it is impossible according to mathematics

British couple win £1m in lottery draw for second time in two years

2) people made important discoveries by accident while doing something else

the Doctor who discovered penicilin by accident

the child who found famous ancient caves in France by accident

the guy who " fill in the blancks "

3) harworking people might never go anywhere while stupid people are lucky in life

the guy who was saved at sea while doing stupids things . he must have died according to french doctor xavier Maniguet

and people who did the right thing died at sea anyway !

the list is endless

Napoleon Hill message is not " do the right logical thing and you will succeed "

the message is " take action enough and miracles might happen while it is absurb, silly and impossible "

--> just think about the little child shouting at Darby's uncle at the beginning of Think and Grow rich

is it logical to give the uncle a whipping while you are a child ???

no, she might have been killed by the uncle

but the child followed Hill's advice : take action and stupid miracles might happen anyway

because life is absurb, unfair and stupid

and sure enough , she mastered the uncle

Last edited:

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
I agree buddy! I don't kno how many times I've heard people praise Think and Grow Rich as "the book you HAVE to read." I read it, it was ok at the time. Later on I began doubting anything related to the law of attraction. No wonder this book is popular among MLMs. It's this kind of feel good stuff that keeps people pouring money into the self-help industry.

The thing that bothers me, now that I look back at Think and Grow Rich, was it didn't give me any real meat on how to build a business. The main theme of the book is visualizing and using affirmations, and then it goes into using sexual energy, having a "pleasing personality," and creating a committee of imaginary great people. In hindsight, none of the books like Think and Grow Rich gave me any real insight on building a business, or what it takes to be rich. Win Friends and Influence People is another similar one, and although it has application, I find people who take a large steaming dump on this book and are still rich and successful. I've read a lot of books that I used to think were gold and now, after a few years of reading and learning, they just don't seem to nail it anymore.

Any one of these authors who get too esoteric I tend to let fall to the way side. There's nothing magical or mystical about making money and you don't have to stand in front of a mirror and say, "I'm fullfilling my million dollar potential..." or a similar cornball affirmation. In my mind, these kinds of "excercises" rank us among the people who believe they've been abducted by aliens(without even knowing it), or believe that sprinking water annointed by the holy ghost heals cancer.(but ironically can't restore missing limbs)

I don't need to be worth 10 million dollars to tell you this won't work because looking in the mirror and chanting affirmations doesn't solve a need in the marketplace. If you could just attract money(if the LOA actually worked) we wouldn't need jobs(and nothing would get done). Since most people either work jobs or own businesses we have to conclude that the LOA either doesn't work, or everyone has such a hopelessly corrupt mindsets that they can't harness the power of the LOA. In which case isn't it easier to just go out and make money the old fashion way? The reason why not too many people make money from chanting affirmations is that there isn't much of a demand for it. You can't get someting for nothing and just say, "I know everyone works for their money but I'm just going to chant affirmations and be open to money coming to me." This is the kind of delusional thinking the self-help industry peddles to the blind.

The thing I love about Millionaire Fastlane , How to Get Rich, etc. etc. is that these books are pragmatism at it's best. They doesn't rattle on about vague, mystic concepts none of us will ever really understand.

Napoleon Hill was the first to write in this theme..... a really pioneer.
All other writers takes from him the inspiration.
The deep of thinking in Napoleon Hill it is only in rare great writers.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Napoleon Hill was the first to write in this theme..... a really pioneer.
All other writers takes from him the inspiration.
The deep of thinking in Napoleon Hill it is only in rare great writers.

what' s the point anyway with all these books ?

making sense of the stupid world we live in. finding a way in this mess.

that's why i will reply in the freemasons topic in a few seconds.

AvocadoMan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 14, 2017
Australia
Ha Ha, +1. Never finished it either. I couldn't finish 4HWW either. I'm just one opinion though, the market is the ultimate jury.
If you think about what was happening in the western world when that book was written, you will understand why it was most likely written. It is quite possible that Mr Hill was just capitalising on a great opportunity, and I personally think that is why he wrote it.

Any normal, non-critical thinking individual, living through a depression, will most likely jump at the idea of thinking and growing rich.

Just my thoughts and I may be in-correct, but I always found it interesting that the book was written just before the end of the Great Depression.

AvocadoMan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 14, 2017
Australia
From my experience if you actually desire something - you just cease to give a F*ck. Your goal is all you can see, you don't sleep, you don't eat - you are on a new level..

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
From what I remember when I read it, "Think and Grow Rich" actually does focus a lot on taking action. "The Secret" is garbage because it doesn't focus on action at all. One of the guys on there talks about visualizing checks and then they just started coming in the mail LOL. He never says what he had to do to get those checks. Just visualize them I guess.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
From what I remember when I read it, "Think and Grow Rich" actually does focus a lot on taking action. "The Secret" is garbage because it doesn't focus on action at all. One of the guys on there talks about visualizing checks and then they just started coming in the mail LOL. He never says what he had to do to get those checks. Just visualize them I guess.

I had a teacher back in primary school who showed us The Secret, and she actually believed in it and wanted us to do so to. No wonder I didn't like her that much..

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Think and Grow Rich is about controlling your own thoughts.

I think the application of psychology for sales and marketing give merit to Hill's thesis.

In Think and Grow Rich, Hill wants you to use advertising and marketing techniques on yourself to compel you to act towards any aim that you choose.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Think and grow rich was the first "success" book I read at 16.

I did like it at the time but now I don't like it so much.

Why?

There is not a lot of timeless principles in the book and the author basically made a living selling success magazines and writing books on success instead of being successful himself. No ideas or insights on starting businesses.

The book leans heavily into "the secret" type BS modes of thinking your way rich instead of solving problems etc.

Economies change and evolve and the ideas and principles in the book are pretty much useless.

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
My problem with TAGR is the "cult" surrounding napoleon hill, People think he unlocked the ONE SECRET to getting rich and he's sharing it with everyone. in summary, his book tells people: think about something you want often enough, in this case being rich, and eventually, it'll happen.

here's something really funny:

Napoleon Hill didn't get rich by believing he would, he was a fraud, a scam artist, and a salesman that wrote some bullshit in a book and sold it to millions of people.

don't believe me? here's a rundown:
  • In his first job as an author for the news, He would make up stories whenever something interesting wasn't happening.
  • He then made a lumber business where he would buy lumber on credit, Never pay the suppliers, and then sell it to others.
  • After his fraudulent lumber plan fell apart, he moved to Washington and opened an automotive school, where people would pay him to learn how to work on cars. But really he would use them as free labor to build vehicles he could sell. And after he found out they couldn't build cars well, he turns it into an MLM, where the students could refer other people to the school and earn more money for each person they brought in.
  • He lent out money to students so they could pay him for the school, with a 5% interest.
  • After his school got busted, he moved, got married, and then opened up a "self help" school which taught people the secrets to success
  • In reality, the school was a scheme to sell stock to investors, the company it was under was worth $1000 or so, but he would sell shares to business owners evaluated at $100,000 or more.
  • He then KEPT the money people invested in the school, and never paid them back.
  • After this, he started a charity that was supposed to help inmates recover and become good members of society, when really he started it so he could get one of his mail fraud buddies out of jail. and he also took donations for the charity, but pocketed 100% of them and never gave them to the prison.
  • he then wrote his book "the law of success" which lied about him meeting Andrew Carnegie, being an advisor for Woodrow Wilson, and being an advisor for Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
  • He goes bankrupt after spending all the money for this book, writes another book about success called "think and grow rich" and that starts selling like crazy.
  • he spends all the money from think and grow rich, and becomes bankrupt for a second time
Essentially, napoleon hill's whole life was full of scams. He continued creating new schemes up until he died in 1821. Napoleon Hill isn't even his real name. his name was Oliver, and he used Napoleon because he was scared for his life of police and government authorities catching him for all his fraudulent activities.

If you want to read more about it (trust me there's A LOT more), Here's an article over the research of napoleon hills life: https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/the-untold-story-of-napoleon-hill-the-greatest-self-he-1789385645

What I'm trying to say here isn't that Think and grow rich is a terrible book, it teaches you about self-confidence and the mindset of setting goals for yourself. but after learning about the author, It's hard for me to believe that the book actually helps you, but instead makes you feel good, and motivates you about entrepreneurship.

Bottom line: people love what they want to hear. The reason people love TAGR is that it plays to their wet dream of getting rich doing nothing. they think: "there are secrets to success, and this book tells me that I can get there by simply willing it to happen... I've found the jackpot!"
which is probably why everyone shares it around so much. Even though, the author of the book didn't sit there and will for success to come his way. In truth, the author built a Fastlane business selling people lies about becoming rich.

Last edited:

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
My problem with TAGR is the "cult" surrounding napoleon hill, People think he unlocked the ONE SECRET to getting rich and he's sharing it with everyone. in summary, his book tells people: think about something you want often enough, in this case being rich, and eventually, it'll happen.

here's something really funny:

Napoleon Hill didn't get rich by believing he will, he was a fraud, a scam artist, and a salesman that wrote some bullshit in a book and sold it to millions of people.

don't believe me? here's a rundown:
  • In his first job as an author for the news, He would make up stories whenever something interesting wasn't happening.
  • He then made a lumber business where he would buy lumber on credit, Never pay the suppliers, and then sell it to others.
  • After his fraudulent lumber plan fell apart, he moved to Washington and opened an automotive school, where people would pay him to learn how to work on cars. But really he would use them as free labor to build vehicles he could sell. And after he found out they couldn't build cars well, he turns it into an MLM, where the students could refer other people to the school and earn more money for each person they brought in.
  • He lent out money to students so they could pay him for the school, with a 5% interest.
  • After his school got busted, he moved, got married, and then opened up a "self help" school which taught people the secrets to success
  • In reality, the school was a scheme to sell stock to investors, the company it was under was worth $1000 or so, but he would sell shares to business owners evaluated at $100,000 or more.
  • He then KEPT the money people invested in the school, and never paid them back.
  • After this, he started a charity that was supposed to help inmates recover and become good members of society, when really he started it so he could get one of his mail fraud buddies out of jail. and he also took donations for the charity, but pocketed 100% of them and never gave them to the prison.
  • he then wrote his book "the law of success" which lied about him meeting Andrew Carnegie, being an advisor for Woodrow Wilson, and being an advisor for Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
  • He goes bankrupt after spending all the money for this book, writes another book about success called "think and grow rich" and that starts selling like crazy.
  • he spends all the money from think and grow rich, and becomes bankrupt for a second time
Essentially, napoleon hill's whole life was full of scams. He continued creating new schemes up until he died in 1821. Napoleon Hill isn't even his real name. his name was Oliver, and he used Napoleon because he was scared for his life of police and government authorities catching him for all his fraudulent activities.

If you want to read more about it (trust me there's A LOT more), Here's an article over the research of napoleon hills life: https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/the-untold-story-of-napoleon-hill-the-greatest-self-he-1789385645

What I'm trying to say here isn't that Think and grow rich is a terrible book, it teaches you about self-confidence and the mindset of setting goals for yourself. but after learning about the author, It's hard for me to believe that the book actually helps you, but instead makes you feel good, and motivates you about entrepreneurship.

Bottom line: people love what they want to hear. The reason people love TAGR is that it plays to their wet dream of getting rich doing nothing. they think: "there are secrets to success, and this book tells me that I can get there by simply willing it to happen... I've found the jackpot!"
which is probably why everyone shares it around so much. Even though, the author of the book didn't sit there and will for success to come his way. In truth, the author built a Fastlane business selling people lies about becoming rich.

One thing I forgot to mention (i'm very passionate about this topic as you can tell)

we have a major problem today with gurus and motivational speakers. Napoleon hill essentially invented the "self-help" industry, People hold him on a pedestal. His influence is everywhere, his influence is in "the law of attraction" and tony robbins, His influence is on people that buy lottery tickets, it's everywhere. Most Gurus today are all their own little napoleon hills, they're all great at feeding to people's hopes to get rich and selling them what they want to hear.

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
One thing I forgot to mention (i'm very passionate about this topic as you can tell)

we have a major problem today with gurus and motivational speakers. Napoleon hill essentially invented the "self-help" industry, People hold him on a pedestal. His influence is everywhere, his influence is in "the law of attraction" and tony robbins, His influence is on people that buy lottery tickets, it's everywhere. Most Gurus today are all their own little napoleon hills, they're all great at feeding to people's hopes to get rich and selling them what they want to hear.

Hill's book is filled with simple truths about what drives humans behavior.

Nothing happens that wasn't first an idea in someone's head.

He emphasized the importance of ideas and imagination.

The book is authored for the "the drifter", someone with no goals, ambition or confidence.

Hills formula is this:
Desire + confidence + a plan = action = result.

He advocates doing what marketers and copywriters do to build desire and confidence.

Does sales copy create desire within people that causes them to act by making a purchase? Yes, it's indisputable.

If the affirmations were written by good copywriters and people were exposed to them regularly then I'm certain they would be effective for most people. Same as advertisements.

The problem is, most people aren't good at writing good sales copy, so whatever they write to sell themselves on the merits of pursuing a goal isn't convincing enough.

The book cashvertising is praised on this forum, and most of its content is using language and emotion to stir a desire within consumers. Hill is advocating the same thing to stir a desire of your own choosing in yourself.

Now, sure lots of wealthy folks never needed self-suggestion or affirmations to form a desire or confidence, but they still had those two ingredients that Hill says are necessary. Then with those two they executed a plan. Hill says faith is the most important ingredient, faith = confidence. Faith stirs action, doesn't matter if it's a lie. Faith is what keeps people buying lotto tickets after a lifetime of failure.

You have to recognize guys like Musk, Bezos, Gates, they had a definite goal, a desire, and confidence in themselves and their ideas.

It doesn't matter what Hill did with his life, truth is truth, the life choices and behavior of the author don't necessarily make his claims false.

Even con artists have desire and confidence, it makes them successful too.

The book is about controlling your own thoughts and beliefs, because those are what all of your actions stem from.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
I often see self-made millionaires who publish their books on how to make money/mindset and then when I went to check their profile is always the same... Entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker but always seems like the book is their enterprise.

jayeshv7021

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 16, 2019
Yes, purchased the book today. B & N bookstore has it on sale for $9.00. Its a classic. I had to read it at least 10 times over a period of years before I took it seriously. You will study it, make it a project, and the follow instructions if and only if you are ready. When you read the book for the 2nd time, think of some past experiences that were successful for you. Think of the process you went through to achieve that success as you read the book.
Please let me know what happens after you read the book.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
I can't read past the fourth chapter on this book. Its so much fluff. That whole law of secret was based on this. Why are people raving about it so much? Looking in the mirror, saying affirmations does not make you rich.

don't care about the rest of the book

just focus on the chapters of desire and faith. this is enough according the pareto principle

20 % of the content of a book deliver 80 % of the value of the book.

just focus on this quote , you don't need to read the rest of the book :

" He presented himself at Mr. Edison’s laboratory, and announced he had
come to go into business with the inventor.
In speaking of the first meeting between Barnes and Edison, years later, Mr. Edison said, “He stood there before me, looking like an ordinary tramp, but there was something in the expression of his face which conveyed the impression that he was determined to get what he had come after.
I had learned, from years of experience with men, that when a
man really DESIRES a thing so deeply that he is willing to stake his entire future
on a single turn of the wheel in order to get it, he is sure to win. I gave him the op-
portunity he asked for, because I saw he had made up his mind to stand by until
he succeeded.
Subsequent events proved that no mistake was made.
Just what young Barnes said to Mr. Edison on that occasion was far less impor-
tant than that which he thought. Edison, himself, said so! It could not have been
the young man’s appearance which got him his start in the Edison office, for that
was definitely against him.
It was what he THOUGHT that counted.
If the sig
nificance of this statement could be conveyed to every person who reads it, there would be no need for the remainder of this book. "

from this :

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.