The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The reason I don't like Think and Grow Rich...

For any book discussion

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
“When you begin to think and grow rich, you will observe that riches begin with a state of mind, with definiteness of purpose, with little or no hard work

– Napoleon Hill

/thread

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Thank you for the link.

I'm actually going to buy it and give it a read.

The guy obviously had a screw loose, but his analytical intelligence seems to be off the charts.

The reviews are quite good. Will make for an interesting read, one you won't find on a NYT Best Seller list or on a stage with Oprah.
I can't imagine reading anything longer than a page by Ted Kaczynski. Yea he was intelligent, but that intelligence was comically misguided. The guy was a total nutter Marxist who believed the Industrial Rev is the causer of all human suffering. It's no surprise he want to Harvard, which is a liberal circle-jerk.

But if you found anything interesting in it, let me know.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I think Think and Grow Rich is a great book for just about anyone to read. It's full of great points and outlines a method of finding personal success that is definitely good enough to get great results if followed.

It seems like most of the people relating this book to The Secret are a bit confused. Think and Grow Rich is a book about cultivating Desire and taking massive persistent action until goals are achieved, never accepting defeat, and getting what you want. It's not called Wish and Grow Rich... It's Think and Grow Rich. The idea that thought preceeds action is a fundamental truth of being human.

Just because the author wasn't a great guy doesn't make the material less true. It's not like he was talking about being a great person. He was talking about getting rich. Obviously he drank his own coolaid.

I've read hundreds of self help books and this is one of the best. Many have copied ideas from it and rightly so. Most of the material I've found to be very basic and principled knowledge which is imo the best for developing one's own success strategy.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Robert Kiyosaki is a good promoter and marketer.

He basically combines something useful like “go do a business and learn investing and learn about tax instead of just get good grades in school and work like a slave.” with his own nonsensical but effective marketing.

His own nonsensical but effective marketing is that he always speak as if there is a group of secret elites that want to keep us poor and he cannot speak too much about that. Haha. I think he understands the American audience really at a deep level, with all those conspiracies that people love to hear....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Ironic the 2 Biggie Topics pretty much banned on every forum for discussion are the 2 most full of B.S. that should be in Fiction catagory in a Book Store. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.