The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who Is Smashing It On TikTok Right Now?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I am surprised to see people from diverse sectors claiming to be successful on TikTok. My earlier perception of the platform was that it was mainly used by socially awkward kids with short attention spans, but I was wrong. So now I intend to use the platform to promote my books, as I have heard that some straightforward tactics can lead to direct sales, which can be implemented easily and inexpensively.

We seem to have lots of threads about Facebook, Instagram and Google advertising, but I don't see any specifically for TikTok, so I thought I'd start one for me and others to detail their wins and losses when it comes to TikTok promotion.

Take it away guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Tagging the Looch @mikecarlooch and the road warrior BRD @BigRomeDawg
Great storytelling and massive value work regardless of platform, but minor delivery nuances that are obvious if you spend any time on it consuming.

On the paid side, there is a $1500 ad credit if you spend $1500 right now.

I also have an acquaintance who's crushing it on TikTok longform... like 5-10 minute videos...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks for the mention @Mikkel; I had a breakthrough of virality here:

If you scroll down, you can see some of my top tips - I'm more than happy to strategise here for your campaign.

Edit: autocorrect error

Thanks, and well done on your progress so far, I can tell you've put a hell of lot of work into it.

I think I need to get an account and start browsing 'booktok' to see what other authors are doing. I'm always open to help though. I think it's a case of finding quick snippets to film at random times and then release as much as possible.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
I want to spend as little time as possible doing that... Could you expand on some of these nuances, please?
Depends on niche and also changes week over week

For example nobody expected longform to take off on TikTok. But it also probably isn't the move for all niches/demos.

Just follow some accounts who are killing it in your niche and it'll be obvious what to do

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for the mention @Mikkel; I had a breakthrough of virality here:

If you scroll down, you can see some of my top tips - I'm more than happy to strategise here for your campaign.

Edit: autocorrect error
Late to this post. But the link does not open for me, stating that "Private Forum: You have insufficient privileges to view the threads or post"

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Late to this post. But the link does not open for me, stating that "Private Forum: You have insufficient privileges to view the threads or post"
Yep, you need at least fifty posts. The only people who get to see it are people who contribute and don't lurk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.