The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who Are You Helping Get Rich?

Anything related to matters of the mind

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Some of the discussion on the forum over the years is always struck me as a little skewed.

I want to approach things from a different perspective.

Who are you helping to get rich?

For me as a marketer, I'm helping my clients get rich. I know there's a lot of marketers on the forum, but that's not really what we're discussing here today.

There's a tone to some of the back and forth on the forum. Should you be a soloprenuer? Should you build an enterprise? What kind of ethics do you need to get big? What kind of systems, processes, tools do you need to scale?

It gets so much that a beginner can't wrap their head around it. So I'm boiling it down to this question...

Name any major business personality, and they helped many people become millionaires.

For every Bill Gates, there's a Paul Allen. And Steve Balmer. And those are the names we know. Rockefeller and Carnegie had a whole cohort of rich guys supporting them. Some ran businesses that support their businesses. Some work directly for them. The first engineers at Tesla got so many stock options, had a 95 cent strike price, that they can be ridiculously wealthy today... If they held onto them.

Why? Why did all these big people help other people get rich? Why didn't they just do what @Black_Dragon43 insists all rich guys do? Why didn't they keep all their money?

Simple. They couldn't do it alone.

As you're thinking about what business to start, or you're thinking about what business to grow, should ask yourself, am I hiring the best people? Am I attracting the best people? Am I keeping the best people?

All the best companies are made up of groups of the best people.

Depending on how you look at it, I have three kinds of clients. I have the soloprenuer/small family biz. I have the established single location business. And I have a few chains, companies that are approaching "medium sized" businesses.

In that time, I've noticed there's a few financial milestones where people tend to need to shift their process. This isn't scientific, and it's different in different industries. But basically...

$100k - $1 M - $5M - $15M - $40 M

That first 100 k hurdle stops a lot of businesses. When you come from nothing, and you basically are just you and making a $100k, man you feel like you made it. You can afford to do stuff.

A lot of clients get to that point, and I think about hiring somebody at 40k or 60k, and they just don't want to. Who wants to go from being a baller to being a nobody again?

Hiring the first employee is one of the hardest mental hurdles most business owners face.

Same thing goes with 1 million. To go from 1 to 5, you have to reinvent yourself. You definitely need a team.

Somewhere in 5 million, you start to feel like you need an HR department. Things really start getting inefficient. Team meetings become more important.

I don't have a lot of experience growing people to 15 million, but I included it because my clients that have gotten a $40 million said that 15 million was a hurdle.

And I don't know what it is about 40 million, but that's when people want to sell. It's like this magic number that everybody has. If I can get 40 million, that means 20 million in the bank, and I'm set for life. (Keep in mind, many people can sell for $40 million before they ever hit 15 million in revenue period. I'm not listing out an exact science. I'm just trying to provide a glimpse behind the curtain for people that are new in business.)

Now imagine growing past that...

So dear reader, if you truly want to make it BIG, here is a question ask yourself...

How can I help a lot of people get rich?

What kind of business do you have to start to get there?

What kind of person do you have to become to attract the best people? The best suppliers? The best investors?

Personally, I'm still answering this question. But There are two qualities that I think this person needs to develop...

Vision and Leadership.

And we don't talk enough about that on the forum.

Big dollars require big visions. Big visions require big leaders to bring them to life.

One of my favorite things that I heard from any forum related thing was at the 2020 summit. @Kak gave his talk, and he said something like this:

"If you want to amass generational wealth, learn how to solve bigger problems. Worldwide problems."

That's where vision comes in.

Why do people who are capable of making millions in a job follow the leaders they follow? Do you really think it's just the money?

No.

It because of who that leader is.
And because of the vision that leader communicates.

So give that some thought Fastlane Fam.

Who are you helping get rich? Is it really just you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Why? Why did all these big people help other people get rich? Why didn't they just do what @Black_Dragon43 insists all rich guys do? Why didn't they keep all their money?
Oh, you think it’s from the goodness of their hearts? For the simple answer that they couldn’t keep all the money themselves… you need a team to build an empire, you can’t do it alone.

But telling me that Bill Gates made Steve Ballmer a billionaire from the goodness of his heart is like telling me that Putin made his childhood friend Arkady Rotenberg a billionaire out of the goodness of his heart…

No, he didn’t. He did it simply because he needs help to manage the money and the power that comes with it.

Bohemi

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 28, 2022
Roskilde, Denmark
Imagine a world where healers no longer had to struggle to make ends meet. Im not talking about doctors here, but those amazing people who has some kind of skill to help people get better. Psychotherapists, Thought Field Therapists, meditation teachers, coaches, nurses and others who spend their days trying to fix some serious problems.

Imagine a world where getting help on some issue you are struggling with - mentally, physically or emotionally - isn't about How much money you have available, but just a question about choosing the right treatment.

This is the kind of people I dream of making rich. And l know I can't do that alone. But I can do my part, I can start and I can definitely have the vision clear in my head so I know where to aim

Interesting post, this one .

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Oh, you think it’s from the goodness of their hearts? For the simple answer that they couldn’t keep all the money themselves… you need a team to build an empire, you can’t do it alone.

But telling me that Bill Gates made Steve Ballmer a billionaire from the goodness of his heart is like telling me that Putin made his childhood friend Arkady Rotenberg a billionaire out of the goodness of his heart…

No, he didn’t. He did it simply because he needs help to manage the money and the power that comes with it.
This is straw man. You're asking a question that I did not say and you are arguing against it.

I'm not having this argument with you. There's no need to turn every thread into an argument.

You can have the ethics discussion on the ethics thread. I'm not trying to have an ethics discussion.

But on other threads you talked about how evil rich people are and they try and keep all the money for themselves.

And all I'm pointing out is they don't. They make a lot of other people rich too.

It's not an ethics discussion, it's a mindset. That's what I'm trying to get people to realize.

If you have a big enough vision, there's enough slices of the pie to attract top quality talent.

But if you're only trying to build something big enough to get you and only you rich, then scaling will be more difficult.

And the business owner, AKA you, will have to wear more hats. You can't possibly be an expert at all the hats...

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
As one of those beginners who has been working to wrap their head around a lot of business-related things, I truly appreciate you taking the time to share a different perspective with the goal of providing clarity. Thank you.

Everything you have said makes total sense - vision, leadership, needing a team, solving worldwide problems. But for me, I think I'm still trying to bridge some gaps earlier in the road. I might have leadership skills and the capacity for vision, but having no prior business experience or a clear picture of what is really needed in the world, who is going to take me seriously? If I haven't even helped myself make money outside of a 9-to-5, how am I going to help someone else make money? Having such a small, almost non-existent entrepreneurial network, how do I build a team or get invited to one?

You have much much more experience than I do, and you're asking the same questions.

What kind of person do you have to become to attract the best people? The best suppliers? The best investors?

Personally, I'm still answering this question.

So, wouldn't it make more sense for a beginner to start small? Start by helping people in ways that may not fulfill the CENTS commandments, get a better understanding of business and what the world needs and build a better network? But all the while keeping vision and leadership and teamwork and helping other people make money in mind as a goal for later down the road?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you more than I thought? Maybe I'm not a beginner, but the step before beginner? Ugh.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
a clear picture of what is really needed in the world
You're wondering where to start? This is where you start.

I'll take a popular recent example. We've got a handful of people doing window washing.

They're starting to taking action by literally walking door to door with a bucket and squeegee in hand and offering to wash windows.

Awesome. In time, they might be able to hire people to do the jobs. They might even get to 100k/yr window washing.

My point is this is one type of business, it's perfectly fine.

But I have seen the people get stuck at this level. Garage door guys, plumbers, mechanics, business consultants, I don't know why people get stuck at 100k.

And when you get stuck, take a look at the vision you have. Can you raise the bar on yourself?

Because what it takes to support one person window washing is very different than it takes what it takes to support a crew for people window washing.

And for a lot of beginners, that sounds like a worthy goal.

But what if you take it one step further? What if you build out crews in 2 cities? In the top 10 cities in your country? What would that look like?

Let's take it one step further.

What if you not only have people in cars washing by hand, but now you need equipment to window wash high-rises?

What would that look like? Who would you need to become as a leader in order to achieve that vision?

Let's take it one step further.

Because you have all of these corporate clients who need window washing, what if you start offering janitorial services?

What would your team need to look like then?

What if you had corporate clients in the top 10 cities in your country for janitorial and window washing?

Let's take it one step further. Let's throw in parking lot cleaning. Next, HVAC installation and repair. Next, plumbing.

Pretty soon you could have a growing, thriving enterprise in facilities management.

And let's take it one step further. Your company runs crews. It needs checklists and tasks. It'll need GPS tracking.

So you build a software solution. And the sell the solution for other facility management/janitorial/HVAC/window washing/parking lot cleaning companies.

Now you have two compatible and growing enterprises.

My point is that you don't necessarily have to know how you're going to build your empire today.

But just starting with the vision that you're going to build an empire can make a big difference.

When you hit those breakpoints, you're a lot less likely to rest on your laurels. Because if you continue to raise your vision, if you continue to raise your expectations of yourself, if you continue to grow to meet these increasing expectations of yourself, you might just shock yourself at how big and fast your entrepreneurial network grows.

Having such a small, almost non-existent entrepreneurial network

Because last I checked you are on the fast lane forum. There are at least 10, 20 millionaires who know your forum handle. (I'm spitballing here...)

But you don't see it, because you're busy thinking you're small and, for lack of a better word, insignificant.

And that's okay. For now.

But more than anything, my post is about getting you to expect more of yourself.

Now let's say you've got two entrepreneurs on the forum.

One says to himself, bizydad told me to go wash windows, so I'm going to go wash windows.

And the other says to himself, bizydad told me to go build an empire, so I'm going start by washing windows.

Who do you think is going to get farther?

You have much much more experience than I do, and you're asking the same questions.

Yes, my point is exactly this. You're asking yourself these questions. I'm asking myself these questions. People with more money and success than I have are asking themselves these questions.

As you grow, your answers to these questions continue to help you grow.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that you only have to answer these questions once.

That's how you get your company stuck at certain levels.

So, wouldn't it make more sense for a beginner to start small? Start by helping people in ways that may not fulfill the CENTS commandments, get a better understanding of business and what the world needs and build a better network?

So yes, hopefully you see that I believe it does make sense for a beginner who doesn't have any confidence, network, or ability to get people to believe in themselves should start small.

Rack up some small wins.

But at some point in time, you've got to raise your gaze. Look higher, aim higher.

And along the way, be prepared to share the vision you have for yourself, for the people you hire, and for the company you are building.

Going back to those two people starting a business.

One is just worrying about cleaning windows.

The other one is communicating a vision to everybody in their life about what they are in the process of building.

I will ask again... Who do you think is going to get farther?

Notice I didn't say "going to build"... Don't tell people about your dream of a someday that might never come.

Tell people about the process you are going through to achieve your dream. There is power in that. People want to support other people who are taking action. People root for people who set challenges and exceed them.

Hope that helps.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Imagine a world where getting help on some issue you are struggling with - mentally, physically or emotionally - isn't about How much money you have available, but just a question about choosing the right treatment.
This is really interesting as well.

Crack this code, and I think you've got a Fastlane enterprise. An app that guides you to an appropriate treatment.

One challenge I think you would have is figuring out what is the most efficacious solution. But I think if you can play matchmaker the right way in this, yeah this is an idea that could go places...

But I'm not sure why you would eliminate money from this equation. Do healers not deserve more money?

Or are you suggesting some kind of AI-based healing solution? Surely even that would have a cost that must be paid.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
You're wondering where to start? This is where you start.
You give a great example. I've been asking myself all day every day: "What problem is right in front of me that I can provide solutions to right now given need, my skills, and my time/money situation?" I live in a small, low-income town. So that's the first thing I'm trying to figure out how to handle. What kind of business would actually do well here, what do people/companies here want to spend their money on? What would bring attention/money to this place? Or should I work on creating online content? And now, thanks to you, the idea of operating something in a city somewhere else is something I will consider too. I'll figure it out.

My point is that you don't necessarily have to know how you're going to build your empire today.
Well that's a relief. I need to stop thinking and start doing. The path will become clearer once I actually step foot on the path. Thanks. I don't know how many times I need to hear this from others and myself, but I guess it was at least once more.

Because last I checked you are on the fast lane forum. There are at least 10, 20 millionaires who know your forum handle. (I'm spitballing here...)

But you don't see it, because you're busy thinking you're small and, for lack of a better word, insignificant.
While I do need to work on my confidence, I don't think it's fair to say I don't see that I'm noticed by millionaires because I'm busy thinking I'm small and insignificant. 100% objectively speaking, I'm fairly new here and I haven't taken much action yet, why should I expect millionaires to know my handle? Those are just the facts. My User Power is kind of low and my inbox has a few great conversations, but is mostly quiet right now. Virtual networking is something I'm learning and working on. Sincere question: What metrics am I not looking at that I should be looking at to know that I'm being noticed? What are you seeing that I'm not?

Don't make the mistake of thinking that you only have to answer these questions once.
Great point and great reminder. The objective is to continue growing, not to "make it."

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What are you seeing that I'm not?
I'm really not "the voice of all millionaires on the forum", but I see the likes that I get from you. I know several power users don't care about that.

But you also contribute. You've got to assume that people read what you contribute. Even if you're not getting the likes or scores or whatever, that doesn't mean you're not getting read.

More importantly, you're already one of us. You're not a lurker. You're taking part in conversation. You're one progress thread away from getting more people behind you and your vision.

Some fastlaners start three or four different progress threads before they "crack the code". And that's okay too.

Sincere question: What metrics am I not looking at that I should be looking at to know that I'm being noticed?

But don't worry about it too much either. Keep posting, keep being sincere, keep being yourself.

And most importantly, keep growing and keep going.

Don't do things just for the likes. Find that solution that you know you can deliver. And when you have questions, come on the forum and ask them.

Preferably, ask them after you've tried finding the answers yourself... That's a mistake a lot of new people make. People like supporting someone who takes initiative. No one wants to have to connect all the dots for you.

But based on your posts, I don't think you're that type anyway.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Some of the discussion on the forum over the years is always struck me as a little skewed.

I want to approach things from a different perspective.

For me as a marketer, I'm helping my clients get rich. I know there's a lot of marketers on the forum, but that's not really what we're discussing here today.

There's a tone to some of the back and forth on the forum. Should you be a soloprenuer? Should you build an enterprise? What kind of ethics do you need to get big? What kind of systems, processes, tools do you need to scale?

It gets so much that a beginner can't wrap their head around it. So I'm boiling it down to this question...

Name any major business personality, and they helped many people become millionaires.

For every Bill Gates, there's a Paul Allen. And Steve Balmer. And those are the names we know. Rockefeller and Carnegie had a whole cohort of rich guys supporting them. Some ran businesses that support their businesses. Some work directly for them. The first engineers at Tesla got so many stock options, had a 95 cent strike price, that they can be ridiculously wealthy today... If they held onto them.

Simple. They couldn't do it alone.

As you're thinking about what business to start, or you're thinking about what business to grow, should ask yourself, am I hiring the best people? Am I attracting the best people? Am I keeping the best people?

All the best companies are made up of groups of the best people.

Depending on how you look at it, I have three kinds of clients. I have the soloprenuer/small family biz. I have the established single location business. And I have a few chains, companies that are approaching "medium sized" businesses.

In that time, I've noticed there's a few financial milestones where people tend to need to shift their process. This isn't scientific, and it's different in different industries. But basically...

$100k - $1 M - $5M - $15M - $40 M

That first 100 k hurdle stops a lot of businesses. When you come from nothing, and you basically are just you and making a $100k, man you feel like you made it. You can afford to do stuff.

A lot of clients get to that point, and I think about hiring somebody at 40k or 60k, and they just don't want to. Who wants to go from being a baller to being a nobody again?

Hiring the first employee is one of the hardest mental hurdles most business owners face.

Same thing goes with 1 million. To go from 1 to 5, you have to reinvent yourself. You definitely need a team.

Somewhere in 5 million, you start to feel like you need an HR department. Things really start getting inefficient. Team meetings become more important.

I don't have a lot of experience growing people to 15 million, but I included it because my clients that have gotten a $40 million said that 15 million was a hurdle.

And I don't know what it is about 40 million, but that's when people want to sell. It's like this magic number that everybody has. If I can get 40 million, that means 20 million in the bank, and I'm set for life. (Keep in mind, many people can sell for $40 million before they ever hit 15 million in revenue period. I'm not listing out an exact science. I'm just trying to provide a glimpse behind the curtain for people that are new in business.)

Now imagine growing past that...

So dear reader, if you truly want to make it BIG, here is a question ask yourself...

Personally, I'm still answering this question. But There are two qualities that I think this person needs to develop...

Vision and Leadership.

Big dollars require big visions. Big visions require big leaders to bring them to life.

One of my favorite things that I heard from any forum related thing was at the 2020 summit. @Kak gave his talk, and he said something like this:

"If you want to amass generational wealth, learn how to solve bigger problems. Worldwide problems."

That's where vision comes in.

Why do people who are capable of making millions in a job follow the leaders they follow? Do you really think it's just the money?

No.

It because of who that leader is.
And because of the vision that leader communicates.

So give that some thought Fastlane Fam.

Who are you helping get rich? Is it really just you?

Thank you for this, a great question.

This morning I read something similar from my daily mentor session:

The size of your LIFE... will be determined by the size of the PROBLEMS you solve.

So in your words.. the size of your success, will be the amount of people you help to succes.

Didn’t Zig Ziglar say something like that? :)

Getting the right people on the bus. A key skill I’ve been grinding on. Everything is falling into place during execution.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What metrics am I not looking at that I should be looking at to know that I'm being noticed? What are you seeing that I'm not?
People love helping people in motion.

Also...

"People listen to experts, they follow leaders." (Dan Gallappo)

Keep chipping away and documenting in a progress thread and people will start noticing and following.

And as Bizy said, by asking great questions and supporting people you're becoming part of the community.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
As one of those beginners who has been working to wrap their head around a lot of business-related things, I truly appreciate you taking the time to share a different perspective with the goal of providing clarity. Thank you.

Everything you have said makes total sense - vision, leadership, needing a team, solving worldwide problems. But for me, I think I'm still trying to bridge some gaps earlier in the road. I might have leadership skills and the capacity for vision, but having no prior business experience or a clear picture of what is really needed in the world, who is going to take me seriously? If I haven't even helped myself make money outside of a 9-to-5, how am I going to help someone else make money? Having such a small, almost non-existent entrepreneurial network, how do I build a team or get invited to one?

So, wouldn't it make more sense for a beginner to start small? Start by helping people in ways that may not fulfill the CENTS commandments, get a better understanding of business and what the world needs and build a better network? But all the while keeping vision and leadership and teamwork and helping other people make money in mind as a goal for later down the road?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you more than I thought? Maybe I'm not a beginner, but the step before beginner? Ugh.
It’s this type of honesty that creates space for conversation.

I’ve always said that your next step is at the corner of “I’m SO pissed off about this!” and “”I’m going to find a way to help these people!”

Unless you’re a person who can build a business without emotional connection, you need to find a way to help that’s meaningful to you. People who can build purely for the joy of building amaze me. If that’s the case then the world is your oyster.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I love this. Carry on.
If you do a podcast for free with 400 shows you are helping people in scale, leaving a path for them to follow that’s much bigger than you.

Conversely, if you were to charge them for this (ala Robert Kyosaki) would you be helping THEM or helping YOU?

I propose there’s nothing wrong with making money, but I see a lot of people masquerading personal enrichment as philanthropy.

And, everyone that contributes in any way to this forum is helping people along their path. The posts in the forum are not only for the immediate but bread crumbs for the future.

If you ask a question on the forum that leads to a robust discussion, you’re creating a ripple effect that people you never meet can benefit from for years. It’s the reason most posters here prefer questions to be posted on the forum v. In private message. If it would benefit you, it could benefit 100 people that will read it later.

If you’re a newb here, post your questions for all to read and respond to. You’ll benefit from multiple perspectives and others will benefit from the discussion.

Also, “rich” is relative. Rich to someone living in Kenya might be having a pair of shoes. Rich to some here might be the ability to pay their bills. Rich to others might be $10m in the bank.

Rich to me is… more.

Finally, 1 Timothy 6:17-18 offers divine instructions for the wealthy among us. The passage reads:

“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.”

Last edited:

Bohemi

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 28, 2022
Roskilde, Denmark
If I haven't even helped myself make money outside of a 9-to-5, how am I going to help someone else make money?
This question has been one of my big hurdles to overcome too. I found that when I stop thinking about making money and more in the terms of creating something of value for others to use, it becomes so much easier to get started. I really don't need to know how to build and run an empire (yet) but I do need to know who I am set out to help and with what.

I believe that we all have something of value to share with the world.

There are so many people who give up before they get started, because of the question you just asked. "When I have no experience, who am I to tell anyone how to proceed?" Because you are willing to FIGURE OUT HOW to do it.

For me, that was the key to unluck this part of my own prison.

Creating value is possible for anyone with the ability to see the needs of others.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
:gold:, as usual. Thank you for sharing your insight.

"Who are you helping to get X?"
  • rich
  • fed
  • healthy
  • educated
  • happy
Providing value to other people.
The very core of entrepreneurship in a healthy society.

So, wouldn't it make more sense for a beginner to start small?
100%

Everything is a gradual process.
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

It's up to you to decide the end destination i.e. how much you want to scale up. And you will likely figure out the answer and adjust the trajectory as you go.

But the important thing is to start today. And do what you can, with what you have, wherever you happen to be.

It doesn't matter how small the steps are, as long as there is incremental progress and the trajectory is positive.

Bohemi

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 28, 2022
Roskilde, Denmark
This is really interesting as well.

Crack this code, and I think you've got a Fastlane enterprise. An app that guides you to an appropriate treatment.

One challenge I think you would have is figuring out what is the most efficacious solution. But I think if you can play matchmaker the right way in this, yeah this is an idea that could go places...

But I'm not sure why you would eliminate money from this equation. Do healers not deserve more money?

Or are you suggesting some kind of AI-based healing solution? Surely even that would have a cost that must be paid.
Thank you for confirming what I have been telling myself for years - that there must be a way to crack this code. Im working on it ;)

There is many challenges ahead on this project/vision, one of them is how to match what treatments go with what issue. In Denmark we have an official portal made by the health department where you can look up all kinds of stuff. I was thinking something like that but with the suggestions of different kinds of healers and/or treatments.

But before we come to this, there is some other challenges (this is what I am working on now):
- people don’t really know that it is possible to get help without turning to a medical doctor (sometimes medicine is the right way to go, but often there is so many other ways to go that has less side effects)
- the healers themselves struggle to survive because it is difficult to make a business out of people being in pain (by nature we want to help, but this is one of the main issues the healers have)

I would not eliminate the money from this - I am in the process of doing the exact opposite. Help healers to create their practices in a way that they make more money by helping more people. A part of their business is naturally in session with only one person. This is a challenge that makes most healers struggle with money-issue, because they are forced to be present during the sessions and therefor it has some limitations when it comes to scaling.

I am not sure what you mean by “ some kind of AI-based healing solution” so that I can’t answer ;)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
For those struggling to start… consider this:

- when is it better to start a business: booming economy or downturn?

- when are there more people who have more problems?

- when are problems more visible? When do people talk about their problems openly?

Good thread @BizyDad!

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands

The questions that's keeping me busy since you've posted it.

Who am I helping?
How am I helping?
What can I do more?
What do I have people saying?
What do I have people thinking?

Since my Fastlane journey started (with the book), I have gifted TMF 3 times to people who might be ready.
Normally I also recommend podcasts, join masterminds and help where possible.

I helped a friend with attracting talent to his drivers licence school in The Netherlands.
Furthermore I brought him in contact with a quality marketing company who are now doing his ads.
He's almost doubled in his monthly revenue without having to do the lessons himself anymore.
This project started with one question: "what is frustrating you the most at the moment business wise?"

This is my MVP skill to consistently develop. Stay in the process.

Work with people of 'high trust' (short video of Simon Sinek).

A CENTS business that makes SENSE. - just stay executing (talking to myself)

A 21th century emotional intelligent leader who's execution obsessed.

Vision and Leadership.

So much to talk about Vision and Leadership @BizyDad, keep em coming!

To me a important principle in leadership is:
"people work for money, but die for recognition."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!