The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do I start?!?!

KnightVision

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Sep 4, 2009
I'm trying to build an e-business website to diversify into other fields. I've had this idea, for about a year, which only seems to be getting better and better in my head. I've never ventured into the e-business/non-tangible side of the business spectrum other than to promote my current wholesale/import business, so this would be relatively new for me.

However, I think I'm in a psychological battle with myself to actually "dive in" to this venture.

I've built a "detailed information" page which entails the overall features typed-up description of the page-by-page features. However, I know in my head that this is not enough.

Here's what I have thus far:
1. General layout (textual)
2. Domain
3. Logo

I'm not sure where to start, or when to start. I've put up a listing on Guru.com (where I've had success before on smaller projects) and expectedly received several bids. I'm not sure who to screen for, what to look out for, etc. I get a lot of "bargain" bids which seem to offer a lot. How much should I expect to pay when outsourcing this site?? What is reasonable??

Because this is uncommon territory for me,I always assume I need more (which I likely do) or I'm not ready yet. I put it off because of the fear of starting or maybe the fear of failing.

Help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Forbes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 3, 2010
Congratulations on the beginning of your online biz! Outsource with someone with a good track record. You can usually see the reputation on their profiles. Don't try to skimp too much. If you pay for peanuts - you get peanuts.

Clearly write down all the details of what you want to accomplish with your website project. In my experience web designers and programmers do specifically only what you ask so you mush make all your directions clear.

Don't be afraid to fail. Champions are not afraid of failure. The greatest people in history are known for their success rather than failures.

KnightVision

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Sep 4, 2009
Is there anything in specific I should look out for?

How do I know when I'm ready to start??

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You don't, just start. Research the heck out of any problem you run into, if you can't find the answer come up with more creative searches for the research and then if you can't find the answer.... ask questions. Only way to win is to start.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

deepman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 2, 2010
Try some open source shopping carts and customize it yourself is one of the options.
check out the post that I have written on the coding advice thread.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.