The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I start a business in tech when I have never studied tech? how do I start a business in a field where I have no experience in?

Idea threads

ibzeri

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 2, 2023
I have a business idea to sell a product that solves a problem with technology and it would not be a software rather it would be a physical good. My problem is how do I start this business when the idea is in my head, it's not realized yet and I have not at all studied engineering or technology (for my product I would need engineers to build it). I realy like this idea and I know if we can make it and sell it well we could make a lot of money but how do I get the idea from my head to the real world? How do I actually create the product when I myself am not in engineering or tech and I do not know how to make the product myself?

Also what should I be learning at the moment? Currently I am learning finance, I am a university student and I am planing on also learning sales, marketing and copywriting as well to be an entrepreneur. I do not think it is feasible for me at the moment to learn how to be an engineer as that would require years of work and schooling for that when I can get someone else to do it for me but I just don't know how to get that part done. I would also love to have a mentor to help guide me in this venture but how would I go about finiding one?

Thank you so much in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I have a business idea to sell a product that solves a problem with technology and it would not be a software rather it would be a physical good. My problem is how do I start this business when the idea is in my head, it's not realized yet and I have not at all studied engineering or technology (for my product I would need engineers to build it). I realy like this idea and I know if we can make it and sell it well we could make a lot of money but how do I get the idea from my head to the real world? How do I actually create the product when I myself am not in engineering or tech and I do not know how to make the product myself?

Also what should I be learning at the moment? Currently I am learning finance, I am a university student and I am planing on also learning sales, marketing and copywriting as well to be an entrepreneur. I do not think it is feasible for me at the moment to learn how to be an engineer as that would require years of work and schooling for that when I can get someone else to do it for me but I just don't know how to get that part done. I would also love to have a mentor to help guide me in this venture but how would I go about finiding one?

There are threads on this forum about manufacturing products. Chat GPT is now a valuable resource for high-level overviews of how business models work. YouTube is probably a good source for getting general questions answered about what you are trying to accomplish.

Okay, so you've got this idea. You've got some free resources. Now use those to determine what steps are in between where you are and where you want to be. Some people find it helps to start with where they want to be and work backward from there.

Once you figure out the general steps involved, then figure out the first step and do it. If you don't know how to do it, ask yourself, "What resources are available to help me solve this?" then use those resources to figure out how to solve that problem and move to step 2. Then repeat.

"How do I solve this problem?" is the right question to start with, but if you really want to do this, you need to also come up with several possible answers on your own instead of stopping at the question.

J_007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2023
the Netherlands

What product do you want to make? I am a student in Mechatronics Engineering. It's a combination of electronics and mechanics. We learn about product development as well. You can ask me for some guidance.

Also, there is a post by Ian Thompson which may help you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.