The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's the rep money for?

Mage

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 19, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I found one thread by MJ but it talks about how to get rep money.

What is rep money good for? What can I do with it other than rejoice that it's increasing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Is there any real life value other than the reflection of the value I gave to this forum?

I’ll send you $20,000 rep for 1 BTC.

No. It’s simply a measure of value you give on the forum. Not different than upvotes or karma on Reddit.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Forgive my ignorance but what is BTC?

Bitcoin.
It was just a joke.

But seriously - as others have said it's just a number on a screen.

When you do something that others think is awesome - like help someone, post a great piece of advice, show the action you are taking in your business, etc... folks will likely reward you by transferring some of their "rep" to you as a way of saying "right on, keep that up". They can choose the amount based on how much they like your post. $50 -100 is pretty common.

You also get it from the forum itself when someone clicks "like" on your post (I think 5 rep points per like?) and a few other things like join date anniversaries and such.

All it does is show other folks how much you've contributed to the forum and how many folks have liked it / thanked you.

But exceptions exist. @Yoda, for example, gives away just about all rep they get the second they get it. So even though he's a highly respected user, his rep bank is near zero. But you wouldn't know this unless you stick around and get the "lay of the land".

Another, probably better way to see someone's "forum value" is looking at "likes received" vs their "messages" count. If someone is getting a few likes for every post, chances are they are posting something valuable pretty often.

I can't recall if the "legendary contributor" is tied to rep or post count or likes received but that's another "indicator of value" that you can look for.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Forgive my ignorance but what is BTC?
Google is a very friendly tool...

As a side note, rep may mean different things to different people on the forum.

For me, I look for people with higher rep to engage and network with on the forum. These people have proven that they are serious about business and helping others.

I also use rep as a filter when I read through threads. The amount of information in the depths of this forum is humongous and I tend to read a little more closely when someone with a voluptuous rep count comments or gives advice.

If your rep bank is zero and you post an @AndrewNC size post, then TLDR. However MR. AndrewNC has a nice rep bank, so I will give him the benefit that I will gain some value from his post...

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Google is a very friendly tool...

As a side note, rep may mean different things to different people on the forum.

For me, I look for people with higher rep to engage and network with on the forum. These people have proven that they are serious about business and helping others.

I also use rep as a filter when I read through threads. The amount of information in the depths of this forum is humongous and I tend to read a little more closely when someone with a voluptuous rep count comments or gives advice.

If your rep bank is zero and you post an @AndrewNC size post, then TLDR. However MR. AndrewNC has a nice rep bank, so I will give him the benefit that I will gain some value from his post...

Anyway, I hope this helps.

I disagree with everything you said. Check my rep bank. I’m not wrong.

@JAJT legendary user is 5,000 total likes received.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Also, piggybacking on @JAJT and @Greg Rutkowski

Rep levels should only be viewed as value given on the forum. There are a few of us, myself included, with high rep values who are NOT Fastlane success stories (yet). For example, I have a LOT of downtime at my day job, so I spent as much time here as most people spend on Facebook for my first year. I posted a lot, answered a lot, and did my best to contribute. People felt that I was valuable enough to like posts enough that I got legendary user.

What I mean to say is, take everything here with skepticism. Just because someone has high rep or legendary badge doesn’t nevessarily mean we are business experts.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

Rep levels should only be viewed as value given on the forum. There are a few of us, myself included, with high rep values who are NOT Fastlane success stories (yet). For example, I have a LOT of downtime at my day job, so I spent as much time here as most people spend on Facebook for my first year. I posted a lot, answered a lot, and did my best to contribute. People felt that I was valuable enough to like posts enough that I got legendary user.

What I mean to say is, take everything here with skepticism. Just because someone has high rep or legendary badge doesn’t nevessarily mean we are business experts.

well said brother.

I have learned from all facets of users on here. some with low reps as well. Not everyone is able to get on and active all the time. there are a few of us like @Scot said that treats this like facebook (i for one am only on two forums all the time via tapatalk. this one and biggerpockets).

VALUE VALUE VALUE Creation even digitally with words is what this is all about.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There are a few of us, myself included, with high rep values who are NOT Fastlane success stories (yet).

Excellent point.

I'm on my 3rd business at this point and still haven't "made it" yet, despite my rep and post count being quite high.

I'd like to think what I post has a lot of value to others but these numbers are absolutely not indicative of financial success and shouldn't be viewed as such.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
maxresdefault.jpg

In all seriousness - welcome to the forum and hope you stay a while to learn, contribute, and earn your own pile of fake forum money :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I view rep as an indicator to your value to the forum and the quality of your opinion, not as an reflection of your business success.

You don't need a $10M business to have a valued presence, or an opinion.

For all you guys with HIGH REP but without a success business, you're missing the point.

You've demonstrated a Fastlane mindset by giving first, taking later.

Anyone who has "Legendary Contributor" status is no fluke. It's something that cannot be faked and it doesn't matter if you are still struggling in a job.

The entire REP thing is a mimic for the real world. Provide value, you receive money.

If someone here is killing it in REP BANK, I know eventually they will kill it in the real world. Their true life results will catch up.

and earn your own pile of fake forum money

It's the forum's ALT COIN, Cryptocurrency, get on board!

But exceptions exist. @Yoda, for example, gives away just about all rep they get the second they get it. So even though he's a highly respected user, his rep bank is near zero. But you wouldn't know this unless you stick around and get the "lay of the land".

He's an outlier -- the forum's Shaolin monk, ha ha.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Besides sales numbers, overcoming BS gatekeepers, busting mediocrity, doing excellent due diligence and more micro-processes WILL get me throw reps and likes.

Before Fastlane mega success, the mini successes come and count.

Besides @Yoda, I swore I found @Kingmaker wandering around with close to empty on reps one time.

What he does with his rep, I shall never know... @Kingmaker is a man of mystery besides being an awesome post liker.:rofl:

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
I’ll send you $20,000 rep for 1 BTC.
I was going to suggest MJ to crypto-nize the Rep money and open a coin exchange to trade them for other currencies. Ticker symbol XTFF. You can "mine" points by posting valuable stuff on TFF. Or you can buy them with bitcoin. Then you can sit back and watch your portfolio (and the forum posting) explode!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was going to suggest MJ to crypto-nize the Rep money and open a coin exchange to trade them for other currencies. Ticker symbol XTFF. You can "mine" points by posting valuable stuff on TFF. Or you can buy them with bitcoin. Then you can sit back and watch your portfolio (and the forum posting) explode!
I thought Steemit did something similar. Not sure how it works.

Funny thing about rep: add enough value over time and your rep bank keeps increasing even when you stop posting for a bit.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
We might end up having the Cryptolane Forum instead of the Fastlane Forum then!

And MJ will have to write:
The Millionaire Cryptolane
UNCRYPTED

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads