The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What's an 'MJ approved' book on financial planning aka managing your money.

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
After some years I have some idea how to make money... how about keeping it?

I am a complete amateur in this field. The financial world is all a foreign language to me.

I am cautious learning from someone who is preaching slowlane principles on reddit etc. What's the fastlane bible in keeping and investing wealth?

p.s. When I fire up the browser in the morning, I have a terrible habit of going to reddit/youtube. What's your go to for business/finance news/updates/info?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Download cold turkey. Block these sites.

Already have cold turkey and other blockers (e.g. if I use reddit for more than 10 mins at a time the website turns black and white). Can't completely block these sites because sometimes I genuinely need to use them for information.

Matake007

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 23, 2020

I am a complete amateur in this field. The financial world is all a foreign language to me.

I am cautious learning from someone who is preaching slowlane principles on reddit etc. What's the fastlane bible in keeping and investing wealth?

p.s. When I fire up the browser in the morning, I have a terrible habit of going to reddit/youtube. What's your go to for business/finance news/updates/info?
As far as a money system, I recommend the book Profit First by Mike Michalowicz

jlcodet

New Contributor
Sep 14, 2021
Nice, France
As far as a money system, I recommend the book Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
What a joy Matake007, I found the book translated into French on Amazon. The American version has a rating of 4.8 with 4021 reviews on Amazon France. Wow!

Thank you so much for the nugget!

Take care,
Jean-Louis

woken

Bronze Contributor
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
What a joy Matake007, I found the book translated into French on Amazon. The American version has a rating of 4.8 with 4021 reviews on Amazon France. Wow!

Take care,
Jean-Louis
We also recommend doing 2 in 1 activities.

Buy the book in English. It will help you be more focused while reading it.

Kevin88660

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

I think they are well concluded in unscripted .

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Antarctica
He already explains it all in his book Unscripted .

Matake007

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 23, 2020

Take care,
Jean-Louis
Great! Glad there's a translated version. Hope it helps!

V/r,

Mike

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

The "MJ Approved" book is the one I've written... Unscripted : Life,Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship. That discussion is near the end of the book.

I think they are well concluded in unscripted .

He already explains it all in his book Unscripted .

Thank you guys.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Thanks guys, its been a few years since the read!

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Antarctica
Thanks guys, its been a few years since the read!
No worries. That's one of the best parts of the book! The money system chapter blew my mind at the time. The way it fits together with your business goals and builds a self-perpetuating system is really key.

Every business is ultimately financial and you need to understand some finance if you want to succeed, and without the "money system" end goal, your wealth will vanish like mist!

Raoul Duke

Turd Ferguson
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016

Ve7ym9R.gif

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
The new program website is live with a deal from now till the end of October...
MARKETPLACE Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
For those who are just seeing this, there are currently a total of 15 live courses and 1...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom