The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's on your Bucket List?

Hokoleskwa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
May 25, 2011
Denver
Things I will have:
-A house that's at least 5000 sq. feet on at least two acres, with a pool, huge kitchen for my wife (our 8x10 kitchen just isn't cutting it for her anymore, especially for the huge Christmas Cookie baking party she has every year), home theater, home gym, game room, bar, wine cellar (another wife request), cigar humidor, and a really big master bedroom with a balcony. The house also must have one of those circular driveways with the fountain in the middle so I never have to back out of the driveway again!
-Black Ferrari 458 Italia. I'm a Batman nut and this seems like the closest I can get to my own Batmobile!
-A condo in Key West. We visited once on a cruise for a few hours and fell in love with the atmosphere there. Plus we both hate Colorado winters once Christmastime has passed, so it'd be a nice place to stay until spring.
-A housekeeper and groundskeeper. Next to my job, keeping up with things around the house is currently my biggest time drain. I'd still do the stuff I enjoy like little remodeling and landscaping projects, but I can live without ever vacuuming, dusting, mowing, or shoveling snow ever again.

Things I will do:
-Pay off my parents' mortgage, car loans, etc.
-Pay off my sister's student loans
-Buy my mom a new car, buy my dad a 1963 Corvette Sting Ray (his favorite)
-Fly first class everywhere (no private planes, thanks. Those little planes are scary! Maybe if I can get my own 747...)
-Take a road trip to Las Vegas in my Ferrari, stay in a suite with a butler.
-Wear jeans/shorts and a t-shirt everywhere I possibly can-no more business casual!
-Take the most extravagant Disney World vacation possible. This is where we honeymooned, but since we were still in college we had to go as no-frills as possible, and still had an amazing time. I'd love to see how much more fun we could have with access to a nicer hotel, all the behind-the-scenes tours, fun restaurants, and all the other premium experience stuff you can do there.
-Take a vacation at least four times a year. (I initially wanted more but then remembered how much work it is preparing for a vacation!)
-Help a lot of homeless animals. My wife is a vet nurse and so we're animal lovers by default, and we've been able to do quite a bit for this cause already, but I can only imagine the impact I could make with greater resources.

Great topic and a great exercise!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Where to start? Sky dive, learn to play the piano, become fluent in spanish and french, bungie jump, see the pyramids, visit the grand canyon,niagra falls,eiffel tower,paris learn to swim :smug2: own a private jet

Bump for more viewing

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
As was said above, live to 120.

But besides that I don't have anything else. I have tried to think of things but just haven't come up with anything.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I don't want to live very long. I think it unbecoming of me and my nature. I just want to live my kind of life until it's over.

My bucket list, eh? I want to travel the world. When I was 16, I planned a world trip that would take 12 months. NYC, Toronto, Vancouver, San Diego, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Wellington (NZ), Sydney, Manila, Dubai, Johannesburg, Cordoba, Paris, Naples, Berlin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen/Malmö, Reykjavik, London, Istanbul, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Los Angeles then back to wherever the hell I'm living at the time. I just want to take a year off of life after I've gathered the funds needed (I want to enjoy the best but not most expensive restaurants, stay in nice hotels and have relatively comfortable flights without complicated layovers) and do this trip. It won't be college student backpacking, but luxury travel with a purpose: to see the sights and to take it all in, during my youth. This is one of the reasons I want to be financially free by 25 and why I chose the number that I did.

Besides that, I just want to live a comfortable life in a comfortable place with a comfortable woman (note: one life, one place, one woman) without having to work for money.

thecalmpickle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Dec 30, 2011
Varies
1. Deliver a random lady's baby
2. Send out one direct mail or space ad piece that nets $1 million
3. Buy a Lambo
4. Crash a Lambo
5. Die in Lambo
6. Rise back from the dead... and tell people what I saw. (Thousands of virgins.)
7. Zero Gravity Flight
8. Go to space with Richard Branson
9. Do a movie with one of my idols, Will Smith, and then have him kiss me... in which I reply to with a bitch slap
10. Continually show people what's really possible

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I like nice stuff as much as the next guy but geez why do so many people care about cars? It is a car, ask most of these people that own them, its cool but not going to complete your world.

Not yet, I truly feel I've *lived* here (vs vacationed) and immersed myself in "local culture" -- I shop at the stores, BBQ on the patio, go to the gym across the street, walk around and dine at the local places ... next year it will be a new destination, new location, and a new experience ... thinking Lake Tahoe, maybe Austin TX or Miami FL, or who knows, maybe a condo in downtown Chicago. All I know is I escaped the brutal Phoenix summer and loved every moment.

The benefit of "renting" is that next year it will be an entirely new experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life. You own your memories for a LIFETIME and perhaps, an eternity .. and best of all, they are rent-free.

Your reason to make money should not be to buy stuff... its cool and you should once you really can and it will not affect you at all, but living somewhere new every year for a month?...think about that, money gave MJ FREEDOM to LIVE his LIFE not wake up at 530 for someone else and live a redundant life, you can have the cars... i have no one to impress but my daily schedule.... that is the true meaning of being rich.

Ozz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
May 18, 2012
Everywhere
Here's a few..

• Skydive
  • Swim the devils pool in Victoria falls, Zimbabwe
  • Become a multi-millionaire
  • Participate in the Gumball 3000 Rally
  • Visit at least 7 European Countries
  • Climb Mt. Everest
  • Own a Lamborghini
  • Be in New York for the Ball Drop on New Years
  • Have a child
  • Get married
  • Learn at least two languages
  • Experience Zero Gravity
  • Bungee Jump
  • See a space shuttle launch
  • Visit 3 Asian Countries
  • Go zorbing in New Zealand
  • See the 7 wonders
  • Visit Amsterdam
  • Do a full lap around Iceland
  • See the northern lights
  • Go to burning man
  • Watch the Olympics Live
  • See Earth from Space
  • Go parasailing
  • Learn MMA
  • Ride in a hot air balloon
  • Go flying
  • Fire a weapon
  • Hike Mt. Fuji
  • Go on a cruise

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Sell everything and live like Colin Wright for two years in Central/Eastern Europe
Build a 14 kW bicycle
Be able to live without a car for at least a year.
Play a Fazioli F308
Become proficient in either the low whistle or Armenian duduk.
Perfect a wax-dipped rose that lasts for at least 3 months
Be able to have easy conversations in Arabic (Probably the most challenging thing on my list after the duduk, but I've been at it for two years).
Become proficient in electrical engineering.
Get married and have 12 weddings, each in the traditions of a different culture. (Lol. That probably won't happen, but I think it'd be cool.)
Buy back and completely restore the '52 GMC that my grandpa and I had been in the process of restoring before he died.

That's pretty much it. I don't ever want a fancy car or a huge house.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Also, one other thing. I'm a pretty big believer in the Outlier philosophy that while success is partially attributed to the abilities and ambition of an individual, a lot of one's success is due to the opportunities one was presented with throughout life and the circumstances and timing of one's ventures. Therefore, when I get to the point that I feel I have become "successful," I want to create a list of the 31 people who I believe were most important in my journey to success and send each person $100 anonymously with a simple note that says "Thank you for the impact you made in my life." It's not much, and I think that most of those people would already know how thankful I am for the differences they made in my life, but still, I can just picture their faces as they open their mail that day, and I think it will be worth it to know that I put a smile on their face, even for just 5 minutes.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I crossed e few things off my list the last couple of weeks!

- Married the Woman of my dreams
- Walked through a Rainforest
- Saw a waterfall for the first time
- Swam under a waterfall (What an amazing experience)
- Kissed under a waterfall
- Stood on top of a volcano (watched the sunrise - Really cool!)
- Drove an extremely dangerous and exciting road alongside mountains and very high cliffs. Some spots were unpaved and had no guardrails.
- Went in a cave (actually a few of them)

It's awesome to cross things off your list! Especially that many in so little time.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
the top thing on my list was to be the final force to dissolve a urinal cake and send it on its merry way. After years of trying and never quite having the right timing, I acheived that goal about 2 weeks ago. So now I am pretty much tapped out until my kids are marrying age. Walking my daughters down the aisle is next on my list. After that, teaching my grandkids how to play soccer.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
the top thing on my list was to be the final force to dissolve a urinal cake and send it on its merry way. After years of trying and never quite having the right timing, I acheived that goal about 2 weeks ago. So now I am pretty much tapped out until my kids are marrying age. Walking my daughters down the aisle is next on my list. After that, teaching my grandkids how to play soccer.

Those are all pretty epic goals. Congrats on getting the first one!

Mexidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 28, 2012
I have given that a lot of thought and its more about doing things than owning stuff.
Just from the top of my head:

Do:
- Motorcycle tours (coast to coast in the US, from Canada to the most south part of the Americas, Asia)
- Sail an ocean (from South America to Africa)
- Long term hiking (from north to south along the coast in the US, the silk route etc).
- Live in the US/Can for 1-3 years, live in Japan for a year, visit places like Las Vegas, New York, Rocky Mountains, Chinese wall etc)
- See my baby girl grow up into a happy and ´successful´ individual
- Create a successful business that has the potential to change peoples lives.
- Be able to regularly make music, meditate, do yoga, go boxing and go to the gym.

Dream stuff:
- Own a ´home´ at the beach somewhere near Barcelona. (my parents lived there and its close enough to my family)
- Financial freedom.

Silly materialistic stuff I´d like to have right now :)
- Macbook air
- Galaxy S3
- Honda CBR 600RR
- Touring/camping equipment

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Bucket List

Yeah I know this a very "eventish" thype thinking and ignores the ever touted "process", but I think dreams are my biggest motivator. Anyone else have a bucket list they care to share? Here's mine:

1. Sell or receive an offer to sell a company for over $5 Million USD

1. Earn a degree

1. Visit every continent

1. Get married

1. Witness your kid(s) graduate from college or start a successful business venture

1. Build something your grandkid will inherit (Company or fortune are acceptable.)

1. Be mentioned in a book or movie

1. Fly a plane

1. Drive a car over 200 mph

1. Live past 70 or do everything within your power to

1. Become CPR certified.

1. Spend 2 weeks at sea.

1. Go Scuba Diving

1. Go Sky Diving

1. Golf under par

1. Ride a Bull

1. Swim with sharks (Appearing on SharkTank may be considered acceptable)

1. Help someone completely change their life (They must admit you did this for them without ANY coercion/enticing)

Share yours and feel free to steal from mine. I compiled a couple of these from friends and family and I'd love to get another idea or two on here from you guys. I want the list to be finished at 25 with 50+ items when I'll hopefully be able to turn my attention away from money and use my freedom to start checking things off.(Sorry every list item say "1". I was going to fix it but it seemed like a waste of time haha.)

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Nice! Good luck on all of them. I might have to steal the learn to sail and add that to part of my two months at sea ambition. Seems like a pretty logical and necessary step to take to get that one accomplished.
-Hang out with the Houston Texans (Oh wait, doing that one tomorrow! )
Tell A.Foster to get me some more fantasy points, lol!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Nice! Good luck on all of them. I might have to steal the learn to sail and add that to part of my two months at sea ambition. Seems like a pretty logical and necessary step to take to get that one accomplished.
Tell A.Foster to get me some more fantasy points, lol!

He is one unstoppable RB. You did good in your fantasy draft getting him.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
My apologies. Ran a search and came up with nothing. Feel free to close thread :)

Kak: Took him first overall. Cj. Spiller is my top producer though. Which came out of nowhere.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
1. Make 1,2 million euro within 2 years (when I turn 20)
2. Get a job in diplomacy
3. Finish university for the lulz
4. Continue being happy, genuinely happy
5. Gift my parents a real honeymoon, to barbados
6. Make the cover of national news
7. Earn my income passively, start living a luxurious life with my wife & a board of chess
8. Move to Geneva
9. Buy my own bar/club
10. Build out the ad agency
11. Learn to cook in the french cuisine
12. Party with Steve Aoki
13. Start a travelling agency, organise cruises
14. Become an ambassador of Dom Perignon
15. Marry the girl of my dreams, 'til death do us part
16. Never, ever ever cheat on a girl again
17. Give my parents a nice holiday atleast bi-anually
18. Save a person from suicide
19. Help a homeless person become stable, and pay him a loan to help other homeless people
20. Set foot on each of the seven continents
21. Travel India by train
22. Buy a boat and learn to sail
23. Play a game of chess against Kasparov
24. Live as a local for atleast a year, preferably in Kosovo
25. Watch an orchestra in Vienna
26. Play a game of chess, naked, on the balcony of the Champs D'elysees, with a supermodel (I love chess )
27. Kiss an absolute stranger without any talking, again. (Me and a friend used to play this as a game, who could kiss a girl in the club they didn't know the first, without speaking a word to her)
28. Drive along Route 66, USA in a convertible
29. Sleep under the stars in the Sahara
30. See the northern lights
31. Completely read the Qur'aan
32. Write a book
33. Join the mile high club
34. Drink a coffee by the sunset in Milan
35. Buy myself a nice hunting rifle
36. Buy a 1972 mercedes 7 series and pimp it
37. Become a parent
38. Reach the statute of Diplomat
39. Know my fatherlands history in detail
40. Give more than I can afford to charity
41. Become heartbroken
42. Skip all my school reunions
43. Drink 'Kopi Luwak' coffee
44. Invite one of my former teachers to a vacation
45. Build my own closet (not the clothes, but the actual closet)
46. Maintain my social life
47. Buy a weekly subscription to the spa
48. Become financially independent
49. Lose EVERYTHING
50. Build it back up :cool:

Turboboost

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 11, 2012
Here's my list:

- build a company to secure my future and the future of my loved ones
- write a movie script, produce and direct a movie (B Horror or something like that :) )
- buy a Tuscany style house
- build my own stop motion studio and make silly animations :)
- take my wallet and travel to every country I always wanted to see (and there are many such countries)
- do something to help people who need help
- donate to animal shelters or build my own animal shelters

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Make 1,2 million euro within 2 years (when I turn 20)
And how are you planning to do that?

start living a luxurious life with my wife & a board of chess
Kinky!

Buy a 1972 mercedes 7 series and pimp it
How much does this cost?

Become heartbroken
Why?

Lose EVERYTHING
Why?

take my wallet and travel to every country I always wanted to see (and there are many such countries)
Like what countries?

do something to help people who need help
Like what?

Donate a million dollars to something special
I am special.

Be able to regularly make music, meditate, do yoga, go boxing and go to the gym
All of these sound like things you can do today. Why not just do them?

Become CPR certified.
This one sounds easy to reach. I know quite a few people that did it in no time and all, for pretty much no money. What's holding you?

Not have to golf on the weekends to avoid crowds
Do it tomorrow, after your Texans meeting today. That one sounds soooo easy to accomplish. After all, you are independent, no?

Spend an hour a day in the gym 5 days a week for a year
How many weeks so far? If none, are you starting today?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I started golfing on weekdays last week. Problem is amm of my friends have jobs. Owning a company allows me to pretty much schedule whatever I want.

I am really bad with the gym thing. I maybe hit 2-3 weeks and then stop going. :(

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I maybe hit 2-3 weeks and then stop going.
I know the feeling.

Problem is amm of my friends have jobs.
There's gotta be others in the same spot as you... just go find them and get to know new friends who are, probably, on the same path as you. Sounds like a great WIN for you.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Funny, the more I think about bucket lists or similar stuff, the more I think of things I want to DO instead of HAVE.

The benefit of "renting" is that next year it will be an entirely new experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life. You own your memories for a LIFETIME and perhaps, an eternity .. and best of all, they are rent-free.

I feel the same.

Another great thing about this approach is that you can in a snap change your life upside down and go experience something else, somewhere else.

Of course, I want to own many fine possessions, and a "home sweet home" to return to, but that aside, it's so joyful packing your bags and going to some new place. Living life to the fullest.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
Originally Posted by Entourage
Make 1,2 million euro within 2 years (when I turn 20)
And how are you planning to do that?

Pretty much halfway

Buy a 1972 mercedes 7 series and pimp it
How much does this cost?

9,000 euro at most

Become heartbroken
Why?

It means you've loved.

Lose EVERYTHING
Why?

To get your feet back on the ground

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Lately I've been thinking more about doing rather than having...

1. Dance this tango, just like the Arnold in True Lies. True Lies Tango Dance Scene 1 - JiggyStudio Dance Videos

2. Drive fast cars. Many of them.

3. Sky diving.

4. Scuba Diving.

5. Fly an airplane.

6. Run a full marathon.

7. Go to the Worldcup.

8. Attend a Formula 1 race in Monaco.

I can confirm I crossed # 3 off my list this summer. I also surfed. It was great.

#6 is not enticing anymore.... hmmmm interesting how we change, huh?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.