The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Join me on a bucket list Entrepreneur's African Safari

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Safari was amazing. The people were amazing!

One fun thing while I was away. My credit card information was stolen and someone in BC (Province beside mine) rang up $13,000 in credit card charges!! Way to go fraud detection department! I book flights out of the country and they accept all these transactions back in a province I am clearly not in. Ugh.

VinceT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Oct 20, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This trip was fantastic!
The best part of the trip was spending all our time together. We were in the tour vehicles for hours at a time and were together at the resorts the rest of the time. It was great getting to know everyone.

Great summary! It was the best trip I have ever been on..

As you can see, @SteveO asked lots of questions, eventually started to get one word answers haha.
SteveO: Hey Sayed, what are those buildings over there? Sayed: Buildings.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Great summary! It was the best trip I have ever been on..

As you can see, @SteveO asked lots of questions, eventually started to get one word answers haha.
SteveO: Hey Sayed, what are those buildings over there? Sayed: Buildings.
The best one was when we were at the outpost. There were bowls sitting on the ground by the front door. I asked of the dishes were for pets. His answer was something along the lines of "you stupid F*cking Americans... Those are the soldiers bowls". :)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Ahh Steve, I am laughing so hard right now remembering all that.

Steve: Why are there so many people walking around, don't they have anything to do?
Sayed: They are all going somewhere, haven't you ever walked anywhere before? Lazy Americans...

Okay maybe I exaggerated a bit, but it was not far off the truth. Haha Steve, way to go.

Seriously though. Trips like these are amazing. They build some really solid relationships, and everyone who was there definitely helped me grow in some way. Even if people have a completely different line of work and different set of experiences, there is always so much to learn that can apply to your own areas of life.

You get really close to people when you spend an entire week with them inside a small vehicle, and then at the accommodations. It is a really cool experience that you really would not get anywhere else.

Having everyone leave at Kilimanjaro Airport really sucked. All 10 of you guys left on the same plane, it was an abrupt way to suddenly end the adventure. Waiting in the airport for another 6 hours was not what sucked, having all my new friends have to go is what was hard.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Trips like these are amazing. I actually went to South Africa for my honeymoon. I did a week in Kruger National Park at sabi sands, a week in Capetown, and a week in Mauritius. It was EPIC!

Best of times was heading to gansbaii and doing a great white cage dive. Talk about cold water!!!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Ahh Steve, I am laughing so hard right now remembering all that.

Steve: Why are there so many people walking around, don't they have anything to do?
Sayed: They are all going somewhere, haven't you ever walked anywhere before? Lazy Americans...
We were out in the middle of nowhere and there were people walking everywhere! It was a valid question. Out in the middle of nowhere and people were walking and talking on cell phones. (Which was another question met with scorn). Sayeed was a great guide and I took all his answers as a person with pride in his country's heritage. I enjoyed being in the van despite his abuse. :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
For those contemplating going next time... I'm not one for spending money irresponsibly if you don't have it. But if you are on the fence and have the funds to do any trip like this in the future.

Think about this, I have never heard anyone say ever, "I wish I had never spent that $5,000 on that African safari 5 years ago." But I know alot of people who regret getting that 70" flat screen or that nicer car.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Here you go. Finally got the pictures off of my camera, check your inboxes soon!

10d7bf8.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.