The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Kind Of Product I Can Create?

profitgrowth

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
May 15, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Any. Anything is better than nothing.
A lot of time people are stuck in analysis paralysis stage, where they think they don't know anything special nor have any special skills required. This problem keep them at the starting point, and they are not able to move forward.

Here is the trick. Everyone knows something that thousands other will pay for.
If you are recovered alcoholic or drug addict, you can teach other people how to do it.
If you went through divorce and bankruptcy, you can teach people how to recover from that, what to do to minimize the impact, etc.
If you like fishing, plenty of people would like to know what you know.
Like playing games, hunting, fixing bikes, a lot of people would like to know what you know.

If you don't have any of those experiences (the worst the better) or hobbies, pick up three books on the topic and read them. You will know about this topic more than 99% of people. Then create a product. Audio series, video series, ebook, etc. Anything.

If you have high ticket item that you would like to sell, here is the cool idea. Think about why would your market need your high ticket item. What is their benefit? Remember, no one is buying a drill because they want a drill. They buy a drill because they want to make a hole. But they don't want a hole to have a hole. They want a hole so they can put a picture. They want a picture not because of picture but to have room looks better. They want room to looks better not because of the room, but because they feel better. You got it?
Then create a product that will be your lead magnet, establish you as an expert and lead them to your high ticket item. That product can be first module of your final product or something complementary.

For example, if you are selling WordPress plugin, you can create a video showing them how to create a WordPress because they have to do that first before they can install plugin.

Or if you are selling web site design, you can create a video showing them how to buy hosting and domain name, since they have to do that first before hire you to design their web sites.

Got it? You lead magnet should lead them to your final product.

Just do it. Don't expect perfection, your first product will likely suck but who cares. You are developing idea muscle, you will be amazed how proud you will be when you create your first product.

YouTube is free, iTunes podcast is free, Audicity for creating audios is free. Facebook Fan Page is free. So you really don't have any excuse.

You will have to get domain ($10/year), web site hosting($5/month) and create landing page (price varies, but you can find landing page creator for $50), autoresponder (MailCheat(Chimp) is free). You have laptop with webcam, you have smart phone with camera.

For less than $100 you can have your product done and your business started. Beats the hell out of 300K for offline brick and mortar business :)

If you can come up with any excuse now why not do it, let me know and I will shatter it so you will have no other choice that to step into your creativity and greatness. Time to live averageville guys

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Well said, the key is to Sell.
Just sell something. Anything.
Then sell alot.
Then systemize to sell when your not there.
Then sell the damn system.

Recipe for a big Money Cake.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought this was worth moving out of the Inside, and a bump.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Thought this was worth moving out of the Inside, and a bump.
Still a relevant post so many years later. At first I read it and then looked at the date. Great reminder to all that business startup does NOT need loads of capital , investors, tons of physical inventory or alibaba resells. Many ways still today to build/scale an audience for a low cost, and then eventually selling your products to them.

It seems that MANY also took or acted on this advice as the course / ebook / let me teach you to do X field has really become more saturated the last decade.

Having said all that, I still have plenty of ideas on knowledge products that can be created to fill specific niches in various industries. I'm working on merging in that direction after nearly 15 years of selling / fulfilling physical products. Hoping this is my attempt to do 'more with less'.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
It's always interesting to see the old threads bumped. Makes me wonder what everyone who liked/ replied is up to these days.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's always interesting to see the old threads bumped. Makes me wonder what everyone who liked/ replied is up to these days.
I've just realised it was posted less than a month before I joined.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Silverhawk851 said:
Just sell something. Anything.
Then sell a lot.
Then systemize to sell when your not there.
Then sell the damn system.
This is literally my business model. I am currently between steps 2 and 3. Once I get it franchisable, I'll refine the systems for awhile, then sell the whole thing to Some Giant Corporation. I've given myself a generous 12 years to the sell-by date, which coincides with a traditional retirement age. It'll be fun!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
This is literally my business model. I am currently between steps 2 and 3. Once I get it franchisable, I'll refine the systems for awhile, then sell the whole thing to Some Giant Corporation. I've given myself a generous 12 years to the sell-by date, which coincides with a traditional retirement age. It'll be fun!
If your business becomes franchiseable it will be unlikely that you can sell it to a Giant Corporation until you have sold some franchises and they are functioning profitably, both for the franchisees and for you. That will serve as proof of saleability.

Walter

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
If your business becomes franchiseable it will be unlikely that you can sell it to a Giant Corporation until you have sold some franchises and they are functioning profitably, both for the franchisees and for you. That will serve as proof of saleability.

Walter
exactly my plan!

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Any. Anything is better than nothing.
A lot of time people are stuck in analysis paralysis stage, where they think they don't know anything special nor have any special skills required. This problem keep them at the starting point, and they are not able to move forward.

Here is the trick. Everyone knows something that thousands other will pay for.
If you are recovered alcoholic or drug addict, you can teach other people how to do it.
If you went through divorce and bankruptcy, you can teach people how to recover from that, what to do to minimize the impact, etc.
If you like fishing, plenty of people would like to know what you know.
Like playing games, hunting, fixing bikes, a lot of people would like to know what you know.

If you don't have any of those experiences (the worst the better) or hobbies, pick up three books on the topic and read them. You will know about this topic more than 99% of people. Then create a product. Audio series, video series, ebook, etc. Anything.

If you have high ticket item that you would like to sell, here is the cool idea. Think about why would your market need your high ticket item. What is their benefit? Remember, no one is buying a drill because they want a drill. They buy a drill because they want to make a hole. But they don't want a hole to have a hole. They want a hole so they can put a picture. They want a picture not because of picture but to have room looks better. They want room to looks better not because of the room, but because they feel better. You got it?
Then create a product that will be your lead magnet, establish you as an expert and lead them to your high ticket item. That product can be first module of your final product or something complementary.

For example, if you are selling WordPress plugin, you can create a video showing them how to create a WordPress because they have to do that first before they can install plugin.

Or if you are selling web site design, you can create a video showing them how to buy hosting and domain name, since they have to do that first before hire you to design their web sites.

Got it? You lead magnet should lead them to your final product.

Just do it. Don't expect perfection, your first product will likely suck but who cares. You are developing idea muscle, you will be amazed how proud you will be when you create your first product.

YouTube is free, iTunes podcast is free, Audicity for creating audios is free. Facebook Fan Page is free. So you really don't have any excuse.

You will have to get domain ($10/year), web site hosting($5/month) and create landing page (price varies, but you can find landing page creator for $50), autoresponder (MailCheat(Chimp) is free). You have laptop with webcam, you have smart phone with camera.

For less than $100 you can have your product done and your business started. Beats the hell out of 300K for offline brick and mortar business :)

If you can come up with any excuse now why not do it, let me know and I will shatter it so you will have no other choice that to step into your creativity and greatness. Time to live averageville guys
Very good!

And i would also suggest creating content while working on your product. It's better to sell a product to an already established audience tghat trusts You, rather than always finding new leads, investing a ton of moeny in advertising.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I have started selling books without a logo, without an LLC, without managers and what have you. Already sold over half.

Meanwhile someone asked me to be a secretary of his LLC. He has a board of directors without any business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.