The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the Trend right now?

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
I´m asking myself what business model everybody follows right now. At some point in time SEO was hot, then there was Podcast,and the latest trend i know of was Social Media Marketing. What is hot right now or is there no new trend at the moment?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Gurus, hands down. Frikking everywhere. All types.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I am in Singapore.

Right here one big trend is about the China story. How to catch on the growing demand from there. Consumer product, social media, wealth management......

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I am in Singapore.

Right here one big trend is about the China story. How to catch on the growing demand from there. Consumer product, social media, wealth management......
Yup, on the other end of the Causeway, the gurus with their ads have suddenly popped up more often.

I haven’t used much Facebook, but I saw 2-3 paid ads from the gurus...pretty weird.

One of them is Heroist, done by some chap named Zern Tan. I looked at his website.

Very scrappy web copy, weak objection killers and course syllabus description, fake sounding video testimonials, plus a potentially fake backstory.

You might think at least online gurus would be great at doing copywriting and basic marketing, but who knows...

Based on my past experience doing email copywriting for Singaporean gurus (e-commerce training), you guys seem to do stuff properly there though.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I´m asking myself what business model everybody follows right now. At some point in time SEO was hot, then there was Podcast,and the latest trend i know of was Social Media Marketing. What is hot right now or is there no new trend at the moment?

Curious as to why the question?

Muriel Strode wrote:

I will not follow where the path may lead, but I will go where there is no path, and I will leave a trail.

Don't look to follow the crowd thinking they have the solution and a well trodden path will be easier to follow. If everyone is headed in the same direction when you get to that destination all you will find is overcrowded mediocrity. Look to carve out your own path. Find something that resonates with a select niche. Find an issue you are capable of solving and to hell with business models. Use whatever resources are needed to solve the problem and put that solution in front of the people it matters to the most.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Digital marketing agencies

Lots of opportunity selling shovels here , this morning I found a company that does a subscription model and the service is just getting google to index the backlinks that other white label seo people are building for folks. How niche is that?

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Curious as to why the question?

Muriel Strode wrote:

I will not follow where the path may lead, but I will go where there is no path, and I will leave a trail.

Don't look to follow the crowd thinking they have the solution and a well trodden path will be easier to follow. If everyone is headed in the same direction when you get to that destination all you will find is overcrowded mediocrity. Look to carve out your own path. Find something that resonates with a select niche. Find an issue you are capable of solving and to hell with business models. Use whatever resources are needed to solve the problem and put that solution in front of the people it matters to the most.

Exactly what I was thinking. I've never been a follower.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As folks have said...

Don't follow the herd - there's too much BS and arseholes that way. : )

fastlanedan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 2, 2016
UK here.

We have the Tai Lopez crowd here too. (i.e people who've done the SMM course and target dentists/chiro's/gyms etc trying to sell FB ads),

We have our own "guru's" over here, Mostly in property investing teaching the same overused/deceptively simple strategies to people who can't afford to pay attention, let alone the cost of the course.

In the physical world, Trampoline parks and barber shops. 5 years ago it was tanning salons/nail bars. 10 years ago it was pick&mix (google it) and sandwich shops.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Well there's plenty of many to be made in selling shovels to goldrushers...

Ala, sell something for digital marketers. Sell something for CBD sellers. Sell something for dropshippers.

etc, etc,

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
Kratom is trending big time right now. Ive been a user for the past 2 years and recently everytime I go to a smoke shop someone is buying it along with me or its completely run out. Its not a one time product so youll have customers coming in again and again, plus its slightly addictive. Once the habit is going its reinforced with its slightly addictive properties. Google "quitting kratom" and youll see how hard it is for people to get off it. Its can be made to be a productocracy real easy. One can start an online store and sell it that way. There is quite some competition as people are starting to see it take off ever more. The main product pain point would be quality. If you can acquire a distributor that sells quality kratom and not that boo boo stuff then you'll be ahead of the curve. This is all coming from a daily user that has spent prob 2 THOUSAND bucks over the years on it and has an inside scoop on it.

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
wtf is Kratom....

EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION

Stimulant; Depressant; Intoxicant

DESCRIPTION

Mitragyna speciosa is a leafy tree that grows from 3-20 meters tall. Its leaves contain 7-Hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine. The leaves are chewed as an opiate substitute and stimulant in Thailand and South-East Asia, primarily among the working class. It has a relatively long history of human use.

hmm

MoneyHacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 5, 2018
Somewhere in Asia
Following!
I usually look for trends at:
Google trends
Twitter

Btw in my country right now, ridiculously the trend is social media, companies and government want to replace Facebook with local social media sites lol. But fortunenately nothing seems to work at least until now.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Kratom is trending big time right now. Ive been a user for the past 2 years and recently everytime I go to a smoke shop someone is buying it along with me or its completely run out. Its not a one time product so youll have customers coming in again and again, plus its slightly addictive. Once the habit is going its reinforced with its slightly addictive properties. Google "quitting kratom" and youll see how hard it is for people to get off it. Its can be made to be a productocracy real easy. One can start an online store and sell it that way. There is quite some competition as people are starting to see it take off ever more. The main product pain point would be quality. If you can acquire a distributor that sells quality kratom and not that boo boo stuff then you'll be ahead of the curve. This is all coming from a daily user that has spent prob 2 THOUSAND bucks over the years on it and has an inside scoop on it.

I agree. Been questioning the workers at various smoke shops - invariably, they point to Kratom and CBD infused products as their top grossing products. There are people that attend these shops and buy pounds of the Kratom stuff. Tried it, and it has a strong effect. Surprising that such a state-altering product is largely unregulated at this point.

I see CONTROL as the barrier here - who knows how regulation will impact the sales and distribution of this stuff long term.

Dianne Cohen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 7, 2018
I know someone who used Kratom on a regular bases. When he went off of it, he became unreasonable suicidal. He got Baker acted. Please be careful. It took a couple of weeks to get out of his system. It was not fun!

Brian Fleig

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Feb 19, 2018
New York
I would think a site devoted to insulting Trump and all his delusional followers would be big. You can feature a random number generator that spits out a daily, "Today I am offended by" because that would be very inspirational. You could have a weekly "free stuff" poll: Should ____ be free? Is ____ Racist?

Anyway, that's what I see trending

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
I mean a lot is hot, though it may not be the biggest trend. (Maybe selling hotdogs in your area is a goldmine? I can't say for sure.)

Also the hottest trend is hard to accurately know as even the raw data online can be from bots. But, I digress.

I know that a lot of government and big corporations are paying ridiculous amounts on AI, machine learning, deep learning, etc.

Now, one could sincerely attempt to innovate and make some big strides here (which is awesome.) Or one can do the "cool" thing, by hyping buzzwords like "AI" when it technically isn't anymore innovative than the "AI" that has existed in video games since the 80's. (Arguably. There is still value depending on the application.)

The problem with hot (saturated) trends like SMMA, is that the marketeers want to "sell the shovels." But, they are selling you a picture of a shovel. The information you need to know to get started is all readily available for free online.

Anyways, I gotta stop action faking here and go get my website finished.

Best of luck finding your answers. I'd say Social Media is still hot and likely going to be hot for a while. Although the platforms might change. :)

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Lately I've been trying to think more long term. What are the long term trends and what will things looks like in 10, 20, 50 years from now?

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I would think a site devoted to insulting Trump and all his delusional followers would be big. You can feature a random number generator that spits out a daily, "Today I am offended by" because that would be very inspirational. You could have a weekly "free stuff" poll: Should ____ be free? Is ____ Racist?

Anyway, that's what I see trending

Can take this one step further and target SJWs and Progs in general. Infinite amounts of angerbait exists for them!

Not exactly what I would call, 'good karma' however.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Front page of MSN is DAB. Everyone needs to go for it by the weekend!

I just read a few words so not real sure what it is.... but it seems to be a top trending thing at this hour.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.