The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is everybody working on right now?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Hunday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2023
What are you guys working on right now? Yes, lurkers you too.

Is there any big/small startups you've been working on recently? If there is, what problems have you run into?

And if you don't have a business yet like me, what are you doing to start one? What does your personal routine look like?

I've been learning code and building a website for theology books recently. Although I have a pretty busy schedule with school and Drivers training.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
Ni

Is there any big/small startups you've been working on recently? If there is, what problems have you run into?

And if you don't have a business yet like me, what are you doing to start one? What does your personal routine look like?

I've been learning code and building a website for theology books recently. Although I have a pretty busy schedule with school and Drivers training.
Nice! My wife and I are in idea generation mode until nov 2 then we will run our cents and other analysis on the ideas and select one on nov 11. We are learning to code too, using TOP. Have you had your first customer? How are you monetizing your site?

Hunday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2023
Ni

Nice! My wife and I are in idea generation mode until nov 2 then we will run our cents and other analysis on the ideas and select one on nov 11. We are learning to code too, using TOP. Have you had your first customer? How are you monetizing your site?
I haven't monetized anything yet or had any customers because it's still in progress, but I have been leveraging chatgpt prompts to make it fall under a cents business. You've got a good advantage having a partner help you too

What is TOP btw?

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
I haven't monetized anything yet or had any customers because it's still in progress, but I have been leveraging chatgpt prompts to make it fall under a cents business. You've got a good advantage having a partner help you too

What is TOP btw?
Sweet, I wish you the best of luck with that. TOP is The Odin Project. They teach you full stack web development. Its pretty sweet. What do you use to learn how to code?

Hunday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2023
Sweet, I wish you the best of luck with that. TOP is The Odin Project. They teach you full stack web development. Its pretty sweet. What do you use to learn how to code?
I use W3schools for learning Html & Css, alongside Python and Javascript.

ScreamingClown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 10, 2023

Been teaching myself to code GML and develop games. Throwing together a basic platformer to teach myself the ropes of the program and it's going well. You tend to run into tons of little problems that require rereading the manual and checking references, and then adjusting your way around them. Screenshot 2023-10-15 141252.png
The feedback loop you get when you have a breakthrough and progress is super addictive because you get immediate feedback.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
Been teaching myself to code GML and develop games. Throwing together a basic platformer to teach myself the ropes of the program and it's going well. You tend to run into tons of little problems that require rereading the manual and checking references, and then adjusting your way around them. View attachment 51896
The feedback loop you get when you have a breakthrough and progress is super addictive because you get immediate feedback.
Programming is so much fun. Its problem solving in its purist form.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Programming is so much fun. Its problem solving in its purist form.

Agreed, part of me misses the rush of solving problems and creating visual outcomes.

Hunday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2023
Been teaching myself to code GML and develop games. Throwing together a basic platformer to teach myself the ropes of the program and it's going well. You tend to run into tons of little problems that require rereading the manual and checking references, and then adjusting your way around them. View attachment 51896
I know exactly what that feels like, when I was learning unity, I spent hours googling before Ai was a big thing. What kind of game are you going for?

ScreamingClown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 10, 2023
I know exactly what that feels like, when I was learning unity, I spent hours googling before Ai was a big thing. What kind of game are you going for?
Just going to throw together a basic platformer where you can move around and shoot enemies. Great way to learn the program, along with the basics of 2d animation while I search for an idea to base a serious commercial product on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.