The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Excedrin is addictive, be careful. It's like the parachute when you jump out of a plane, you don't need it once you hit the ground. (or some other analogy that makes more sense lol)

Stop Excedrin after a week for sure. Seriously. (purely my opinion, consult a doctor for real advice!)
Ok, so I’ll do a week of 2 pills then a week at one pill then cut it out completely. Perhaps find a suitable decaffeinated tea as a morning replacement as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Mar 11, 2015
Udemy course in Data Science. Applied learning and no need to go to FAFSA or apply to schools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm..very interested in this...did you get a job or start a business after going through the course?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
G

Guest06196

I was pretty excited about this but I looked it up and it turns out it isn't free from aluminium. Quite the contrary actually, they are free from aluminum chlorohydrate but use potassium alum which is the potassium double sulfate of aluminum. The claim is that those crystals are too big to enter the pores on the skin. I can't say whether that is true or not but minor cuts on the skin for example from shaving would definitely make it possible.

@Ascension
Thanks so much for the info. I was going to do more research and consider selling it!

As a side note, so many people don't realize the harmful effects of body wash/shampoo/shaving cream. They are things used daily, so it's easy to add up years/decades of contact. Some researchers even established the connection between the chemicals & impotence. So I now use goat milk soap instead of body/hand wash. Shaving oil instead of shaving cream. (Btw shaving oil is much more convenient for travelers.)

Poured the coke out. Refill daily with water and a shot or 2 of lemon juice.

@MidwestLandlord
I used to do that too and it's super convenient. Light & disposable. Until I found out plastic chemicals can find their way into the water. Lemon probably even facilitates the process. Now I keep my use of plastic containers to the minimum, although sturdy ones usually are of higher quality. There are numbers at the bottom to indicate the quality of the material. I just avoid using them to give me peace of mind.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Colored-toilet-paper-is-made-with-artificial-dyes-which-can-irritate-your-private-areas.jpg

If you dare to say, "it doesn't provide much value" - wait until you find out you haven't got one after blowing some mud out.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Colored-toilet-paper-is-made-with-artificial-dyes-which-can-irritate-your-private-areas.jpg

If you think it doesn't provide much value - wait until you find out you haven't got one after blowing some mud out.

TIL : Blowing some mud out

LOL!!!!!

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
My Logitech K750 Solar Powered Keyboard. I found it at a thrift store for dollars, but it costs anywhere around $32.99 - $59.99. I love the keystrokes, weight, solar power use and I don't think I'll use any other keyboard for my personal PC's/Laptops ever again.

Logitech K750 Keyboard.jpeg

G

GuestUser450

Cheeseball Alert: my wife's engagement ring. A ridiculous purchase on paper; immediate depreciation, came bundled with huge responsibilities and obligations, could easily be lost, stolen or possibly thrown at me at some point, etc. But the ROI from what it symbolized has been infinite.

Also, this sweet fan from Home Depot. Arizona is hot. maxxair-box-floor-fans-hvff-18-inosc-64_1000.jpg

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

If you dare to say, "it doesn't provide much value" - wait until you find out you haven't got one after blowing some mud out.
Blowing mud out??? What have you been eating... dietary fibres and seeds???:rofl::rofl:

You remind me of my principal, who used to term it,'making cake'.

I didn't know shit could get that bad:shit:
You know healthy stools aren't supposed to be in lumpy mud form, right?

Shit aside, I used this for cleaning purposes in college:
41CAkzhUCPL._SY355_.jpg

Not that I have a baby to wipe, but it's a great hack for wiping tables, dirt and dust off floors and spring cleaning in ten minutes.

Surprisingly good time saver.

Great alternative to lugging around heavy vacuum cleaners or squeezing out washcloths with weariness.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Fascinating thread. Some things on my list to buy.

My wife got me a Kindle last Christmas. I'm sorry to say it gathers dust on a shelf. I like books and scribbling in them with my pencil.

My contribution to the thread of something that provides incredible value is:

My smartphone.

I can talk, text, and Skype/FaceTime people.

I can take photos and even videos at anytime. ("The best camera is the one you have with you.")

I can access the Internet and read and respond to posts on forums and Facebook groups.

I can listen to podcasts.

I can send emails.

I can communicate with my team on Basecamp.

I can manage personal todo lists using a simple app.

I can copy/paste content I write in one place and post to many other places... quite quickly too.

I can transfer money between bank accounts, while queuing to pay for the groceries.

I can drop the kids to school and work on my phone in the car until traffic dies down.

I can sit in a cafe or service station and check in and manage my business.

I spend more time now running my business via my phone than my PC. All I need the PC for is to mess with spreadsheets and AdWords campaigns... and one day that will get delegated too.

Because of my smartphone, I don't need to own or lug around a laptop.

Because my smartphone is always on me, I can find time throughout the day to do bits of work - while I'm waiting for other things to happen. (This is a rabbit-hole to be careful of, but it's been a godsend to be able to work on coaches, in airports, and in waiting rooms.)

It's incredible really, that I'm not chained to a desk to get internet access and write hundreds of words a day (this post was written on my phone while I sit with a cup of tea in the kitchen and the kids watch cartoons in the playroom).

My whole working life has changed beyond recognition, and no small part to this mobile office in my pocket.

Not to mention how one resides in everyone else's pocket and they use them to do research, communicate, be entertained, and buy stuff... which is all great news for what I do for a living.

EDIT: Other stuff my phone is great for that I forgot to mention:

GPS? Google maps and a phone holder in my car and I don't need any fancy sat nav.

I've even watched movies on Netflix on my phone. I dreamt of stuff like this when I was a kid...

Last edited:

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
My German Shepherd. Hate to think of him as something I paid for, but that's exactly what I did. And now he's part of the family.

When I've had a rough day he's always pumped to see me.

When I need to think, he's always down for a walk. (Instead of sleeping, he's here at my feet at 5:24AM)

And most importantly, when I travel he's with my family always watching and listening.

LRG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
363%
Apr 14, 2016
My huge mouse pad/desk mat. For $40 it is a fantastic value not only for the mousepad but the fact that my mouse will never come off of it as the pad has the exact same size as my desk. It is also very comfortable for your wrist and hands when typing.

mouse-mat-glorious-3xl-extended-gaming-mouse-mat-48x24-7.jpg

Glorious 3XL Extended Gaming Mouse Mat / Pad

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Once again, I gotta say it. Plastic water bottles (especially when re-used) - contains ESTROGEN
Friend you have the estrogens in your mind.
You see estrogens everywhere.
You writed your opinion in my post in this thread with big mistake and you continuos speak about an argoument without knowledge of the facts.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Careful, flax has a LOT of estrogen.

In flax seed there are not estrogen (animal origin) but only Phytoestrogens (natural plant source) as a paltry percentage.
I use a spoon for breakfast and the advantages are stratospheric compared with the disadvantages.

Friend be careful what you say and in any case I am waiting your kind answer.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Blowing mud out??? What have you been eating... dietary fibres and seeds???:rofl::rofl:

You remind me of my principal, who used to term it,'making cake'.

I didn't know shit could get that bad:shit:
You know healthy stools aren't supposed to be in lumpy mud form, right?

Shit aside, I used this for cleaning purposes in college:
41CAkzhUCPL._SY355_.jpg

Not that I have a baby to wipe, but it's a great hack for wiping tables, dirt and dust off floors and spring cleaning in ten minutes.

Surprisingly good time saver.

Great alternative to lugging around heavy vacuum cleaners or squeezing out washcloths with weariness.

Speaking of mud. Best $25 you will ever spend. I guarantee it!

5AEE75D2-6ECB-490A-AF64-FD9F97EE3F69.jpeg

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

SpartanWarrior77

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 3, 2016
Friend you have the estrogens in your mind.
You see estrogens everywhere.
You writed your opinion in my post in this thread with big mistake and you continuos speak about an argoument without knowledge of the facts.

"Flaxseed is the richest dietary source of lignans, a type of phytoestrogen. A phytoestrogen is a plant nutrient that is somewhat similar to the female hormoneestrogen. "

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Old fashioned Merkur safety razor made in Solingen, Germany. Bought it 10 years ago and still looks like the day I took it out of the box and gives a good shave with simple razor blades that are wayyyy cheaper than expensive cartridges from the store. The original "dollar shave club" lol

Do you recommend a particular model?

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
"Flaxseed is the richest dietary source of lignans, a type of phytoestrogen. A phytoestrogen is a plant nutrient that is somewhat similar to the female hormoneestrogen. "
It is similar to female hormone estrogen only in your mind!!!

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
All the books I have bought. A foam roller (I have the exact same one MJ posted), a food scale (I am able to be accurate with the food I eat and has resulted in weight loss and improved health), a few home workout DVDs ( I can use them over and over and pay no gym memberships), and that is all I can think of right now.

SpartanWarrior77

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 3, 2016
It is similar to female hormone estrogen only in your mind!!!

Lol, whatever. If you want to fill your body with chemicals that are very similar to estrogen be my guest but when I see you walking down the street with man-boobs, dont be mad if I chuckle.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.