The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What goes against the crowd at the moment?

rolfty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 2, 2023
I'm basing this question of two things, which are in themselves separate questions:

1. What goes against the crowd in the modern day world where people are pretty much enslaved without knowing to an system they hate but are dependent on?
-As of now I'm kind of thinking the answer to this question would be online entrepreneur work or stuff that is highly favored by the system, but I really want to see what you guys have to say about this since I don't really have much experience.

2.What goes against the crowd in a market that is endorsed by self-help gurus and very highly known? Basically a market with a lot of competition at the start, kinda like SMAA, bro-marketing and other internet businesses.
-I understand that the key to succeeding in todays market is to set yourself apart and provide actual real value, but I would like to see if what you guys have to say and if am not really understanding something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Going against the modern world would be to own a farm and have a modest wife and 7 kids and teach them to be conservative.

Not sure how starting a “me-too” type of business like SMMA has anything to do with bucking the system. It’s kinda the opposite of setting yourself apart.

rolfty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 2, 2023
Going against the modern world would be to own a farm and have a modest wife and 7 kids and teach them to be conservative.

Not sure how starting a “me-too” type of business like SMMA has anything to do with bucking the system. It’s kinda the opposite of setting yourself apart.
Thank you for the answer! Also, what would be some good ways to set myself apart or what are some core principles of finding how to set myself apart and do something that I might find success in?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Set yourself apart by being athletic, motivated, providing value, producing more than you consume and thinking for yourself. You’ll be one in a million then.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Also, what would be some good ways to set myself apart or what are some core principles of finding how to set myself apart and do something that I might find success in?
Honestly?

Answering these kinds of questions for yourself would absolutely set you apart.

Being self made begins with being self made.

rolfty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 2, 2023
Honestly?

Thank you for the answer! I do have another question though, should I focus on making my own ways to succeed, or should I focus on following where the markets tilt towards to find opportunities and pursue them, or should I do both?

rolfty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 2, 2023
Honestly?

Also, as a side note, thank you a lot for saying this, just now I realised that recently I have been trying to find answers that in my head might lead to overnight success instead of just making something and sticking to that something so I can gain value and experience from that something. Thanks for the wake-up call!

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
The bar is so low.

Did you know if you're lower than 18% body fat (pretty fat) as a man that would be you in top 5% of physiques?

Whilst tiktok fuelled attention spans seem to be unashamedly short, 3 seconds or less. Being able to read a book without checking your phone puts you in the top 5%.

Making more than $4000/month puts you in the top 5% globally.

Put these things together and you'll quickly become a top 0.01% person.

Effort is against the crowd, responsibility is against the crowd, focus is against the crowd.

I look around and see everyone glued to their favourite apps algorithm. I lick my lips. This is my competition?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
having any standards at all puts you ahead of many people

Asians will fat shame the F*ck out of relatives who are 5 lbs overweight. But Americans cry racism if you tell someone that they're 50 lbs overweight.

Conviction also sets you apart. Most people pretty much adapt to whatever is in the overton window then spend their energy making money + getting laid. Acting as if you have some higher calling that you will live and die for will make you stand out from the sea fluoride stares.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
1. What goes against the crowd in the modern day world where people are pretty much enslaved without knowing to an system they hate but are dependent on?
Driving unvaxinated and without a mask in your high CO2 emission sports car towards your favorite steak house (no crickets). Your phone, which is a few years old, has no social media apps installed on it, but you've left it at home just because you don't need it.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
I'm basing this question of two things, which are in themselves separate questions:

-As of now I'm kind of thinking the answer to this question would be online entrepreneur work or stuff that is highly favored by the system, but I really want to see what you guys have to say about this since I don't really have much experience.

2.What goes against the crowd in a market that is endorsed by self-help gurus and very highly known? Basically a market with a lot of competition at the start, kinda like SMAA, bro-marketing and other internet businesses.
-I understand that the key to succeeding in todays market is to set yourself apart and provide actual real value, but I would like to see if what you guys have to say and if am not really understanding something.
Deny yourself for God's sake.

That's what separates you from the crowd.

rolfty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 2, 2023
The bar is so low.

Did you know if you're lower than 18% body fat (pretty fat) as a man that would be you in top 5% of physiques?

Whilst tiktok fuelled attention spans seem to be unashamedly short, 3 seconds or less. Being able to read a book without checking your phone puts you in the top 5%.

Making more than $4000/month puts you in the top 5% globally.

Put these things together and you'll quickly become a top 0.01% person.

Effort is against the crowd, responsibility is against the crowd, focus is against the crowd.

I look around and see everyone glued to their favourite apps algorithm. I lick my lips. This is my competition?
I have seen this in as well, the saddest part is when they talk about all the millions they are going to make in just a while then 2 moments later open up tik-tok to brainrott and see butts. Thank you for the answer!

rolfty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 2, 2023
Driving unvaxinated and without a mask in your high CO2 emission sports car towards your favorite steak house (no crickets). Your phone, which is a few years old, has no social media apps installed on it, but you've left it at home just because you don't need it.
This is probably the best explanation of a good day in the life I seen. Thanks for the answer!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Turning up on time, saying please and thank you, and doing what you said you were going to do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...