The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Head on the Chopping Block - All Neo, No Smith - Hope - And Anti Anti Guru ranting.

A post of a ranting nature...
D

Deleted72597

I did my best to figure out where to put this on the forum, move the topic anywhere anytime.
A lot of statements in this article are written in the form of a claim. As if I am preaching the only true answer. I'm not. But I want to voice some different opinions.

Alright. Here we go...

I see a lot of talk about slowlaners, sidewalkers, scripted dogma, anti-self-help "gurus", and the like.
And quite frankly, there's a lot of stuff I either don't agree (fully) with or that I at least want to share some other opinions / reflections about.

Now before I rant for the next 30+ minutes, there are two important things that need mentioning first.

1. Gotta try to find the fine line between sounding like an a$$-kisser and just plain sincere and appreciative here (as before)...
I'm not opposed to MJ, TMF , Unscripted , Fastlaners, The Forum, Productocracy, real value, or anything like that. At least I hope not...
As a matter in fact, I believe I'm intensely pro so much of this stuff. The word productocracy in itself helped me put my previous beliefs into words and a concept.
Finding this community (and other entrepreneurs that care about value) has been a blessing. It gave me hope that everyone wasn't a rat farm scientist that doesn't give a shit.
12 long years ago I fell out of "job life" after just a little over a year because I hated selling stuff to people that didn't need it. I hated their pure revenue-based soulless system that didn't give a shit about employees or ethics. "Here grandma, waste your money on this 10 megabit connection." $$Ka-Ching$$ "Good job employee 431, you earned us both money!"
I then started hating the world, I started hating money in its entirety, I believed 90% of people were shit, and I rarely if ever found someone like myself. I was intent on going away, and starting a new life with other "hippies" on an island. I then lived 7... Interesting years.
I decided I would try to "solve" reality in my head. Yup, easy peasy tiny task, no biggie. I'm not sure how much I solved, but I thought a lot about how the world works. A lot about why people do what they do, a lot about politics, systems of society, systems of living entities, correlation of all, and a lot about what kind of "system" would verify both science, but also the surreal experiences I had back then. Experiences I did not yet have concepts to describe. I guess i spent that life as a hardcore philosopher with no education, only my mind.
The point is, I was basically thinking for 7+ years. Not only thinking of course, but the closest I was to a job or a business or a purpose besides escaping was to solve the world and reality for several reasons. So in addition to all procrastination, some arts, and a loooooooooot of video games, that's what I did. The point is: I have been deep thinking a lot.
And I have some... Thoughts about some things I see being spoken about on the forums, potentially mostly by newer members. Some opinions that I don't see written as often.

MJ is still one of my "Morpheus's" if we're talking Matrix speak. He helped free me, ignited my journey, taught me lots (mentality, practicality, business, economy, systems, and more) provided books that I will revisit and a forum that has helped me tremendously. Even an important start or serious continuation of my re-discovered appreciation of money and all the things it can buy, freedom being a key one. I am grateful for the legacy and everything it has offered me.

I must admit that even if I have read both books, and most all teachings resonated with me, I haven't taken all abbreviations, rules, and concepts to heart. I don't use the terminology in daily life, and quite frankly I wouldn't remember all of it. That doesn't mean it's not a part of me. All C.E.N.T.S modifiers have become part of how I view business, with or without all the language. "Tune-Up", slowlane, Fastlane and sidewalk mentality is a part of my knowledge bank. A part that I am grateful for. Along with other parts of the books that pop into my mind on regular occasions. And I'm not saying it's not a great language to use, a framework to live by, and "become". As a matter in fact, it's one of the better I have seen.
I would just rather want to learn French or general business lingo if I were to learn a new language.

I'm basically clarifying this in an attempt to diminish the head-chopping, lol.

I'm not American. I think this is highly relevant because I'm not exposed to a lot of the scripted dogma preachers that some of you so understandably despise.
I have a hard time getting into all the characters, business people, politicians, the books I haven't read, the ads I haven't seen. Heck, I don't really know how your country truly works. I've been wanting to go ever since I got exposed to the business world. So it's happening after COVID settles down, but I don't know how it is to be poor or "average" in your country, I don't know how having a job is there, how shitty employers can be, workloads etc. Quite frankly there's a lot of stuff I don't know. My point is: Even if most of the concepts in the books are to be found everywhere, our societies are also very different. I don't know about you, but we have state organizations funding innovative entrepreneurial ideas with several hundred thousand dollars, we have health care for everyone (i myself have received $500-$1800 every month for the last 12 years. I could basically do most what I wanted if I was thrifty, but it feels better now to contribute, have a vision, and be occupied). Our right-wing politicians are more left than your leftist. Now I'm not attempting to go into a political discussion about countries and their politics, laws, etc. I love my own country, and America fascinates me. I've always wanted to do a route 66 journey and visit weirdos that own plastic bottle trees, gurus that have strange naked mass meditations in huge tents, and other ... interesting stuff. Back to the point: I know there are some big differences to the systems that are being ripped on (script) in our different countries. But stuff seems waaaaaaaay rougher for the poor or average Joe in the US, so I can understand how it generates stronger emotions how some take advantage of the masses. I mean, I can't remember any "huge economic" crashes here where masses of people severely suffered. But then again, I lived in my thrifty secure bubble, and I didn't exactly feel sorry for others that would have to undergo the same for a while.

That being said:

Case 1: Does anyone remember Mr. Smith?

There are a lot of people on here that love Neo, as do i. I have been a fan of the trilogy ever since it came out (went to all cinema premieres I think). I never really understood all the reasons for why until later years, but I was a fan regardless. It has so many potential layers that Inception seems like a dream to create. Hehe. He. I love it. Not just Neo breaking free from his shitty cubicle, but the whole series. I still haven't figured everything out, but I'm looking forward to it.

My Matrix point is this:
Do people know about or remember Smith? Do people remember the eternal struggle between the two? How it more or less seems like they cannot exist without one another? How there always is a new one, and they always fight their way to the scene with the architect, and then they have to make a choice. Now I don't know if Zion is a reference to living freely in a "tribal culture" (entrepreneurial or not), just still "inside the Matrix" (or at least how it's depicted), or whether or not every Unscripted entrepreneur or aspiring Fastlaner has transcended to some higher level of consciousness outside this actual world that we (I) reside in most of the time. But IF people aren't actually living in a different physical plane of reality (not different mindset in reality), and Zion + Disconnecting is symbolism for unplugging from one or several societally constructed systems of our world, then please remember and appreciate Smith, and be grateful you get to be Neo. And Smith, and Neo, or not?

Now I might be a little on the Dao side. I have spent several years questioning whether or not it is in fact possible for the entire world to be fulfilled and happy at the same time. Yin and Yang, everything with its counterpart. I've wondered if it's even possible for such a reality to exist. I believe that the tree will grow as high as the roots go low, and then I question it after looking to certain individuals. Eckhart Tolle has preached about a presence, pure being, and inner love. As have Ram Dass, as has Alan Watts, as have ancient philosophers, as have Lao Tzu, as have several religions if interpreted in certain ways. But I think there is an important question to be cast before condemning the system and all its preachers. What would the world be like without the system? For it is important to remember that it enables us to surpass that very system. Like MJ has said, and others have said before and/or after. You need to do extraordinary things to experience extraordinary results (or something along those lines). Would this system less world be a Zion on earth? An international tribal community of love and community? But also infected with love, deceit, failure, pride, class systems, and other human constructs?

What if everyone was an entrepreneur? What would happen then? How would the economic system be? Would money or other currency as we know it even exist? How would we trade services? Would there be services to trade? Would love, closeness, compassion, understanding, empathy and sympathy be the most expensive services to be sold? How would one pay for those services? How would we separate the wealthy from the poor? Would everyone be wealthy? Would everyone that wanted a Lamborghini own one? And what would be the consequences of such freedom for everyone?

My point is this: Appreciate the F*cking system. Not solely appreciate the system, but in addition to ridiculing it, laughing at sidewalkers, slowlaners and scriptspeak: Appreciate the F*cking script speak gurus and the system. For if they were not, you wouldn't be able to break free, do your own thing, build your dream, and live the life you want to. I encourage anyone to interject here with good ideas to how the world would realistically function without the systems, the shitty systems. And not just in America. I don't know enough about the entirety of economy, psychology, and everything in-between to even fathom it, but if you do: Please give me your best go.

The closest I get to an ideal world is one where most modern material possessions are undesired and unrequired due to a change of consciousness (Zion without the machine wars?). I guess we would still want to live long (especially the Atheists), be healthy, and have some way of playing other than throwing coconuts and having sex. The other would be if entrepreneurs of the world invented our way into sustainable machinery (something certain people are talking about, Elon Musk among others?) that didn't destroy our planet while taking care of the needs of all humans (and animals if you ask me). Is that really realistic tho? And who would control this new "system" that is now "taking care" of all human beings? Entrepreneurs? Society? Everyone? Robots (now its getting interesting)? AI? How would this new system realistically function? Would no person have a desire other than what he was granted? Would there be a new uprising? A Hyperlane? Maybe we're in the Matrix right now, replaying the actual thing that happened. Life is a VR. Etc. Who knows?

I also want to emphasize how I'm not necessarily talking to everyone right now. I've just seen some tendencies and posts, resulting in me wanting to write about these things.

Now that I am finished talking about these financial gurus that preach slowlane BS (which I can only imagine feels worse in the US than in Norway, as I've mentioned before).

Case 2: "Self Help Guru Hate"

Before I rant more about this topic. Let me just add that: In a theoretical world like the one described above, one where machines do in fact replace more and more people. IF such a reality is in the making, one of the highest value products or services that can be offered is everything that has to do with self-help/self-acceptance/conflict mediation/compassion, and everything else in that category. Who will need a marketing system or better window blinds? I don't give a shit if that teacher has practiced that routine, habit, or whatever else for your required minimum of 66 days or worse yet: 2 years. If they make someone's day better, or they help something towards living a happier life, that's enough. Luckily, it doesn't have to be validated by you, me, or anyone else. Happiness is all the "validation needed". If we should start judging the validity of happiness or how good or evil it is, we might wanna start with whether or not the person that is happy is happy because he is destroying someone else's happiness. Oh and how big isn't the grey area for this? Being happy because you destroy someone else's happiness. Most of us do it every single day without meaning to. Lying is bullshit. But ignorance is also bliss.

And speaking of hope, or better yet, faith. Let me just quote a scene from the legendary series Sandman, written by Neil Gaiman (who also authored what the tv show Lucifer is based upon). So, here we have The Sandman, AKA. Dream, AKA. Morpheus - Lord of the sleeping realm finding himself in Lucifers realm: Hell. The hot steaming demon reeking, suffering filled torture chamber in its loveliest red, bubbling, and putrid form. Our hero Morpheus (gotta go with that) is challenged to a game of wits by a demon by the name of Choronzon in order to regain a priced magical possession of his. The rules of the game are basically a "counter" game where one is supposed to come up with a concept that defeats the previous statement. It goes as follows:

Choronzon: I am a dire wolf, prey-stalking, lethal prowler
Morpheus: I am a hunter, horse-mounted, wolf-stabbing
Choronzon: I am a horsefly, horse-stinging, hunter-throwing
Morpheus: I am a spider, fly-consuming, eight-legged
Choronzon: I am a snake, spider-devouring, poison-toothed
Morpheus: I am an ox, snake-crushing, heavy-footed
Choronzon: I am anthrax, butcher bacterium, warm-life destroying
Morpheus: I think i understand how Choronzon plays. How I can turn it against him. I think i will abandon the offensive.
Morpheus: I am a world, space-floating, life-nurturing
Choronzon: I am a nova, all-exploding, planet-cremating
Morpheus: I am the universe--all things encompassing, all life embracing
Choronzon: I am anti-life, the beast of judgment. I am the dark at the end of everything. The end of universes, gods, worlds... EVERYTHING... What will you be then, dreamlord?
Morpheus: I am hope.
Choronzon: ...

I don't know all the rules of this game of wits. Maybe you can replace those dots with "Jobs", but you might get the point.
I've become uncertain of the term hope lately (choose words wisely, etc. hope = putting the decision in something/someone else hands).
But I also truly believe that unless it is possible for all of us to be happy at once, and until we fulfill our dreams, destinies, or desires. Hope is all some people have.
Dispensing hope might be a band-aid, but is it even possible to "cure" everyone? I believe hope is a valuable service in itself. That's one of the main reasons why I appreciate religion
(not part of religion myself). I don't wanna go into any other part of religion than that. If God exists or not, economic abuse & deceit, discrimination, etc. But it does provide hope.
And I think it is important to note that no matter what self help "guru" we are talking about. At least they dispense hope.
I remember reading something about a Jewish person in an attic in Germany during world war 2, looking at a picture of Marilyn Monroe. And that illusion, that beauty, that dream of the freedom of America, and the hope it portrayed kept that person going. I'm not sure where I read or watched this, but I'm fairly certain it was a real event, told by a real person.

When I hear people talking about gurus I often get confused about whether or not they are talking about the financial ones or the self-development ones. I've almost lost my definition of the word guru, to be honest. There are anti gurus, actual gurus, self-proclaimed gurus, anti gurus, anti anti gurus, anti anti anti anti gurus, gurumachithetomania (this is not an actual word, don't google it). I guess we'll find a fresh word to replace the word guru with soon, considering how tainted it has become.

I get the difference between practicing what you preach and preaching what you don't practice. I do both, but I try to preach more about what I practice or have practiced.
A key thing to note here is that different stuff (in general) appeal to different people. Meaning that if you preach 7 different ways to increase your self-confidence, and you only
have practiced one of them. That other person might be intrigued by one of the other techniques that you have never tried, and proceed to try it with little, mediocre, or amazing results. The chances of this happening is reduced by the law of attraction, vibration, or chemistry (choose which one you like), but still likely to occur.

Good old Tai, a perfect example:
I know a lot of people piss on Tai Lopez, and a lot of people still do. So I want to defend him, as I have done before. He's a prime example of a "self-help guru" a lot of people are shitting on, because of his marketing techniques and his dubious levels of actual business success prior to teaching his methods. But he worked miracles for me, so.
That man (re)introduced me to reading, learning and entrepreneurship. His extreme marketing reached me because I was a gaming nerd who was literally stuck to my computer.
Remember how I talked about my period where I abandoned humanity, crawled into my cave, and played my video games?
He was the reason why I attempted a serious video game streaming career with mediocre success, facing my fear and actually doing something "serious" for once.
I always had different or big dreams. Everything from being a business owner to a world-renowned musician, actor, painter, or a wandering monk.
I hated the ordinary because I linked it with so many things I despised. Actually, part of it was probably also just about being a rebel.
But I'm not sure how big my chances were of crawling out of that cave unless it was "forced" on me accompanied by a leased Lambo and a charismatic hipster in a garage with books and workout equipment.
Anyway: He introduced me to reading, audiobooks, learning, to educating myself. The topics in his various videos even stuck with me and became parts of how I approach entrepreneurship. Not only that, but I didn't even finish his course, and it was $67. Talk about value. Getting aggressively dragged out of a bottomless pit with the belief that it was willingly, for the low cost of $67. He is talking about reading, the power of knowledge (put into practice), about speedreading, about great mentors, living and dead alike. He even used the technique of referring to the book and author instead of acting like it was all him (In truth it actually could be, standing on shoulders of giants and all), what was said in it, and left the rest to you. At least that's my interpretation. I regard all this no worse than MJ titling his first book The Millionaire Fastlane . All that cover and title is missing is a Lamborghini, leased or not. It would even fit that cover better than Tai's garage. And Tai did all this to all those poor souls because of his "marketing scheme, lies and leased belongings". I actually spent a lot of time like a mindless moron for several years, questioning whether i "should approve of Tai" and dare to confront my friends and family with this new hope based belief that things could be better. Please emphasize the word should. What can I say, most people live in an illusion based on someone else's belief Until they wake up? I did, sort of.

Now I don't know much about the upselling and claimed "self-help addiction" funnels of endless bonus packages, and all that jazz. And the book "Wolf of Wall Street" has made me even more painfully aware than before of the responsibilities that come with great power (speaking about Tai here). He's not proud of his wolf days no more, let me tell you that. But if we're talking Matrix, people will just go back to staring at their phones after 2 hours if they aren't ready, so. Now I'm not sure if Tai is responsible for the self-help wave, if the new preachers of self-help "are d-bags" or not, or if his business teachings are worth the money. I imagine they are tho. I actually believe he has read a lot of those books, and if he is a Mensa member like he claims, he knows how to piece them together, seeing as how IQ in itself is just another system. I also saw him in a video investing in crops (primary need in Maslow's pyramid = most likely to be in demand. Always), and I heard him sneakily suggest that people give an uncomfortable amount to charity in his 67 steps. The man is a good guy, I'm telling you. But hey, it's one opinion.

Wanna know what I think is worse than any help guru that creates an online $59 course that rehashes shit I've heard 20.000 times before in order to influence people and earn money? Anyone who sells 10.000 of anything that is made of plastic, packed in plastics, and shipped in environmentally harmful ways without intending to improve it. The only way that shit checks out in this scenario is if god (should he exist) intended animal evolution and suffering by human hands through pollution. That's without all the other aspects. Using any kind of knowledge in the world to sell a (shitty or not) temporarily useful physical product is in no way shape or form better than selling a temporarily (shitty or not) useful mental product. As a matter of fact, it's better. Because you don't pollute the world as much while doing it.

But hey, Yin & Yang. There are enough diversity and opposites in us to hate everything.
Or enough gratefulness to appreciate everything. All the stuff that other people deal with so that we don't have to.

If you have read this far, you should be rewarded with some kind of medal. The only one I can reward you is an imaginary one. Accept it in your head.
And I don't really hate stuff anymore, at least I work not to. It's more beneficial to love. You're all insanely amazing, seriously! Buuuuuut I do love to argue a side of something.
A good friend of mine (Philosophy Master) once said that any belief deserved being questioned thoroughly so that we find out if it is durable. I like that friend.

Screw it, I'm done editing this.
Thank you for indulging me. I'll end my wicked rambling with this song by one of my favorite comedians.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zU3fHg3wI

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I stumbled on your post and can't quite ascertain its purpose, a guru rant, a rant on consumers and life itself?

Has anything changed since you since wrote this six months ago?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I stumbled on your post and can't quite ascertain its purpose, a guru rant, a rant on consumers and life itself?

Thanks a lot for bumping this, my head hurts from trying to read it. And it's not because of his English, his English is fine.

I think OP spends way too much time thinking and not enough time doing.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Your thread reminds me - The old me lol When I have joined this forum.

To be honest, I have failed to realize that, Since 2005/2006/2007 - The Fast lane forum was here And still here (In non-fancy way) “before” Tai introduced the book movement in 2015.

They say: You have to kiss a few frogs you meet your prince. That’s why guru sells $1K program and rationalizes that you are not serious.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 24, 2019
1: Script.
We hate it but we also appreciate it. There’s no way most businesses would have any chance of success without the stability, reliability and frameworks it offers. Try selling your product without internet, roads, cars, laws and the like.

We just realize the typical road isn’t for us. And to some extent, we gotta rebel against it in order to truly internalize that part of ourselves that wants to be free.

You don’t see a lot of love for the script here because that’s not the point if this site. If you want to see love for the script, turn on the tv, go outside, go to social media. The script is everywhere. This site offers the other viewpoint.

2: self-help gurus and the like

On one hand, seeing the predatory tactics and manipulative marketing strategies they use makes it clear what they do. It’s on a similar level of awful like MLM’s in my opinion. Especially when their shit course costs $1997. Give me $1997 dollars and I’ll give you $1 back and congrats. You made more money with me than most people with that course.

On the other hand. I believe self-help is on a spectrum. When I was young, I loved some of those self-help gurus. They spoke to me and helped me become better and believe in myself. Nowadays, as Ive grown past their teachings, I realize how shit they are. However people still need to go through self-help one step at a time. I just hope they don’t get stuck on any 1 guy for too long and please don’t buy their courses. Books are good. Books are cheap.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 24, 2019
Thanks a lot for bumping this, my head hurts from trying to read it. And it's not because of his English, his English is fine.

Yeah I think I agree. Or at least study more different opinions. There’s reasons to love the script but there’s also reasons to hate it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I wanted to understand this, but I just couldn't.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I stopped reading after getting on Case 2. Sorry man.

But I think I get the general idea of what you're saying. However, I think the world is waking up that working for someone else isn't practical anymore. In fact, working for someone else is a recent thing in human history. Prior to the mid 1860s, people worked for themselves. You apprentice with a blacksmith for 2 years or so and then you go off on your own. Rome fell when land owners were taxed so high that they abandoned their lands to get on public assistance (a trend we are in right now.)

Point being, even if the world is ending around us, you still gotta do what needs to be done in order for you to survive and thrive. You can think all day long but without action, all of that philosophy means nothing. Who gives a crap about the toxicity in the world? Unless you're planning to use it for your own advantage or philanthropy, it's worthless information.

isaacdramera

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 9, 2020
New Jersey
Yeah I think I agree. Or at least study more different opinions. There’s reasons to love the script but there’s also reasons to hate it.
hello, we are all here for the same reason, take our life and future in control and to network with people.
I am suggesting here to create a channel, a mastermind on telegram for example so we can per week give update about our actions and businesses
if you agree we can create it and share the link with people.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
This is the epitome of Action Faking. So much being said without saying anything at all.

I had deeper thoughts when I was super depressed in my early 20s when I was drunk 4 days out of the week.

Seriously, this should be pinned and be renamed "Wanna know what action faking is? This right here is action faking."

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I started reading this, loved it, remembered reading it from before and thought to myself.. “I bet I already hearted this” and then checked. Yup.

This dude sounds like every sincere young, poetic, global-thinking, needing-to-connect idealist I’ve ever known who is wrestling between the Dao and the Way. He sounds like my lil brother. I want to talk to him about systems and eternity and religion and how all Great Stories point to higher truths.. but this forum isn’t the place. I hope this person keeps reading great stories.. I think he’ll figure it out if he keeps looking.. and if he gets up the courage to ask Truth for answers.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Feb 8, 2019
With all the questions you asked yourself, most of the answers you show here are given by other peoples' actions you mentioned to verify your ideas.

It seems you don't ask yourself those questions based on your natural intention but by other peoples' guidance who have shown you how to think about which topic. This is how good seductive manipulation works.

In one point I can definitely agree with you: The Millionaire Fastlane has it special validity for the American Market. Luckily in other developed countries you don't need 3 jobs to pay your rent & Health insurance while you share your room with 4 other people or even worse, you still have to sleep in your own car. Also you don't have to pay 100k to study. In Germany for example you don't even have to work and your basic needs are still getting paid by the society.

To your question: What would happen if everyone is an entrepreneur?

This kind of question keeps you low because it takes your confidence to give yourself the value you need to work harder on yourself. Our system will always need people who do the dirty and underpaid jobs. And unfortunately those jobs are taken by people with the least confidence.

The right question should be, if you are the one who should do this?

There is a story of a chinese weaver. She has started to earn money by repairing cloths of others. She saved up some money and bought herself her first weaving machine. Now she started to produce her own cloths. The demand was bigger than she could produce by herself. So took a credit, bought more weaving machines and started to hire and educate her unqualified employees. Lucky for her at that time Western Countries begun to outsource their production to China. She took the risk again, signed up a million dollar credit and opened one of the new textile fabrics in China for western demand.

Entrepreneurship is not about shooting Teslas into the space. It is about to work hard, save up as much money as possible and use that fuel to invest into your own business (into yourself).

I would recommend you to read the book "Poor Economics" to understand how other entrepreneurs in this world do their business.

Take a step back from the glorified and shiny "Entrepreneurship" we see daily in the Western World and learn from the people who have less odds than we have and how they handle their business on a daily basis. Those stories are more inspiring than every former student of the Havard Business School will tell you.

D

Deleted72597

I appreciate your inputs. Every single one of them.
It seems fair to answer everyone, considering I started this thread.
I will then prioritize my "process" thread, if any, on this forum.

This thread was a rant, written in a time of a stressed, erratic, manic, and (over)thinking(?) mind.
I still stand by parts of what I wrote.
I just wanted to add this information. To further clarify, not excuse.

I think it was a rant involving all the things you wrote, and then some.
I realize now that it was written in a very unstructured and cryptic manner.
I also notice that I went on a whole number of sidetracks.

I believe my main intentions were these:

1. Influence people towards being grateful for breaking free instead of ridiculing those that had not.
This was the biggest aim of my post.

I got angry from what seemed like so many people ridiculing slowlaners, sidewalkers, scriptspeakers, friends, family, who hadn't been "enlightened" to their new way of seeing the world. For me, it looked like people jumped on the ridicule train, yelled choo choo, and then proceeded to point fingers and laugh at the less fortunate. It looked like the people who had climbed the wall reserved for the few, stood there laughing at the bunch that wasn't able to.

I believe that a big reason why I wrote in "Matrix speak" was because it seemed like an accepted metaphor among a lot of the people who I wanted to address (systems, breaking free, system protectors, limit breaking, freedom, etc.).

I then (probably siderailed) to further reflecting on what the world would be without this "yin and yang" of the economy in terms of the script and the fastlane, the system and the neo, intending to pose the questions: "What if what is wasn't? What could be then? Would this be better? Should we be less critical towards what is? (i.e: the script), Is what is the best that can be?"

2. Attempting to open people's eyes to how self-help "gurus" play an important part in our world. To accept and be grateful, instead of (once again) critical and ridiculing.

I felt like a lot of gurus had an important part to play in our world, and certainly had played an important part in mine. I had seen what felt like a lot of traffic on the forum about how "silly" the self-help world was. I saw people making youtube videos, ridiculing the concept of self-help, where I thought it was ironic how the videos criticizing self-help were just another level of self-help.

I realize as I am writing this that there is a lot of irony in what I wrote about what others wrote about things that have been written. Not gonna dive deeper into that right now. But yeah, that's an interesting philosophical world on its own.

Anyway: Both these points were things I wanted to write about because I was triggered.
I allowed comments to transfer from an opinionated "attack" towards a teaching, idea, concept, or person, toward becoming an attack on me. I then decided to voice my opinion, because I felt it was important for the "other side" to be heard and seen.

One could dive deep into the why's and when's and how's, the ego, the victim role, the fear, the this and that, but that would take even more time.

What I have written above was my reasoning at the time.

A lot has changed since then. Among other things:

I have seen less annoying stuff because I visit less annoying places, and give less focus to annoying things.

I have gotten better at thinking twice.

I have learned the importance of editing and structure in writing if the goal is to impact.

I have gotten better at accepting the differences in reality. In people, in consciousnesses, and dimensions. And at accepting myself traveling through these different dimensions.

I have gotten better at dealing with temporary failure.

I have learned that messing up is nowhere as bad as I fear.

I believe that all things I wrote are subjectively true (not saying i still stand by it all), but I identify less with making a problem of those different opinions, and reactions. I still believe a lot of the things I wrote about, but new "levels" have been added since then.

I hope your head is fine. I spent too much time thinking, or just the right amount. I have come closer to where I need to be, and I am working on the "doing VS thinking."

Spent 30+ minutes "ranting". But didn't say shit.

Do you have an idea of how I would be able to give you the experience of me "having said shit?".

Your thread reminds me - The old me lol When I have joined this forum.

To be honest, I have failed to realize that, Since 2005/2006/2007 - The Fast lane forum was here And still here (In non-fancy way) “before” Tai introduced the book movement in 2015.

They say: You have to kiss a few frogs you meet your prince. That’s why guru sells $1K program and rationalizes that you are not serious.

Interesting points. I believe that the "cost barrier" is a very real and effective method for inspiring results. With limitations of course. But hey: Opinion, to each his own.

1: Script.
We hate it but we also appreciate it. There’s no way most businesses would have any chance of success without the stability, reliability and frameworks it offers. Try selling your product without internet, roads, cars, laws and the like.

We just realize the typical road isn’t for us. And to some extent, we gotta rebel against it in order to truly internalize that part of ourselves that wants to be free.

You don’t see a lot of love for the script here because that’s not the point if this site. If you want to see love for the script, turn on the tv, go outside, go to social media. The script is everywhere. This site offers the other viewpoint.

2: self-help gurus and the like

On one hand, seeing the predatory tactics and manipulative marketing strategies they use makes it clear what they do. It’s on a similar level of awful like MLM’s in my opinion. Especially when their shit course costs $1997. Give me $1997 dollars and I’ll give you $1 back and congrats. You made more money with me than most people with that course.

On the other hand. I believe self-help is on a spectrum. When I was young, I loved some of those self-help gurus. They spoke to me and helped me become better and believe in myself. Nowadays, as Ive grown past their teachings, I realize how shit they are. However people still need to go through self-help one step at a time. I just hope they don’t get stuck on any 1 guy for too long and please don’t buy their courses. Books are good. Books are cheap.

You make some interesting and helpful points. Much appreciated!

I feel like most of my investments are direct or indirect components in whatever I will end up earning in the future. Recently attending an online coaching course that will run throughout 2021 has so far given me a lot of value. Not necessarily by providing tons of new information, but by reinforcing the confidence I have in my own intelligence, and in books.

I don't know what courses you talk about, or what "shit $1997 courses are". But I believe it is important to recognize that not all people have the same capacity to jump into, understand, and connect concepts, or maybe even read books. Is it possible that these shit courses can have value for someone else than you?

I agree. I am working on expanding my pool of opinions, and it helps me figuring stuff out.

I wanted to understand this, but I just couldn't.

Oh well. I can only hope that I will communicate more clearly in the future.

I stopped reading after getting on Case 2. Sorry man.

But I think I get the general idea of what you're saying. However, I think the world is waking up that working for someone else isn't practical anymore. In fact, working for someone else is a recent thing in human history. Prior to the mid 1860s, people worked for themselves. You apprentice with a blacksmith for 2 years or so and then you go off on your own. Rome fell when land owners were taxed so high that they abandoned their lands to get on public assistance (a trend we are in right now.)

Point being, even if the world is ending around us, you still gotta do what needs to be done in order for you to survive and thrive. You can think all day long but without action, all of that philosophy means nothing. Who gives a crap about the toxicity in the world? Unless you're planning to use it for your own advantage or philanthropy, it's worthless information.

Interesting input.

I don't know man... I believe some people might be very happy to work for a company they respect, with respectable inspiring leaders. Some people just wanna create logo's, some people wanna change the world. Some people wanna bake pies, and some people are more ok with answering customer calls than unraveling their entire world in order to chase a dream.

Yeah, you got a point there. I'm using a lot of acquiring and processing information in order to commit fully to certain things and disregard all the rest. Gaining clarity. Figuring stuff out. By doing and thinking. Can definitely overthink less, and do more. And I agree on the individual surviving and thriving.

hello, we are all here for the same reason, take our life and future in control and to network with people.
I am suggesting here to create a channel, a mastermind on telegram for example so we can per week give update about our actions and businesses
if you agree we can create it and share the link with people.

Interesting initiative!

This is the epitome of Action Faking. So much being said without saying anything at all.

I had deeper thoughts when I was super depressed in my early 20s when I was drunk 4 days out of the week.

Seriously, this should be pinned and be renamed "Wanna know what action faking is? This right here is action faking."

Alrighty then. Carry on.

I started reading this, loved it, remembered reading it from before and thought to myself.. “I bet I already hearted this” and then checked. Yup.

This dude sounds like every sincere young, poetic, global-thinking, needing-to-connect idealist I’ve ever known who is wrestling between the Dao and the Way. He sounds like my lil brother. I want to talk to him about systems and eternity and religion and how all Great Stories point to higher truths.. but this forum isn’t the place. I hope this person keeps reading great stories.. I think he’ll figure it out if he keeps looking.. and if he gets up the courage to ask Truth for answers.

Thank you so much for this input. It truly resonated and made me feel good. Much much appreciated. I am glad to have come a lot closer to where I am meant to be since the time of posting.
And I keep spiraling.

I would not at all hate for us to connect. To listen to what you have to say, or to be redirected somewhere.
Just wanted to throw that out there. Thank you, regardless!

With all the questions you asked yourself, most of the answers you show here are given by other peoples' actions you mentioned to verify your ideas.

It seems you don't ask yourself those questions based on your natural intention but by other peoples' guidance who have shown you how to think about which topic. This is how good seductive manipulation works.

In one point I can definitely agree with you: The Millionaire Fastlane has it special validity for the American Market. Luckily in other developed countries you don't need 3 jobs to pay your rent & Health insurance while you share your room with 4 other people or even worse, you still have to sleep in your own car. Also you don't have to pay 100k to study. In Germany for example you don't even have to work and your basic needs are still getting paid by the society.

To your question: What would happen if everyone is an entrepreneur?

This kind of question keeps you low because it takes your confidence to give yourself the value you need to work harder on yourself. Our system will always need people who do the dirty and underpaid jobs. And unfortunately those jobs are taken by people with the least confidence.

The right question should be, if you are the one who should do this?

There is a story of a chinese weaver. She has started to earn money by repairing cloths of others. She saved up some money and bought herself her first weaving machine. Now she started to produce her own cloths. The demand was bigger than she could produce by herself. So took a credit, bought more weaving machines and started to hire and educate her unqualified employees. Lucky for her at that time Western Countries begun to outsource their production to China. She took the risk again, signed up a million dollar credit and opened one of the new textile fabrics in China for western demand.

Entrepreneurship is not about shooting Teslas into the space. It is about to work hard, save up as much money as possible and use that fuel to invest into your own business (into yourself).

I would recommend you to read the book "Poor Economics" to understand how other entrepreneurs in this world do their business.

Take a step back from the glorified and shiny "Entrepreneurship" we see daily in the Western World and learn from the people who have less odds than we have and how they handle their business on a daily basis. Those stories are more inspiring than every former student of the Havard Business School will tell you.

Thank you for the valuable reply! Interesting stuff. Do you have a book recommendation or other source of knowledge on what you mean by "seductive manipulation"? Or a similar concept?

Well. I guess I speak in quotes because most people tend to listen to those people instead of some random guy who hasn't yet had globally recognized impact and recognition (me). Don't we all? Isn't that why we quote stuff? Because someone else has stated something similar or identical to what we believe and would like to communicate to the world? I wouldn't mind just sharing my own opinions to people, but aren't people more susceptible to listen if the words are said by Michael Jordan, Bill Gates, Gandhi, or Neil deGrasse Tyson? On topics relating to what they do, of course, i.e. Michael Jordan on ambition, motivation, practice, etc. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just projecting my own skepticism onto others.

Oh well. Thank you all for the inputs. Some of them have been very useful.
I might see you in my "process" / journey thread.
I may or may not reply to further comments on this thread, take that into consideration if you choose to reply further.

Be well all! Keep going! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.