The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
I was reading 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, The Flight Plan and Goals at the same time, and I've bearly finished with Flight Plan a couple days ago.

Flight Plan, by Brian Tracy, is my favorite among them because is very easy to read and learn a lot in a short time.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey, is really good too, but I think it's too long, use a language too technical and has some parts that are not necessary.

Goals! by Brian Tracy, is a good book, but it is basically the same than Flight Plan, but with older and less information.

I love Donald Trump's books as well. My favorite is Think Big and Kick a$$, and I just bought Why We Want You to Be Rich.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TOLDUSO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 29, 2008
New Orleans
Outliers: The Story of Success

Read this book last week. It gives a really interesting look at success based on opportunity, timing, and of course the hard work that goes along with anything successful. Definitely worth the read.

413Rr9yllcL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
What Rich People Know and Desperately Want To Keep Secret.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just finished Crash Proof by Schiff ... did anyone else think the book seemed highly redundant? I did enjoy it however.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I just finished Crash Proof by Schiff ... did anyone else think the book seemed highly redundant? I did enjoy it however.
Peter Schiff is a good read but is very repetitive. Attack it from all angles, repeat, and say it again, etc.

Oracle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 25, 2009
Newberg, OR
Recently, I have read:

Building Your Cult
The Top 10 Distinctions Between the Millionaires and the Middle Class
The Persuation Skills Black Book
The Nonverbal Advantage

All were pretty good. The cult book has a lot of self improvement stuff that was pretty good.

Ghost

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 4, 2009
Just finished RDPD. Now I'm on to Wood and Sangster's Business Accounting v.1 and then v.2 .

I've found that books like RDPD and 4HWW are successful because they leave out the boring bits, and its easy to get hooked on feel-good books and not end up anywhere.

Hence I'm reading some 'bread on the table' how-to's for the next month or so.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
PROBLOGGER: by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett

I got this book for my birthday today and was wondering if you guys have read it. I'm focusing heavily on AM stuff and think that focusing on blogging would be too distracting since I'm working on SEO and landing pages. This is also the second edition of the book so I don't know if the info. is too dated. Any comments?

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Finished Reading
#88 the narrow road
#basic lisp techniques
#coder's at work
#html, xhtml & css bible 3rd edition

Currently Studying
common lisp - an interactive approach
successful lisp
practical common lisp
lisp
languages and machines
probability and statistical inference

Re-reading
the practice of programming
what rich people know & ...=

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Just finished "How to win friends and influence people" Dale carnigie

Really liked it and am actively applying concepts from it.

Now I am onto Goals! By Brian Tracey. This one is interesting thus far. I am also reading Starting Stregnth by Mark Rippetoe.

Next will be ReWork and either awaken the giant within or getting things done.

Feels good to be catching up with all these books that i see over and over. Now i can get them read and can relate.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Just finished "How to win friends and influence people" Dale carnigie

Really liked it and am actively applying concepts from it.

Now I am onto Goals! By Brian Tracey. This one is interesting thus far. I am also reading Starting Stregnth by Mark Rippetoe.

Next will be ReWork and either awaken the giant within or getting things done.

Feels good to be catching up with all these books that i see over and over. Now i can get them read and can relate.

Wow. I'm impressed. You finishing these many books, this fast? congrats, it seems the purchase of the decade for you was that Reader, huh?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Wow. I'm impressed. You finishing these many books, this fast? congrats, it seems the purchase of the decade for you was that Reader, huh?

Yeah, it makes it a bit more enjoyable because every book reads the same as far as font and style. It makes it quick and fast to read. It really was the purchase of the decade for me. I keep getting to a point where I am like "well what am i going to read next" I pulled most of the titles out of this thread already.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Just finished 5 minutes ago, Are you there, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. First book I've read in years that made me laugh til I cried. Sorry guys, you wont get the chick humor. But girls, you've got to lose 2 hours of your life to read this hilarious little piece of work.

WARNING: You will learn NOTHING fastlane. But you will LAUGH. And sometimes, that's important.

SKM430

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 22, 2010
if any of your are into long-term market investing, I've been reading Buffet Beyond Value by Prem Jain. seems good thus far.

Phil

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Apr 13, 2008
U.K
Inside her pretty little head: A guide about marketing to women effectively and understanding their motives to buy-I'm hoping to learn some tactics to apply to my next venture. Haven't read so much of it yet but the author is very very intelligent.

The Art of the deal by Donald Trump: Awesome book! really gets me juiced to do some big corporate deals!

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
The Dip by Seth Godin

Conspiracy of the Rich by Robert Kiyosaki (re-reading)

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

Beyond the Secret (forgot the author and don't have the book in front of me right now)

w4rl0rdx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 2, 2009
Michigan
Eh, its got some new stuff in it but if I recall its mainly a rehash of his and Trumps book, why we want you to be rich. I still enjoyed reading Conspiracy though!

On a side note about books... was thinking about getting this ---->
How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes (Hardcover)

~ Peter D. Schiff (Author), Andrew J. Schiff (Author)

Someone around these forums I think mentioned how Schiff was one of the few people to predict the economic/stock collapse in 2006/2007 so I watched some of his videos... he has a channel on youtube and found out he just put out this book. It may be good.

Has anyone around here had a chance to read this or even heard about it yet?
It got VERYYYY good reviews on amazon.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I already own it. It's fantastic.

Gives a super-dumbed down version for the layman to understand. It's a story with pictures that relates to our current economic environment.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I am also reading Every Man a Speculator by Steve Fraser

In the author's own words:
But Every Man a Speculator is rather mainly about the rest of us. It tries to tell the two-hundred-year-old story of how Wall Street has inspired dreams and nightmares deep inside American culture, leaving its imprint on the lives of ordinary as well as some extraordinary people.

Operation_OPM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jul 16, 2008
Hyper Hustle Zone, Quadrant I-4
Dan Kennedy "No B.S Ruthless Management of People and Profits"

This guy is all about pragmatic marketing applications, making money and most of all speed...I've read his entire library in the last 3 days...10/10.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Fiction: Atlas Shrugged - can't believe I've never read this book before. It's like reading the newspaper nowadays!

And I usually have a non-fiction book running at the same time, but not this time. Atlas Shrugged is real enough!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.