The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Dooley

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 2, 2009
I greatly enjoyed reading this book ''Why You're Dumb, Sick & Broke and How to Get Smart, Healthy & Rich!'' by Randy Gage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I am currently reading "The Intelligent Investor" by Ben Graham. I keep my reading list an reviews on my LinkedIn profile. If anyone wants to connect, you can visit my profile here, Bobby Casey - LinkedIn, and send me an invite. just put something about thefastlanetomillions.com in the intro.

Dooley

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 2, 2009
''The Toilet Paper Entrepreneurs'' by Mike Michalowicz -I just pick this up because I found the title funny, finished 2 charpters, this book is informative and very funny.
The writer shows you why starting a business isn't about needing money, a business degree or the conventional resources.

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
I just re-discovered the library! WOW... I can get audio books for free!!! on my computer!!!

I downloaded lots of business type of books!!! Now I just need to get my booty on the treadmil!!!.... and listen... LOL LOL Easier said than done.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I currently read 3 books.. lol...bought some good ones so can't decide which to read first. But probably will finish "What would Google do" by Jeff Jarvis, then comes "Freakonomics" by S. Lewitt and "Business Stripped Bare" by R.Branson!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
At the moment business unrelated.

If the book has a price tag on it, it's business related. Go ahead, share the titles.:cheers:

I've been taking some time away from reading, need to get back to it.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I am currently about 50 pages into The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements by Eric Hoffer.

It's a bit odd but interesting. Small book, only about 150 pages.

LisaJ

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 30, 2009
Boston, MA
"Envisioning Information" for communicating complex information into visuals and graphics, as recommended by Kevin Rose of Digg fame. Gonna go through more of his recs later...

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
- The Art of the Start

- How to win friends and influence people

- Influence

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I currently have more than 10 books unread on my stash... keep buying and buying new ones :p

Thinking Big by Donald Trump - good read, practical advice. It's great to get inside the mind of such a great successful man!

The Long Tail by Chris Anderson - can't wait to read this one! Must be eye-opening! Heard great things about it.

Free by Chris Anderson
- another one from Anderson. This one is how Free is changing from marketing trick to something more. Also curious to read it!

Working with Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman - my weak point, emotional intelligence... gotta improve it and this book is great!

Business Stripped Bare by Richard Branson
- My role model's book, second biography, entertaining and teaching read!!

The Snowball, Warren Buffet
- picked this one p to learn about investing and long-term thinking.

Buy-ology by Martin Lindstrom - bit mindblowing read about neuro-marketing.

Small Giants by Bo Burlingham - about how some companies don't go big and succeed (how small is the new big). Haven't finished it, but still a good read. Different perspective from mainstream Go Big, Go Big, Go Big....

Freakonomics - def. view-changing book. Incentives rules our lives! Another one unfinished. But I will def. finish it.

Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jefferies - book about fear what's behind it and how to act when you are afraid. Heard this one from Eben Pagan..

The Black Swan by Nassim Nocholas Taleb - book about random events in life that underlie our lives from bestsellers to world disasters. Shows how to take advantage of unexpected...

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell - great read about why people succeed, and it's not only about 10,000 hours of hard work!

Gotta tons to read and learn! Gotta a few more to buy in the future. Gonna read and implement!

Cheers

Reefbreak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 18, 2009
San Diego
I've read a few older books recently... "The Art of Contrary Thinking" by Humphrey Neill and "Extraordinary Popular Delusions" by Charles Mackay. It is interesting how these older books are still very relevant.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I'm reading "Made to Stick" to help me develop some of my ideas. I'm also reading a bunch of other books about foreign/economic policy making but I don't want to get political! :smxB:

Oracle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 25, 2009
Newberg, OR
I bought How to Get Rich, after the suggestion here.

Next I'll read Johnny Bunko, by Daniel Pink.

ChrisREIndy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Oct 22, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Dooley,
My good friend Scott Bradley helped Mike launch "Toilet Paper Entrepreneur." It is definitely a good read for someone starting a biz with little to no money.

Wildflower,
How did you get access to free online audio books? Through your local library?

Chris

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
just about to finish William O Neil's "How to Make Money in Stocks" and I highly recommend this book for anyone who is looking to make extra income from stock investing.

GreenHouses

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Apr 25, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I'm currently reading The Ascent Of Money by Niall Ferguson. Its a very interesting look at the history of money, various markets, and some of the individuals and organisations involved, and their part in history. There is also a six part documentary series on this as well.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
About a month ago, I read "the history of money" by jack weatherford. this was a really good book about how money evolved through history and how some major historical events were money related. very informative read and entertaining as well.

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
I'm on Chapter 2 of Diane Kennedy's "Loopholes of the Rich." I need to further my education in the realm of taxes, and this book is a great first start.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
"The Making Of A Blockbuster", biography of Wayne Huizenga, who created/made big Waste Management (WMX), Blockbuster and more recently AutoNation and who owned/still owns three major league sports teams (Marlins, Panthers and Dolhins in Florida).

Huizenga is all about: renting stuff (stadium seats, garbage containers, tapes, water coolers), service businesses, leverage, dealmaking/acquisitions and speed. Great read and only a couple of $ used on Amazon.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have A Little Faith by Mitch Albom

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

BurnBright

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
Are You Ready to Succeed? by Srikumar Rao
Very good book judging it by the first 5 chapters. Here is a video of him at Google's campus. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u20vVbhpM50]YouTube - Leading@Google: Srikumar Rao[/ame]

Innovation tournaments by Christian Terwiesch and Karl T. Ulrich
Just got this thought it may be useful to narrow down business ideas to focus on.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill ... for the 3rd time. But the last time was over 15 years ago.

Funny what you hear that you missed the first times.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Mexico James Michener and...

Knitting with Handspun Yarns I know. SOOOOO geeky. ;)

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
An Ordinary Man by Paul Rusesabagina

Here are a few quotes that I found that are related to Fastlane thinking from this book...

"It seemed that there were multiple ways to solve a problem."

"The idea is to not be noticed in the act of doing something nice for somebody,but, of course, people will notice. People always notice."

"It made them feel appreciated, which is a universal hunger among all human beings."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.