The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
The Wolf of Wall Street and Catching the Wolf of Wall Street. Finished them both in less than a week, great read and excellent business tips if you can get past Jordan Belfort's vanity and debauchery in each chapter. Though he speaks of himself in high esteem, I was fairly hooked after the first page. Highly recommended if you didn't see the film.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

Currently reading: The Lean Start Up, Thick Face Black Heat and What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep Secret. half way through Rich People; 'bout a third thru Thick Face; 30 pages into Start Up. All three of these books to me at least aren't "digested" so well and I have to keep backing up to make sure I understand what I'm reading.

I recently finished cashvertising (also a tough read for me) and Choose yourself which was awesome and I flew through it

Mbc

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 22, 2013
Montreal
The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle. Explains what happens in your brain when you fail and practice intensely at something and why "failure is a prerequisite of success". Dispels the idea of natural born geniuses, e.g. Mozart had 3500 hours of musical training by the time he was 7!

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
"23 Anti-Procrastination Habits" by S.J Scott. Cheap Kindle Book with some powerful techniques. I adopted a self made digital version of the 43 Folders system mentioned in the book by utilizing a Google Tasks and Google Calendars. Working out great so far!

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Mastery by Robert Greene
I would highly recommend it both as a business and personal read. I love it so far.
Ended up buying the Kindle edition along with the interviews companion book. I never paid much weight to Robert Green, but this has completely changed my view. I highly second it.

Dos

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 12, 2012
As a member of the Truly Rich Club I received as my Christmas gift the book

"The Abundance Formula: The Four Simple Steps That Make Good People Rich"

So right now I'm learning the 4 most essential life-transforming steps that can make anyone rich.

By the way, in short the abundance formula is: 100-10-20-70.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azharr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Feb 24, 2013
41Ce3nZb0CL.jpg

all the fundamentals

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
I'm reading Stay Poor-The Idea of Making Money. It's Secret Entourage's book , it has helped me evaluate some things I wasn't facing about being successful on the path of business.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
currently reading founders at work and lovin' it. really good stuff in there.
I'm reading that one now too, so far it's great. Also reading A.P.E. from Guy Kawasaki and James Altucher's "Choose Yourself", both also good reads so far. I like to keep a few going at the same time.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle. Explains what happens in your brain when you fail and practice intensely at something and why "failure is a prerequisite of success".
I read that one. It's great to think that you could in theory, become world class at almost anything with enough work - like 10 to 20 years of focused dedicated "practice".

Allen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 26, 2013
My "book of the month" is The Startup Playbook by David S. Kidder. The book details the inspirations and driving forces of 41 successful entrepreneurs profiling their success. Although mostly tech-related, profiles include non-tech product entrepreneurs such as Sara Blakely (Spanx) as well as non-profits.

My favorite quote so far..."Building a startup will be the home-ownership of the next century."

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
David and Goliath - Malcolm Gladwell

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Currently reading...

The Republic of Tea - The Story of the Creation of a Business, as Told Through the Personal Letters of the Founders.
The Words That Sell Brands, Grip Fans & Sometimes Change History

Also, ordered...

The Barefoot Spirit: How Hardship, Hustle, and Heart Built America's #1 Wine Brand

as recommending by @Mrs. BRKb

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
The E-Myth Revisited.

PJM

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 13, 2013
NYC
I'm currently reading "Mind Wide Open". Recently finished "The Drunkard's Walk", "Reverse Innovation" and "The Wide Lens", I highly recommend reading all three.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Inside the box - Drew Boyd
The 7 habits of highly effective people - Stephen R. Covey
Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
I am currently reading How to Win Friends and Influence People By Dale Carnegie.

Absolutely fantastic book for anyone that would like to learn more about interacting with people.
I chose this book as I was having a few very minor issues with some of my newer staff members and I knew that instead of expecting others to change wasn't getting me anywhere.

Anyway, I use the methods stated in the book on a daily basis and every new technique I learn from the book is implemented to real life situations with remarkable results.

D

DeletedUser394

'No, They Can't: Why Government Fails — But Individuals Succeed' by John Stossel

I have an epic man crush on Stossel hahaha.

Bruh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 31, 2013
I just finished Tony Robbins' Mastering Influence course. Not exactly a book, but fantastic nonetheless.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Recently finished The Republic of Tea - highly recommend if you'd like to get a peek behind the curtain of how that business was started. It's basically a compilation of faxes that were sent back and forth between the founders. You see the brainstorming, philosophy development, idea generation, frustrations, etc.

Just finished Peterman Rides Again - great book on the rise and fall of the J.Peterman Company and lessons learned. You'll learn the importance of great storytelling and sales copy.

Just got in the mail today Wild Company - the Untold Story of Banana Republic.

Next book to read is The Barefoot Spirit - How Hardship, Hustle and Heart Built America's #1 Wine Brand.

Can anyone connect the dots to why I'm reading what I'm am right now? @Mrs. BRKb you're not allowed to guess. :p

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Reading Tribal Leadership by Dave Logan, John King, and Halee Fishcer-Wright. Preparing to go from a "Business" to a "Company". :D

Also going to pick up Lori Greiner's new book that comes out today - Invent It, Sell It, Bank It! - Even though I'm through the process, I'm sure I can get some great stuff out of it. There's also a small chance we might be mentioned in it. (Has nothing to do with getting, or not getting, a deal.)

Just finish Thick Face, Black Heart on the recommendation of many in this forum. Great Book!

And in the process of reading The Master Key System which is basically a book on Quantum Physics. I'm reading this while reading the others because it's like doing a 20 week course. One chapter a week, then do the exercise in each chapter for the week.

Mevolve888

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 11, 2014
Someone probably wrote this already but I'm Reading MIDAS touch by Kiyosaki & Trump. Good stuff.

Reading Tribal Leadership by Dave Logan, John King, and Halee Fishcer-Wright. Preparing to go from a "Business" to a "Company". :D

Also going to pick up Lori Greiner's new book that comes out today - Invent It, Sell It, Bank It! - Even though I'm through the process, I'm sure I can get some great stuff out of it. There's also a small chance we might be mentioned in it. (Has nothing to do with getting, or not getting, a deal.)

Just finish Thick Face, Black Heart on the recommendation of many in this forum. Great Book!

And in the process of reading The Master Key System which is basically a book on Quantum Physics. I'm reading this while reading the others because it's like doing a 20 week course. One chapter a week, then do the exercise in each chapter for the week.

those are good selections. so many things to read, so little time, don't know where to start.

Business books and science books drive me like a teen going crazy over a boyband.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Eventual Millionaire by Jaime Tardy

About 70% done.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the book. I REALLY loved her podcasts and her personality but so little of that comes through in the book.

I bought it on "blind faith" so it's really my fault for expecting something different than it is though. I was expecting more of a "here's what I've learned from interviewing 100+ millionaires" rather than the "how to start a business" book it actually is. I was hoping for more of a conversational read on her aggregated insights, dotted with good quotes and examples along the way.

I'll reserve final judgement until I'm done but so far it has been a rather dull read. Very little personality, very dry, and far too heavy on the "action items" that must take up easily 30% of the book. Probably a great read for someone brand new to the game, but there is very little here for someone who already has their feet wet.

I will say that it's nice to see some forum members here getting some pretty legit mentions though:

- MJ is mentioned on multiple occasions
- GlobalWealth has two or three mentions so far
- Snowbank gets a mention

Congrats you guys! Was certainly nice seeing you get some print time.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013

It's a life changing book. I've also been reading it, currently on Part 10.

You can't help but see the world from a different prespective as you go along week by week...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.