The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
What about Who ows the Ice house have you guys read that one? I read it about 1 - 1,5 months ago and it's FREAKING AWESOME :)

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Find it. You're gonna love him even more!
Great way to find out about his thinking patterns.

I believe that's so valueable. I had the same with the autobiography of Steve Jobs. If an autobiography is written well, you really dive into the thinking patterns of somebody who achieved a lot. You get the life lessons while enjoying your time reading. That's extremely valuable.

I just downloaded Total Recall so it will be the next thing I read! Thank you so much. A few weeks ago I saw an interview with him and I heard for the first time that he had a book. I wanted to read it but totally forgot it. Thank you for the reminder, almost missed a (probably) great book.

I am also getting my read on. Steve jobs, 700 pages. Arnold, 800... I am almost hitting my goal to have read a 1k page book haha

jindo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 28, 2013
Valley Grande, AL
I also finished the autobiography of Steve Jobs. Very inspiring and I think I learned more about business then I read in business books.

I loved this book---especially how he wanted to "Make a dent in the Universe". I would say that, along with Thomas Edison, he certainly did that--- He may have been an a$$, but ya gotta respect what he did in about 30 years...he changed the world we live in.

I particularly loved being reminded about the commercial that APPLE ran way back when (can't remember the year...late 1980's?):

"Here's to the Crazy Ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the
square holes.The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect
for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing
you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while
some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to
think they can change the world are the ones who do."

I have saved that as a NOTE in my iPhone. I read it every time I catch myself thing too Small

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I loved this book---especially how he wanted to "Make a dent in the Universe". I would say that, along with Thomas Edison, he certainly did that--- He may have been an a$$, but ya gotta respect what he did in about 30 years...he changed the world we live in.

Yes, Steve Jobs is a great entrepreneur. Worked really hard, didn't care about passive income and has build an amazing brand. Somebody to look up too.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK
Have any of you read "Third Circle Theory" book?

Reading it now

Reading it now also because of a member on here.

My most overall influential has been Rich Dad Poor Dad...I was young when I read it and it changed my thinking...for better or for worse remains to be seen.

2nd has been Titan. About Rockefeller and his rise to dominance. This book basically made me want to become wealthy just to give back via philanthropy and create a legacy. Hasn't worked out yet but i still have hope.

I'm somewhat drunk while doing this and power is out due to a huge storm so maybe I'll have more suggestions tomorrow....or regrets...

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
"How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It." by Mark Cuban.

It's $3 on amazon and it's like 30 pages long.

I mean... Do I really need to say anything else? lol This book is obviously awesome!

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Rich Dad's Guide To Investing, Book has alot of Fastlane priniciples

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Rich Dad Poor Dad and also just finished reading the latest HeavyHitters magazine motivation stuff too, but like any other successful stories. They just show the results, good stories though check it out. Heavy Hitters Magazine - Exotic Cars, High-end Toys, & Trends MJ should be featured in this magazine

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Actually, the intro was something that I had to show someone who has just gotten a lot of toilet paper.
I'll finish it thank you very much. I read fast and it won't hurt much.

Don't waste your time on that book. Garbage. Just motivational "you can become an entrepreneur" stuff.

G

Guest3722A

Jack Schwager's newest one, "Hedge Fund Wizards" and James Dalton's book on market profile, "Mind Over Markets"

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
I particularly loved being reminded about the commercial that APPLE ran way back when (can't remember the year...late 1980's?):

"Here's to the Crazy Ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the
square holes.The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect
for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing
you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while
some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to
think they can change the world are the ones who do."

I have saved that as a NOTE in my iPhone. I read it every time I catch myself thing too Small

[video=youtube;4oAB83Z1ydE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oAB83Z1ydE[/video]

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Just finished!

How to Get Rich: One of the World's Greatest Entrepreneurs Shares His Secrets
By Felix Dennis

AMAZING BOOK!

KJ1223

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Mar 16, 2013
FRANCE
The wolf of Wall Street, by Jordan Belfort.

Although he made some illegal procedures during his "being rich adventure" it's inspiring to see how a guy, came from nowhere made 47 millions at age 26.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
The wolf of Wall Street, by Jordan Belfort.

Although he made some illegal procedures during his "being rich adventure" it's inspiring to see how a guy, came from nowhere made 47 millions at age 26.
I may have to look into Jordan Belfort, I keep seeing his name come up around here.

I'm currently reading Allen Wong's LifeHacked and Dan Pena's Your First 100 Million. Both excellent reads, both have excellent approaches. Highly recommended so far.

britnidanielle

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Aug 24, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm finishing up MJ's 'Millionaire FastLane .' I also have 'Secrets of Six-Figure Women' on the back burner, and a novel called 'Go Ghana Go.' (I'm a writer & love novels. I'll always be reading/juggling one).

D

Deleted14762

Jordan is the best salesman whose stuff I've gone through, period. Btw KJ he didn't make 47m, he was making 47m A YEAR, he has to pay 100m back to investors now, but his net worth was around the 200m mark before he got burned.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
"Make Millions and Make Change!" - Mike Mann.

"The Money Code: Become a Millionaire With the Ancient Jewish Code" - Charles, H. W.

Kindle Bestseller Secrets: 10 Tricks Bestselling Non-Fiction Authors Use To Dominate Kindle. - Doepker, Derek.

Read Their Mind: How To Hear What The Marketplace Wants And Build A Huge Business - Krakowski, Sandi.

F430

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 8, 2013
Amsterdam
Im reading Influence by Robert Cialdini at the moment- a good book I must say

others on the list are mostly on writing good non-fiction (for my blog) and I want to get some on software development soon too

I think for someone my age Ive read a lot (prob around 300-400 (nonfiction) and Ive learned 2 things:

-I used to read 4-5books at the same time, now I just stick to one, focus, finish, and THEN continue with the next one- much more effective
-Its better to read more nonfiction on hardskills than softskills in the end (e.g. software dev.) I feel though a lot of the softskill oriented books have truly enriched my life

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.