The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Dora Wi

New Contributor
Aug 19, 2020
Hungary
If you didn't start to learn yet, you can check The No Nonsense Forex Youtube channel, It give an algorithm to follow in you trading. I really recommended, I'm sure it will help you a lot like many other traders.
Thanks so much, I have saved it, I'll check it out :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
Thoughts on the book? Is it Google
Ads specific or more broad strategy? Applicable across businesses or specific to one industry? (Ecom only, local service biz only, etc.)
The physical book is going for $8o on US Amazon but kindle is $9. Is the book heavy on pictures and graphics or am I safe to get the kindle version?

Andy Black

Dad, Husband, Inbound Marketeer
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thoughts on the book? Is it Google
Ads specific or more broad strategy? Applicable across businesses or specific to one industry? (Ecom only, local service biz only, etc.)
The physical book is going for $8o on US Amazon but kindle is $9. Is the book heavy on pictures and graphics or am I safe to get the kindle version?
I whizzed through it and it’s short but packed. No images that I recall. It should be good for Kindle. I liked the book. I’ll be trying some of the strategies on Google Ads as well as Facebook Ads.

Barracuda

Contributor
Jul 2, 2020
The Promenade Towers
Ultra learning by scott h young. It's a book about increasing your comprehension speed and learning speed. You'll learn a lot from it, I've already learnt so much so far. If you can implement the principles stated in this book. You can learn anything quickly and comprehend better. I highly recommend

Jessica1q

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2020
Canada
yo he is fake guru u gotta watch debate him and jordan Belfort he his a$$ ripped him he cant even talk techincal term with him !! Be on the watch u are following jerk >>>

runnaboi

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing and Blue Ocean Strategy...

Once they are finished, got 12 Rules for Life to finish.

Last edited:

Raja

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
Does anyone read 4 hr body?

can you please give a zest of it and is it worth a read

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Going to be reading Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg next. Heard from a reliable source (T Harv Eker's son) that this is a great book

SPM_ENT

Contributor
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
Just got done with Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. That and Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss are my favorites of the year. Moving on to Tribal Leadership by David Logan.

Hadrian

Celtic Whispers
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I know Atomic Habits has been mentioned before but I have it on Audible and print now and would highly recommend you read it in conjunction with Deep Work by Cal Newport.

1.) Atomic Habits (James Clear)
2.) Deep Work (Cal Newport)

Here's a brilliant interview with both of them:

https://soundcloud.com/jamesclear%2Fjames-clear-and-cal-newport View: https://soundcloud.com/jamesclear/james-clear-and-cal-newport

"You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems."
~ James Clear (Atomic Habits)

runnaboi

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 25, 2020
Australia

I read it some time back. Everyone has a different style of writing they enjoy, and not every eating style suits everyone. I didn't enjoy reading it, nor did I enjoy the slow carb diet. That being said, if followed I am sure you will get results.
The one thing that I did take away and occasionally still use is his suggested sleep stack - melatonin, magnesium, poppy seed extract and huperzine-a. I am a cancer survivor and struggle with pain a lot. Because of that, I struggle to sleep well. But of everything I have tried, that stack of supplements 30 mins before lights out is the best.
The other point to make is that he makes claims as to the amount of muscle he quickly gained. I think that claim is legit, but take it with a grain of salt. He had previously been muscular, which makes it easier to gain muscle back.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ

So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love​

by Cal Newport

-Great read, I'm often reading multiple themed books simultaneously so I've got a few generic creativity books going right now as well as "start with why", basic premise is that "follow your passion" is terrible advise.

The overarching focus seems to be for "careers" but its simple enough to make the jump to business ownership, one interesting correlate is "career capital" , getting really good at one thing (so good, in fact that you can't be ignored0 well what's the obvious translation here? , a filthy amount of value on offer.

Which seems like common sense but I feel we sometimes get a bit ahead of ourselves (hence all the "metoo" businesses and people trying to catch falling knives / entering on the back end of a fad)

Huge overlap with "control" (from CENTS) , in fact the author digs into this enough - with examples so that in terms of weighing the value of any of the CENTS facotrs in building a business you might want to give extra attention to control (because you'll just enjoy the process that much more)

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Last month, I started reading "12 Rule for Life" by Jordan Peterson. It's very insightful and my first read for this year of 2021.
JP is an interesting man. I might give that a go.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I'm currently reading "The creative habit" by Twyla Tharp. A book about being a creative person, but for an artist. At the beginning I thought that this book was not for me, but near the end it's started to growth in me.

One of the nugget that I found is to do things that you don't want to do, no matter how small there are. So later you can confront problems more difficult.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I bought Atomic Habits and it arrived today. I was following the author James Clear on twitter, he tweeted something interesting and added a link to his mailing list, so I signed up. A day later I got an email that the book was 50% off and if I sent through proof of purchase I would receive bonus material and chapters. Clicked through, purchased, emailed, and got the bonus material.

I wanted to buy it anyway but his funnel was impressive, 1 tweet and I'd bought his book a day later.

YouCanDoThis

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 2, 2021
The Netherlands
I bought Atomic Habits and it arrived today. I was following the author James Clear on twitter, he tweeted something interesting and added a link to his mailing list, so I signed up. A day later I got an email that the book was 50% off and if I sent through proof of purchase I would receive bonus material and chapters. Clicked through, purchased, emailed, and got the bonus material.

I wanted to buy it anyway but his funnel was impressive, 1 tweet and I'd bought his book a day later.
Finished Atomic Habits before I continued on to TMF and ended up here. Funny, that!

I think it’s a great book. Nothing particularly revolutionary in the theory department, but it shines because it summarizes other books nice and tightly, and boils them down to *actionable* steps more so than, say, Duhigg.

Fenrir

New Contributor
Jan 3, 2021
I am interested in The 48 laws of power. Is it worth reading or just time waste ?

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

Lyinx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA

Look it up on Amazon and read the reviews, that often gives you a good idea of what it's about

mssharlenes

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 11, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
I recently finished reading The Five Second Rule by Mel Robbins. It was an easy read, and pretty repetitive. Despite that, the simple "starting ritual" at its core helped me overcome procrastination. Something that no other book has reliably done.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
How much it will cost if I go for a new setup. I was looking for such ideas and I want to take...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom