The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

LordGanon

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Business: Scientific Advertising - Apparently, it's a must read, and I must say that it is like fresh, old wind in between reading the newer stuff of marketing gurus.

For fun: The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick - PKDs take on mysticism and gnosticism heavily resonates with me, and I made a lot of similar experiences.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Jazzcat

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
Start Up Stories: Lessons For Everyday Entrepreneurs - Steven Phelan

A read and discuss book with my nephew..he is still in high school (grade 11)...he found it and wants to chat about it...I'm encouraged.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Trying to decide between...

The Book on Negotiating Real Estate

SPIN Selling

The Compound Effect

Built to Sell

Getting to Yes

Anybody wanna weigh in? The critical path for me right now is reaching out my existing network trying to get my biz off the ground.
The Compound Effect is great

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Since I’ve not been the best goal setter in the past, am currently reading Goals! by Brian Tracy. It’s good and I’d recommend it

Alleghenyman

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Nov 18, 2019
You made me get Storyworthy from Audible and I’ve been enjoying it so far. As a young man I wanted to be a writer but I struggled to find a story I wanted to tell. As a grown up I’m realizing how much of what we do every day depends on providing a narrative sequence that resonates with our audience.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
About to begin Start with why by Simon Sinek. Been looking forward to this one for some time now.

Mr.Valentino784

New Contributor
Aug 17, 2020
St Vincent and the Grenadines
I will be honest majority of the advice that books has is tactics about warfare and about life. But an old saying goes pick sense out of nonsense, you can use some of those strategies in business once you understand the book properly.
I read it too, and I must admit I was disappointed because so many said it taught skills relevant to business, life, or whatever but it’s literally combat tactics.
Some of them could be extrapolated to competitive practices or negotiations but overall, it wasn’t as relevant as I expected. But idk! What was your take on Art of War?
will

Ocean Man

You can do it.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I just finished reading My Life and Work by Henry Ford. I highly recommend this book. And I’m close to finishing Goodbye, Things by Fumio Sasaki.

S.Y.

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
You made me get Storyworthy from Audible and I’ve been enjoying it so far. As a young man I wanted to be a writer but I struggled to find a story I wanted to tell. As a grown up I’m realizing how much of what we do every day depends on providing a narrative sequence that resonates with our audience.
Glad to hear that.

Stories are everywhere. And they are powerful.

His homework for life has been a game changer for me. I have many moment I was able to see. And I wouldn't have paid attention to them before that. That alone is invaluable.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom