The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are Some Examples of High Income Skills?

malphax5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 16, 2018
USA
First off, according to Dan Lok, a high income skills is any skill that helps you generate $10K a month or at least $100,000 a year. I know for sure that it can be any skills like coaching, copywriting, and public speaking. As long as those gets you the amount stated above.

I just want to know what other high income skills out there from common to uncommon and please share your thoughts on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
First off, according to Dan Lok, a high income skills is any skill that helps you generate $10K a month or at least $100,000 a year. I know for sure that it can be any skills like coaching, copywriting, and public speaking. As long as those gets you the amount stated above.

I just want to know what other high income skills out there from common to uncommon and please share your thoughts on it.

Influencer

Doctor

Lawyer

Maketing

All of these have potential if done right.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Are you willing to do this?

"The past is consumed in the present and the present is living only because it brings forth the future." James Joyce​

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Consulting.

If you're a "go to guy" on some topic, the rates you can charge are obscene. It's a basic leverage thing: a company taking up some project worth $5M if it succeeds and -$5M if it fails has no problem paying $500/hour for a week with an expert consultant if it could mean the difference. $20k is chump change at that level.

If it's in demand, there is some guy raking insane cash on it because he's gotten know as the "go to guy" in that thing. Doesn't matter what it is. Doesn't have to be the cliches you hear everywhere on the internet, like sales or "closing" as they've douche-bagged it.

Aside from that and the usual internet & tech stuff, there's everything from pilots, teachers, trainers, translators, chefs. But they, and that Dan Lok guy, all have one thing in common: penetrating the top-end. In his case, by succesfully marketing himself as "the best" copywriter out there, even though he's from HK and still makes grammar mistakes when he talks.

There's translators making $10/hour, and translators making $100/hour. The difference is positioning, specialization, self-marketing, reputation & referrals, and so on, and skill. One translator may slowly work through general stuff, putting his services up on fiverr and getting paid a pittance. Another one can blast out a perfect translation in a particular in-demand market niche, and has to keep upping his rates as his time is outstripped by eager clients.

Or to put the answer more succinctly: "if you get the answer on which skill niche to pursue from a website, it's wrong". It takes much more work than that.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
another good high income skill is process creation and effective resource allocation.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This thread makes no sense at all.

Many skills can be high income skills. It’s not about the skill, it’s about you.

Sales can be high or low income. Can you sell $1M/yr SAAS or $30k cars. Same skill, different levels of skill.

Same can be said for being a lawyer, doctor, programmer, etc... Are you an average one or a top 5% one? One makes $100k and another makes $1M.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
hmm...interesting. Could you tell me more about what it is?

> prospecting:

Get out in front of the relevant people by any of the below:
-referrals
-direct response(online (ppc(FB, adwords, bing), ppv(crappier popups usaully, cpm(display ads on certain sites for a set amount of views per thousand), magazine, radio, direct mail)
-craigslist/classifieds
-social media
-cold calling (door to door or over the phone)
-trade shows

> closing:

-having done decent qualifying of prospect
-coming off as person of integrity who isn't a Jordan Belfort wannabe.
-already having demonstrated proof of claims.
-noticing when to shut up and lead them to the dotted line/online shopping cart.

If you do your prospecting and presentation well, a hard bullying type of close actually tends to be counterproductive in most industries. As far as the "master closer" phrases go, don't get too tied up in them.

Some people literally just say, "That about sums things up, let's do this then." Of course there are more polished ways to do it, but don't worry about it at this stage. Your actions will sell more than your words.

PS: Screw 95% of what you read in books. What someone is writing vs. how things work will only become clear when you have tried things for yourself. That's why TMFL and Unscripted talks about the process so much.

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Lol I just watched that video earlier today.

Learn from Dan Lok. Study the stories he tells and the way he speaks. Study how he structures his funnels.

Effective applications of the techniques he uses on people is an example of a high income skill, one that people will gladly pay you $100/hr for.

Those same applications can be used to scale a business.

Adeoluwa Adejumo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 31, 2017
Consulting.

If you're a "go to guy" on some topic, the rates you can charge are obscene. It's a basic leverage thing: a company taking up some project worth $5M if it succeeds and -$5M if it fails has no problem paying $500/hour for a week with an expert consultant if it could mean the difference. $20k is chump change at that level.

If it's in demand, there is some guy raking insane cash on it because he's gotten know as the "go to guy" in that thing. Doesn't matter what it is. Doesn't have to be the cliches you hear everywhere on the internet, like sales or "closing" as they've douche-bagged it.

Aside from that and the usual internet & tech stuff, there's everything from pilots, teachers, trainers, translators, chefs. But they, and that Dan Lok guy, all have one thing in common: penetrating the top-end. In his case, by succesfully marketing himself as "the best" copywriter out there, even though he's from HK and still makes grammar mistakes when he talks.

There's translators making $10/hour, and translators making $100/hour. The difference is positioning, specialization, self-marketing, reputation & referrals, and so on, and skill. One translator may slowly work through general stuff, putting his services up on fiverr and getting paid a pittance. Another one can blast out a perfect translation in a particular in-demand market niche, and has to keep upping his rates as his time is outstripped by eager clients.

Or to put the answer more succinctly: "if you get the answer on which skill niche to pursue from a website, it's wrong". It takes much more work than that.
F*cking awesome i get tired from hearing sales all the goddamn time...if you just wanna make a quickbuck then sure its the best

Adeoluwa Adejumo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 31, 2017
This thread makes no sense at all.

Many skills can be high income skills. It’s not about the skill, it’s about you.

Sales can be high or low income. Can you sell $1M/yr SAAS or $30k cars. Same skill, different levels of skill.

Same can be said for being a lawyer, doctor, programmer, etc... Are you an average one or a top 5% one? One makes $100k and another makes $1M.
I wanted to go as far as say something as intangible as thinking big

• strategy/partnerships/JV
  • networking
  • hiring / motivating employees
  • raising funds
  • marketing
  • technology

basically all those things are departments in a fortune 500

Last edited:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Yeees....the only difficulty is to find this gold nuggets :D

Pay people to source them, then. I think you can buy in most skills. :)

Now, I know there are those who look at property sourcing (find below market value distressed property) sell to people who are cash-rich flippers of distress properties.

There are also companies in Administration and Liquidation which I imagine could be gold mines, if you knew how to improve them. I seem to recall reading something about (I think Richard Branson) buying a company for £1 (plus a portion of the debt liabilities) and turning it round. Since the creditors had much more faith in his ability to pay and turn around the company.

Knowing some corporate debt collectors, I have some second hand connections to 'distressed' companies.

The difficult part is, finding people who want to buy them and have their cheque book in hand.

From my whatsapp chats I understand there are a lot of offers of virtual mergers and gradual buyouts/ owner equity deals, but very few cash (Or cash equiv) offers. When the wolves are at the door, they need a free cash deal (even at a lower valuation (or £1 for the lot) to starve things off.

Especially as they may well be on the hook personally (director's guarantee is on practically all UK loans) for the debt. They might be worried about losing their house.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
If you have strong technical ability AND strong communication skills, there are good opportunities in technical training. I make $1000/day teaching classes on high-tech high-dollar computer systems. It would be a perfect setup except I don't have much Control. I have to work through a company that owns the IP and runs the classes, and take the classes they give me. If I could work 200+ days a year I'd be very happy with it. Even as it is, it's a damn nice setup. It's not Fastlane but it's a good gig.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
If you have strong technical ability AND strong communication skills, there are good opportunities in technical training. I make $1000/day teaching classes on high-tech high-dollar computer systems. It would be a perfect setup except I don't have much Control. I have to work through a company that owns the IP and runs the classes, and take the classes they give me. If I could work 200+ days a year I'd be very happy with it. Even as it is, it's a damn nice setup. It's not Fastlane but it's a good gig.

Save up some money.... like $30k.... then hire a digital agency that knows how to build proper converting funnels.

I believe you could record one of your classes (you could do it outside the company's facilities in a recording studio) and sell it as a online class that people can watch from home at their own convenience (instead of it being live). The digital agency would turn your recording into a product (webinar), set up a funnel for you, create ad campaigns.... then run ads for you via FB ads .... let's say you sell the course for $100/pop. You'd only need 10 seats per day sold to make the $1000 (of course you need to think about cost of ads - so maybe go for 20 seats per day and try to spend no more than $20-30 to get one of those seats sold).

Boom, you've got more control now. You own the domain, you own the webinar/video/digital product. And you have the power to fire the agency and have someone else run the ads for you.

Do some research on youtube ... I'm sure you'll be able to find some useful info on webinar sales funnels.

Local Facebook Advertising Case Study

Build The Perfect Conversion Funnel | Three Types of Conversion Funnels

How to Build Real Relationships with Automated Campaigns | Traffic Temperature

Last edited:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Every other skill listed in this thread hinges on this skill before it's worth a penny.

A phenom software architect, that builds his own os, can be living in mom's basement; a mediocre web dev, with a stolen idea, can create a global empire by selling himself and his system.

Edit: My first rep plus. Thanks Scot! I'll pay it forward.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.