The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC What Are Some Examples of High Income Skills?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I believe you could record one of your classes (you could do it outside the company's facilities in a recording studio) and sell it as a online class that people can watch from home at their own convenience (instead of it being live).
Good idea in theory. In practice the company can (and HAS in the past) shut down people doing that sort of thing. They say they own the IP and you can only use it with their permission -- trademark issues, etc. And they don't give permission unless you're working through them.

I looked into doing something like this (starting with a Udemy class) but I decided the chances of getting cut off at the knees made it too risky.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
Lawyer.

I have worked for a lot in the last few years and I have seen how much they make from that job alone. Many have other passive incomes such a being a landlord.

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Building profitable businesses that can run without you.

That’s the skill I’m working on...

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
Leadership. Because every other skill implies trading time for money.

Kak, you are one of few (if not the only one) on this forum who are constantly preaching about leadership and only leadership but somehow this subject is avoided (correct me if I'm wrong).
Web development always seems more interesting. Don't get me wrong web development is great but not as great as leadership.
Three months ago I saw some of your regular posts about leadership and since then I am completely wrapped in with this "path" of leadership. I would love to see my team growing with a burning desire in their eyes, the glimpse of a better life, purpose, and life without the fear.

Now,

I am lost. Where do I go? Read another book, learn more about business, collect more ideas? I would be really thankful if you can point me in the right direction.
What not to do?
What to do?
Where do I start?
How do I start?
How to get real-life experience as soon as possible?
Is it possible to start learning leadership right from the bottom?
Should I start with investing right at the beginning?
What books are essential?
What skills should I pick up (At the moment deeply interested in negotiation and mindset)? Leadership:D

Thank you for investing your time to read this comment. Sorry for so much questions.

Last edited:

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Dec 31, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Solving a problem and providing value to your customer is the main skill.

How you provide value is by identifying an actual real life problem that exists among participants within a given market, we call this your niche, and then we identify this widespread problem, we understand it, and then we seek to solve it with a solution which is our product, or our service, or what we are offering to people. Now the bigger the problem, the bigger the business. The bigger the problem you solve, the more money you will make, the more customers you will have. And so if you want to grow a big business and make a lot of money you should really aim to find a really big problem that's extremely painful, that a whole lot of people have. And then you should aim to provide the best possible solution to that problem. Because this is basically the formula.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Easy to find out.

Step 1. Produce a bunch of fake BS resumes for random jobs with random skillsets and post them on job boards in various cities using a different email/phone number for each using a throwaway service.
Step 2. See how desperately recruiters try to call each of the numbers and what salary they say they can get you.

That's it. Much harder than posting "tell me duh high incomes skilz!" though.

Of course what you'll then find is phrases like "cardiologist", "IP lawyer", "helicopter pilot", and "AI engineer" seem to get oddly high offers. Shame though, wishful thinking and internet blather can't actually get get you into those positions...

What's your high income skill?
Oh, I provide consulting on how to reduce churn, saving my clients millions of dollars a year. You?
I humility stuff.

Chance of success in business: zero

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Guys just a heads up - the summer deal is gone end of this month. And since I always get asked...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Yo! In 24 hours my Udemy courses go bye bye.. (for real this time) Gotta make way for...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom