• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What Are Some Examples of High Income Skills?

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by malphax5, Jul 9, 2018.

1. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,413
    If you have strong technical ability AND strong communication skills, there are good opportunities in technical training. I make $1000/day teaching classes on high-tech high-dollar computer systems. It would be a perfect setup except I don't have much Control. I have to work through a company that owns the IP and runs the classes, and take the classes they give me. If I could work 200+ days a year I'd be very happy with it. Even as it is, it's a damn nice setup. It's not Fastlane but it's a good gig.

babyballer and LittleWolfie like this.
  2. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,122
    Engineering

CROJosh likes this.
  3. Frandollow

Frandollow New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $31
    Not bad!

4. 100k

100k Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,424
    Save up some money.... like $30k.... then hire a digital agency that knows how to build proper converting funnels.

I believe you could record one of your classes (you could do it outside the company's facilities in a recording studio) and sell it as a online class that people can watch from home at their own convenience (instead of it being live). The digital agency would turn your recording into a product (webinar), set up a funnel for you, create ad campaigns.... then run ads for you via FB ads .... let's say you sell the course for $100/pop. You'd only need 10 seats per day sold to make the $1000 (of course you need to think about cost of ads - so maybe go for 20 seats per day and try to spend no more than $20-30 to get one of those seats sold).

Boom, you've got more control now. You own the domain, you own the webinar/video/digital product. And you have the power to fire the agency and have someone else run the ads for you.

Do some research on youtube ... I'm sure you'll be able to find some useful info on webinar sales funnels.

Local Facebook Advertising Case Study

Build The Perfect Conversion Funnel | Three Types of Conversion Funnels

How to Build Real Relationships with Automated Campaigns | Traffic Temperature

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Chapas, Mr.C, CROJosh and 1 other person like this.
  5. broswoodwork

broswoodwork Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $479
    Every other skill listed in this thread hinges on this skill before it's worth a penny.

A phenom software architect, that builds his own os, can be living in mom's basement; a mediocre web dev, with a stolen idea, can create a global empire by selling himself and his system.

Edit: My first rep plus. Thanks Scot! I'll pay it forward.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Scot and LittleWolfie like this.
  6. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,413
    Good idea in theory. In practice the company can (and HAS in the past) shut down people doing that sort of thing. They say they own the IP and you can only use it with their permission -- trademark issues, etc. And they don't give permission unless you're working through them.

I looked into doing something like this (starting with a Udemy class) but I decided the chances of getting cut off at the knees made it too risky.

7. CROJosh

CROJosh Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $392
    Humility, Empathy, Gratefulness, Dogged Persistence, Resourcefulness and the ability to get out of your own way.

404profound likes this.
  8. Zcott

Zcott Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,308
    Lawyer.

I have worked for a lot in the last few years and I have seen how much they make from that job alone. Many have other passive incomes such a being a landlord.

9. SunnyN

SunnyN New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    But, monetizing it is a challenge. What's ur take on this?

10. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,212
    Leadership. Because every other skill implies trading time for money.

CaptainAmerica, Roz, Thoelk and 3 others like this.
  11. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $174,765
    Building profitable businesses that can run without you.

That’s the skill I’m working on...

12. Hijena1

Hijena1 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $385
    Kak, you are one of few (if not the only one) on this forum who are constantly preaching about leadership and only leadership but somehow this subject is avoided (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Web development always seems more interesting. Don't get me wrong web development is great but not as great as leadership.
    Three months ago I saw some of your regular posts about leadership and since then I am completely wrapped in with this "path" of leadership. I would love to see my team growing with a burning desire in their eyes, the glimpse of a better life, purpose, and life without the fear.

Now,

I am lost. Where do I go? Read another book, learn more about business, collect more ideas? I would be really thankful if you can point me in the right direction.
    What not to do?
    What to do?
    Where do I start?
    How do I start?
    How to get real-life experience as soon as possible?
    Is it possible to start learning leadership right from the bottom?
    Should I start with investing right at the beginning?
    What books are essential?
    What skills should I pick up (At the moment deeply interested in negotiation and mindset)? Leadership:D

Thank you for investing your time to read this comment. Sorry for so much questions.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 3:34 PM
  13. Jonathan Hoch

Jonathan Hoch Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,723
    Developing systems.

Specifically, systems that you can plug in freelancers OR employees to operate, while observing and achieving an expected level of quality.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.