The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What’s your red and green flags?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
(If you add a red then please balance it out with a green.)

Red: Promising to “reveal” “secrets”.

Red: “Sign up to our live webinar” - when it’s blatantly a recording.

Green: Getting to the point fast.

Green: Manners. Saying please and thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74396

Red flag: I made $4000 in my first week with ClickFunnels, here's how you can too!

Green flag: It's not easy but if you work hard on this thing, you can make money

I got sucked into ClickFunnels by a guy who I later did a little investigation on and found that from day 1 they were claiming to have made $4000 in a week from referrals.

I should do a post on it next week, I discovered that many of the top affiliates only got to that position with false income claims, and grew so quick that the CF team turned a blind eye to it and within months essentially cosigned them.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Red: Someone trying to do business with you and oddly soon stating that they have absolute trust in you and you should do the same towards them.

Red: lying to someone in your presence, showing that clearly that would be done to you.

Green: being nice to colleagues or competition behind their back.

Green: Being respectful with your time and honoring small commitments.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Red: Never taking blame for happenings in life. Just the worse to hear this.

Red: "Not morning persons" - like mornings are the reason to act like a bag full of negative shit. Goes together with the first one I think.

Red: Lack of simple manners. Please, thank you, good morning, saying hello first when you come to the room etc.

Red: Being arrogant when someone has more/better stuff than others. Especially if all of the stuff is being leased/bought with a credit card.
---
Green: Not being afraid to take action. "What's going to happen? Don't know, but I sure do want to find the F*ck out!"

Green: Being able to speak ones mind clearly. Even if it something that someone else doesn't want to hear. And being able to explain it while being positive and constructive.

Green: Having the desire to move, train and take care of ones body.

Green: Desire to learn new things constantly!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Red: Amazing trick to gain 500$ per minute, get paid to flush your toilet.
Green: You will have to work hard, endure pain, sometimes you will feel hopeless, everybody around you will say you shouldn't, but after long years of work, you will be rich, and if you loose it all, you will be able to become rich again and again.

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
Red: too many e-mails, adding no real or new information
Red: too long texts, repeating the same,
Red: hyperbolic language, too much of everything...
Red: no eye for detail, grammar faults, tacky design, ... (can be made up by content however)
Red: oversimplifying and patronizing
Red: no transparancy in
A. price (If I have to look for that for more than a few seconds, if it's hidden somewhere deep in the website, many clicks away, or if I'm asked to suscribe first, I get irritated. Unless it's a service that you can ask a quote for.)
B. contact info

Green: passionate language altered with moderation, honesty, vulnerability
Green: statements that are backed up with facts that people can check, and that check out to be true, not exagerated/twisted/invented,
Green: honoring promises
Green: looking at all sides, transparancy
Green: honoring others, including the competition (except that we add something unique and valuable to what the competion does)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Red: PM me.

Green: Here’s how you do it ...

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
Your flags are golden. Also:

Red flag: Download our free e-book.

Green flag: I will teach you X thing in this - clear outlined topics - course.

Curious about why you see free e-books as a red flag. I've created quite a lot of them for clients over the years, and they always include enough substance to be valuable resources for the prospect even if he/she never makes contact again.

I download a lot of companies' free e-books to get a flavor for what they're selling. If they give me a substantial piece with valuable information or insights in that piece, I'm much more likely to do business with them than if it's light and general and clearly designed as nothing but a sales piece.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Red: saying how honest you are.

Green: showing how honest you are by saying or doing actual honest things.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Curious about why you see free e-books as a red flag. I've created quite a lot of them for clients over the years, and they always include enough substance to be valuable resources for the prospect even if he/she never makes contact again.

I download a lot of companies' free e-books to get a flavor for what they're selling. If they give me a substantial piece with valuable information or insights in that piece, I'm much more likely to do business with them than if it's light and general and clearly designed as nothing but a sales piece.
I'm not hating on the technique to be specific, it's just that from personal experience almost all the free e-books I downloaded are copy paste of free material online or basic info and a sales pitch at the bottom. Especially when they require your e-mail so they can hit you with a weekly news mailing list subscription without your consent.

Yes you can use a temp-mail, but most people don't know about it.

Personally I would respect someone who would just tell me: we offer xyz for x amount for x type of (detailed) premium content.

Red flag for me doesn't mean the other party would do it, it just makes me more cautious.
Again it's my personal experience.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Red flag: you need to apply to get into this program and we’re only accepting select applicants
Green flag: here’s the details, if this sounds like something you’ll find helpful, you’re welcome to join

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Red: high turnover or very young staff who have all been there a year or less

Green: loyal people who happily work for them for years

Red: You believe them because of some authority endorsement. You maybe even overlook some discrepancies because you trust the authorities they've associated themselves with.

Green: They've earned your trust. Their word is gold.

Red: People are hiding a lot of information. There's an "inner circle" and for outsiders, basic information is hard to get.

Green: Transparency and authenticity

Red: People are afraid to ask the leader questions. Any questioning is shut down as insubordination and disloyalty.

Green: People feel comfortable asking questions, learning, growing, and even engaging in a little healthy debate.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Red: Huge landing page whereby you can scroll to the end and get the entire message in the last 2 lines

Green: Well designed site with clear information.

Red: Asking leading questions to try and get a "yes".

Green: Asking open ended questions and not being afraid of a no.

Red flag: Download our free e-book.
I'd say this is only a red flag if the subsequent e-book just repeats the info on the website, and leads you to a paid link with no new info. However some of my best info has been from free e-books. Our very own @Walter Hay gave away his ebook and I found it incredibly valuable and at no point did he try and squeeze me for more cash.

Red: PM me.

Only if that is the bulk of the message. Sometimes I say to people "here's how to do it, however if you want to be more specific about your business and get more specific advice, then PM me."

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
When talking to potential clients on the phone:
Red: swearing, asking about the price, people who give unecessary (and unending) details about their life, people that interrupt me while I’m talking / start talking the split second I pause when talking, people who are motivated by fame (event vs process)

Green: People who are interested in learning about how I do what I do for them, that let me lead the conversation, understand it takes time and have time available

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Red flag for me is usually seen pretty easily in their email sequence copywriting.

I'm amazed at the tactics people use to sell to marketers and even more amazed that "marketers" fall for it.

Cheesy as hell most the time. Gtfoh

Green flag: a large majority of what they are teaching/selling can be gathered from dutifully studying their youtube/fb group etc content. I don't really feel like I'm"buying" course information most of the time anymore.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Red: Selling "Success"
Green: ...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.