The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Upleveling - from poor to prosperity - HOW???

Anything related to matters of the mind

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
Here's the thing. I've been working to create a multi-million dollar business.

I've received validation from professionals. My plan is sound, my trajectory is well thought out. I'm 2.5 years into the business.

I have come from the "wrong side of the tracks" (poverty, generational abuse, serious and significant trauma) and I REALLY am stepping out of that persona. I've done a ton of work to heal, grow and recognize the bad thinking patterns, and am now discovering that new avenue of successful, abundant, really awesome projection thinking, I think that's what got me to right here,, right now, asking these questions.

The problem - I have NO IDEA how to surround myself with that Upleveled experience. Like, where is it? Who do I talk to? How do I "feel" that reality? About to embark on Richard Branson's book "Like a Virgin". Stay tuned.

Currently still in the LOW and slightly disheartening 5 figure,, catch-22 of entrepreneurialship - I'm ok with the struggle, I just need some insight in how to step up.

I"ve read a couple posts through-out this forum that have mentioned things like: you can't go from nothing to multi-million, there's steps that need to be taken. Including finding a mentor in that upleveled space - again, where do I find that?

And I listened to "The Great Rat Race" which was VERY heartening. BUT when you don't have $30,000 to toss into a business, what are the alternatives?

Thanks for the feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@SoniaG What if you are wrong?

What if you don't know what you are doing? What if your plan is not sound? What if you need to focus in another area?
You won't get your break continuing to do the 'same thing' that has produced no results.

Take a moment and ask yourself the question above. Seriously. Take your time.

Come back with thoughts tomorrow and then let's build a plan.

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
Hi @SoniaG

I've read that book by Richard Branson and I can't imagine there's anything in that book that will provide answers on how to experience an 'uplevelled' experience of reality. The big takeaway I got from the book was that richard branson is the type of person who says 'Screw it, Lets Do It'.

He likes to jump and figure it out on the way down.

Maybe for you to experience this new reality, you should surround yourself with people living the life you want to live or people living in a similar fashion and you'll begin to take on that experience.

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
Maybe for you to experience this new reality, you should surround yourself with people living the life you want to live or people living in a similar fashion and you'll begin to take on that experience.
This is the defined struggle that I'm currently facing. Finding those people has proven to be a mystery. I'm not even sure where to look. I considered a BNI group - but find that space to be very regimented, and referral specific.

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
@SoniaG What if you are wrong?
Well, based on the proof of concept that I've successfully created - including over 350 practitioners paying me for my various services, platforms and product - I don't think or feel that I'm wrong.
What if you don't know what you are doing? What if your plan is not sound? What if you need to focus in another area?
I do know what I'm doing, I'm using a diverse skillset that I've honed over the past 30 years. I have surveilled the population that I'm working with to confirm that what I've created is what is needed. The websites are still in the early phases, one has been live for 4 months the other 2 months.

There is a potential of evolution and change, which I am totally open to considering, and have been doing so throughout the build of this business.
You won't get your break continuing to do the 'same thing' that has produced no results.
This is the reason for the post - I'm looking to produce results at the organizational level - I'm looking to build an advisory board, and grow.

I also want to discover an avenue to begin engaging in upleveling my experience.
Take a moment and ask yourself the question above. Seriously. Take your time.

Come back with thoughts tomorrow and then let's build a plan.
Thanks for engaging in this conversation, I look forward to seeing where it leads.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@SoniaG
couple of thought paths:

you have 350 customers and only $xxxxx revenue??
and you know what you are doing?
and have 30 years of experience?
maybe i just don't have the full picture..... that doesn't add up.

seems like you are crying out for help and making excuses and wanting someone / some people to come save you. yet i do not see what you are providing in value exchange??

you want to meet a like minded group of badass business people? you are here
you want them to talk to you and help you? help them first

nearly every solid relationship i have built from this forum started by me reaching out and offering to help others. seems to be the same with others from this group.

ask yourself 'why should they help me?' .... give to get

provide value and you will never want! goes to customers, business, relationships, mentoring groups, masterminds, this forum. try it. you got this!!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Well done getting 350 paying customers. Do they pay on a monthly or annual subscription?

It seems you don’t believe you know enough or that you’re good enough.

1) I was once asked “What if you already knew enough? What would you do today?”

2) I once considered getting a business partner because I thought I was “just a techie”. The same guy told me to repeat this helpful line:

“I *am* enough - because I say I am.”

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
Well done getting 350 paying customers. Do they pay on a monthly or annual subscription?

It seems you don’t believe you know enough or that you’re good enough.

1) I was once asked “What if you already knew enough? What would you do today?”

2) I once considered getting a business partner because I thought I was “just a techie”. The same guy told me to repeat this helpful line:

“I *am* enough - because I say I am.”
First, thank you for responding - I've been following your posts on here, and enjoy reading your contributions.

Up until now (just launched a monthly/yearly membership platform) they have all paid annually. We are going into our second year of print advertising and the majority of the current members have signed up and increased their buy (WIN) this year. The members site is still brand new (smell the new car smell new), and I really want to be sure I've created a user optimized platform.

It's a matter of "know enough" for sure. I believe I have the ability to be good enough and even better based on my historical trajectory. I have overcome all the odds up to this point. Full faith in the ability to connect, but where that "connection" is, is a bit of a mystery to me. I am positive the knowledge will present itself. It always does.

Finding professionals who have succeeded and are in that warm six-figure income stage and growing, isn't that the recommended course of action?

In answer to the two points you've made: 1. I would be spending 4 hours a day extremely productively engaging with my members with ALL systems running smoothly. and then I would enjoy the latest adventure I was journeying on! I would have a well oiled machine with the necessary people, engaged in building this business with me.

2. I *am* enough - because I say I am. <--whole heartedly.

As I've connected with business advisors, they do recommend that I "get someone else" in here to guide the organizational nuts and bolts that I keep misplacing.

Thanks again.

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
@SoniaG
couple of thought paths:

$65K revenue over two years
and you know what you are doing?
and have 30 years of experience?
maybe i just don't have the full picture..... that doesn't add up.
The full picture: I've been in sales, graphic design, communications, business management and business development for other businesses for 28 of the past 30 years. Maybe the full journey needs to be shared.
seems like you are crying out for help and making excuses and wanting someone / some people to come save you. yet i do not see what you are providing in value exchange??
I'm hoping for some feedback as to what a growth trajectory looks like. Going from a single solopreneur to a team-built growing business. Not quite certain what you are implying regarding value exchange? is it for my members and paying clients? or is it for someone like you - as I am requesting help (didn't intend to come across as crying and making excuses)? I haven't yet determined what I can offer as a value exchange to you. As I haven't engaged at that level as of yet.
you want to meet a like minded group of badass business people? you are here
you want them to talk to you and help you? help them first
GREAT! that's what I thought, that's why I was glad to finally start a conversation!

I am happy to help, I actually enjoy it. At the moment I'm attempting to keep afloat and find a leg up into this miasma of an Entreprenurial business world. Ergo the post.
nearly every solid relationship i have built from this forum started by me reaching out and offering to help others. seems to be the same with others from this group.

ask yourself 'why should they help me?' .... give to get

provide value and you will never want! goes to customers, business, relationships, mentoring groups, masterminds, this forum. try it. you got this!!
Thanks for your feedback, it was a great moment to say, "hey, what, cry for help, well no, not me, well maybe I am." I'll make some space, come back and see what I can offer to this amazing group.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
To backup ZCP's question, something isn't adding up.

You have 350 annual memberships, and something in the low five digits.

I mean, even $100 a year would get you 35 grand.

$65K revenue over two years

Okay so $100 a year it is...

What are you doing for $8 a month?

And how do you expect to grow, and have staff, and achieve trajectories at $8 a month?

I mean, sure, Netflix started somewhere around there in pricing. But Netflix had a pretty awesome idea that people wanted to tell each other about. And they had a motivated marketplace that hated Blockbuster late fees. And some pretty decent investor backing.

I'm not sure what value you're bringing to the market that you think you're going to explode at $8 a month...

The full picture: I've been in sales, graphic design, communications, business management and business development for other businesses for 28 of the past 30 years. Maybe the full journey needs to be shared.

So you've got this awesome background. And your website is only 4 months old.

So you made somewhere in the neighborhood of 50k, before you even got a website, which if you think about it is quite an accomplishment. But it took you almost 2 years to get that website done? And now there's a second one?

Yeah, I'm not sure how to help you, because I don't understand the box you've built for yourself...

What is the value that you are bringing to your customers? And why are they only paying $8 a month for it?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What is the value that you are bringing to your customers? And why are they only paying $8 a month for it?
If it’s $8/mth then I immediately think of Laurel Portie and adcoachingfor7.com. I love her business model and the way she does things.

I believe she’s got over 1,300 people in her $7/mth membership and Facebook group. They also trickle up to her group coaching and DFY services.

Note that she built her business from the top down (DFY services, then group coaching, then the lowest tier).

Maybe check out what she’s doing @SoniaG. I like her podcast and YouTube channel. Her courses themselves are so long they're unconsumable I find. It’s interesting watching how she manages her Facebook group.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am a little confused as to what you want. Are you looking for ways to increase your revenue? Or are you looking to hire somebody? Your wants seemed very general. For example you mention you want to produce results at the organizational level. I don’t know what that means. Want to start an advisory board. Can you afford to even pay one? Do you hope this board will give you ideas?

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
This is the reason for the post - I'm looking to produce results at the organizational level - I'm looking to build an advisory board, and grow.

I also want to discover an avenue to begin engaging in upleveling my experience.

Why is an advisory board the answer? What will you do? sit around a table debating what not to do and wasting time not taking action?

I don't know if your based in the UK but our government here has this ridiculous scheme of 'Levelling up' that sounds good and doesn't mean much. - Try and be specific with what you want.

I'm early on my business journey and you probably couldn't even say I have a fully fledged business as of yet but when I sit here and obsess over getting to the next 'level', I feel desperate and negative and when I change my mind and focus on doing the best as I can right now, things seem to just come together and I move forward and 'level up'

Hopefully something in there may be of help to you

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
I have NO IDEA how to surround myself with that Upleveled experience. Like, where is it? Who do I talk to? How do I "feel" that reality?

I have no idea what you mean with the above.

It sounds like some cult. Drink this and you shall have the "Upleveled experience"! No thanks.

You are here. You are communicating with people on a spectrum from zero to 8-9 figure net worth and larger businesses. What are you offering and asking from the crowd here? What have you done to learn about he crowd here. It seems you are looking for something you haven't yet defined in your own mind. And while it's vague, best I can do is share my own general musings on the matter:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@SoniaG keep talking, keep sharing. you have some AMAZING heavy hitters on this thread. boil it down .... next steps, needs, talk out loud .... maybe join INSIDERS (so you can share specifics) and tag us there? start a progress thread and lay it out there. lot of love in this community!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Prosperous people are not saying the things you're saying.

They are DOING stuff, and the things they talk about are about the problems they are solving.

Your language and thoughts are very self-centered. In a low self-esteem way.

I have come from the "wrong side of the tracks" (poverty, generational abuse, serious and significant trauma) and I REALLY am stepping out of that persona. I've done a ton of work to heal, grow and recognize the bad thinking patterns, and am now discovering that new avenue of successful, abundant, really awesome projection thinking, I think that's what got me to right here,, right now, asking these questions.

"I" "me" "my past, my trauma"

Winners just hop on here and say "how do I solve x, y and z".

Every single person that brings up past problems and trauma, or talks about religion upfront, or appeals too much to emotion, is ALWAYS a bullshitter. ALWAYS.

What do you sell?​

(I'm guessing there's a 30% chance you're in a pyramid scheme by the language you're using)

Let's cut the fat, give you some direct advice on how to make some actual money with your business, and get to work.

All of the people who have built up a lot of relationships here do a few things (I'm just assuming...idk I didn't poll them or anything)
1. very few "help me :( " posts.
2. lots of great advice
3. writing in a direct, clear way.

Move the chains

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Dec 15, 2019
Here's the thing. I've been working to create a multi-million dollar business.

I've received validation from professionals. My plan is sound, my trajectory is well thought out. I'm 2.5 years into the business.

The problem - I have NO IDEA how to surround myself with that Upleveled experience. Like, where is it? Who do I talk to? How do I "feel" that reality? About to embark on Richard Branson's book "Like a Virgin". Stay tuned.

Currently still in the LOW and slightly disheartening 5 figure,, catch-22 of entrepreneurialship - I'm ok with the struggle, I just need some insight in how to step up.

I"ve read a couple posts through-out this forum that have mentioned things like: you can't go from nothing to multi-million, there's steps that need to be taken. Including finding a mentor in that upleveled space - again, where do I find that?

And I listened to "The Great Rat Race" which was VERY heartening. BUT when you don't have $30,000 to toss into a business, what are the alternatives?

Thanks for the feedback.
By the username, sounds like a female entrepreneur? (Me too and on a similar journey).

If so, check out Rachel Rogers' book/podcast. If you're looking to surround yourself with people who will normalize making 6 and 7 figures, check out her Helloseven membership.

Its designed for female and minority entrepreneurs and specifically the challenges we face and how to overcome them (money blocks, charging what you're worth, operations, legal protections, marketing, and much more). I'd start with her podcast...you'll get a sense of whether or not you'll find the rest helpful.

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
To backup ZCP's question, something isn't adding up.

You have 350 annual memberships, and something in the low five digits.

I mean, even $100 a year would get you 35 grand.

Okay so $100 a year it is...

What are you doing for $8 a month?
Not quite accurate. The 65K with 350 people breaks down like so:
111 people paid $199 to be founding members of a business directory website. Some of these paid to advertise as well.
239 people paid to advertise in a physical printed directory.
Next evolution - a monthly or annual membership. 19.97/mo | 39.99/mo | 97/mo
This launches this week.
What am I doing: I am providing online networking, regional printed directories, workshops, professional resources, public awareness, and easier access to a specific wellness sector that has previously been ignored and difficult to find. There's additional functionality that will be made available as we grow.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to help you, because I don't understand the box you've built for yourself...
The Box is determining the right actions to take in order to scale. I'd like to be sure I'm moving in the upward trajectory, and feedback from a group of amazing fastlaners is a definite bonus.

I think @ZCP has a great idea in joining the INSIDERS so that I can go into deeper detail. And start engaging in discussions.

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
Prosperous people are not saying the things you're saying.

They are DOING stuff, and the things they talk about are about the problems they are solving.

Your language and thoughts are very self-centered. In a low self-esteem way.
Very true, my intent was to share a little background - I've read throughout the forums that it takes finding someone who has solved the issue mentioned to be able to solve the problem. My problem being - no capital and self funded - no excess money to start scaling with. (hiring for content, admin and marketing)
Winners just hop on here and say "how do I solve x, y and z".

Every single person that brings up past problems and trauma, or talks about religion upfront, or appeals too much to emotion, is ALWAYS a bullshitter. ALWAYS.
I will definitely beg to differ here. I will solve x, y and z.

I may have taken an initial wrong approach. but I have garnered some attention. And have received some excellent feedback. As a neurodiverse empath, I have a tendency to speak with emotion, although I enjoy writing, so taking THIS feedback I'll be sure to be more direct.

I am NOT a bullshitter, I am an entrepreneur building a business and organization for a specific sector of practitioners and professionals. I'll be sure to tag you on the inside.

What do you sell?​

(I'm guessing there's a 30% chance you're in a pyramid scheme by the language you're using)

Let's cut the fat, give you some direct advice on how to make some actual money with your business, and get to work.
Slicing all the fat: I am selling a membership to a professional organization, which I founded. The professionals served will receive awareness, marketing resources, networking, business building, workshops, seminars, conferences and symposiums. Eventually utilizing data for various lead generation opportunities. (I'm certain there are other opportunities that I've not yet explored)

Nope, no pyramid scheme.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
business directory website
This is the box I was referring to.

Okay. You're running an association. Is your goal for this association to set yourself up as a coach?

Or is your goal for this association to set yourself up as something like a chamber of commerce?

Or is the goal of this to set yourself up as a mini Yelp?

Or are you trying to figure that out?

Either way, I have a feeling this is not exactly a fast lane endeavor. Or perhaps it is easier to say that there are better paths to fast lane.

Nevertheless, this is the path you have chosen, and you have two and a half years of your life invested in it.

Okay, what next?

Traffic. Awareness. Build your brand.

But you're bootstrapping it. Which means you don't have budget for ads.

So content marketing. And it's got to be you. Or you have to have a vision and mission so powerful that influencers will want to help you for free.

Do you have a mission and vision so powerful that influencers will want to help you for free?

If not, you're going to have to create influencers.

Build a culture within the culture.

Identify who your leaders are within this group.

Create a self-reinforcing, perpetually growing movement.

You do this by modeling the behavior you want others to model. There are many behaviors that apply here. But referring to what I said earlier, you start putting out content, get other people to start putting out content.

I can't answer the question of what kind of content, because I don't know the niche and I don't know the industry...

One more thought. If you really want to make this a fast lane endeavor, take all this industry knowledge that you have and are developing, take the money that you are putting together, and develop a piece of software that will spread through this industry as the "must have" thing to help your business.

The army of influencers that you are building will be your beta testers and eventual brand champions to push out how awesome this thing is.

Hope that helps...

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
I have no idea what you mean with the above.

It sounds like some cult. Drink this and you shall have the "Upleveled experience"! No thanks.
My intent with that was to express the opportunity to scale up. from struggling entrepreneur to what the next level of growth can be. I can read about it, but bringing in the reality has been a struggle.
You are here. You are communicating with people on a spectrum from zero to 8-9 figure net worth and larger businesses. What are you offering and asking from the crowd here? What have you done to learn about he crowd here.
this is the gold, and exactly what I was looking for. I've scrolled and trolled sporadically - read all the books and stayed in my introverted shell - not ready until now to create conversation.

Adding time in the Forum to my weekly habits.

Your link and your musings were great reminders of the great power of the mind - currently reading Higher Creativity: Liberating the Unconscious for Breakthrough Insights by William Harman. He speaks from a scientist's perspective regarding the discomfort and unconscious methods of sabotage.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@SoniaG seems a lot of what you need is belief in yourself.
Standard female entrepreneur / staff member.
The world is setup to tell you that you are failing.

In this case, seems like you ARE failing. Is this truly a fastlane opportunity? Or action faking / I have a business type stuff?

I encourage two things:
1. give yourself some credit
... yep, said you were failing AND told you to give yourself some credit. you are trying to make progress. that is impressive. you have continued in this thread. that is impressive.
2. find / read / absorb 10x style thinking
... seems like small ball / sunk cost thinking. you can do bigger than this AND you can do it faster.
... you don't need anyone (to do it for you). YOU need to DECIDE to be bigger / get it done. then find who / whatever you need to get that done with NO excuses.

Now go crush it.

What 3 big massive life changing things will you GET DONE this coming week?

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
This is the box I was referring to.

Okay. You're running an association. Is your goal for this association to set yourself up as a coach?

Or is your goal for this association to set yourself up as something like a chamber of commerce?

Or is the goal of this to set yourself up as a mini Yelp?

Or are you trying to figure that out?

Either way, I have a feeling this is not exactly a fast lane endeavor. Or perhaps it is easier to say that there are better paths to fast lane.
Excellent and a great thought provoking stream of ideas. I don't want to be a coach - specifically because of the time for money slowlane approach.

Figuring it out, 100% Excellent place to be to get there.

Chamber of Commerce - maybe. Mini-Yelp - maybe.

I had anticipated this membership platform would become a mostly self sustaining machine. Meaning, once I developed them, and created my army of content and influencers*, I'd be able to launch a mini-yelp in each state, while the "chamber of commerce" became a national organization/association. And the people of the various niches would happily part with their money to be a part of the directories and organization.

Next is to work on the content, I've been working on the development end of things with little time.

*I do have people willing to advocate and share their experiences - their social influence <1.5K followers.

Although - there is a piece of me that "yelps" at the beast I may have created - initially fully C.E.N.T.S qualified, now - I feel the need to revisit with a possible pivot.

As this would be idea -l I'm definitely interested in developing a piece of software that will spread through the industry as the "must have" thing to help your business.

Funny - 10 years ago, I was prepared to work for the man, so I wouldn't have to put myself "out there".

Hope to see you on the Inside.

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
2. find / read / absorb 10x style thinking
Can you explain this please?
What 3 big massive life changing things will you GET DONE this coming week?
1. Meeting with a financial pro to go over the growth trajectory
2. Continue to build my list
3. Sign up for an INSIDERS Membership

In addition, start asking significant questions that will dial down what the niche I'm working with can best benefit from in regards to systems or software. There is the potential for a pivot.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
1. Meeting with a financial pro to go over the growth trajectory
I don’t understand what this would accomplish? Can you explain what you mean by growth trajectory?

The question you need to ask is why your business directory would be valuable?

What is it’s traffic? Where does it rank in Google?

SoniaG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 21, 2021
I don’t understand what this would accomplish? Can you explain what you mean by growth trajectory?
I'm two years in - I've made a very small amount of money. I would like to see if someone in the financial sector (still new, although I am learning more) can look over the financials and assist me in determining the true growth potential and potential to scale now that I've evolved. From a directory with a list to a potential association of professionals.
The question you need to ask is why your business directory would be valuable?
this question is probably the most important one. until I created it, it was difficult to find this specific group of people. It's been around for 4 months.
What is it’s traffic? Where does it rank in Google?
has limited audience (I haven't paid for any advertising) I have not worked on getting it ranked. in 4 months has had 1250 new users.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm two years in - I've made a very small amount of money. I would like to see if someone in the financial sector (still new, although I am learning more) can look over the financials and assist me in determining the true growth potential and potential to scale now that I've evolved. From a directory with a list to a potential association of professionals.
I don’t see how someone in that sector would be able to look at your current business and tell you anything like that. That’s not what they do.
this question is probably the most important one. until I created it, it was difficult to find this specific group of people. It's been around for 4 months.

has limited audience (I haven't paid for any advertising) I have not worked on getting it ranked. in 4 months has had 1250 new users.
How many visitors does it get per day?

I think this is the problem. You are asking people to pay money to get onto your directory, but you have not worked on getting the directory any traffic. Your work does not end once they paid you to get onto your website.

That would be like you paying somebody to sell your apples into their grocery store, and then they only open up the grocery store from 11 AM to 12 PM.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am selling a membership to a professional organization, which I founded. The professionals served will receive awareness, marketing resources, networking, business building, workshops, seminars, conferences and symposiums. Eventually utilizing data for various lead generation opportunities. (I'm certain there are other opportunities that I've not yet explored)

I had anticipated this membership platform would become a mostly self sustaining machine. Meaning, once I developed them, and created my army of content and influencers*, I'd be able to launch a mini-yelp in each state, while the "chamber of commerce" became a national organization/association. And the people of the various niches would happily part with their money to be a part of the directories and organization.
If you had to simplify and focus on providing just one service or product for your members then what would it be?

What do they want most from the membership? Training? Leads? A community? Industry news?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I agree with biophase, "financial types" aren't going to get you what you want.

My question is, why can't you?

Talking about opening up Chambers of commerce in every state. So how many of your prospects in this industry have businesses in each state?

Start with the state you live in. How many prospects are there?

And then figure out what your revenue streams are. If you're only selling memberships, let's assume 10% of the industry in your state signs up. What's your cost of membership x prospect pool.

There's your revenue figure.

Now do that for 50 states. Viola, you have your "potential".

I made these numbers up obviously, but you can play around with it. What if you only get 1%? What if you get 50%?

Here's the thing. Knowing that figure really does nothing for you.

At the end of the day, you have to figure out how to serve these people. How to provide value they will pay for.

Maybe that's just membership, and like Andy said, what are they getting for their membership?

Maybe it's software like I said.

There's any number of ways to provide value for an industry. The trick is providing the value they will pay for...

But instead of asking us, or asking financial types, the people you should be asking are the ones in that industry. They might give you a money-making idea so genius you can't not do it.

Hth.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.