• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO This is my story (eCom, liquidation event, RE, more)

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by ecommerce_lovin, Mar 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Xeon

Xeon Nessuna macchina per me se non una Pagani Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,037
    Thanks! Will be waiting for your videos! :clap::

2. ZeroTo100

ZeroTo100 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,975
    You and me both brother (ecommerce). Yep, shopify has a plug-in that allows recurring billing made for subscription services.

Be careful with ETSY. I’ve heard horror stories from successful entrepreneurs that started on Etsy doing big numbers only to have their stores shut down because they weren’t “Indy” enough or were too commercial. I guess that’s any 3 party site that you’re sacrificing control over.

3. Iammelissamoore

Iammelissamoore Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,826
    Welcome to the forum,

A Video? THAT has got to be the best intro, AND you delved directly into what you've accomplished and the valuable lessons. Excellent.

You clearly did your homework, along with utilising your knowledg to build your success, and your process, process, process is crystal clear. You got your feet wet, you observed, you made your errors, you learnt, you reapplied yourself, you succeeded and continued the process, now you're sharing healthy information.

Thank you for your information, but moreso, I wish you continued success along your journey. Thanks for sharing the information, absolutely subbed.

4. RobD88

RobD88 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,585
    @ecommerce_lovin Welcome to the forum. I am always amazed by someone your age who has been so successful. At your age I was just trying to figure out how to get to the weekend so I could get out to the clubs.

I guess that's why I'm in the place I am now and learing something new from someone half my age. Kudos to you. I'll definitely be following your videos. One thing you could do for me though...try not to say "um" so many times. Just a pet peeve of mine. It really distracts from a presentation.

Thanks for the posts!

5. ecommerce_lovin

ecommerce_lovin Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,553
    Thanks for the feedback! Haha I was re-watching my videos last night and it was annoying me as well. I will definitely work on that in my next videos

RobD88 likes this.
  6. Prateek1492

Prateek1492 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $14
    Hi
    Would like to connect, how do I do that

Thanks

7. ecommerce_lovin

Rep Bank:
    $1,553
    Hey! Shoot me a PM on here

8. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $310
    You've inspired me to jump into Etsy. We'll see where the dice fall.

ecommerce_lovin likes this.
  9. ecommerce_lovin

Rep Bank:
    $1,553
    Thank you so much! New video dropping tonight or early tomorrow morning on how to find a profitable niche on Etsy!

404profound likes this.
  10. ecommerce_lovin

Rep Bank:
    $1,553
    Hey guys!

Here is the next video in my Etsy Series. In the video, I go over how to find a profitable niche and what tool I use. This is step one in starting an Etsy shop. The next video I will go over how to source the product! I hope you learn something from this video!

Etsy Keyword Tool: http://bit.ly/marmaleadetsy

Let me know if you have any questions, just shoot a comment below.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-pZ_c0aB4U&t=25s

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Mr.C, Scot, Kham and 7 others like this.
  11. Nicoknowsbest

Nicoknowsbest "Next time, there will be no next time" - Eminem Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,953
    Hi Mark,

Outstanding intro, really enjoyed watching it - thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

Your videos about Etsy are great - you have inspired me to get going as well.

Can't wait for more, keep it up!

ecommerce_lovin likes this.
  12. ecommerce_lovin

Rep Bank:
    $1,553
    Hey guys!

Here is the next video in my Etsy Series. In the video, I go over what sites to use to test a product and then what site to use once that product is in need of being mass produced. I also share what apps I use to help speed up the process when communicating with suppliers in China. I end the video talking about a way to Print on Demand with a certain website which is essentially dropshipping but from a supplier in the US.

Sorry, this video was a little rushed. I need to get home and pack for an early Vegas trip. Heading out there for the NCAA tournament. Big college basketball fan! I will be back in my office Sunday and will drop the next video in the series.

Please, comment below with any questions. Sourcing products from China is probably my biggest strength in e-commerce. I have a fleet of Chinese agents that I have built relationships with from the age of 14. These agents can find me the best factory for any product that I may need. So please reach out with any questions!

Have a good night!

View: https://youtu.be/3lwfkcPF2Eo

Mr.C, blakkbox, Scot and 5 others like this.
  13. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $325,251
    Admin Post
    COMMANDMENT OF CONTROL!

@ecommerce_lovin -- having people "DM" you with questions does not help the forum.

There might be dozens of others who have the same question.

When you don't answer questions publicly and instead respond with all "DM me" it's a major red flag that this is a lead generator/sales funnel for a later pitch. I hope that's not the case.

This is a forum for sharing information in a question/answer format -- not question/private DM.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Scot, ZF Lee, NickB and 10 others like this.
  14. Parker fields

Parker fields Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $389
    To add to that, I for one acquire lots of information here by reading. One of the reasons I love forums, FREE Value.

Are you reading MJ's Book "The Millionaire Fastlane"?
    I am wondering if you're just finding high demand products, and reselling them? I can't knock things that work, but I am failing to see where this isn't just a "Me-too" scenario.

How are your products distinguishable from others? Whats to say I find a high volume product like the beanie stated in the video. Find a good supplier and order 500 variations, market this beanie on Etsy, and find I am not any different from all the others ordering from the same suppliers. I'm new to most of this and from my point of view, I can make some money. Would I trust living on this? No. Side income, you bet!

What failures are you having?

15. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,038
    How are you generating 5k/mo on your niche site in just a couple of months? Google sandbox would take a few months to even begin ranking you.

Im not calling bs or anything but i have quite a few niche sites and to nonchalantly say 5k/mo in a couple months off a niche site I'd love to hear more details and see some screenshots because thats unheard of unless you're running a PBN/blackhat techniques.

16. IGP

IGP Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,254
    So, I took a look at your Etsy site and viewed a few of your products. A lot of the reviews look to be fake or at least bought. (brand new accounts, no likes or favorites by the buyers, multiple reviews from the same people named "Harrison Ford", etc.)

Are you doing give-a-ways or something to get so many reviews so fast?

In your videos you say that 1 review is about 10 sales from your experience.

But you have 454 reviews out of 2711 sales, which is about 6-1?

Is this part of the ranking hack similar to Amazon?

More sales + more reviews + On page SEO = higher in results?

17. ecommerce_lovin

Rep Bank:
    $1,553

Very sorry, of course, anyone can ask questions below! Also, edited the old posts to say comment questions below.

ZF Lee and Invictus like this.
  18. ecommerce_lovin

Rep Bank:
    $1,553

I have about 10 or so niche sites set up. I am using techniques that some would consider not to be 100% whitehat. I can get more into detail once I'm back in my office. I will be back this Sunday. Currently on vacation!

19. ecommerce_lovin

Rep Bank:
    $1,553
    Hey good questions. I can get into more detail about this when I am back from my trip, but here is my quick answer.

Most of my customers are the first time buyers that saw my products on google shopping campaigns. So they do not have likes and favorites. Etsy is in a big growth period and they are investing heavily in SEO and advertising campaigns to try and acquire new buyers. Orders are one factor that Etsy uses to move you up in the rankings yes. My next video will be on Etsy SEO.

In terms of the orders to review ratio, it depends on the niche. The 454 reviews to 2711 account is one of my 4 Etsy accounts. The other accounts get 13-1, 9-1, and 10-1.

Please follow up if you need more info.

20. Mainstream7

Mainstream7 Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $850
    I find it more interesting to use Etsy do gauge demand and then build your own Shopify website to regain control.

ZF Lee and ecommerce_lovin like this.
  21. ecommerce_lovin

Rep Bank:
    $1,553
    Yep! I use Etsy as a tool to gauge if there is demand for certain products. And then role them out on my shopify store. Etsy is a great platform to stop on if you are a beginner in the e-commerce game.

ZF Lee likes this.
  22. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,905
  23. Christian949

Christian949 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Very cool! Congrats!

24. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $325,251
    Admin Post
    Thanks man! Much appreciated!

25. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $154,126
    It will be better for you in the long run too...