The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

This is my story so far

IronMike

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 27, 2018
Espoo, Finland
Hi everybody

So I was never really good at school, I got mostly bad grades from everything except English (I'm Finnish), mathematics and philosophy. I never found the passion to study hard, I was more interested in doing the stuff I want to do. And as I have got older (27 now) I notice all my friends who did better at school are now going up in the corporate world. Seems like everyone has finished studies in a university and landed a professional job, at least judging by their Linkedin profiles. I kinda feel sad for them after reading TMF , they probably think they're going places and on the right path to wealth but they're just corporate slaves destined to climb the ladder in never-ending unsatisfactory pursuit.

As for me, I finished high school and went on to study automotive engineering only to find out that the educational system sucks. I almost quit after the first year but then I decided to give it a one last shot by applying for an internship at a local BMW dealership. I got the job, and I fared well but at the time I happened to stumble upon a certain young entrepreneur in YouTube called Robert Himler (RIP). I just wondered how this guy in his 20s can afford a fleet of supercars and how he's gotten there. I did my research and ended up on his forum (FarFromIt) where I quickly expanded my knowledge on entrepreneurship and fortified my beliefs that anything is possible. Soon after, while still living at my parents, I quit my job and started to pursue entrepreneurship full on. I read a few books and started learning how to code, I had a few business ideas, a supplement review website (lol), another website promoting Internet Security and a t-shirt selling company. Needless to say, they didn't make a dime.

My mother didn't get what I was doing and gave me two choices: get a job or go to school. So after pondering for a while, I thought it would be a good idea to go back to school to study IT! I learn to code and also keep my mama happy. Mistakes were made. Basically I went over the same bullshit that I did back in my Automotive studies. I suffered for two years, moved out and quit school. At this point my entrepreneurial dreams were long forgotten. I could only think about getting a job and paying my bills. So for the last 3 years I've worked my a$$ off trying to make a place for myself in the world.

Then one night, it all changed. I was driving home from a friend and thought to myself "is this all there really is?". As I was driving my hyundai I imagined what would it be like to drive an Aventador instead. Something snapped inside my head, at that moment I decided I would do anything to get an Aventador (I know, silly). I got home and instead of resuming my saved game on Witcher 3, I pulled out my laptop and opened my ebook collection. And there it was.. The Millionaire Fastlane . I bought it back in 2012-13 when it was recommended by someone in the late Robert Himler's forum, but I never got to reading it, I was too busy executing my stupid ideas at the time. I started reading and after the first two chapters I felt so stupid, looking back at all the stuff I have done wrong. I was mad at myself for allowing me to slip from my Fastlane in the past. I finished the book and decided there's no other way in life for me, my FTE was that night driving back home to play Witcher. And ever since then (2 weeks ago), I have realigned everything in my life to support my entrepreneurial journey. My mindset went through a complete overhaul, I'm all about that Fastlane now. OFFENSE BABY!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As I was driving my hyundai I imagined what would it be like to drive an Aventador instead. Something snapped inside my head, at that moment I decided I would do anything to get an Aventador (I know, silly).

Some meaning and purposes are silly. I admit, for me it was a Lambo as well.

It doesn't matter as long as it is personal to you and doesn't hurt others.

Once you achieve it, new meaning and purposes will arise.

Welcome to the forum.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 26, 2018
Hi everybody

So I was never really good at school, I got mostly bad grades from everything except English (I'm Finnish), mathematics and philosophy. I never found the passion to study hard, I was more interested in doing the stuff I want to do. And as I have got older (27 now) I notice all my friends who did better at school are now going up in the corporate world. Seems like everyone has finished studies in a university and landed a professional job, at least judging by their Linkedin profiles. I kinda feel sad for them after reading TMF , they probably think they're going places and on the right path to wealth but they're just corporate slaves destined to climb the ladder in never-ending unsatisfactory pursuit.

As for me, I finished high school and went on to study automotive engineering only to find out that the educational system sucks. I almost quit after the first year but then I decided to give it a one last shot by applying for an internship at a local BMW dealership. I got the job, and I fared well but at the time I happened to stumble upon a certain young entrepreneur in YouTube called Robert Himler (RIP). I just wondered how this guy in his 20s can afford a fleet of supercars and how he's gotten there. I did my research and ended up on his forum (FarFromIt) where I quickly expanded my knowledge on entrepreneurship and fortified my beliefs that anything is possible. Soon after, while still living at my parents, I quit my job and started to pursue entrepreneurship full on. I read a few books and started learning how to code, I had a few business ideas, a supplement review website (lol), another website promoting Internet Security and a t-shirt selling company. Needless to say, they didn't make a dime.

My mother didn't get what I was doing and gave me two choices: get a job or go to school. So after pondering for a while, I thought it would be a good idea to go back to school to study IT! I learn to code and also keep my mama happy. Mistakes were made. Basically I went over the same bullshit that I did back in my Automotive studies. I suffered for two years, moved out and quit school. At this point my entrepreneurial dreams were long forgotten. I could only think about getting a job and paying my bills. So for the last 3 years I've worked my a$$ off trying to make a place for myself in the world.

Then one night, it all changed. I was driving home from a friend and thought to myself "is this all there really is?". As I was driving my hyundai I imagined what would it be like to drive an Aventador instead. Something snapped inside my head, at that moment I decided I would do anything to get an Aventador (I know, silly). I got home and instead of resuming my saved game on Witcher 3, I pulled out my laptop and opened my ebook collection. And there it was.. The Millionaire Fastlane . I bought it back in 2012-13 when it was recommended by someone in the late Robert Himler's forum, but I never got to reading it, I was too busy executing my stupid ideas at the time. I started reading and after the first two chapters I felt so stupid, looking back at all the stuff I have done wrong. I was mad at myself for allowing me to slip from my Fastlane in the past. I finished the book and decided there's no other way in life for me, my FTE was that night driving back home to play Witcher. And ever since then (2 weeks ago), I have realigned everything in my life to support my entrepreneurial journey. My mindset went through a complete overhaul, I'm all about that Fastlane now. OFFENSE BABY!

I too had TMF lying around and procrastinated reading it. I put it off by a few years. How I wish I read it earlier. Better late than later tho. Welcome. Time to make it happen bro!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...