The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is a discussion that needs to be started...

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
But I have found that most people will either...

-Be offended
-Be in denial
-Be ignorant
-Be caught off guard

So I'm going to step up and start it.

Hyperinflation is coming and it is due to a flawed society, based in corruption, greed, and the idea that we have unlimited resources. The things that have, at one time made this country the greatest in the world; have in turn sparked the inevitable societal collapse that is coming -- too much of a good thing.

Like people have said on these forums, empires have been collapsing since the beginning of time; and this is true, it's a cycle. BUT with America being the world power that it was, and the way the entire Western World is operating off a monetary paradigm -- we will be alive for the biggest transfer of wealth in the history of time -- which means the biggest opportunity in the history of time.

If you've read Atlas Shrugged or seen V for Vendetta or the Matrix, you have seen this happening on a fictitious level -- but these stories we're built in metaphors as a result of observing our world. Believe it or not America will start seeing these realities within 5 years. The rest of the world is already going through it, look at the riots in Britain and Egypt.

How can you start now, to be prepared for this? Educate yourself; forget what you've been told by everyone and look at things with new eyes, do they make sense? Student loans? Mortgage Loans? Credit Cards?

Start now and build a reserve of gold, silver, and other precious metals. Look around you, why are their CASH FOR GOLD stores everywhere? You can either buy gold for personal possession (Buy and Sell Gold and Silver Online. Gold & Silver Charts, Graphs & News | GoldSilver.com) or for third party storage in holdings (Buy Gold, Buy Silver, Buy Platinum, Buy Palladium at GoldMoney). These are A rated with the BBB -- beware there are a lot of precious metal scams going on right now. The reason for this is because years down the line when China needs to look out for itself and drop the value of our dollar to close to nothing -- our money will be worth just that. But gold and silver are accepted everywhere and by anyone. Money is an illusion.

When the dollar does depreciate and we hit hyperinflation, people will finally get their head out of the clouds and realize -- there is no retirement, social security, or pension coming & the cash or credit they have been saving their whole lives is almost worthless. That in addition to grocery store shelves going bare and competition to survive people will riot here, just like they are in London.

Of course this will all take place gradually, over many years -- but to write it off as paranoia is foolish and by the time it does get bad it will be too late. My intention is not to tell anyone what to do, or where to go -- just be aware and keep your eye on things.

A friend of mine, Gerard Adams, founded the NIA (National Inflation Association). It's free to join and watch the documentaries on their YouTube channel.

Start discussing this, feel free to bring up any questions or concerns. This is important.

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
For those interested in learning more about what actions to take from this point forward look into...

-The Venus Project
-The Zeitgeist Movement
-Anonymous

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
Ryan,

Great post. I follow; Mike Maloney at Goldsilver.com , Stellaconcepts on youtube and have been doing a lot of reading on economics (especially the Austrian school). I have also watched and read a lot from the NIA. Physical gold and silver should be in everyone's portfolio, but at the same time I don't feel a person should put all their eggs in the commodities basket.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, because, as you say, it needs to be known.

speed++

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
Awesome man. Mike Maloney runs Goldsilver and WealthCycles in Santa Monica a few miles from where I work.
There are a lot of people that are in this effort and doing great things -- but the reality is, even with the internet, unless the mass media picks them up-- they go unknown by most people.

We are also trying to make a wide-released feature film based in the concept of The Venus Project here in Hollywood -- and that could be a huge asset to causing some real change. If anyone is interested in donating or investing in that please contact me.

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
Of course, inflation could be a risk but the time horizon can be manipulated by central banks.

The US has an oligopoly on money supply and prices/wages are fairly "sticky"

There is so much demand for US currency that even if there was a significant expansion in money supply, a lot of this would be absorbed by the rest of the world.

The US can get away with a free lunch for a significant period of time because, to be honest, a lot of world leaders aren't that bright (IMHO). The US has some of the greatest economic minds (obviously, some of the worst too).

The US might win an ugly contest for a while vs. the Europe and other major economies.

Also, gold and silver are a joke - what if your central bank says that copper is the new shiny object that becomes a standard? You're just buying into hype - of course there are historical metrics that your metals dealer will try to sell you on.

Of course, there are inflationary risks but they can be easily resolved with monetary policy (at the expense of massive unemployment). Source: my knowledge from acing books authored by Mr. Bernanke, and Mr. Greenspan

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
Gold and silver have been recognized as valuable tender since ancient times. Our constitution says only currency backed in precious metals should be recognized as legitimate.

You can be in any country and trade gold or silver for goods & services. Some countries will not take a $100 bill, because of the counterfeits and low value they see on the american dollar.

If the central bank did decide copper was the next thing, it would not pick up and become reality for a long time. And the change we need does not have room for banks in it...that is part of a monetary system.

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
Gold and silver have been recognized as valuable tender since ancient times. Our constitution says only currency backed in precious metals should be recognized as legitimate.

You can be in any country and trade gold or silver for goods & services. Some countries will not take a $100 bill, because of the counterfeits and low value they see on the american dollar.

If the central bank did decide copper was the next thing, it would not pick up and become reality for a long time. And the change we need does not have room for banks in it...that is part of a monetary system.

Ok I'm out of this discussion - you're basically just stating everything that Peter Schiff/Ron Paul/Doom and Gloomers say and predictably as I said above: "You're just buying into hype - of course there are historical metrics that your metals dealer will try to sell you on."

So paper books were used for a long time too - does that mean that Amazon is lying to us when they say ebooks are outselling paper books (referring to the copper vs gold/silver argument based on historical nonsense)

In fact, I agree with a lot of what Schiff/Paul say but they go overboard on things like this.

I gave you the real other side of the argument.

This is what the doom and gloomers sell:
[Bla bla bla....Inflation explained like a 6th grader] therefore be SCARED AND BUY OUR SHINY METALS OR DIE! (BUY FROM OUR DEALERS THOUGH - JESUS PERSONALLY RECOMMENDS THEM)

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
To tell you the truth, I don't know anything about Ron Paul or what he's said & don't know who Peter Schiff is.

I don't focus on quoting what other people are saying, I take in the information for myself and process it. It takes time and research for me to take something on as my own and believe it. I don't "buy into hype" or "follow any crowds". Nine times out of ten, the majority is doing or saying the wrong thing & blindly believing what they hear other people say. That goes for both sides.

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
What I do know, is that in speaking in terms of incentives -- the people and groups I have mentioned have no incentive or benefit in saying what they're saying, other then the betterment of the world and prevention of harm. Most of them are non-profit.

And the people defending our system to it's death quite obviously have many incentives to be saying what they are saying -- even while there are warning signs all around us every day.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The most important currency if the shit hits the fan will be firearms and ammo. Because if you stockpile cans of food, water and gold and silver. You won't have it long if you can't defend it.

I am trying to understand what society would look like during hyperinflation and YOU will alot of gold. Can you paint a scenario for me? What would you do different? Do you withdraw gold to use as currency How do you buy food, with cash or gold? What if you don't physically have gold?

deSeingalt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 16, 2011
Buy gold and precious metals right now? Not sure if serious... Nothing is going to happen, the world will keep on spinning, stop buying into the fear. Its not the first "crisis" we had and its not the last.
You might as well go join the wall street protest :smx4:

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
Me personally, I start now. Invest in precious metals -- some in my possession and some in trusted holdings. Gather food now, when it's cheaper and no one is paying attention. Think of it the way people with tornado bunkers do & go back to what was important before the corporate industrial revolution. If you have the money invest in companies outside of the Western World.

There are some people who believe gold will hit $5000 and silver $500.

As crazy as it seems to some people, guns, ammo, and other ways to defend yourself in a worst case scenario are smart. And if it does hit that worst possible case scenario, then make plans to go somewhere that wont be hurt by the collapse of Western Society. China will explode and probably buy American assets for pennies on the dollar & the yuan will be worth a great amount at that time.

I'm personally going to South America -- Brazil, Columbia, or Venezuela for the beaches and the women.

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
Buy gold and precious metals right now? Not sure if serious... Nothing is going to happen, the world will keep on spinning, stop buying into the fear. Its not the first "crisis" we had and its not the last.
You might as well go join the wall street protest :smx4:

For people who think this way: Of course the world will keep spinning, and they're won't even be a loss of wealth in the world -- just a transfer. And if you are right, then hey I got a shitload of food and very valuable metal stocked up. No harm there. But what's your alternative?

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Me personally, I start now. Invest in precious metals -- some in my possession and some in trusted holdings. Gather food now, when it's cheaper and no one is paying attention.

This is a very flawed strategy for you. You're not in the vicinity of the game where hedging should even come to your mind. It's wasted time/money.

deSeingalt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 16, 2011
There is no alternative. You cant figure out life but gold is not hitting 5000 anytime soon, for sure. You can not simply and blindly buy precious metals because its the "right thing to do", have you seen volatility of gold for the last couple months? Its not 90s anymore, you cant just buy and hold and see the gains, market can swing either way. When people want cash do you think they will hold the gold?
Guns, ammo, water and food is my alternative. Until then, follow MJs advice and try to impact millions with your product,site,solution,etc.
Today I've read on Bloomberg that iPhone4 set the record for preorders, thats gotta tell you something, consumers are spending, money is out there regardless of "economy". Yes, people are affected but its a bit early to start preparing for the doom and dumping money into gold, canned tuna and guns.

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
27xRV.jpg

cq8RE.png

oFmbb.jpg

Couldn't help it.

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
27xRV.jpg

oFmbb.jpg

Couldn't help it.

You come onto a conversation on a forum for purposed entrepreneurship, about a legitimate current issue in our world, to crack a joke about glasses in my picture?

If you want to oppose the statements and debate that's one thing. You obviously aren't personally aware (other then what other people have said in their lectures and books) of this enough to have a place in the discussion.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Ryan,

I know that you truly believe that having gold and silver is the way to go but let's say it takes 5 years for this to happen. Are you going to concentrate the next 5 years of your life on hedging hyperinflation? Sure you can begin to save some gold and food.

I have a friend who has been doing this for years, probably 5 years. Do you know how old it gets when every conversation with him is about the world ending and how you should prepare? Yes, he has stockpiled food, he has alternative energy, he hunts and has many guns. I am perfectly fine with being prepared, but don't let it consume your life.

I'm not saying that this is where you are, but it's a fine line of living happily if you have doom and gloom on your mind alot. Heck, I sell ghillie suits and I take calls from people who tell me about their bunker and why they need a ghillie suit.

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
You know what...I thought most people were going to side with Ryan on the precious metals.
This was a surprising outcome. That's why I posted the sunglasses. I think his picture probably discredited him.

Either:
1) I presented a more compelling argument,
2) the vast majority of people really already were against gold/silver (unlikely) or 3)
3) Ryan discredited himself with the photo. (most likely)

I actually wish there were more people like Ryan - I think the Zeigeist movement in particular has the most interesting ideas but it would involve conditioning humans to not be so self-interested

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
Absolutely man. People can take anything overboard and always tend to. Everything in moderation.

I still have a life, 2 jobs, girls, and friends...but this is something that needs action to be taken before hand -- even if it's minor planning and thinking. And if everyone writes it off then when it happens, everyone will be rushing to get what's left. The gold and silver is a personal thing, for a secure future and to take care of your family.

What really needs to be done is a shift in the paradigm of people stuck on a system that generations have seen their whole lifetime -- but is obviously very broken and doing more harm then good.

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
You know what...I thought most people were going to side with Ryan on the precious metals.
This was a surprising outcome. That's why I posted the sunglasses. I think his picture probably discredited him.

Right. Exactly, read the words and plug into what's being said. Why does it matter what I'm wearing. To me, you discredited yourself a long time ago by what you've said.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

So based on this video. There is no food at the grocery stores. People are rioting. Dollar is worthless.

If you had gold coins that were worth $6000 a piece, what could you really do with them? how do you get food? How do you get change on a $6000 coin? Silver coins would probably be a better solution.

Who will accept silver for food at this time? If I had 1000 gallons of water stored, would I take a $200 silver coin for a gallon? Probably not.

What would the people who DID NOT stockpile food do? They would try to take it from people who did.

In most of these scenarios, gold and silver are not important. Water and food will be the most valuable to people. And like I said before, if you have that, you will need a means to defend it, making ammunition even more valuable. I can see trading a gallon of water for say 100 rds of ammo vs. a silver coin at that time.

Now if you can stem the tide with the food and water, the gold and silver you have afterwards would probably help you get back onto your feet.

RyanG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 25, 2010
West Hollywood, CA
True. Classes will drop and when your in a town with lower class it will not be worth anything. But the upper will accept it and other countries will. Again, the gold is an investment -- for the future and security in whatever you choose to do. It's not currency to buy food and water.

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
Nothing is going to happen. Stop being paranoid and focus on making money. Paranoid dudes like you are the same people who think about building underground bunkers, buy weapons to prepare for doomsday.

gabrielpark

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 21, 2011
Reisterstown, MD
Personally I think there will be some form of a collapse and I've just started to prepare for it. I've got immediate financial concerns, but once they're taken care of I'm following a lot of the advice found on sovereignman.com and creating a "Lifeboat Strategy" - basically, I'm spreading the wealth around and possibly looking for a self-sufficient, close-knit community to live in. If everything collapses completely there would be (by definition?) no safe places left or places to spend your money, so security and self-reliance would be invaluable. I could not simply leave the country since I have a daughter (unless my ex- agreed to it, and she simply would not...) so I'd basically have to ride it out. Economic Collapse – What to Stockpile, Barter Considerations is an excellent, realistic website for non-survivalists, in my opinion. Also, run a google search for "GoingGlobalReportINT.pdf" and include the "quotation marks" around the words in your search.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.