The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3 Options to Make more Money/CENTS discussion

Idea threads

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023
Hey everyone!

love to hear your thoughts on my current options. Right now, I'm managing a customer success team in Brazil and have a ok salary. However, the vesting period for my stock options is wrapping up. Climbing the ladder to a director or C-level position within my current company might take some time. So, I'm considering:
  1. My aunt owns a company that deals with agricultural resale. It's quite labor-intensive and doest not have TIME withing CENTS framework. Strategically, she has to focus on the selling and buying and this takes a lot of time and it's made on hard times (3am for example). Despite the demanding nature, it's lucrative, and she hasn't chosen a successor yet. I've been helping out with processes, and my family believes I'd be a perfect fit to take over
  2. Exploring opportunities as a customer success manager in the US, specifically aiming for a remote position with a contractor model. With my seven years of experience in Customer Success and Leadership, I'm confident I can excel in this role. The significant currency difference would potentially boost my earnings by fivefold
  3. Currently, I'm offering free mentorship in customer success and have developed a playbook. I plan to transition to a fee-based model and eventually offer courses. While this option presents its challenges, it aligns well with CENTS
I'm also considering pursuing options 2 and 3 simultaneously, although combining 1 with 3 might be damn hard...

What are your thoughts ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jul 30, 2022
I would just do 2 and 3 since you already have so much experience in customer success.

1 doesn't really let you take advantage of your experience/knowledge of customer success.

But I don't really have much context. If TIME is your issue, I feel like every business can eventually meet TIME as the process is refined and automated, but it may just take a long time to get to that stage in your case.

Also, if 1 is doing really well, and your confident you can scale it, then 1 is not a bad option.

I would do 1 if your confident in yourself and willing to take more risk. I would do 2 and 3 if your more confident in 3's model.

MillionDolar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 9, 2024
Hey everyone!

love to hear your thoughts on my current options. Right now, I'm managing a customer success team in Brazil and have a ok salary. However, the vesting period for my stock options is wrapping up. Climbing the ladder to a director or C-level position within my current company might take some time. So, I'm considering:
  1. My aunt owns a company that deals with agricultural resale. It's quite labor-intensive and doest not have TIME withing CENTS framework. Strategically, she has to focus on the selling and buying and this takes a lot of time and it's made on hard times (3am for example). Despite the demanding nature, it's lucrative, and she hasn't chosen a successor yet. I've been helping out with processes, and my family believes I'd be a perfect fit to take over
  2. Exploring opportunities as a customer success manager in the US, specifically aiming for a remote position with a contractor model. With my seven years of experience in Customer Success and Leadership, I'm confident I can excel in this role. The significant currency difference would potentially boost my earnings by fivefold
  3. Currently, I'm offering free mentorship in customer success and have developed a playbook. I plan to transition to a fee-based model and eventually offer courses. While this option presents its challenges, it aligns well with CENTS
I'm also considering pursuing options 2 and 3 simultaneously, although combining 1 with 3 might be damn hard...

What are your thoughts ?
I think it all depends on your qualities and which option generates the most interest. I think option number 1 is very good since you have added value by getting involved in the business and this also entails the experience you have within it.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hey everyone!

What are your thoughts ?

Nothing else.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lou7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 10, 2023

Nothing else.
Even if it means waking up at 2-3 am to negotiate? That's a tought business

She buys potatoes from farmers and sells them to supermarkets (as an agricultural wholesaler).

The buying and selling are strategic, primarily based on relationships and preventing others from swindling her through schemes with the sellers. I'm not sure if this task can be effectively delegated ...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Even if it means waking up at 2-3 am to negotiate? That's a tought business

She buys potatoes from farmers and sells them to supermarkets (as an agricultural wholesaler).

The buying and selling are strategic, primarily based on relationships and preventing others from swindling her through schemes with the sellers. I'm not sure if this task can be effectively delegated ...
Your option 2 has not yet started. Option 3 has not paying customer yet.

Option 1 is a lucrative business that is handed to you.

There is no perfect option. Toughness is an entry barrier. If it is tough for you it is tough for your potential competitors. For the same reasons other young people are unlikely to get into it.

What is tougher? Waking up 2-3 am on a lucrative business handed over to you? Or growing a business from scratch bootstrapping, could be taking years while you making money elsewhere (on a job) to feed the business?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.