The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This guy hates rich people

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I fired her because of WHO she was complaining to (one of my largest commercial clients, as he came in to settle his bill)

If I fired every employee when they exposed their lack of value, I wouldn't have any employees left haha. (serious)

If these jerks want a raise, maybe they shouldn't have stolen $20,000 worth of cash and inventory from me last year.

(and that's with VERY strict anti-shrink processes in place)

Employees are the worst invention ever.
IMO, this case should be quite serious as this mentality, should it be allowed to spread among the others, would seriously destroy your productivity. Imagine your business being run by a group of REBELS....the Empire didn't last very long, didn't it?
Besides she already tried to damage your image.
But you did well. You would not let a rebel get in the way of your value-providing.
If I were your client, I would actually be quite pleased for your vigilance.

Have you found any ways to automate business processes without depending on human resources? To a degree some human contact is still required though.

But stolen? Were the errors and deficits in the accounting cashflow that bad to warrant stealing? Or did you caught them red-handed to verify their thievery?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Have you found any ways to automate business processes without depending on human resources? To a degree some human contact is still required though.

No, it's actually illegal to automate my sales. All sales have to be handled by a human.

But stolen? Were the errors and deficits in the accounting cashflow that bad to warrant stealing? Or did you caught them red-handed to verify their thievery?

Point of Sale Fraud – Stealing Cash Recipts

Very common in retail ^^^

My shrink is well within industry norms based off my gross revenue.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
No, it's actually illegal to automate my sales. All sales have to be handled by a human.

Point of Sale Fraud – Stealing Cash Recipts

Very common in retail ^^^

My shrink is well within industry norms based off my gross revenue.
This might call for the stick or the carrot.
Even if the losses are industrial norms, it's still a damn drain.

I might try to understand my worker's motivations for stealing, despite the strict measures, or just levy pay cuts and firings and rehire eventually to discourage behaviour.
I don't mean to be evil, but I actually kind of understand how we are supposed to deploy the SCRIPTED mindset of the masses....

But how strict were your measures? Still any gaps that they might have punched through, such as time delays for recording data? Some employers have cameras and hidden observers to monitor employees....

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
But how strict were your measures? Still any gaps that they might have punched through, such as time delays for recording data? Some employers have cameras and hidden observers to monitor employees....

33% reduction in store manager's monthly bonus if loss is above allowables
33% reduction in regional manager's monthly bonus if loss is above allowables
100% reduction in all hourly employee's bonuses if store loss is above allowables
Video and audio monitoring, 24hrs a day in all store areas except the restrooms
Video monitoring tied to point of sale to display transactions in real time on recordings
Mystery shoppers trained in theft awareness
Armed security
Typical retail cash drawer procedures including passwords, frequent count downs, and keys
Cash drop logs with signatures
Time lock safes with magnetic entry
Frequent & unpredictable cash and inventory audits by regional managers and owners
Frequent schedule changes to reduce collusion risk
7 day a week paperwork audit by separate office workers to reduce fraud
5 day a week bank deposit audit by separate office workers to reduce floating losses
3 signature system for all refunds, overrings, and paid-outs
No "on-duty" employee purchases allowed
No personal checks from employees

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
This guy's problem isn't that other people are rich, it's that he is unhappy. He has no value added purpose that sustains him through financial ups and down. Railing against the rich is not a purpose. :hilarious:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
100% reduction in all hourly employee's bonuses if store loss is above allowables
Video monitoring tied to point of sale to display transactions in real time on recordings
Armed security
Typical retail cash drawer procedures including passwords, frequent count downs, and keys
Frequent & unpredictable cash and inventory audits by regional managers and owners
5 day a week bank deposit audit by separate office workers to reduce floating losses
Damn! You've got all guards on standby! The fort's tightly guarded and yet they are coming in and out?!
I don't know why, but I smell a rat....
With such measures in place, probably employees in higher positions might allow the breach? This could be more serious in nature. I may be wrong, though, but with all these measures, the losses should actually be a low outlier compared to the average....

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Damn! You've got all guards on standby! The fort's tightly guarded and yet they are coming in and out?!
With such measures in place, probably employees in higher positions might allow the breach? This could be more serious in nature. I may be wrong, though, but with all these measures, the losses should actually be a low outlier compared to the average....

Well...

I sold 15 million units last year.

$20,000 in shrink is actually pretty good.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Obviously he's not wealthy, guarantee he's not poor - only the MC and ironically trust-funded have the luxury of biting the hand that feeds them. I hope that as the system corrects and the middle disappears people like him will take responsibility for themselves and move upward.

But I'll bet no since we see it more and more; fake disgust for fake internet points turns real over time and becomes genuine assholery.
Without the middle class there is no economy so it won't be good for anyone. Just letting you know.

Lucid Tech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 2, 2016
Armed security

Hey so I'm having problems with employees stealing cash, can you please tell me the exact steps you used to implement all of these measures? Your post is a little light on details.

Kidding.

$20k of shrink is very good given his sales numbers. It's all about where to focus your efforts to get the biggest return.

A 2% reduction in shrink saves him around $400. A 2% increase in sales is an extra 300,000 units.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Armed security

Only thing you forgot here is the trash. Buying a compacting dumpster cut our game console shrink about 10%. The bastards were putting good consoles in the trash to get past the cameras, then coming back after close and dumpster diving.

I often though that if the people that worked on our processing lines applied the diligence and ingenuity to actual work that they did to theft, they would have been my boss, not the other way around.

Also, if you steal a phone from me, don't put it on offerup on the same day with the IMEI visible in the photos.

G

GuestUser450

Without the middle class there is no economy so it won't be good for anyone. Just letting you know.

Thanks but you're not teaching me much; in fact I'd argue the opposite. The middle is proving to be our Achille's heel.

The "middle class" is the most dangerous place to be financially (one source of income), mentally (peer pressure, forced company culture) and physically (desk jobs kill). They're also the biggest source of envy, as the bed they've chosen to sleep in needs constant rationalization. The poor have a safety net but also want to improve their standing, the wealthy (mostly) know the tenuous grasp we have on growth and constantly stack skills to stay free. Of the 3, the middle is the most fragile.

So the comment was not meant to paint all with the same brush but to single out the dangerous thinking that, when multiplied, has given us the hole in our boat; an overconfident, over-leveraged class demanding good pay for okay work and zero accountability or sacrifice, who see no downside to lowering inequality by destroying the incentives to wealth - which have ironically provided them the very means to bitch and complain.

Note: Most of "the move" has actually been upward, which is good. But for many, a move down might correct their perspective. Just so you know.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
The commie punk doesn't like rich people? Fine, he doesn't have to be one.

I've heard this same line a number of times over the years. I think it's a combination of things, depending who's saying it. Often it's just a way people feel better about them selves. "I'm not rich, but that's ok because have moral superiority." In other cases it is because they actually believe the whole Marxist line of crap. People drink the toxic Kool-Aid for their own reasons. I'm not a psychologist and it's not on me to fix them. F___ 'em.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix

meh. Time will tell if OP is someone who's chasing the next big thing (thinking it's easy money quickly) or in it to provide some actual value to his clients.... usual time to tell is less than a year. 98% of the people who obtain their licenses here don't renew at the first 2 year renewal mark. *shrugs shoulders*

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Thanks but you're not teaching me much; in fact I'd argue the opposite. The middle is proving to be our Achille's heel.

The "middle class" is the most dangerous place to be financially (one source of income), mentally (peer pressure, forced company culture) and physically (desk jobs kill). They're also the biggest source of envy, as the bed they've chosen to sleep in needs constant rationalization. The poor have a safety net but also want to improve their standing, the wealthy (mostly) know the tenuous grasp we have on growth and constantly stack skills to stay free. Of the 3, the middle is the most fragile.

So the comment was not meant to paint all with the same brush but to single out the dangerous thinking that, when multiplied, has given us the hole in our boat; an overconfident, over-leveraged class demanding good pay for okay work and zero accountability or sacrifice, who see no downside to lowering inequality by destroying the incentives to wealth - which have ironically provided them the very means to bitch and complain.

Note: Most of "the move" has actually been upward, which is good. But for many, a move down might correct their perspective. Just so you know.
My point was, the rich create jobs but the middle class keep the economy going, otherwise you'd neither be able to produce or sell anything and be out of business. So don't complain about them because you need them just as much

Just so you know.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Taking a screenshot of a Facebook 'post' and posting it on here, is like throwing shit on the Mona Lisa.

#landfill #aintnobodygottimeforthat

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
While your friendly neighbourhood Sidewalker was bitching away....
I hope this is the right section, but this guy is a solid example of a sidewalker mindset.
Kv3FeLP.png

NdGmj4V.png

Your friendly neighbourhood Fastlaner was grinding away....
Well...
I sold 15 million units last year.

$20,000 in shrink is actually pretty good.

Sure @MidwestLandlord got hit by some office theft. But he really armed the Commandment of Entry to the bloody max to ensure good value providing for his customers.
Armed security

You know what?
That is what I call, a Sidewalk Shutdown! SHUT DOWN, I repeat.
This is a winner!

Here's more Reps for you.

KingScorptio

New Contributor
Apr 5, 2017
Germany
I hope this is the right section, but this guy is a solid example of a sidewalker mindset.
Kv3FeLP.png

NdGmj4V.png
jes u are right, the current corporate and banking elite which dominates and rules the west arent noble people despite mass media which they own reports good on them, they simply were able to lend a lot and invest a lot they had contacts others didnt had and they had knowledge others didnt. so in the end they build an empire using those depending on money. those who can lend a lot can earn a lot. The entire system benefits those close arround and with good relations to the printing press and the monetary issuance, like banks. those who are very busy and far away from it ususally stay very poor or get simply burned to their bones.

Last edited:

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
That's the kind of mindstate you develop when you realize that you'll never reach your dreams or achieve anything noteworthy in life.

A couple years back I bought a customized Jeep Wrangler 4 door for the trails around here. It's a 2008, so not like its new or anything.

I overheard one of my employee's complaining that if I can afford new cars, I could afford to give raises too, that she didn't make enough, blah, blah, blah...

I fired her on the spot.
Trust me, someone else was glad to work her spot at the $18 an hour she was making in retail.

The attitude you describe here is the norm, not the exception for sure.

As an employer, it's sad and infuriating all at the same time. (mostly just infuriating)

Good....
I hate people who count other's money

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But, what is driving the vitriol in your comments against him?

I usually enjoy your expected counter perspective at the forum, however in this case, I think you are grossly mistaken.

Not quite the right word, but I'll take it.

I fear ignorant people who voice their ignorance in the public square in order to influence others. And in this case, we aren't talking about an opinion about how the Yankees will do next season, but an opinion that festers hatred.

Replace "rich people" with any class of person and what you get is someone no better than a Klansman or an anti-Semite.

Here, take a look at his comments with "rich people" replaced with another class of individuals, one you might be familiar with.

The ignorant man said:
Fact is though, JEWS don’t get rich because they earned it. They get rich on the backs of others, using a corporate system that is stacked against the common man, so why flaunt the fact that you’re just lucky?

JEWS get rich because they know how to navigate a corrupt system. Everybody can’t get rich, because they’re aren’t enough resources…

JEWS don’t feed the economy, JEWS are rich because they hoard resources through tax evasion and savings. When you spend money on fairly priced food, the money goes to the farmer and people along the supply chain who recirculate it. You buy a luxury item, or really anything from a corporation, the majority of the money goes to JEWS or a corporation who will hoard most of it, then sprinkle the small remainder to through the supply chain. This is why the world is in the deplorable condition it is in. Because of the JEWS at the top.

"Rich people" could be any class of persons - white people, blacks, New Yorkers, Muslims, Christians, really doesn't matter because his comments are flat out bigotry.

This type of ignorant hatred (and the normalization of this view) is how millions of innocent people where slaughtered in WW2, simply because one class of persons thought another class of persons was parasitical.

As far as I'm concerned, his comments are no better than modified quote above. I can try to understand your defense of his "rich people" comment, but I doubt you'd defend the "modified" version. In my view, they're exactly the same.

Bigotry is bigotry.

Fear? Yes, I fear his ignorance spreads and becomes normalized.

It's already happening in media and culture.

So I will do my part to call him out for the idiot (and bigot) he is.

Last edited:

KingScorptio

New Contributor
Apr 5, 2017
Germany
I usually enjoy your expected counter perspective at the forum, however in this case, I think you are grossly mistaken.

Not quite the right word, but I'll take it.

I fear ignorant people who voice their ignorance in the public square in order to influence others. And in this case, we aren't talking about an opinion about how the Yankees will do next season, but an opinion that festers hatred.

Replace "rich people" with any class of person and what you get is someone no better than a Klansman or an anti-Semite.

Here, take a look at his comments with "rich people" replaced with another class of individuals, one you might be familiar with.

"Rich people" could be any class of persons - white people, blacks, New Yorkers, Muslims, Christians, really doesn't matter because his comments are flat out bigotry.

This type of ignorant hatred (and the normalization of this view) is how millions of innocent people where slaughtered in WW2, simply because one class of persons thought another class of persons was parasitical.

As far as I'm concerned, his comments are no better than modified quote above. I can try to understand your defense of his "rich people" comment, but I doubt you'd defend the "modified" version. In my view, they're exactly the same.

Bigotry is bigotry.

Fear? Yes, I fear his ignorance spreads and becomes normalized.

It's already happening in media and culture.

So I will do my part to call him out for the idiot (and bigot) he is.

it is not a question of rich or poor it is about having access to financial money issuance or not, those having good access can hire many salary slaves and build their big empires no matter the so called "market risks" those who dont have to look for those who issue money and find out how they are going to spend it. the market is not about the salary slaves and their desires it is about the money creators and the slave masters

Lucid Tech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 2, 2016
His attitudes are driven by his ignorance. He clearly doesn't understand the basics of economics, how businesses work, how economies work, what typical profit/margin structures look like, how supply curves work, etc. In other words, his attitudes were created through a lack of education and lack of exposure to that which he is demeaning.

In other words, he doesn't know better.

But, what is driving the vitriol in your comments against him? Insecurity? Jealousy (of what, I don't know)? Fear? Regardless of what it is, it's not something that truly successful and confident people need to do.

In other words, you do know better.

Do you think Warren Buffett or Bill Gates walks around insulting people who don't understand the basics of business and economics?

It is caused by ignorance but festered by hatred. @JScott you are correct in that this guy does not know any better.

But he also clearly has no desire to learn reality or change his beliefs. He only wants to push those mistaken beliefs on others. When the beliefs are this strong and filled with hate, they are dangerous.

No one on this thread is insulting people that are ignorant because of their ignorance, as in your example of Buffett/Gates.

There's no question here of "how do the rich become rich?" but only "F*ck the rich they are parasites."

I will admit I felt a flash of anger reading the OP as I do see and know quite a few of these type of people in my generation.

Why the anger?

If you try to be (and especially if you are) successful, these people will beat you down.

We beat back.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Now that this thread has gone all philosophical, I'm just gonna throw this out there:

Ever wonder if all of these misunderstandings are a product of re-framing a conflict of interest as a conflict of principal?

What if they're not ignorant or innocent?
What if they're not hateful and bigoted?

What if they're just predictably selfish little shits that have to reframe their selfishness as a matter of principle to protect their ego?

What if we're doing the same thing?

Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
maybe u live under a rock?

Boss, you showed up here soliciting money on another thread and then proceeded to make inane comments in this one.

Just go read the rules, make an intro post, then come back.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Dad: When I said "we" didn't make any money this year, I was being polite. I didn't make any money this year. Your a$$ got paid 26 times, and now you want 27?

Hahaha, that's hilarious and such a perfect response.

I've been in jobs before where one year you get a bonus and the next you don't. As an employee it sucks but shit - suck it up and move on. I never understood the complainers. If your whole year as an employee comes down to one more payment then you've really, really messed up somewhere.

The only thing I never suffered as an employee was pay reductions. Not that I ever felt wronged by them, mind you - but when the boat has holes, you find a new boat.

KingScorptio

New Contributor
Apr 5, 2017
Germany
US_%2420_1905_Gold_Certificate.jpg
Boss, you showed up here soliciting money on another thread and then proceeded to make inane comments in this one.

Just go read the rules, make an intro post, then come back.

ok then explain me something,

why does the bank have the divine right to decide who is a slave and who gets the passive income in order to tell others wheather they are bad or good? or in other words why does the bank decide who has to earn his money actively by doing work and who earns his many passively by observing and controlling others, like a slavemaster.

secondly

how can u support a monetary monarchy in which an established group always has an advantage over anyone else?

he is not as ignorant as you think.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
US_%2420_1905_Gold_Certificate.jpg

ok then explain me something,

why does the bank have the divine right to decide who is a slave and who gets the passive income in order to tell others wheather they are bad or good? or in other words why does the bank decide who has to earn his money actively by doing work and who earns his many passively by observing and controlling others, like a slavemaster.

secondly

how can u support a monetary monarchy in which an established group always has an advantage over anyone else?

he is not as ignorant as you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads