The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This FREE book will teach you how to build a successful web design business

DarrenTruong

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hey Fox. Thanks for the free book. Read through it in two days, took some notes and I feel really confident I can add more value to businesses now.

It was an easy read, it just flowed really well.

Don't have the technical skills for web design yet, but I have some self-education in copywriting, so there's that.

Planning to join your school within the week!

:thumbsup:

FastlanerDoer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 19, 2022
Indonesia
Hey Fox. I had just finished reading your book in 2 days. Your book has provided me with an actual roadmap and actual practical steps I can do right now to reach the fastlane life. I was still quite confused after finishing reading TMF a few days ago on what thing to do and what ideas to pursue. I had quite a lot of ideas, some seems to be doable and abiding with CENTS and some stupid, but I knew deep inside I wanted to do some fastlane business online. But thanks to your book, it has given me a clear roadmap on taking the first steps to the fastlane dream using web design. Though I still have no knowledge on how to build a full functioning website yet, I have begun learning html and css today through the free resources you've linked in another thread you made here. So I just wanna say thank you for making the book free, without it I probably would be still stuck on the stage on what to do for the fastlane.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey Fox. I had just finished reading your book in 2 days. Your book has provided me with an actual roadmap and actual practical steps I can do right now to reach the fastlane life. I was still quite confused after finishing reading TMF a few days ago on what thing to do and what ideas to pursue. I had quite a lot of ideas, some seems to be doable and abiding with CENTS and some stupid, but I knew deep inside I wanted to do some fastlane business online. But thanks to your book, it has given me a clear roadmap on taking the first steps to the fastlane dream using web design. Though I still have no knowledge on how to build a full functioning website yet, I have begun learning html and css today through the free resources you've linked in another thread you made here. So I just wanna say thank you for making the book free, without it I probably would be still stuck on the stage on what to do for the fastlane.

Glad it helped!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This web design, is it building sites with WordPress or coding it?

The book is a lot more on the business side of things.

Whatever way you want to build a website is fine.

DerrickWind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 12, 2022
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I don’t have money, I don’t have experience, I don’t have any ideas. What do I do? I want to start a business so badly!”

People who post these threads are often unaware that the first step to become a successful business owner starts with a profound mindset shift. You stop thinking about yourself, your money, your experience, or your ideas. Instead, you focus on someone else’s problems. Then you learn how to provide value to them.

This brings me to the second point: developing your business skills. When you shift your mindset—and only then—you can consider what specific skills to develop to provide more value. Some of the most valuable business skills include: prospecting, sales, pricing, cold calling, cold emailing, networking, client communication, project management, copywriting, marketing, building sales systems, ads, email marketing, managing a team, managing yourself, and many others.

Through your repeated efforts to help others while developing these skills, you eventually build a successful business. But you start with the mindset first, and the business skills second. Notice there’s no need for any money, previous experience, or business ideas.

Now that you understand the most important principles, you can start exploring industries in which you can help people. I have studied hundreds of different niches, and very few tick as many “business-owner skills” boxes as web design.

I’ve had more than a fair share of business failures (including a funny story about Conor McGregor and cereals—more on that later). It was web design that helped me grow valuable skills and build a successful business.

When I first started web design, I didn’t have much savings or an income. Today, running my online web design school called Fox Web School, I often meet people who are in the same situation. That’s why I’ve created many free resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs get going.

I recently published a book in which I share my most valuable lessons. The book is titled The $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide A Practical Guide for Wealth and Freedom as an Online Freelancer and is available on all major platforms in all formats (free as an e-book).

While the title of the book suggests a narrow focus, this book isn’t just about web design. While I love web design, it should just be one step on a journey to bigger success. The main purpose of this book is about how you can make yourself into the best business owner you can be. I illustrate this through web design to give you a clear roadmap. But the lessons apply equally in other industries, too.

If you are ready to find out what I wish I had known when I first started web design (and entrepreneurship) several years ago, get your free copy of my book now.

If you’re interested in more details before you commit a couple of hours of your life, here are some of the things I cover in my book:

- Why do some web designer freelancers achieve great success while others fail? Using a fictional story of Dave and Ricky I show the key differences between successful entrepreneurs and those who struggle.

- Why is it essential to view freelancing as a temporary stage in your professional career? The truth is that the freelancing model, while great to start with, can quickly hold you back from even greater success. Learn what freelancing traps to avoid and how to plan ahead.

- Why having money doesn’t mean you’d automatically start a successful business? I explain why a person with a lot of money is still likely to fail.

- What did I do that got me and my buddy shut down by Conor McGregor’s management team? I tried many wild business ideas and that was one of them.

- What did I realize as I struggled to make ends meet working for low-paying clients? It wasn’t about how hard I worked—it was about a key mindset shift that was one of the most important business lessons I’ve ever learned.

- Why in web design you don’t really sell websites? What do you sell instead? This lesson can change everything for a new web design freelancer.

- What’s a key question you need to ask yourself before preparing a proposal for a potential client? By implementing this piece of advice, one of Fox Web School’s students increased his monthly income by 1,600%.

- What’s a core selling principle and how to address it as an aspiring web designer? As with other lessons, this applies not only to web design, but to any other business.

- Why the best web designers no longer work as web designers? Learn why NOT working as a web designer should be your ultimate goal.

You can grab the book for free on any of the major online retailers. Here are the links:

Amazon

Apple

Barnes & Noble

Google Play

Kobo
Got a copy, thank you for sharing.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Great, let me know what you think.
I'm not sure what to do, my plan was to create a website, market it, and provide something to the world. I feel like this book would help me a lot in doing so but TMF taught me a very important thing, don't be a consumer, be a producer. It also said to never stop learning and to always expand your education, but from trustworthy sources and not sellouts like money gurus, at least that's what I took from it. Are you rich? did you use what your wrote in your book to make money for yourself? Why should I trust you? I don't mean for this to sound like some sort of interrogation, I just want to make sure that I'm making the right decisions.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I'm not sure what to do, my plan was to create a website, market it, and provide something to the world. I feel like this book would help me a lot in doing so but TMF taught me a very important thing, don't be a consumer, be a producer. It also said to never stop learning and to always expand your education, but from trustworthy sources and not sellouts like money gurus, at least that's what I took from it. Are you rich? did you use what your wrote in your book to make money for yourself? Why should I trust you? I don't mean for this to sound like some sort of interrogation, I just want to make sure that I'm making the right decisions.

This is called learning to think for yourself.

99.9% of people are not going to tell you if you can trust their own content or not. And even if they did, are you going to be able to trust their response?

You got to be able to decide by yourself what info you want to learn - and who you want to learn it from.

Are you going to send these same questions to every author from now on? What about every Youtube video, podcast, and online forum post?

It is a basic free book about how to learn to sell websites. If you don't want to learn that then don't read it.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
This is called learning to think for yourself.

99.9% of people are not going to tell you if you can trust their own content or not. And even if they did, are you going to be able to trust their response?

You got to be able to decide by yourself what info you want to learn - and who you want to learn it from.

Are you going to send these same questions to every author from now on? What about every Youtube video, podcast, and online forum post?

It is a basic free book about how to learn to sell websites. If you don't want to learn that then don't read it.
Me thinking for myself isn't going to answer the question of how you made your money. I'm just asking to see if you are credible.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Ordered the book. 1st client meeting scheduled for Friday morning.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
Me thinking for myself isn't going to answer the question of how you made your money. I'm just asking to see if you are credible.
Had you been able to think for yourself, you would've realized this forum has several search options, including being able to search post history via user. This would've caused you to see his entire post history, which means you would've seen his initial progress thread.

From there, it's a simple matter of following the yellow-bricked road, which inevitably leads you back to this thread, and all of his other threads (which I recommend you check out because Fox typically drops pure gold).

So, yes, even in this instance, thinking for yourself would've gotten you the answers you seek.

Cheers.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Ordered the book. 1st client meeting scheduled for Friday morning.
Alrighty, they're thinking $10K - $15K initial budget and launching within 60 days. Good start for Project #1.

I suppose learning how to actually do the work will come in useful shortly.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Alrighty, they're thinking $10K - $15K initial budget and launching within 60 days. Good start for Project #1.

I suppose learning how to actually do the work will come in useful shortly.

Close to getting that locked in?

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Close to getting that locked in?
I think so. The business is changing hands on 2/1 and the project is being funded with the purchase loan.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.