The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Only 3 Beliefs Holding You Back Right Now

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Twice per day, I scroll through the forum. Occasionally I recognize patterns of thinking or behavior and I go through a little internal struggle: "do I respond to this question with a heartfelt response" or "should I just keep scrolling" -- I'll admit, I've been scrolling a lot more than responding lately so I figured I'd take a minute to give some unsolicited advice.

Your current results are a direct reflection of your belief systems.

That means the amount of money you have in your bank account today is not due to covid, the election, California burning, or how you were treated as a child... it is a culmination of your beliefs around money that you've held for the last 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months, 6 years...

Beliefs like "should I save my money or spend it", "should I invest or not", "should I go all in on my business or do it part time", or "is this really even going to work?"

The "Covid 19" weight that people have gained wasn't because of the pandemic. It was because of your beliefs around exercising and eating healthy "should I work out or skip it", "what's healthy or unhealthy"

Relationships, too. "Should I be in one or not", "what should I accept in this relationship and what shouldn't I accept in this relationship"

If you aren't happy with your current results, here's my suggestion:

Identify and change your limiting beliefs.

Luckily, there's really only 3 types of limiting beliefs; hopeless, helpless, and worthless.

Hopeless Beliefs are the ones where somebody says "Just shut up, Steve. Nobody can make money in this economy. Nobody can build a business in this situation.
Relationships never last anyways.
My genetics won't allow me to get in shape.
This is bullshit, it can't be done!"

Helpless Beliefs are when someone says, "Easy for you to say. MJ can do it because he had a better idea.
They have more money than me.
They have more time than me.
They have less kids than me.
They have more hair than me.
That's why THEY can do it and I can't!"

Worthless Beliefs are where someone says, "Fine, fine. You're right. Everybody can make money. Everyone can have a long-lasting loving relationship. Everyone can have a great body... but if I'm being honest with you, man... I just don't think I deserve it. I don't think I'm worth it. I don't think if I made that money, I'd be able to keep it. I don't think if I got into that relationship, I could ever make them stay."

Can you see how devastating this psychology and these beliefs could be to someone's life and business?

For those of you who are here asking the questions over and over again like "should I go or stay", "should I invest or not", "should I start this business or put it off" -- my question for you is which one of these beliefs are really holding you back? ...And are they really true?

While I often spend hours helping people shift their beliefs, I can tell you exactly how to do it in very few words:

A belief is simply a feeling of absolute certainty you have about something.

If you didn't have certainty about that belief... you wouldn't believe it! You just feel like it's true. (And man it really does FEEL real, doesn't it?)

To change a limiting belief, simply start by figuring out what the belief is, then create doubt in it. Ask the question "is this belief really true?" and "are there examples of someone in my situation that made it work anyways?" or "have I even succeeded at this in the past and maybe I'm just overthinking it, now?"

I'm more than willing to help but I think it would be even more valuable for you and the whole forum -- if you're up for it -- to post an old belief you held in the past... and then what changed it for you? How do you see it now?

As an example... growing up, I truly believed money was scarce and extremely hard to come by. The first real shift in that mindset was coming here on the forum and meeting really successful people who started with nothing. When they spoke about how easy it was to make money, it really created doubt in that belief. "Maybe it ISN'T so tough... I'm just making it a bigger deal than it really is..."

Today when I look at how much money is in the system (especially here in the U.S. with another 2 TRILLION dollars floating around), I can't help but think "wow, it really is everywhere and people have no problem spending it!"

What is it for you? What shifted? What changed?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WabiSabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 2, 2019
Katy, Texas
I remember for a long time I used the excuse; people who workout are assholes.

"If you're fit that means you're a shallow, selfish person who thinks they're better than everyone else!"

I'm not a jerk, therefore I can't workout was my reasoning, so I didn't start till college. Turns out there are tons of friendly, helpful people who exercise. In fact, NICER than the people I was hanging out with.

Really shocked me at first, "wait I was wrong?" crushes your ego, and makes you humble when broken.

Last edited:

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England

That means the amount of money you have in your bank account today is not due to covid, the election, California burning, or how you were treated as a child... it is a culmination of your beliefs around money that you've held for the last 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months, 6 years...

Hopeless Beliefs are the ones where somebody says "Just shut up, Steve. Nobody can make money in this economy. Nobody can build a business in this situation. Relationships never last anyways. My genetics won't allow me to get in shape. This is bullshit, it can't be done!"

Helpless Beliefs are when someone says, "Easy for you to say. MJ can do it because he had a better idea. They have more money than me. They have more time than me. They have less kids than me. They have more hair than me. That's why THEY can do it and I can't!"

Worthless Beliefs are where someone says, "Fine, fine. You're right. Everybody can make money. Everyone can have a long-lasting loving relationship. Everyone can have a great body... but if I'm being honest with you, man... I just don't think I deserve it. I don't think I'm worth it. I don't think if I made that money, I'd be able to keep it. I don't think if I got into that relationship, I could ever make them stay."

Great post Steve.

However I'm going to muddy the waters.

I've been in business (3-4 different ones) for 20 years and I'm nowhere near financially where I want to be but I don't have those limiting beliefs.

I've been down when my business endeavours have floundered and lost confidence here and there at times but I've never thought to myself I don't deserve it, someone else had a better idea or nobody can build a business or make money in this economy.

I think I've simply found and acted on business ideas that didn't work and I'll keep plugging away until I find one that does.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I remember for a long time I used the excuse; people who workout are assholes.

"If you're fit that means you're a shallow, selfish person who thinks they're better than everyone else!"

I'm not a jerk, therefore I can't workout was my reasoning, so I didn't start till college. Turns out there are tons of friendly, helpful people who exercise. In fact, NICER than the people I was hanging out with.

Really shocked me at first, "wait I was wrong?" crushes your ego, and makes you humble when it's broken like that.

That's an interesting one!

Great post Steve.

However I'm going to muddy the waters.

I've been in business (3-4 different ones) for 20 years and I'm nowhere near financially where I want to be but I don't have those limiting beliefs.

I've been down when my business endeavours have floundered and lost confidence here and there at times but I've never thought to myself I don't deserve it, someone else had a better idea or nobody can build a business or make money in this economy.

I think I've simply found and acted on business ideas that didn't work and I'll keep plugging away until I find one that does.

I'm curious -- if that's true... why aren't you where you want to be financially?

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
That's an interesting one!

I'm curious -- if that's true... why aren't you where you want to be financially?

I’ve made mistakes like borrowing money and purchasing the wrong stock . Probably also spent too much time working in the businesses instead of on them.

When I was younger I made some silly decisions like buying a brand new $40k Mercedes when I was 23.

I believe that every decision I’ve made has led me to the position I’m currently in. It’s nobody else fault.

I’ve always believed I’m going to be a millionaire since I was 16 and that’s not changed even now I’m 40 and I’ve had to file for bankruptcy earlier this year. (Due to borrowing money and buying wrong stock - I ended up personally liable as I signed guarantees).

I’ll keep trying until I’m dead!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I’ve made mistakes like borrowing money and purchasing the wrong stock . Probably also spent too much time working in the businesses instead of on them.

What belief led you to buy that particular stock?

What belief made you borrow money to buy that particular stock?

Did you buy at the peak and it came down? Was it a penny stock that disappeared? A company that went bankrupt? What did you believe immediately after that setback? Why didn't it work? Did you jump right back onto the investment horse or was there something that made you stop or hesitate or switch gears?

What made you work "in the business" versus on it?

When I was younger I made some silly decisions like buying a brand new $40k Mercedes when I was 23.

I believe that every decision I’ve made has led me to the position I’m currently in. It’s nobody else fault.

You're absolutely right -- truth be told, it's not even your fault... you were conditioned and pre-framed to think and behave a certain way... and while it's not your fault -- today -- it's your responsibility.

But even that belief right there "it's all my fault" -- is that really true? I understand taking responsibility but I can guarantee there's more to unpack in that one sentence right there.

"It's all my fault. I wasn't smart enough to make the right decisions. If only I had this thing, I would've been more successful. I didn't listen to my gut and I can't believe i did it AGAIN!"

Not saying you think any of this, just suggesting some common thoughts many people have.

I’ve always believed I’m going to be a millionaire since I was 16 and that’s not changed even now I’m 40 and I’ve had to file for bankruptcy earlier this year. (Due to borrowing money and buying wrong stock - I ended up personally liable as I signed guarantees).

I’ll keep trying until I’m dead!

Rough draw of the cards. Looking back at that decision now... was it the right one? The wrong one? Was it the right decision with a wrong strategy? Right strategy but wrong stock? What do you believe about all of that today?

P.S. Who in the world lent you money to purchase stock?

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
@Kung Fu Steve I've been scrolling a lot too, and I want to say you're one of the reasons I keep coming back to the forum, so thank you for all of your contributions.

My Old Beliefs:
I thought you had to be really smart to own a business.
I thought you had to be rich to start a business
I used to avoid doing difficult work. I didn't know that the work is the reward.
Rich people are corrupt.
I could never be rich.
I don't have anything to contribute.
I'll always struggle.
I'm not good with money.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Man I was messed up. :rofl:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
@Kung Fu Steve I've been scrolling a lot too, and I want to say you're one of the reasons I keep coming back to the forum, so thank you for all of your contributions.

My Old Beliefs:
I thought you had to be really smart to own a business.
I thought you had to be rich to start a business
I used to avoid doing difficult work. I didn't know that the work is the reward.
Rich people are corrupt.
I could never be rich.
I don't have anything to contribute.
I'll always struggle.
I'm not good with money.

Those are just off the top of my head.

I think we all had these at some point. Even if for just a moment. That self doubt creeps in!

Man I was messed up. :rofl:

Hey, be nice to my friend. He didn't know what he didn't know at the time!

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
What belief led you to buy that particular stock?

What belief made you borrow money to buy that particular stock?

Did you buy at the peak and it came down? Was it a penny stock that disappeared? A company that went bankrupt? What did you believe immediately after that setback? Why didn't it work? Did you jump right back onto the investment horse or was there something that made you stop or hesitate or switch gears?

What made you work "in the business" versus on it?

You're absolutely right -- truth be told, it's not even your fault... you were conditioned and pre-framed to think and behave a certain way... and while it's not your fault -- today -- it's your responsibility.

But even that belief right there "it's all my fault" -- is that really true? I understand taking responsibility but I can guarantee there's more to unpack in that one sentence right there.

"It's all my fault. I wasn't smart enough to make the right decisions. If only I had this thing, I would've been more successful. I didn't listen to my gut and I can't believe i did it AGAIN!"

Not saying you think any of this, just suggesting some common thoughts many people have.

Rough draw of the cards. Looking back at that decision now... was it the right one? The wrong one? Was it the right decision with a wrong strategy? Right strategy but wrong stock? What do you believe about all of that today?

P.S. Who in the world lent you money to purchase stock?

I already had similar stock in the UK (power supplies) that was doing ok but the profits where only just enough to get by on. So I thought I'd borrow money and use that money to buy the same stock but ship it and sell it in Italy, Spain, France, Germany and USA. There was some production issues which delayed them getting into the warehouse but the main problem was that I was using a UK database to sell the power supplies - ie 5V Power Adapter for Motorola T20 baby monitor. However in the other countries that model wasn't sold. So I didn't have a database of models for each country to sell the power supplies.

I borrowed money £150k in total from Funding Circle, which is a UK peer to peer lending company. It was done in my Limited company but I personally signed the loans. The repayments alone where £3000 a month. So the company failed and I was on the hook for the debt.

Looking back now it was a bad decision and an expensive lesson learned. I could have still been selling the same products in the UK now had I not made that decision, however I'd be doing that until I was 70 as they were never going to give me the lifestyle I desire.

I do agree with you that lots of people do have negative beliefs around money but I've never been one of those.

Funnily enough i was reading through another thread on the forum and it's led me to the conclusion that I've never provided enough value at scale. I'm always thinking of how much money I can make first before thinking about any value it provides to anybody.

Boychamp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 13, 2019
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
So I don't have a contributing comment to the thread of old beliefs -> new beliefs. But I have a question that I think could be really helpful to myself as well as others.

How do you identify the limiting beliefs you have? Broad, I know, but let me try to explain.
When you were listing those things off, none really jumped out at me and made me think "oh, that's ME".
But I'm SURE that I have them in some form or another. Do you have suggestions/an exercise to help find/flush out those things?
Or is it just "as simple" as sitting down with yourself and doing some serious introspection about everything with the context you've laid out above? Asking why/what similar to what you did with Paul?

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I sit on the Helpless fence. Everything I've tried never worked for me so I always have it in the back of my mind that, "This works for everyone else except for me."

I'm in a job that I can't stand and want out but I don't have a plan to get there. I spent 3-4 days journaling and came upon real estate investing as a way to keep the stable income from my full-time job and work investing in on the side until it cashflows enough to set me free.

I talked to a friend and he said all the right things. He has the Fastlane mindset without realizing it. I was sort of investigating it and watched a video from BiggerPockets (BP) about how the guy who started BP went through a family issue and was able to be there with his family because of his business.

I told myself I had nothing to lose and I had to do it for my family. I had to get out of my own way. I'll be 90 years old and regret never trying. So I spent some money and bought a real estate license course to become an agent with the goal that it will be complementary to investing.

Then, I dove into BP, watched a bunch of videos, got myself excited, watched some webinars and jumped into becoming a Pro member. I decided that I would look around my local area. I told myself I am going to work on this and make it work for me no matter what. I can do this! I tried to do everything I could to avoid the self-doubt, negative talk from others, etc....but it crept in. A friend doubted me and said I probably wouldn't do it. A co-worker told me it's risky and my job is safe and secure.

Now I'm doubting myself.

Finding deals around "my" expensive market is difficult.
Other people are finding deals because they live in better markets.
It's very competitive and I don't stand a chance.
Others know more than me and already have a head start.
Am I getting into real estate investing at the wrong time just before a recession starts or a real estate crash begins?
Am I going to lose everything and uproot my family?
Am I going to burst into a ball of flames?
Am I fighting an uphill battle?
Do I really want to go out there and plead people to pick me as their agent?
Now I'm going to have to go out and buy a couple suits just to look good. I'm not really much of a suit type.
What value am I creating?
Real estate agents are a dime a dozen.
Why the hell did I spend the money on this license course only to give up on it before I even saw what it was all about?
Should I switch to one of my other ideas that I don't even know if I'm going to work on?
I'd really like to do "this other thing" but I gave up on it before so why do I think it's going to work this time?

I get into this head game and always wish I had a better idea that excited me, that was tangible, and provided a little bit of traction to see the way forward. I was excited about "investing" but now all of a sudden I'm not working through the license course as often, I'm not staying consistent with looking for deals and analyzing properties as taught by BP, and I'm slowly sinking back to my comfort zone.

I think I'm always on the hunt for the easy path, the path of least resistance, where I don't actually have to work that hard. Quite often lately, I sit here and wonder if I jumped in too fast and didn't think through it properly. I feel like I kind of haphazardly spent the money although it felt like the right thing to do at the time.

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Twice per day, I scroll through the forum. Occasionally I recognize patterns of thinking or behavior and I go through a little internal struggle: "do I respond to this question with a heartfelt response" or "should I just keep scrolling" -- I'll admit, I've been scrolling a lot more than responding lately so I figured I'd take a minute to give some unsolicited advice.

Beliefs like "should I save my money or spend it", "should I invest or not", "should I go all in on my business or do it part time", or "is this really even going to work?"

The "Covid 19" weight that people have gained wasn't because of the pandemic. It was because of your beliefs around exercising and eating healthy "should I work out or skip it", "what's healthy or unhealthy"

Relationships, too. "Should I be in one or not", "what should I accept in this relationship and what shouldn't I accept in this relationship"

Luckily, there's really only 3 types of limiting beliefs; hopeless, helpless, and worthless.

Hopeless Beliefs are the ones where somebody says "Just shut up, Steve. Nobody can make money in this economy. Nobody can build a business in this situation. Relationships never last anyways. My genetics won't allow me to get in shape. This is bullshit, it can't be done!"

Helpless Beliefs are when someone says, "Easy for you to say. MJ can do it because he had a better idea. They have more money than me. They have more time than me. They have less kids than me. They have more hair than me. That's why THEY can do it and I can't!"

Can you see how devastating this psychology and these beliefs could be to someone's life and business?

For those of you who are here asking the questions over and over again like "should I go or stay", "should I invest or not", "should I start this business or put it off" -- my question for you is which one of these beliefs are really holding you back? ...And are they really true?

While I often spend hours helping people shift their beliefs, I can tell you exactly how to do it in very few words:

If you didn't have certainty about that belief... you wouldn't believe it! You just feel like it's true. (And man it really does FEEL real, doesn't it?)

To change a limiting belief, simply start by figuring out what the belief is, then create doubt in it. Ask the question "is this belief really true?" and "are there examples of someone in my situation that made it work anyways?" or "have I even succeeded at this in the past and maybe I'm just overthinking it, now?"

I'm more than willing to help but I think it would be even more valuable for you and the whole forum -- if you're up for it -- to post an old belief you held in the past... and then what changed it for you? How do you see it now?

As an example... growing up, I truly believed money was scarce and extremely hard to come by. The first real shift in that mindset was coming here on the forum and meeting really successful people who started with nothing. When they spoke about how easy it was to make money, it really created doubt in that belief. "Maybe it ISN'T so tough... I'm just making it a bigger deal than it really is..."

Today when I look at how much money is in the system (especially here in the U.S. with another 2 TRILLION dollars floating around), I can't help but think "wow, it really is everywhere and people have no problem spending it!"

This is a very good post, the best I've read from you on the forum yet. I think it deserves GOLD, so congrats.

However, I don't agree 100% with your point of view.

I'm much closer to @Paul David for example.

Yes, MINDSET is very important, I would put it in the top 3 success factors.

However, the importance of MINDSET tends to get exaggerated in this community, to the detriment of other important factors.

Let me give you my example.

I've scaled to mid 6 figures with my agency.

I also sell a course, which I view as a different business, although I use my agency to market it. The course has done close to 20K by now, since I first put it out a little over 1 year ago. However, all-in-all, time invested, money spent on advertising, etc. it's still in the red.

Now, I have two paths to million+.

One is with my agency. I have 3 clients I'm working with who have the potential to scale to 10M+. One of them is already at 1M+, one is 6-figures, and the other has a REALLY strong business that we managed to get from 0 to 20K in one month so far. If any one of them gets to 50M for example, I will have my million. Nothing to do with mindset, and everything to do with KNOWLEDGE and TIME. As much as I want to INSTANTLY do it, this is not possible. It requires launching new products, expanding the product range, building the sales channels, extensive testing etc. This requires time.

Now look at my course. There are people selling alternative courses in the make money niche who are making 3-20M/year. Why am I not a millionaire with my course yet? I can tell you for sure that the KNOWLEDGE inside the course is quite possibly the best on the planet in its category. I have a BURNING DESIRE to scale it. So why am I not a millionaire with it, and have just made 20K so far?

I think two reasons... The first is that my course does not yet have mass-appeal... These days people don't want to learn and work anymore. They just want the result. Instant gratification. Done-for-you. I have to convert my course into that, which is what I'm doing for the third update.

The second reason is that I don't have my own funnel prepared to the right standards, because I've simply been struggling to find the time to do it, between managing the agency and client work, and this project. So I know what I need to do, I know what others are doing to hit those numbers, all I really need to do is see what they're doing right and test until I hit my own sweet spot. I am doing this, but again, it takes time. As much as I'd LOVE to have it instantly done, it's not possible. Very often I get frustrated, but remind myself that there is no other way except step by step.

Weak entrepreneurs would say "Pff, a course! Everyone has that, you need to do something different" -> which is bullshit. If people are making millions out of X, you can too.

Of course I am 100% sure that I still have limiting beliefs, I'm pretty sure we all do. But I don't feel HELPLESS, I don't feel WORTHLESS, and I don't feel HOPELESS. I have a very clear plan, it's just a matter of time.

So both TIME and KNOWLEDGE are very important factors along with MINDSET.

What I see in the forums is a lot of people focused on MINDSET, I'm going to do this bla bla bla, but they never do anything, and in many cases NOT because of mindset, but because they lack KNOWLEDGE. They simply do NOT take the time required to get the KNOWLEDGE that they need.... which requires a LOT of time and effort. Most people don't want to put in the work... there's NOTHING more to it than that. They want the success, but not the work. They want to succeed while remaining dumbasses who can't even tell right from left...

If you gain the knowledge, let me tell you - it's only a matter of time before you'll succeed and before your mindset will improve and everything. Of course, when you lack knowledge, you have a POOR MINDSET - and factually so, you know that you don't know what leads to success in business. So how could you possibly feel confident, at least in a rational way?

I've been learning for YEARS to be able to do what I'm doing today, and I've pretty much been doing it full-time. People simply do not spend the TIME necessary for success. They want instant. Instant gratification. Now. Just change your mindset. Wohooo! Instant result! Wow...

Now to complete the circle... one of my own limiting beliefs from the past:

I thought I couldn't succeed in business without first working for someone else, but I did.

The belief was put into my head by my parents, but I made the DECISION never to work for anyone, and I didn't. I didn't start by believing this was possible... I just didn't have an alternative, and I had to do it. So I did it, all the while being very scared and not knowing what I'm doing, but I devoted my entire energy, 100%, to succeeding. So as my success grew, my belief started to fade away, and be replaced by a certain inner confidence. But it was a gradual thing... which happened as I became more successful, not the other way around. My stubbornness and arrogance helped - without them, I would never have managed to get to where I am today, because I would have probably given up.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
This is a very good post, the best I've read from you on the forum yet. I think it deserves GOLD, so congrats.

However, I don't agree 100% with your point of view.

I'm much closer to @Paul David for example.

Yes, MINDSET is very important, I would put it in the top 3 success factors.

However, the importance of MINDSET tends to get exaggerated in this community, to the detriment of other important factors.

Let me give you my example.

I've scaled to mid 6 figures with my agency.

I also sell a course, which I view as a different business, although I use my agency to market it. The course has done close to 20K by now, since I first put it out a little over 1 year ago. However, all-in-all, time invested, money spent on advertising, etc. it's still in the red.

Now, I have two paths to million+.

One is with my agency. I have 3 clients I'm working with who have the potential to scale to 10M+. One of them is already at 1M+, one is 6-figures, and the other has a REALLY strong business that we managed to get from 0 to 20K in one month so far. If any one of them gets to 50M for example, I will have my million. Nothing to do with mindset, and everything to do with KNOWLEDGE and TIME. As much as I want to INSTANTLY do it, this is not possible. It requires launching new products, expanding the product range, building the sales channels, extensive testing etc. This requires time.

Now look at my course. There are people selling alternative courses in the make money niche who are making 3-20M/year. Why am I not a millionaire with my course yet? I can tell you for sure that the KNOWLEDGE inside the course is quite possibly the best on the planet in its category. I have a BURNING DESIRE to scale it. So why am I not a millionaire with it, and have just made 20K so far?

I think two reasons... The first is that my course does not yet have mass-appeal... These days people don't want to learn and work anymore. They just want the result. Instant gratification. Done-for-you. I have to convert my course into that, which is what I'm doing for the third update.

The second reason is that I don't have my own funnel prepared to the right standards, because I've simply been struggling to find the time to do it, between managing the agency and client work, and this project. So I know what I need to do, I know what others are doing to hit those numbers, all I really need to do is see what they're doing right and test until I hit my own sweet spot. I am doing this, but again, it takes time. As much as I'd LOVE to have it instantly done, it's not possible. Very often I get frustrated, but remind myself that there is no other way except step by step.

Weak entrepreneurs would say "Pff, a course! Everyone has that, you need to do something different" -> which is bullshit. If people are making millions out of X, you can too.

Of course I am 100% sure that I still have limiting beliefs, I'm pretty sure we all do. But I don't feel HELPLESS, I don't feel WORTHLESS, and I don't feel HOPELESS. I have a very clear plan, it's just a matter of time.

So both TIME and KNOWLEDGE are very important factors along with MINDSET.

What I see in the forums is a lot of people focused on MINDSET, I'm going to do this bla bla bla, but they never do anything, and in many cases NOT because of mindset, but because they lack KNOWLEDGE. They simply do NOT take the time required to get the KNOWLEDGE that they need.... which requires a LOT of time and effort. Most people don't want to put in the work... there's NOTHING more to it than that. They want the success, but not the work. They want to succeed while remaining dumbasses who can't even tell right from left...

If you gain the knowledge, let me tell you - it's only a matter of time before you'll succeed and before your mindset will improve and everything. Of course, when you lack knowledge, you have a POOR MINDSET - and factually so, you know that you don't know what leads to success in business. So how could you possibly feel confident, at least in a rational way?

I've been learning for YEARS to be able to do what I'm doing today, and I've pretty much been doing it full-time. People simply do not spend the TIME necessary for success. They want instant. Instant gratification. Now. Just change your mindset. Wohooo! Instant result! Wow...

Now to complete the circle... one of my own limiting beliefs from the past:

I thought I couldn't succeed in business without first working for someone else, but I did.

The belief was put into my head by my parents, but I made the DECISION never to work for anyone, and I didn't. I didn't start by believing this was possible... I just didn't have an alternative, and I had to do it. So I did it, all the while being very scared and not knowing what I'm doing, but I devoted my entire energy, 100%, to succeeding. So as my success grew, my belief started to fade away, and be replaced by a certain inner confidence. But it was a gradual thing... which happened as I became more successful, not the other way around. My stubbornness and arrogance helped - without them, I would never have managed to get to where I am today, because I would have probably given up.

vvA23tF.gif

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I already had similar stock in the UK (power supplies) that was doing ok but the profits where only just enough to get by on. So I thought I'd borrow money and use that money to buy the same stock but ship it and sell it in Italy, Spain, France, Germany and USA. There was some production issues which delayed them getting into the warehouse but the main problem was that I was using a UK database to sell the power supplies - ie 5V Power Adapter for Motorola T20 baby monitor. However in the other countries that model wasn't sold. So I didn't have a database of models for each country to sell the power supplies.

I borrowed money £150k in total from Funding Circle, which is a UK peer to peer lending company. It was done in my Limited company but I personally signed the loans. The repayments alone where £3000 a month. So the company failed and I was on the hook for the debt.

Looking back now it was a bad decision and an expensive lesson learned. I could have still been selling the same products in the UK now had I not made that decision, however I'd be doing that until I was 70 as they were never going to give me the lifestyle I desire.

I do agree with you that lots of people do have negative beliefs around money but I've never been one of those.

Funnily enough i was reading through another thread on the forum and it's led me to the conclusion that I've never provided enough value at scale. I'm always thinking of how much money I can make first before thinking about any value it provides to anybody.

It's easy to beat yourself up over a decision especially when it was probably the right decision at the time.

Every time we have a "significant emotional event" in our life, our beliefs have to be re-evaluated.

Both positive and negative. My parents got divorced when I was 3. Originally, the belief was "it's all about money and we don't have any money because of me, it's my fault."

Silly example, but how many children go through a similar phase?

When it comes to beliefs, everything that comes out of out mouths is either math or a belief.

"I've never provided enough value at scale" is a belief -- now it totally might be true! But either way it's still a belief.

But it's an incomplete belief.

Basically every belief, empowering or limiting has an "IF, THEN, MEANS" frame.

"If I try to build a business, then I'll get rejected, and that means I'm a failure."

"If I buy more stock, then it'll be the wrong decision again, and that means I'll go bankrupt."

Something along those lines. While you might not call it "hopeless, helpless, worthless" -- it's simply that feeling of certainty. You know something is "true" -- and some of the things you think are true today... might only be true inside your mind. Does that make more sense?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
So I don't have a contributing comment to the thread of old beliefs -> new beliefs. But I have a question that I think could be really helpful to myself as well as others.

How do you identify the limiting beliefs you have? Broad, I know, but let me try to explain.
When you were listing those things off, none really jumped out at me and made me think "oh, that's ME".
But I'm SURE that I have them in some form or another. Do you have suggestions/an exercise to help find/flush out those things?
Or is it just "as simple" as sitting down with yourself and doing some serious introspection about everything with the context you've laid out above? Asking why/what similar to what you did with Paul?

If you and I were to sit down and have a conversation, I'd ask some pointed questions. "How are you performing in (certain area)? Scale of 1-10?"

I've worked with enough people to know that most people who rate themselves lower tend to be the high achievers. The people who always want more but never think they're doing good enough. Then the people who rate themselves higher tend to be the type of over-confident people who are in a comfort zone and have little to no desire to more

** This is a gross overgeneralization but it gives me a starting point with someone **

Then I'd ask about your goals "what's a level 10 look like? where do you want to be?"

And then a pretty intense question "why don't you already have this? what's holding you back?"

We can easily come up with an entire list:

I don't have the...

time, money, knowledge, energy, support, etc. etc. etc.

( just responded above with the "IF, THEN, MEANS" frame because when people simply say I don't have the time -- that's not a complete belief... probably more accurate is something like:

If I have kids, then I don't have the time to workout, which means I'll never be in good shape. I should just accept that.

If I don't go to business school, then I won't have the knowledge I need, which means I'll never succeed in business. I shouldn't even try.

Again, I'm being obnoxious but here's the simple way:

1. What's an area of your life you're doing well in... why? What makes you good in that area? How do you think about it? What habits or routines have you built? (You'll find some empowering beliefs)

2. What's an area of your life you're NOT thrilled in... why? What stops you from making progress? What has to be done in order to progress? What are you not doing or following through on? Why? (you'll find some limiting beliefs)

I sit on the Helpless fence. Everything I've tried never worked for me so I always have it in the back of my mind that, "This works for everyone else except for me."

I'm in a job that I can't stand and want out but I don't have a plan to get there. I spent 3-4 days journaling and came upon real estate investing as a way to keep the stable income from my full-time job and work investing in on the side until it cashflows enough to set me free.

I talked to a friend and he said all the right things. He has the Fastlane mindset without realizing it. I was sort of investigating it and watched a video from BiggerPockets (BP) about how the guy who started BP went through a family issue and was able to be there with his family because of his business.

I told myself I had nothing to lose and I had to do it for my family. I had to get out of my own way. I'll be 90 years old and regret never trying. So I spent some money and bought a real estate license course to become an agent with the goal that it will be complementary to investing.

Then, I dove into BP, watched a bunch of videos, got myself excited, watched some webinars and jumped into becoming a Pro member. I decided that I would look around my local area. I told myself I am going to work on this and make it work for me no matter what. I can do this! I tried to do everything I could to avoid the self-doubt, negative talk from others, etc....but it crept in. A friend doubted me and said I probably wouldn't do it. A co-worker told me it's risky and my job is safe and secure.

Now I'm doubting myself.

Am I getting into real estate investing at the wrong time just before a recession starts or a real estate crash begins?
Now I'm going to have to go out and buy a couple suits just to look good. I'm not really much of a suit type.
Why the hell did I spend the money on this license course only to give up on it before I even saw what it was all about?
Should I switch to one of my other ideas that I don't even know if I'm going to work on?
I'd really like to do "this other thing" but I gave up on it before so why do I think it's going to work this time?

I get into this head game and always wish I had a better idea that excited me, that was tangible, and provided a little bit of traction to see the way forward. I was excited about "investing" but now all of a sudden I'm not working through the license course as often, I'm not staying consistent with looking for deals and analyzing properties as taught by BP, and I'm slowly sinking back to my comfort zone.

I think I'm always on the hunt for the easy path, the path of least resistance, where I don't actually have to work that hard. Quite often lately, I sit here and wonder if I jumped in too fast and didn't think through it properly. I feel like I kind of haphazardly spent the money although it felt like the right thing to do at the time.

Wow -- this is a fantastic list!

Nobody consciously woke up this morning and see "gee, I can't want to fear failure today!"

All of these beliefs are conditioned. Which is great... because they can be reconditioned!

What's the difference between the times when we face a challenge and breakthrough versus the times when we end up feeling helpless and the problem lingers?

Whenever we find ourselves feeling helpless or unable to improve a situation, it’s because we have fallen into learned helplessness.

In learned helplessness, these 3 P's show up:

1. PERVASIVE: We think that because our finances are destroyed that our whole life is ruined. It’s not true, we have our health, our relationships, and tons of other things. It’s not pervasive, but sometimes we react as if it is.

2. PERMANENT: No problem is permanent. When things are good we think they will be good forever. When things are bad, we feel like it will be bad forever. Neither one is true. Life has seasons. We ALL go through Winters and we all eventually get to Spring. Nothing is permanent, life is constant change.

3. PERSONAL: We think it’s us. If we were smarter, prettier, stronger, if we lived over there, if we had this family, if we were taller, thinner, richer, then we wouldn’t be in this situation. We all do this. We take it personally and think that somehow, if we were XYZ (good enough) we would magically not have these “problems”. It’s not you, it’s not personal. Problems are a part of life. (Suffering is optional)

Any time you think your problem is all 3 of these things we get in that funk of "why even bother".

What if -- just for a second -- you thought the opposite of each of these beliefs? Are there plenty of references and evidence to support the opposite?

What if it didn't matter how expensive a property was... what if it mattered what the ROI would be?

What if they have a disadvantage because they DO live in better markets and can't find the deals you can?

What if it's all bluster and most of these people just talk a good game? What if you were the right person for the job?

What if it's not how you start, it's how you end up?

What are ways you can invest while preparing for a dip?

Nope! ... but even if you did... would that be so bad? Or would that start a brand new chapter of your life?

I don't see this happening anytime soon... do you work with fireworks?

Not if you're going in a different direction ...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't agree 100% with your point of view.

@Black_Dragon43 -- of course you don't.

I knew you'd be in on this thread to espouse your worldview, I just had to be patient.

Sorry, but you're not going hijack this thread like you have some of the others ...

You've made it very clear you and @Kung Fu Steve don't see eye-to-eye on things. You're not going to nit-pick another thread for the sake of peacocking your indisputable opinion.

Unfortunately your presence on this forum seems to be rooted in "Gee, what opposing view can I give in this thread?"

Frankly, it's starting to get old.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Wow -- this is a fantastic list!

Nobody consciously woke up this morning and see "gee, I can't want to fear failure today!"

All of these beliefs are conditioned. Which is great... because they can be reconditioned!

What's the difference between the times when we face a challenge and breakthrough versus the times when we end up feeling helpless and the problem lingers?

Whenever we find ourselves feeling helpless or unable to improve a situation, it’s because we have fallen into learned helplessness.

In learned helplessness, these 3 P's show up:

1. PERVASIVE: We think that because our finances are destroyed that our whole life is ruined. It’s not true, we have our health, our relationships, and tons of other things. It’s not pervasive, but sometimes we react as if it is.

2. PERMANENT: No problem is permanent. When things are good we think they will be good forever. When things are bad, we feel like it will be bad forever. Neither one is true. Life has seasons. We ALL go through Winters and we all eventually get to Spring. Nothing is permanent, life is constant change.

3. PERSONAL: We think it’s us. If we were smarter, prettier, stronger, if we lived over there, if we had this family, if we were taller, thinner, richer, then we wouldn’t be in this situation. We all do this. We take it personally and think that somehow, if we were XYZ (good enough) we would magically not have these “problems”. It’s not you, it’s not personal. Problems are a part of life. (Suffering is optional)

Any time you think your problem is all 3 of these things we get in that funk of "why even bother".

What if -- just for a second -- you thought the opposite of each of these beliefs? Are there plenty of references and evidence to support the opposite?

What if it didn't matter how expensive a property was... what if it mattered what the ROI would be?

What if they have a disadvantage because they DO live in better markets and can't find the deals you can?

What if it's all bluster and most of these people just talk a good game? What if you were the right person for the job?

What if it's not how you start, it's how you end up?

What are ways you can invest while preparing for a dip?

Nope! ... but even if you did... would that be so bad? Or would that start a brand new chapter of your life?

I don't see this happening anytime soon... do you work with fireworks?

Not if you're going in a different direction ...

My pattern seems to be, "I can do this! I'm super excited. If others can do it, so can I. Here are all the steps. I'm committed!" And then I jump in. "Hmm...what am I missing? This is harder than I thought. I'm getting frustrated. It's not working as fast as I want it to. I'm going to have to work super hard at this. I didn't know about that before I started. I didn't know about that either. Do I really want to do this? Maybe I should try something else since this isn't working."

Then I get frustrated and quit and spin my wheels for another 3 months. I get depressed and anxious because I can't stand my job and I have a hard time seeing my way out.

Then, I gather up the courage to go after something else, run into obstacles, push through a little bit until I get tired and worn out (which doesn't take long), and give up again. And then I get more and more frustrated because nothing seems to work and nothing is getting me closer to "working for myself" where I have freedom of time and can get away from a job I don't like.

I'm constantly in start-up mode learning new things, getting excited, trying it, it not working out like I imagined, getting frustrated, spin my wheels, get tired of the obstacles and roadblocks and feeling like I'm going nowhere, start over at something else, get excited, try it, it doesn't work out...etc.

But, you're absolutely right. I need to turn everything into a positive and overcome these beliefs. I also need to break it all down into chunks. My first real action should be talking to a local bank to see how much I can get pre-approved. And then I can be slightly more confident going into making an offer.

Offers cost nothing.

If I analyze a deal that comes out at $400 cashflow with a 9% ROI, and that gets me in the game, then I need to make an offer. I was just looking at a property listed for $360,000. Running the numbers on it, I would have to get it for $279,000. That seems like a crazy lowball, but I should make the offer anyway. If they counter-offer, then I get the leverage to say yes or no. Or they flat out reject it and I move on.

Another thing I've seen is just driving around the areas I want to invest in and write down all of the properties that look abandoned, vacant, or not cared for. Then, I can do some research, find the owners, and send them letters. These would be off-market deals that aren't being seen by hundreds and hundreds of people scanning the real estate websites.

And before anyone says it, house hacking is not going to happen so that's out of the question.

I always tell myself there has to be a way that it can work for me. I just doubt myself way too much and try to avoid going through the growing pains. I avoid the "hard work" because I subconsciously want to find the easy way out. I'm so tired and worn out and burned out from my full-time job that I want this process to be smooth and easy and not cause so much headache. I really think I'm trying to avoid any stress, anxiety, and negative emotions because that is what I deal with so much on a daily basis.

Why oh why can't it be easier to get the ball rolling?

I'm not 100% committed to real estate investing. It's what I sort of led myself to while journaling throughout September. Needs and problems everywhere, but yet, I don't have that idea that gets me going, that gets me up in the morning and makes me want to overcome the obstacles, that puts me in the position I want to be in as a leader, and happier, and stress free (in my own way), where I feel like I'm providing value to work around great and amazing people, to be fulfilled, and feel on top of the world. I could go on so much more.

I appreciate your response @Kung Fu Steve. I wish there were many more opportunities to sort out my brain. Your optimism and energy always lifts me up.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

A sign is when you use sentences with need, should, must, only, etc.

I’m wary of people who use those words too.

“You need to ...”

“You must ...”

“We should ...”

“X only happens when Y.”

I’m sure Steve has smarter ways of spotting them. I’m just conscious of those sorts of phrases.

G

Guest1413tpa

I've needed this thread. I've spent the past week under the weather and playing the pity card because I can't afford the deals I want right now.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
Great post @Kung Fu Steve

This is timely, I recently got out of a relationship and am dating again, hearing a lot of "I used to be in better shape, gained weight during covid.." - No you gained weight because you have bad habits and don't believe your body is a priceless gift. Covid is an excuse to justify poor behaviour...

As for my own beliefs, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I definitely think I have some scarcity beliefs which I am actively trying to address and maintain an attitude of abundance. I'm constantly thinking will sales last... and noticing as well as small things I do daily reflect this mentality, like I noticed I keep around toothpaste tubes until I squeeze every last drop. I mean I tell myself I do it to not be wasteful but I realized at the same time is that really an abundance mindset? I don't need to unnecessarily create trash but I probably don't need to roll the tube 4 times and shake to get the last few atoms of toothpaste out of there before opening a new one (slight exaggeration but you get the point). I'm still trying to find the origins of this belief.

With regards to previous beliefs a big aha moment for me was finding MJ's book and realizing this entire other path existed. There is so much scripted dogma that I didn't really consider an alternate path and was just focused on getting mediocre raises and climbing the corporate ladder before finally googling "how do I get rich" and stumbling across this forum. I think this probably resonates with a lot of others who found this place.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

Now I'm doubting myself.

This is so familiar to me. I mean, this could have been my post a couple of years ago. Heck, it could be a post on any odd day for me still.

So I've done a lot of studying, and this is what I came up with, and it might be completely wrong, but it's worked for me.

You have two parts of your brain active here, along with your limbic system.
1. You have the lizard brain, or if you prefer, the dark brain. That part wants you to be comfortable, to be safe, to be normal, to not stand out, stand up, or be seen. It wants you to shutup and get back in line. It wants you to wait to be picked, it wants you to put it off until tomorrow, it wants you to ask, "what's the use?"

2. The more modern part of your brain, let's call that the more modern logical part, the good, whatever. It yearns to be free. To be truly yourself. To be unique, and to have great experiences. To be excellent. To engage in something bigger than yourself. To push yourself to the limit to see just what you really are capable of. This part of your brain isn't active that often, since most days we are on autopilot. Much easier for the lizard to keep you entrenched in your soul crushing routine.

One of the dangers I have found is that if I just let up in one little area--if I just decide to coast a little or mail it in--it becomes a virus. It starts to erode my psyche.
The disease of neglect settles in. It attacks our self-worth and our self-confidence.

The only consistent way I have found to avoid the lizard is to beat him at his own game. I have set up a morning routine that is designed for me to do my work before I do work for anyone else. I have used MJ's 1/5/10 sheet and work it every day. I've been off the routine for a bit, but have returned to it and immediately the self-confidence returned. Most of us are our own worst critics.

You might want to read MJ's post about getting shit done here, it's such an excellent post:

Follow that advice and have faith that you are doing important work. Respect yourself enough to see things through and at least gain some valuable information and experience from it.

Remember:
Comfort will ruin you
Surrender the outcome
Do the uncomfortable

Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've worked with enough people to know that most people who rate themselves lower tend to be the high achievers. The people who always want more but never think they're doing good enough.

Me and my impostor syndrome feel personally attacked.

Jk.

I'm made of limiting beliefs! But it's funny because putting them into words it hard. Let me try.

I am smart but I'm not street smart. (Limiting Belief) Every time someone is like "omg easy peasy, I just called the dude and said "Hi I wanna do business" and they were like "cool, pitch me" and now I've got a 10 M client" I think.. I can't do that. That's not the way you approach business (Limiting Belief). That's just a one-off. Except everyone here seems to do it except for me.

"Businessmen" are always like, 40+ y/o men that just see me as a baby. A baby woman. Ready to throw me off a cliff, or flirting material. I feel inferior, intimidated and less knowledgable than an older person and don't feel worthy of selling anything to them. (Limiting Belief, happened a lot at the bank trying to sell investment accounts) this kinda goes with the last one. It's difficult for a woman to fit in a room full of men and earn respect without being called "too intense" "witch" etc.

I don't have what it takes to hustle. It's not who I am. I can pretend for a few days but that's about it. I'm brain-scattered, my meds make me slower and less sharp. I'm slowly becoming more stupid. I'll probably have early dementia. I procrastinate out of fear of failure.

I'm lazy.

TL;DR : I'm a mess.

The ones that have shifted:

I've become much less of a people pleaser though, and learnt to put myself first and say "no". I used to believe I had to be a doormat and everyone had to like me. Now I don't GAF about certain people.

I did always hold the belief that if someone is doing something out there, there's no reason I'm not capable of it. So when my mom said "life is like this" I've always (internally) disagreed. Life couldn't be that helpless. She has learned helplessness, by the way.

I used to think I needed my dad's validation cause he never gave me the time of day. Now IDGAF. I do my thing. Funny enough I've earned his respect nowadays, although I can't pinpoint why.

I blacklist people much quicker now. I've learnt the "people tell you who they are if you listen" lesson and save myself a lot of headaches.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I've found a formula that can help with making changes...

Figure out where you want to be (income/weight/etc)
Write it down.

What are the benefits of being there (for example, let's say your goal would be to sell $1M product per year, with a 10% margin for $100,000 profit after you've paid yourselves a fair wage.

What would the benefits be?
Well, that leaves you with $2000 profit per week (approximately) and what would you do with that?
Could you buy new/faster computers?
More efficient machinery?
How much would that save you? Per day?

Then why don't you go out there and make it happen, you're literally pissing away $2000 / week or $400 per business day by not doing it!

A plan, acted upon violently, beats any plan that is well thought out but never actually acted upon.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I've worked with enough people to know that most people who rate themselves lower tend to be the high achievers. The people who always want more but never think they're doing good enough. Then the people who rate themselves higher tend to be the type of over-confident people who are in a comfort zone and have little to no desire to more.

Man, that is some real insight right there @Kung Fu Steve - are you some kind of mind wizard?

Last edited:

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Every time someone is like "omg easy peasy, I just called the dude and said "Hi I wanna do business" and they were like "cool, pitch me" and now I've got a 10 M client" I think.. I can't do that. That's not the way you approach business (Limiting Belief). That's just a one-off. Except everyone here seems to do it except for me.

eh, I don’t think so. There are very few people who can do that. That’s why this forum is full of posts like “how can I do this when (limited belief) is happening,” or “I just can’t seem to get things going.” The truth is, most people are terrified to pick up the phone and cold call. Very few people are really successful at sales. It’s not just you.

I sucked at it too. I found out it’s a skill that can be learned and mastered with enough practice.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I've worked with enough people to know that most people who rate themselves lower tend to be the high achievers. The people who always want more but never think they're doing good enough. Then the people who rate themselves higher tend to be the type of over-confident people who are in a comfort zone and have little to no desire to more.

Man, that is some real insight right there @Kung Fu Steve - are you some kind of mind wizard?

"If you rated yourself a 6 or lower here's what I know about you. You're a high achiever. You're goal oriented. You're success oriented. I know that you want to get out there and build something for yourself, for your family you want to create a legacy. And i love that about you...

I also know that you're consistently stressed, frustrated, and pissed off because you're not living up to your own standards.

Remember, you don't just have to achieve to be happy... you can happily achieve.

And your next level of success demands it. The ability to manage and control your emotional state. Imagine trying to skyrocket to success but you've got this weight on your shoulders called stress, frustration, distraction. The best results come when you're in a peak emotional state. When you're in the zone.

Now, is it fair to say we ALL have an area of our life we can rate ourselves an 8, 9, 10? Of course we do.

In those areas I know you're happy, grateful, and life is good but here's the challenge when life is going really good, sometimes we get stuck in a comfort zone. When life is going really well we tend to party. When it's not, we tend to ponder. And where do we grow? That's right. Pondering.

There's an old quote by a man named Jim Rohn. He said the greatest maturity of life is to be happy and grateful for what we have, yet still hungry for more.

Happy and grateful for the money you're making. Hungry for growth in your finances. Happy with the relationship that you're in, hungry for a deeper connection. Happy with your body, grateful for it and still hungry for more health, vibrancy, energy.

Happy and hungry..."

Little except from my main talks these days. I switch it up quite a bit. After 3,000 I love getting interrupted and challenged and knocked off script. But maybe that makes a little more sense.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for pointing this out as coming to the forum has been tiring as of late.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Thanks for pointing this out as coming to the forum has been tiring as of late.

Let's not let a couple bad apples ruin it. We're living in a digital world now. And it's full of trolls and horribly angry people who hide behind keyboards. Best invention invented is the ignore button

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.