The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Journey of an Email Copywriter

Marketing, social media, advertising

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Consider NOT joining with a goal of finding clients to ghostwrite for. Maybe start your own newsletter and go in as a peer. Figure out how to grow a newsletter, monetise a newsletter, get sponsors, publish consistently, choose a format, etc. Bounce around as a peer and see what happens. Maybe you go down the newsletter rabbithole and end up not even being a copywriter? It seems counterintuitive but I think that approach would help you get to know newsletter owners better and end up bringing more copywriting clients if you do go that route.
Yeah, that would be better for me to do. I also realize I need to change my mindset when I join these groups. I'm thinking about how can I help them but I think it may be more from a selfish standpoint. When I should be joining and trying to actually be a part of a community.

Yeah, it's a possibility that I may prefer having a newsletter to copywriting. I'll make sure to be a peer in the community and connect and learn as much as I can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 40

Today I spent time in the Kajabi Facebook group. I actually got a badge from someone in the group for being their top fan so that was great to see.

I also found more eccomerce store owners that I can help so I am ready to cold email more tomorrow.

I'm planning on starting the process of making my newsletter with Convertkit tomorrow after my midterm.

I sadly couldn't find the discord for LetterGrowth to connect with the community so I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Thank you for the link but it seems to not go to the discord group. When I click the link it logs me into my discord but discord says " you find yourself in a strange place. you don't have access to any text channels or there are none in this server."

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thank you for the link but it seems to not go to the discord group. When I click the link it logs me into my discord but discord says " you find yourself in a strange place. you don't have access to any text channels or there are none in this server."
Ah, I've no idea how to share a server it seems. You'll find it. It's by the same guy who created LetterGrowth.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 41

Today I spent some time in the Kajabi and ActiveCampaign Facebook groups. Afterward, I set up the campaign to send out cold emails. I'm considering investing in Anymail finder to shorten my time manually searching for emails.

I started playing around a bit with Convertkit but as I was making it I started thinking what would I make my newsletter about? I thought I could stay in Email marketing and publish content. Or I can make a newsletter about anything else I'm interested in.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 42

So today I spent time in the Kajabi Facebook Group and the Newsletter Discord. I also read through some of the resources in the discord and decided to make my newsletter using Beehiiv instead of ConvertKit. As I started making my Newsletter my friend found it interesting and ended up making his own along with me. So now experimenting with this is going to be a lot more fun.

My Newsletter Topic will be a student-type newsletter as I learn how to get better at storytelling and Art. I'm really interested in these topics in particular and I feel I can blend them pretty well.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 42

So today I spent time in the Kajabi Facebook Group and the Newsletter Discord. I also read through some of the resources in the discord and decided to make my newsletter using Beehiiv instead of ConvertKit. As I started making my Newsletter my friend found it interesting and ended up making his own along with me. So now experimenting with this is going to be a lot more fun.

My Newsletter Topic will be a student-type newsletter as I learn how to get better at storytelling and Art. I'm really interested in these topics in particular and I feel I can blend them pretty well.
@ninjacopywriter ... you and @Wizza134 should hop on a call.

ninjacopywriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 14, 2023
@ninjacopywriter ... you and @Wizza134 should hop on a call
WOW...thank you SO MUCH @Andy Black yesterday I was thinking that I would rather focus on short-form copy instead of the freaking long sales letters I used to write in the past...

Plus, I was always good with emails hehe :) thank you sooo much for suggesting this and helping me a lot along this journey :) it means so much to me and I really really hope that once things are better, I will be able to pay it back and pay it forward for everything you've been doing :)

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 43

Today homework got the best of me and took up a lot of time but I spent some time interacting with the Kajabi community on Facebook today.

I'm using a template to design the page for my newsletter. And by tomorrow I think it will be completely set up and ready to go.

I'm also considering updating once a week or whenever something big happens instead of daily.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 44

Congratulated some people in the Kajabi group today no major conversations happened. In the Kajabi group chat most posts are from people looking for help regarding Kajabi issues and bugs. So since I'm not very qualified to answer those questions I'm actively looking for questions that I can actually help someone with. But usually, I interact with people who recently reached an achievement with Kajabi.

Today I worked on my newsletter and finished almost all the design portions of it. All I need is a simple logo and I can start publishing and learning to grow my newsletter.

I also decided to keep the thread as a daily thread because it helps keep me accountable. I'm able to really contemplate and look back at my day and see if it brought me any closer to my current goal.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 44

Congratulated some people in the Kajabi group today no major conversations happened. In the Kajabi group chat most posts are from people looking for help regarding Kajabi issues and bugs. So since I'm not very qualified to answer those questions I'm actively looking for questions that I can actually help someone with. But usually, I interact with people who recently reached an achievement with Kajabi.

Today I worked on my newsletter and finished almost all the design portions of it. All I need is a simple logo and I can start publishing and learning to grow my newsletter.

I also decided to keep the thread as a daily thread because it helps keep me accountable. I'm able to really contemplate and look back at my day and see if it brought me any closer to my current goal.
I think you'll do better in groups as a *peer*.

Now you have a newsletter maybe focus on newsletter groups, and groups using the software(s) you're using.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Man, I’m still having difficulty just being a peer, having fun, and learning in these groups. And not seeing it any other way. My mindset is still warped from what it should be. Still working on it

Yeah, I’m using Beehiiv I’ll see if I can find a group of people who also use Beehiiv or are interested in growing their newsletter.

Thank you

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Man, I’m still having difficulty just being a peer, having fun, and learning in these groups. And not seeing it any other way. My mindset is still warped from what it should be. Still working on it

Yeah, I’m using Beehiiv I’ll see if I can find a group of people who also use Beehiiv or are interested in growing their newsletter.

Thank you
Hmm.

Maybe these might help:

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Hmm.

Maybe these might help:

Thank you

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 45

Today I spent some time in the Kajabi Facebook group and the newsletter discord group.

I also read a bit about growing a newsletter on Resources for Newsletter Business Builders to help me understand more about what I need to do. I finished all the basic designs for my newsletter so all that's left to do is to start writing and growing.

I also found more e-commerce owners to cold email.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 46

I spent some time in the newsletter discord and searched for more newsletter groups to join. Later on in the day I looked into the Kajabi and ActiveCampaign groups and tried to just learn and be more social in the group.

I also spent some time thinking and drafting the first piece of content I'm going to write about. Then I studied other newsletters that are doing well and analyzed how they make their newsletter entertaining and readable. But I really need to focus on getting readers or else I'll be sending emails to nobody.

I'm also sending out another cold email campaign tomorrow.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I really need to focus on getting readers or else I'll be sending emails to nobody.
While you're in groups and communities, observe what you like chatting about and helping people with. Observe especially if people start tagging you.

Consider starting a newsletter when it's likely you get 20+ subscribers just by telling people (or announcing) you started.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 47

I didn't get much done today. A couple of family members showed up so I spent most of my time with them today.

I looked for more groups to join and participate in but couldn't find any.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 48

I spent some time in the Newsletter Discord and just read and liked some people's posts. Someone mentioned a very interesting way to monetize newsletters that I never thought of. Which is offering to make a list of people for your sponsors. Finding niche newsletters is difficult so you solve the problem for them by bringing a list of other newsletters in the same niche as well as youtube channels and communities.

Interesting talk with my mom today she happens to be having problems running Facebook ads and knows I'm interested in marketing so she asked me if I wouldn't mind helping her run Facebook ads. I of course said yes who knows I may really like Facebook ads.

While you're in groups and communities, observe what you like chatting about and helping people with. Observe especially if people start tagging you.

Consider starting a newsletter when it's likely you get 20+ subscribers just by telling people (or announcing) you started.
I really put a lot of thought into this. I had a specific plan for what I wanted to start for my newsletter but now I'm not so sure. I've been observing what I say in groups and communities so far I know I enjoy talking about newsletters. In the discord, I love seeing everyone grow their newsletter and their input on certain topics to help each other. As I talked about making a newsletter with my friend my excitement was practically bursting through the screen.

Last edited:

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 49

I spent some time in groups today mostly the newsletter chat and the Kajabi chat. I read more about newsletters but I'm still not completely sure about my niche. I'm just going to start and figure it out along the way I had a niche earlier if it doesn't work out I can always change it. I just need to focus on playing around with it and having fun and learning.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 49

I spent some time in groups today mostly the newsletter chat and the Kajabi chat. I read more about newsletters but I'm still not completely sure about my niche. I'm just going to start and figure it out along the way I had a niche earlier if it doesn't work out I can always change it. I just need to focus on playing around with it and having fun and learning.
Also have a look at SparkLoop: The #1 Newsletter Growth Platform and other referal networks. You can earn revenue getting people to subscribe to other people's newsletters.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 50

I spent some time in the Newsletter group chat today and read more about newsletters on Resources for Newsletter Business Builders. I think I know what I'm going to publish first and how I plan on growing my newsletter and account. I was planning on growing it through Twitter because it seems to be the most popular platform for getting new subscribers through posting threads and tweets.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 50

I spent some time in the Newsletter group chat today and read more about newsletters on Resources for Newsletter Business Builders. I think I know what I'm going to publish first and how I plan on growing my newsletter and account. I was planning on growing it through Twitter because it seems to be the most popular platform for getting new subscribers through posting threads and tweets.
Why not help the Duuce Twitter account with his threads?

I found him in that Discord group and followed him on Twitter to get info about his buy/sell site Duuce - Buy and Sell Newsletters - marketplace

I'm literally the only person who liked his Tweet today.

I sent this as a DM an hour ago:

1678437111785.png
H

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Why not help the Duuce Twitter account with his threads?

I found him in that Discord group and followed him on Twitter to get info about his buy/sell site Duuce - Buy and Sell Newsletters - marketplace

I'm literally the only person who liked his Tweet today.

I sent this as a DM an hour ago:

View attachment 47513
H
I didn't realize he was doing a twitter posting challenge. I saw him in the discord and his newsletter marketplace. I'll make sure to help him out.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 51

So today I spent time in the newsletter discord and went on a couple of people's Twitter profiles and liked and commented on their posts.

I read View: https://twitter.com/nathanbaugh27/status/1587069359171698689?s=20
by Nathan Baugh which detailed his steps to grow his newsletter. So I'm also going to try posting 1 tweet a day and 2 threads a week on Twitter.

When I saw his newsletter it instantly inspired me, because my newsletter is going to be in the same niche as his.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 52

So I posted my first tweet on Twitter recently and did a couple of touchups to my account (still getting there) but so far going well. I haven't written my welcome email yet so tomorrow I'm going to make sure to get that done.

I read View: https://twitter.com/HabitExamples/status/1633727823818153984?s=20
by Kody and what he did to increase his welcome email replies. I found him in the Newsletter discord he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

So the challenge after the welcome email is going to be content. I know what the first thing I'm publishing is going to be about and I'm pretty excited to write it. But I wonder if I'm going to be able to keep coming up with ideas for a topic each week and how to plan ahead with the content for each week.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
But I wonder if I'm going to be able to keep coming up with ideas for a topic each week and how to plan ahead with the content for each week.
"Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.