The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommended courses/books for b2b email copywriting?

Scuderia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 13, 2011
Australia
Hey guys,

I want to improve my b2b email copywriting skills, not email autoresponder but manual 1 to 1 emails designed to persuade and get prsopects to the next step in the sales process.

Any recommended books besides the classics. obvious (Cashvertising, Breakthrough Advertising, Scientific Advertising )

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
The thing that will help you most is not copywriting, but an understanding of the overall sales process, and what gets people to take action. And no, that's not actually copywriting.

The way I see it, the actual "writing" bit of copy is the easy part. That's why most copywriters on this forum and others are poor. They struggle to get better at the easy part, and I have yet to meet an actual rich copywriter.

The hard part is HOW to reach the right people (MOST important bit), what OFFER to make them, and how to POSITION yourself.

That bit is essential. And typically copywriters do NOT do that, with rare exceptions like Gary Halbert and others at the very top.

Typically most copywriters are given an assignment and TOLD those things by the entrepreneur, who makes the really important decisions. So if the project fails, most likely it's not your poor copy, but the entrepreneur's poor Market-Message-Media strategy.

Think about it this way. If you are going to ask them to schedule a call on your cold email, say, then WHAT you will say in that email is already very limited. The market may be oversaturated with people looking to book calls with your prospects, so your email gets ignored. Focusing on the "wording" and "Ohhh what can I say, how can I say it to move them?" is stupid. You need to re-think your entire CONCEPT and STRATEGIC approach.

Having said that, in terms of books, I recommend:
• No B.S. Direct Marketing by Dan Kennedy
• Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson
• And if you want a comprehensive STRATEGIC look at the sales process and how to turn it to your advantage including how to study your customers, the competition, make offers they can't refuse and position yourself to stand out you can take a look at my course, which you can find in my signature when accessing the forum from a tablet/Desktop or in the Marketplace section.

Good luck!

dario

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2012
Lools like you already have the basic copywriting skills.
Now it's more important to stop reading and focus more on which tools are more suited for testing your copy (e.g. A/B testing titles and message in order to improve opening rate, and engagement)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.