The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Cryptocurrency Investing Discussion

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Just want to say thanks to everyone (esp. J Scott) for sharing their thoughts. I've nothing useful to add because I decided to take a really holiday break and park in largely safe coins. I was about 80% right, so any losses were easily offset by solid gains - ETH was a good place to be these last couple months.

Back to paying attention now!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Thought you were all in to $4K ... how quickly this market changes.

:rofl::rofl: Yup... Just looking at Bitcoin 12-30 as a reference; if Bitcoin indeed does drop below $14k line into $13s.. all will go red for a few hours during the free fall. It's here where I plan to come in and buy coins for 20% off.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
:rofl::rofl: Yup... Just looking at Bitcoin 12-30 as a reference; if Bitcoin indeed does drop below $14k line into $13s.. all will go red for a few hours during the free fall. It's here where I plan to come in and buy coins for 20% off.

what a massacre, altcoins suffer hard! i Ripple lost over 50billion market cap what the hell is going on here! I guess they manipulate the market!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
Feeling out of my depth right about now! :smuggy:
Seems like you guys have it all figured out....it's interesting to follow

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Feeling out of my depth right about now! :smuggy:
Seems like you guys have it all figured out....it's interesting to follow

So far it seems pretty hard to lose. Buy coins, wait for them to go up, sell some of the profits and put it in other coins to diversify. When things drop, just stop looking at the platforms for a while and they'll go back up again. I accidentally placed a sell order a couple weeks ago. Sold all my ETH when I didn't mean to because I clicked the enter key out of habit while typing. Still didn't lose. The minor losses were offset by gains in alt coins and overall I'm sitting on double what I started with.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
So far it seems pretty hard to lose. Buy coins, wait for them to go up, sell some of the profits and put it in other coins to diversify. When things drop, just stop looking at the platforms for a while and they'll go back up again. I accidentally placed a sell order a couple weeks ago. Sold all my ETH when I didn't mean to because I clicked the enter key out of habit while typing. Still didn't lose. The minor losses were offset by gains in alt coins and overall I'm sitting on double what I started with.

Thanks for the encouragement, and for sharing your experience.

Probably overthinking things, and getting tied up in all the acronyms and new phrases, platforms etc. and trying to decide on the 'best time' to buy - having never traded before.

I guess it's never good to compare yourself to those who are already talking in the 6 - 7 figure ranges. Makes me feel silly worrying about investing £500 :rofl:

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
what a massacre, altcoins suffer hard! i Ripple lost over 50billion market cap what the hell is going on here! I guess they manipulate the market!
XRP seems like a reasonable correction to me - the relationship between adoption, potential adoption, hype and the value of the coin is really complex and I just didn't see the support for the run up. That said been holding it a while, so not too worried about the correction.

@James Fend - pleased I didn't dump my ETH yet ...

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Kodak announces they're releasing a coin yesterday to enable photographers to control image rights/IP, etc... Stock up 70% so far this morning pre-market.
This is a really smart application of this technology - massive market. Be interesting to see if Kodak can save itself with this, WENN obviously helps a lot, wonder why they chose to work with Kodak vs. all the other options out there (perhaps they hold a lot of Kodak shares).

Brand could generate a whole lot a rapid traction here - compared with some of the earlier attempts to cover these kinds of rights from unknown companies.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
guys where are we ATM:

6a00d8341c7ae753ef01348518e964970c-pi

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Complacency IMO ... (in terms of where on the curve, not my mindset) ...

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wow, a brand new technology that is shaping the internet of things and how people will do business and grow technology... and it has already peaked. Makes sense...

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Sorry - was thinking in context of the general pullback on alts. I think many of the alt coins got rapidly inflated due to an influx of dumb money - many will not come back, but people will keep thinking/hoping they will.

The overall market is still so far to the left (infancy) that there are no real patterns to judge it by.

I have an underlying concern about blockchain/mesh tecnologies which is that the tech industry is always interested in the new, new thing. So while Coin X which solves Y might be great and start to gain traction, then Coin Z comes along with different, but not necessarily better, methods and attention shifts.

The tech sector is the worst for this - so I can see it being a very long time to shake out the defacto currencies for any given vertical solution (be it digital rights, distributed storage, carbon credits, etc).

But lots of money is made in volatile markets - and in an expanding market it is not zero sum, so it's possible for the winners to exceed the losers ... It's all about the value created - which is why we're all here on Fastlane anyway ... right?

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Wow, a brand new technology that is shaping the internet of things and how people will do business and grow technology... and it has already peaked. Makes sense...
Yeah, not what I meant - see other comment.

There is a problem with conflating blockchain technology, crypto speculation and cryptocurrency value and use into one conversation. This keeps happening here and in other forums.

The loose couple connection between adoption, use and value add to the confusion IMO.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Finally bit the bullet and bought some ETH and LTC. I guess I'm no longer a cryptocurrency virgin :p
My ETH/LTC position is relatively static in combine value over the last week or so - with ETH gradually becoming a higher %age ... I think both are good long term positions to hold/hodl.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
Welcome to the party ;)

Ha ha, thanks. And thanks for starting this thread :thumbsup:

My ETH/LTC position is relatively static in combine value over the last week or so - with ETH gradually becoming a higher %age ... I think both are good long term positions to hold/hodl.

Cool. Good to know. I see them as long term too...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
ACTUALLY; LET'S GO AHEAD AND SELL ETH NOW. The Bitcoin big dip is looming and unfortunately; I don't think even ETH will be able to be immune to going down a bit with it.

Dammit James, i went all in on ETH because of your post!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
@biophase - Ah man.. what price did you buy it at? Depending on what Bitcoin does; it may do a .5 retracement. At that time I posted; Ethereum was signal'ing it was going parabolic from a week of building up, bleeding alt money was all dumping into Eth, it was going inverse with Bitcoin as it was downward, etc. Ran up to $1380s at the peak.

Depending on where you are sitting at; may or may not want to move.. the market is still acting a bit funny at the moment.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
@biophase - Ah man.. what price did you buy it at? Depending on what Bitcoin does; it may do a .5 retracement. At that time I posted; Ethereum was signal'ing it was going parabolic from a week of building up, bleeding alt money was all dumping into Eth, it was going inverse with Bitcoin as it was downward, etc. Ran up to $1380s at the peak.

Depending on where you are sitting at; may or may not want to move.. the market is still acting a bit funny at the moment.

I bought some in October around 300ish I think, but I just got some more at $1170 a few days ago. I'm just holding, I don't plan on selling anything. It's either to the moon or I'll ride everything down to $0.

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
All my alts are down. I can’t wait for Iota to recover to $4 so I can sell it and wash my hands of it.
Are you looking to get out of IOTA? It was always more of a long term project. They are building great partnships with Bosch, car companies etc. It is still one of my largest holdings. I'd love to hear why you'd like to wash your hands of it.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Are you looking to get out of IOTA? It was always more of a long term project. They are building great partnships with Bosch, car companies etc. It is still one of my largest holdings. I'd love to hear why you'd like to wash your hands of it.

I know it’s a long term HODL, but It’s the one Alt pulling my portfolio down. Realistically I’m just whining about short term fluctuations

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.