The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Cryptocurrency Investing Discussion

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
Putting more into XRB (raiblocks.) If anyone else has researched XRB I'd love to hear your opinion. Quite bullish on it.

It is being built to be used as a currency but has fast transaction times and no fees (similar technology to IOTA.) They have made it to #35 in terms of marketcap on just 3, crappy exchanges. They are being added to some more exchanges soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
Sounds like a good idea.. somewhere where I can leave my profanity when I buy in at the very tail end of a run!

Done! Fastlane Crypto on Slack.. Anybody interested - the Invite link: Create Account | Slack

Hi James,
This link was not working for me. Could you send another invite link if it is still live?
Thanks!

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
Right now, transferring BTC from gdax to BTC account on Poloniex takes about 8-11 hours. The bitcoin transfer speeds are ridiculously slow.

I am gonna follow @JScott and do most transactions using etherium.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Interesting, just saw MJ is an advisor for RISE token.. I've watched it for a while and might dig in further now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Anyone else see major computer lag when on binance? All other pages are good but my computer freezes up on binance... sent some MTH there to sell and trade for ICX but it's giving me a hell of a hard time. ED, GDAX, etc all good and just binance acting up.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
My Macbook is constantly spun up when I am on Binance. My Win10 machine does even say boo, so i'm not sure what the deal is. Running Chrome on both machines.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Yes, seems Binance has some issues. I'm not able to use my favorite browser Epic (eliminates many trackers) when I use Binance.
It won't allow me to login. Coinbase no prob. Cryptomania no prob. But Binance, a whole different story.

Anyone know of a work around , would greatly appreciate hearing about it, besides giving up on Binance completely.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
What are your thinking about with these movements today?

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I think too many rumors with Korea and shutting exchanges plus news saying crypto to crypto will be taxed next year that will have a lot of speculators cashing out.... we'll see though.
I just got some MTH and ETH out of Etherdelta onto binance to try and buy up some ICX and am waiting for a dip before I do. Tried at $3.50 yesterday but it shot right back to $5...

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
And MTH was avout .50 when I sent it over and by the time it confirmed and was tradable it fell to .33 :(

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
My long term alt holdings are up a bit today (XRP, XVG, ADA), thinking of dumping ada and moving somewhere else. Also have about 2.5k in USD and the 2.5k in LTC, planning the next move

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
My long term alt holdings are up a bit today (XRP, XVG, ADA), thinking of dumping ada and moving somewhere else. Also have about 2.5k in USD and the 2.5k in LTC, planning the next move
LTC and ETH are my two best performance holdings. Always smart to hold them.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
LTC and ETH are my two best performance holdings. Always smart to hold them.

I was going for the swing on LTC and got in at what I thought was a low ($254) now its at $240, waiting for a reversion

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I was going for the swing on LTC and got in at what I thought was a low ($254) now its at $240, waiting for a reversion
My avg in LTC was $84 but I was able to buy down and avg out at $63 ;) as it dips just buy more and you'll be ok. I can't imagine it not hitting $400 over the next year. (If not more)

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
ICX just released on Huobi and likely to hit Coinone at the beginning of the year. Mainnet launching in January, most likely, and rumors are that they will be launching a decentralized exchange as well. This could end up being the defacto on-boarding spot for Korean crypto investors (much like Coinbase in the US). The Korea news about shutting down exchanges is great news or ICX.

This coin is my big bet for the year...
Yeah, it looks like a great idea. I'm going to trade some of my stagnant alts for some new alts and keep my long positions in ETH and LTC as is

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
ICX just released on Huobi and likely to hit Coinone at the beginning of the year. Mainnet launching in January, most likely, and rumors are that they will be launching a decentralized exchange as well. This could end up being the defacto on-boarding spot for Korean crypto investors (much like Coinbase in the US). The Korea news about shutting down exchanges is great news or ICX.

You would say it's a go?

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I don't tell other people what to invest in... But, I will say that I have nearly seven figures in this coin.
Definitely one of the pre ico buys I wish I would have been able to get in on with your group! One of these days ;)

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
RIPPLE (XRP) is running, its a matter of time hitting 10$.... watch out!

Verge (XVG) its recovering slowly, still potential here!

GenYJourney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 11, 2015
California
Not sure if anyone is following Mobius but it has caught my interest.

Built on the Stellar blockchain and has quicker confirmation times than Ethereum. Utilizes consensus protocol instead of proof of work protocol, which equates to about 1000 transactions/ sec. (Source
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Gmwuow-s4
)

Strong advisors: Jed McCaleb, Jackson Palmer, Daniel Cawrey

Thoughts?

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Not sure if anyone is following Mobius but it has caught my interest.

Built on the Stellar blockchain and has quicker confirmation times than Ethereum. Utilizes consensus protocol instead of proof of work protocol, which equates to about 1000 transactions/ sec. (Source
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Gmwuow-s4
)

Strong advisors: Jed McCaleb, Jackson Palmer, Daniel Cawrey

Thoughts?
There are so many others that are exceeding 3-4x that transactions per second. I didn't look at it so not knocking it but if the transactions per second are the driver I would pass.
Once lightning is up and running on LTC or the upgrades ETH is making I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of alts go by the wayside that are focused on transaction speed and scalability.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
I bought into Dent Wireless last night on a big dip, right after they released their IOS app....lol. Some folks were pissed about that. I'm up 30% today. There is a lot of shit wrong that the team can fix pretty easily and make this one go up pretty fast. I'm finding that potential, plus, where you buy-in is everything. I like not stressing about whether the price goes up or down.

(Edit: I want to add a note as to WHY I bought this)

The good:
They have a product that I can put my hands on, its not just a BRIGHT idea
The price dipped after the IOS release. Buy when things are stupid cheap
Its only been listed on a couple of crappy exchanges, but have a $260m market cap
LOTS of room for improvement and expansion
Fulfilling a big need, and no one else has done this yet
So-so team
Great big community of hopeful supporters

The Bad:
So-so team
shitty website
shitty communication
Potential competition
High number of coins, but this may not be relevant due to the business model

I am optimistic that this thing is going to sneak up and folks are gonna ask "where the F*ck did this thing come from?" It was at #104 on coinmarketcap last night. Today its in the mid 80's around Walton and XP, and its not listed on any of the big exchanges.

Last edited:

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana

ICX is your "big bet" - does that make it your favorite to be highest return for 2018? If not, what would be your favorite?

I'm looking to decide on 1 or 2 alt coins to buy, since I think this year quite a few of them will beat the returns of Bitcoin/Ethereum.

What about favorite combination of safety/up-side? Bitcoin is mine when factoring in the potential of losing money.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Im pretty new to this, but found it very similar to Forex ( in some concepts ) when buying on other exchanges against prices of other coins.

I know this is probably not new, but I wish someone would have told me about all the cumbersome shet that goes on in the background....

Like how these exchanges can not handle volume ( looking at you Binance, Coss, Mercatox, and a few others ) and how it can take days for your coins to show up in your wallet once you transfer them, etc. The pumps and dumps ( XVG ) and how flimsy the whole process seems IF you do anything outside Gdax and Brittex ( which is not accepting new ). Some times it seems like this stuff is set up on a house of cards.

Maybe I haven't found the right places yet.. but I know I had a shitty feeling when I couldn't access my XRB for days on Mercatox and couldn't buy on Binance either some others I wanted to get in on because of all the issues they can not handle.

Not a rant or a complaint. Really not.

I just freaked out on every step, but I guess that's bc I got in right before a ton of upswing ( mid Dec ) and I am just seeing how congested things are in crazy markets.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Im pretty new to this, but found it very similar to Forex ( in some concepts ) when buying on other exchanges against prices of other coins.

I know this is probably not new, but I wish someone would have told me about all the cumbersome shet that goes on in the background....

Like how these exchanges can not handle volume ( looking at you Binance, Coss, Mercatox, and a few others ) and how it can take days for your coins to show up in your wallet once you transfer them, etc. The pumps and dumps ( XVG ) and how flimsy the whole process seems IF you do anything outside Gdax and Brittex ( which is not accepting new ). Some times it seems like this stuff is set up on a house of cards.

Maybe I haven't found the right places yet.. but I know I had a shitty feeling when I couldn't access my XRB for days on Mercatox and couldn't buy on Binance either some others I wanted to get in on because of all the issues they can not handle.

Not a rant or a complaint. Really not.

I just freaked out on every step, but I guess that's bc I got in right before a ton of upswing ( mid Dec ) and I am just seeing how congested things are in crazy markets.

Yeah, you came aboard at a hectic time. The entire market is busting at the seams and you're feeling the seams tearing. At this point I'm honestly used to it though it can definitely be frustrating at times. For example, last night it looked almost certain that TRX was going to correct, and halfway through Binance upgrade begins. During that almost 2 hour window the hype machine hyped up TRX so much that it went on to DOUBLE in price over the next 12 hours. It's a very dynamic environment with pitfalls at every turn.

My big plays right now are EOS and QLC, curious to see what happens in Seoul on the 13th for EOS's "big announcement".

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
The big reason I like ICX is that I think it's relatively low risk compared to other coins. I believe there is a lot of upside, but not a lot of downside.
Great input. Thanks for the info!

What exchange can I use to buy it? It's on Binance, but they have paused allowing any new users. Hitbtc also has it, but has terrible reviews.

Last edited:

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
I think it will emerge as one of the "blue chip" coins, at which point it has the potential to increase several times over.

I got the impression you are waiting for your ICX coins to be unlocked and cash in profits from the pre-ICO purchase? Or will that be just to get back some decent ROI and let most of it run long term?

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
@JScott Awesome to see you doing so well here man! Glad to see some other people really getting into the research behind their coins instead of just jumping on the wagon (although I don't mind the jumpers since they rocket my portfolio!)

My biggest holding is in Tron (TRX) that I got into at $0.017 so I have quite a few thankfully! Huge bull run on TRX lately and I'm up almost 500% since purchase! Ripple (XRP) and Stellar Lumens (XLM) are another two that make a large portion of my portfolio and I'm so glad I grabbed them at the beginning of Dec! Both are almost even in gain % almost at 300%. Unbelievable.

One coin that I hold a few of is Verge (XVG). It's actually down 18.5% right now, but I have a feeling that it's going to surge soon. It's a completely decentralized privacy coin and with people learning about the differences (and the tax stuff) I feel like it's in for a bull run in the next few months. They had some bad press a while back so are currently worth $0.16, all that means is it only costs me $160 to buy 1,000 coins. I'm good with those numbers! And worst case, the coin dies and I don't break the bank loosing the investment.

I'm huge into researching sub-$1 coins right now and buying big numbers for cheap if I like the tech and team behind them. That's how I found Tron, Ripple, Lumens and IOTA. All massive gainers right now.

Again, like @JScott says I'm far from an expert and definitely not good enough to give advice but I love talking and sharing what I know. Crypto is one of those few spaces where sharing knowledge only benefits everyone! I'm not going to loose my market space by telling anyone what I'm doing. Instead the price could actually increase! Win-win? haha

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.