The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

the cryptocurrency and NFT's scam

Anything related to investing, including crypto

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
Well, I want to get what I think of cryptos and NFTs since there is a very big hyperbolic discount on the part of so many people. People are betting on junk projects that make them rich overnight and are not focused on having a long-term business, crypto has to be the last thing! There is also an incredible FOMO, I see everyone in the world because they believe that if they do not surf the trend they will lose millions, the only crypto millionaires were the pioneers and the creators of projects, remember, they are the producers and if we buy your project will grow then we are consumers being milked. People do not understand the great premise of cryptocurrency, which is to dethrone centralization, but at this rate with all the projects that are triggered by the FOMO and memecoins they are taking away all the credibility and reputation for what cryptocurrencies had exploited 2 years ago. 3 years. What do you think about it? I still believe that crypto> fiat but the paradigm in which they are right now is touching my balls. Not to mention the manipulations of the whales, these people buy information from the leveraged people to be able to sell down and eliminate all the leveraged ones and be able to buy back cheaper, in this way make millions in seconds, INCREDIBLE monopoly abuse.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Meh. Look at how anything with "tech" in the title reacted in 1998-1999. Look at how the internet has literally changed the entire planet since then.

95% of anything crypto related won't even exist as more than a forgotten joke in 10 years, the rest will have altered humanity in ways we can't even imagine right now.

Just strap in and hold on. Participate in it now or choose not to. It really doesn't matter. Those who didn't invest in apple and google and MS are doing just fine today. You don't need to know what's going on to benefit from what is to come.

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
Meh. Look at how anything with "tech" in the title reacted in 1998-1999. Look at how the internet has literally changed the entire planet since then.

95% of anything crypto related won't even exist as more than a forgotten joke in 10 years, the rest will have altered humanity in ways we can't even imagine right now.

Just strap in and hold on. Participate in it now or choose not to. It really doesn't matter. Those who didn't invest in apple and google and MS are doing just fine today. You don't need to know what's going on to benefit from what is to come.
In 2000 the stock market crisis calmed the waters, but cryptos are very different from a company, you can throw any garbage and with a small promotion they can already get large capitalization, in fact many esport athletes on twitter dedicate themselves to NFT promos or promote cryptocurrencies That they will not solve any problem, also do you know how difficult it is to grow a startup to go public and more at that time with scarce resources? cryptocurrencies are 300 times easier to scale and fraud abounds, I'm still in favor of BTC and solid projects but the rest sucks

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
There is also an incredible FOMO, I see everyone in the world because they believe that if they do not surf the trend they will lose millions, the only crypto millionaires were the pioneers and the creators of projects, remember, they are the producers and if we buy your project will grow then we are consumers being milked.
In my experience this is the case with just about anything that is not normal or natural. Even the fastlane author claims the 1%. A means to an end, for the authors/producer/creators? Some kind of balancing act. My personal journey was But then again I am reading 'Origins of Man' at the moment. :)

tenacity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 16, 2021
UK
In 2000 the stock market crisis calmed the waters, but cryptos are very different from a company, you can throw any garbage and with a small promotion they can already get large capitalization, in fact many esport athletes on twitter dedicate themselves to NFT promos or promote cryptocurrencies That they will not solve any problem, also do you know how difficult it is to grow a startup to go public and more at that time with scarce resources? cryptocurrencies are 300 times easier to scale and fraud abounds, I'm still in favor of BTC and solid projects but the rest sucks
Yeah most NFTs are not going to have a healthy floor price and are just going to get less interest and die out. Only the big projects are going to go further. You are right 100%, it is so much easier for people to launch nft collections and make hundreds of thousands, millions off launch and off secondary marketplace royalty fees. Launching a solid crypto coin with tokenomics (locked allocations for team members etc) can also generate a lot of money in a lot of a shorter time span. Things in crypto move fast and can make people millions overnight and can also make people lose a lot of money.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If it is so easy why don’t you start a project and make your millions?

In fact it is quite competitive these days, among the projects. The barrier is quite high that they aren’t many projects that can last more than 6 months without deep pockets such as VC backing.

There is no intellectual property protection in open sourece crypto space. Many good defi projects found themselves in a hard place now. Defi was still a new hype in late 2020 and early 2021.

Over the past 12 months the entire crypto market cap was more or less unchanged. Projects become more and more and each mini bull and leveraged up cycle we see different projects on the top 30 list (other than btc and eth).

Barrier of entry for getting recognised as a decent project is quite high these days but once you get it right, I agree that you scale infinitely fast than traditional business or even traditional internet business.

You sound like a lot crypto projects are making unjustifiably easy money that make other people jealous. It is largely a myth perpetuated by media. The devils are in the details and the details are in the number.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.