• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your income—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

The coming recession

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by CPisHere, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Curtis Randolph

Curtis Randolph Determined Problem Solver Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $350
    Can you elaborate on this or is this private?

[/QUOTE]

Healthcare, to me, is probably the biggest strain on everyone, but there are already disruptions happening which a lot of people aren't seeing yet. I think these private injections (pardon the pun) of new capitalistic ideas are going to crush the national medicine doctrine we have, and bring about a much simpler system. I'm already a part of it.
    .[/QUOTE]

Real Deal Denver likes this.
  2. Supercar

Supercar Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $909
  3. justonemore

justonemore Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $356
    I can't speak to what he posted, but if you watch the JRE video on page 2, it sounds like stem cell injections may cure a lot of major issues better than anything else. Imagine 1 treatment that can cure 50 major problems. If true, that's major disruption. Many thousands will be healthier, and many thousands will lose their job.

Curtis Randolph likes this.
  4. Supercar

Supercar Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $909
    No, the scientific and technical progress in the last 50-100 years alone has not shown to lower the price of healthcare. Quite the opposite. Nor is the proress likely to cause a recession. It is the OPM (other peoples money) that everyone in the industry, especially the insured patients, is so eager to spend, plus the good old hungry lawyers, that are responsible for the spiraling costs.

The basic healthcare is simple and cheap. Always been and will always be. The changes in the advanced healtcare and terminal care are unlikely to bring down the economy. Unless they invent a method to preserve human heads in glass jars, like in the Futurama, and then the lawyers claim that the afterlife in a jar is a basic human right of every American. But we are gettting off-topic here.

ZF Lee likes this.
  5. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $897
    What? Cheap is relative. When it's half a house payment, I don't call that cheap. I know lots and lots of people that don't have it. That's a putrid giant stain on our so called great country. Even Cuba manages to care for their people. Our worthless politicians should be SO ashamed, but that's modus operandi for them!

The health industry/cartel needs a crushing blow, and I am hoping Bezos and Buffett will lead the charge. If Gates and Zuckerberg joined them, that could be the greatest boon to the country's economy in the last 50 years. The gas embargo was nothing - absolutely nothing - compared to the health care crisis.

Crush them all - they'll recover. They have the "care plan" to handle it. Too many good people don't.

Even our government couldn't handle this monster. We need business minded people to do it, and we have them. I hope they are up to taking it on.

Yoda and MiaMills like this.
  6. MiaMills

MiaMills Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $190
    If I may pipe in from a mother's perspective, I agree wholeheartedly about the medical industrial complex. Lots of people are turning to alternative healthcare providers and concierge type practices and medical sharing programs. This is the future IMO.

Real Deal Denver likes this.
  7. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $897
    This is news to me. Can you provide more details?

ZF Lee likes this.
  8. CPisHere

CPisHere Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,842
    Christian Healthcare is an insurance alternative, medical sharing program.

9. MiaMills

Rep Bank:
    $190
    Yes, faith based medical sharing programs are exempt from the Affordable Care Act. Concierge medical practices require a membership and monthly fee and don't deal with insurance at all. Alternative healthcare providers include naturopaths, chiropractors, acupuncture, etc. that wouldn't normally be covered by insurance anyway.

10. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $909
  11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $269,610
    Admin Post
    Everyone says there needs to be a "bubble" impetus, like loose credit (housing crash), or the tech bubble, or something.

At some point, the deficit spending and the national debt will be that impetus. This can't continue.

Hard assets cannot be stressed.

12. CPisHere

CPisHere Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,842
    Considering we can print as much money as we want, I don't see how that is a hard asset, nor what would cause it to not be able to not continue.

13. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $269,610
    Admin Post
    I don't consider money a hard asset.

A house is a hard asset.

If the dollar becomes worthless, the home has intrinsic value.

14. CPisHere

Rep Bank:
    $2,842
    I'm not sure I follow your point then.

How are hard assets tested via the national debt (if that's what you are saying)? What makes you think the national debt is unsustainable/will cause a recession?

15. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $2,973
    That was the philosophy of my great grandmother who raised a family during the depression. She owned her little home, had a basement full of veggies canned straight from the garden, and even an old fashioned hand pumped well. She loved to remind us that you couldn't eat dollar bills, even though we found thousands of them stuck between the pages of old magazines after she died.

I think the old-timers had a better idea of what it means to be free than most of the rest of us. They also never expected life to be anything but hard, which gives a person a certain fearless outlook on the world.

16. JohnnyAppleseed

JohnnyAppleseed Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1,169
    Another thing to keep in mind is that social relations are at an all time low. If a big enough recession or even another great depression is to happen than business owners (and people in general) better be prepared to heighten up their level of security.

Radicals from multiple different interests groups are starting to pop up all over the country and things could get crazy. Especially if they're broke, unemployed, and not receiving welfare and/or affirmative action.

17. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $269,610
    Admin Post
    Exactly. You can't eat worthless dollar bills, nor will dollar bills provide you shelter or warmth, unless you burn it in a fire.

When the national debt is erased by rapid inflation or a reset (Hey, for each $1000 of old USD you have, you can trade it in for one World-dollar, the new currency!) I want to hold assets that will move with the reset.

That's hard assets because they have intrinsic value, the biggest being a house, preferably off the grid and self-sustainable.

18. socaldude

socaldude Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,766
    I love discussing the us dollar because it exposes what money actually is. Its a lesson in debt and perception of value.

If the dollar becomes worthless you are better off buying tons of coffee or tons of corn.

This is one of the reasons i didn’t take out a mortgage in the US.

Fiscal Independence as much as possible.

I laughed when i was taught in school about the “risk free rate” or full faith of us govt

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  19. MiaMills

Rep Bank:
    $190
    Or cigarettes. Or matches. Or ammo. :p

ZF Lee likes this.
  20. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $705
    Exactly. My dad has similar stories growing up on a farm in a large family (12 kids). They avoided going to the store as much as possible because back then, money was scarce. they had a large garden and canned a lot of stuff. They were very self sufficient.

He always told me that civilization is six meals away from a revolution.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  21. ValueGenerator

ValueGenerator New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $26
    I have no idea what Curtis was talking about, but here is my two cents:

Dr. Chris Kresser is starting a movement to address this situation. He is spearheading a movement of health coaches working with doctors to address the inefficiencies in the current system. His take on the current state of healthcare:

“Making a few small tweaks to our current system and expecting that to work is like rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic as it inexorably sinks into the ocean. Too little, too late.”

I have zero affiliation with him. I only know this because I am very much into healthy eating and lifestyle. I did consider being a part of the health coach training. However, I decided against it because it was not Fastlane enough for me

MiaMills and Real Deal Denver like this.
  22. Supercar

Rep Bank:
    $909
    When someone coined the phrase "cold hard cash" I bet they were not referring to paper money.

Kingmaker likes this.
  23. RobD88

RobD88 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,004
    The great Jim Rohn once said the next ten years will be a lot like the last ten years. Every economic expansion is followed by a recession and we always return to the mean at some point. I believe the market is bound for a crash in the near future but it won't be any worse than any other in history. It won't affect every aspect of our economy. It will have little impact on the masses as a whole. We will all continue to move forward.

I think the best thing we can do as entrepreneurs is to diversify our business strategy and make sure we are not too reliant on any one customer segment or market segment. As long as we are providing value we will stay afloat.

24. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $897
    You would think so.

But that's not true.

I was in a business in November of 2007. I remember it well because ALL of my customers went out of business within 30 days. I am talking about small business operations that employed from 4 to 50 people. All of these good people lost their jobs overnight through no fault of their own. These were hard working, honest, respectable people just trying to make a living and support a family. The ripple effect was immediate, and put many more people out of business, including myself.

It could happen to anyone. Don't rest easy.

ZF Lee likes this.
  25. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,338
    ALL went out of business?
    What really happened with the economy? How did everyone went out of business. It wasn't even 2008 yet.

RobD88 likes this.