The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

marcogalloro

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 7, 2022
The greatest lesson of all...

LOVE THE HELL OUT OF OTHERS AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU CAN EAT.

The hell? This is a @zen******* secret? It is, and let me prove to you why.

When you love others with a genuine heart, you become more present to their feelings which include their pains and needs. You approach them from the position of, “How can I improve this person’s life? How can I add value to this person’s life?” as opposed to, “Where can I get money? COME ON GIVE ME THE MONEY!”.

This is the mindset I see a lot of people have: “The XYZ market is a $50B market and is about to explode 30% within the next 2 years. I’m going to get into that and get a piece of the pie!”. The ice cream shop has the right to refuse service to anyone and does not serve those with that mindset. We only serve ice cream to those who love others and solve their pains. Well, maybe we’ll offer plain vanilla to the 99% who don’t.

Do you think someone will tell you their pains and needs if you genuinely show them that you want to help improve their lives? Or are they more likely to tell you their pains if you approach them from the angle of, “Hey would you buy this product from me? Come on, buy it!”

When you love the hell out of others, you begin building a brand with a noticeable heart. Customers WILL notice this and you will develop a loyal following. They will tell their friends and post it all over Facebook. You notice how In n’ Out Burger has a loyal following of fans? That’s because they show love for their employees and love for their customers by striving to always satisfy everyone’s needs. It’s a hamburger joint with a friggin’ culture. I love it. The employees are always joyful as hell. The company has HEART and SOUL. Compare that to the majority of other fast food joints who are just a cold cash taker.

Sometimes it’s not always about profit. Love others first and the ice cream will come.

I’ve never met zen******* in person but his whole vibe OOZES of love, heart, honor, and integrity. He wants to help you better your life. He doesn’t fear the success of those he mentors. I would trust that guy with a $100,000 personal loan. He obviously doesn’t need my money, but you get my point. I bet you a bunch of people bring him deals and opportunities to partner up simply because of his vibe of love and integrity.

Love others. Drop the greed because it will blind you to opportunities for more ice cream around you. When you harness this mindset for a long enough amount of time, you will see the abundance of possibilities and realize the ice cream is everywhere. Fear and scarcity WILL be replaced by confidence and abundance.

@JackEdwards wasn't lying when he said, "The moment you stop caring about money is the moment you start making money". Respect to you, good sir.
This was incredible. Rare to see someone competent with also caring.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yomiflexx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2022
What’s up guys. Some of you may remember me from my thread in which I thanked zen******* for dropping wisdom bombs all over the world. If you haven’t checked that thread out, please take a look at it and get moving with learning copywriting so you can learn how to print your own money(legally).

I’m starting this thread because Z told me to share the ice cream with others. I have mad respect for the guy so naturally it had to be done. By golly, all I used to have was a little pint of ice cream for myself and now I have an ice cream factory for everybody to eat from! There is a seat reserved for you at the table of abundance, but it’s up to you to work for it.

I will be explaining the secret Zen side of the Dolphin that he never speaks of, but has become glaringly obvious to those who study the WHY and HOW behind his posts.

But before I dive into giving you some ice cream, a little bit about myself…

27 years old. Was a wantrepreneur for a long time, but didn’t even know it. Yup, I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed. Started a bunch of different businesses for all the wrong reasons so I ultimately failed at each one. A few years into it, I finally hit the bottom and got sick of the shit life I was living so I wrote into my journal and started reflecting. It went something like, “I’m tired of who I am. Tired of the life I’m living. Tired of seeing all my friends get ahead in their corporate job while I’m here trying to figure things out. Just sick of my life in general”. Bottom line, I was at my lowest point and the fire under my a$$ was burning so hot that I had no other choice but to take some dedicated immediate action to get real results…or risk being forever frustrated in the hamster wheel of the 9-5.

Studied zen*******’s posts very closely and began to read in between the lines of what he was saying. I wasn’t looking for business strategies. I wanted to know and understand the mindset behind the madman. Why was he doing X? How was he doing Y?

Started learning copy. I read some books and copied some sales letters by hand for a few months. My day looked something like this: Work the 9-5. Go home pissed as hell at my boss. Drink, write copy, drink, write copy, pass out drunk. Repeat for a long time until I got a good grasp of writing copy. I don’t recommend drinking to learn copy…ice cream seems to work pretty well too. Drinking is fun though…I’d rather burn as bright as a 1,000 watt bulb and burn out in 10-minutes than live life like a 10-watt bulb for the next 40 years.

Armed with my new knowledge of copy, I set forth to start a software business. While interviewing many different people in many different industries, I discovered a real need that couldn’t be solved online but could be taken care of offline…I prefer offline businesses anyway so I jumped into it head first. You can start an offline business faster because you don’t have to spend months on software development.

30 days later my sales were in the low 5-figure range. Let me tell you…when you go from making crap money and barely scraping to get by, to suddenly making 5-figures a month the feeling is sweeter than a gallon of ice cream.

That’s my story in a nutshell. I left out a lot of the details of the mental struggle: broken heart, angry parents, isolated friends, etc.

I will respectfully decline any requests to disclose what my business is. This forum was once a close knit group of homies, but with the success of MJ’s book there are now tons of new members and a few took the liberty of stealing from some of the greatest contributors here. The mindset is 80% of the game anyway and that’s what I’m trying to teach here.

On to the lessons…
Great write up , truly inspiring me to show more love

Danny_Cox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Apr 26, 2022
Bristol, UK
I keep looping on this EXACT thing. I helped my mother turn her life around following a suicide attempt by sharing with her everything I'd learned about mindfulness from my teacher (plus a tonne of practice, reading & listening).

After that, my teacher told me 'okay, you're a teacher now!' and instructed me to speak to more people all over the world. PLENTY of people are unhappy, so commandment of need is taken care of.

Actually, this service would fulfil all 5 commandments. But there's one issue—my teaching lineage doesn't charge fees. We'll take donations, but that's it, because to limit access to this life-saving information would make us no better than the U.S. healthcare system.

The big question, really, is this: can a donation-only model work? I don't need millions; I'm happy if I can just get out of the rental trap and keep sharing this most valuable information I've ever found.

Mavsen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 5, 2022
Mexico City

LOVE THE HELL OUT OF OTHERS AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU CAN EAT.

When you love others with a genuine heart, you become more present to their feelings which include their pains and needs. You approach them from the position of, “How can I improve this person’s life? How can I add value to this person’s life?” as opposed to, “Where can I get money? COME ON GIVE ME THE MONEY!”.

This is the mindset I see a lot of people have: “The XYZ market is a $50B market and is about to explode 30% within the next 2 years. I’m going to get into that and get a piece of the pie!”. The ice cream shop has the right to refuse service to anyone and does not serve those with that mindset. We only serve ice cream to those who love others and solve their pains. Well, maybe we’ll offer plain vanilla to the 99% who don’t.

Do you think someone will tell you their pains and needs if you genuinely show them that you want to help improve their lives? Or are they more likely to tell you their pains if you approach them from the angle of, “Hey would you buy this product from me? Come on, buy it!”

When you love the hell out of others, you begin building a brand with a noticeable heart. Customers WILL notice this and you will develop a loyal following. They will tell their friends and post it all over Facebook. You notice how In n’ Out Burger has a loyal following of fans? That’s because they show love for their employees and love for their customers by striving to always satisfy everyone’s needs. It’s a hamburger joint with a friggin’ culture. I love it. The employees are always joyful as hell. The company has HEART and SOUL. Compare that to the majority of other fast food joints who are just a cold cash taker.

Sometimes it’s not always about profit. Love others first and the ice cream will come.

I’ve never met zen******* in person but his whole vibe OOZES of love, heart, honor, and integrity. He wants to help you better your life. He doesn’t fear the success of those he mentors. I would trust that guy with a $100,000 personal loan. He obviously doesn’t need my money, but you get my point. I bet you a bunch of people bring him deals and opportunities to partner up simply because of his vibe of love and integrity.

Love others. Drop the greed because it will blind you to opportunities for more ice cream around you. When you harness this mindset for a long enough amount of time, you will see the abundance of possibilities and realize the ice cream is everywhere. Fear and scarcity WILL be replaced by confidence and abundance.

@JackEdwards wasn't lying when he said, "The moment you stop caring about money is the moment you start making money". Respect to you, good sir.
Don't know if you'll read this after 8 years, but I really want to thank you for this post. It really explains the concept of providing value from MJ's books in a very clear and simple way, yet it goes deeper. I also love the positive effect this mentality has and how it spreads positivity to everyone who touches it.I'm literally just starting out and I will do my best to fully understand and live by this principle.
As it sounds, you just gifted me an inmense advantage just at the starting line of my journey. What you did for me and many others by writing this I´ll try to replicate in other aspects of my life.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
The company has HEART and SOUL. Compare that to the majority of other fast food joints who are just a cold cash taker.
First up, thank you for this post, further helping cementing the belief of help others first, then money will follow.

The line quoted above truly defines what is meant by a brand. Most companies out there, as you said, are out for your cash, and will sometimes neglect their own customers just to maximize profit.

But a brand is trust. Trust between the customer that the business will always provide value to them. Think for example Apple. The first thing to come to mind (at least for me) is sleek design, pretty good OS, great phones for capturing videos; an overall luxurious product. Get this, I have never owned an Apple product in my life, but these are my impressions of it!

This is what branding does. If done correctly, it will have amazing effects. This is what MJ calls in his books: "Productocracy".

The question which remains is how do you build this branding, and you summarized it quite nicely: "love others with a genuine heart". Essentially, help others fix their stuff without anticipating, wanting anything in return.

MagicMoney

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 8, 2023
OK, i' m not understanding, this Zxxxx or whatever was banned for MLM scheme/scamming and icecreamkid and him are friends and promoting copywriting as the hidden golden goose? yeah i didn't write 34 pages.

is just confusing. can help me understand this

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
can help me understand this

Someone should run the entire thread through an AI summation tool because I'm sure you're not alone. I'm on Firefox and don't have an AI summarizer plugin.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
OK, i' m not understanding, this Zxxxx or whatever was banned for MLM scheme/scamming and icecreamkid and him are friends and promoting copywriting as the hidden golden goose? yeah i didn't write 34 pages.

is just confusing. can help me understand this
Z**** was banned. ICK was disappointed at Z**** turning out to not be above board. ICK's message still stands imo.

jeandearme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 2, 2011
I recently realized that some people are just not cut to make it in business.

There are no astonishing secrets to anything. Just some people get this game naturally and some will struggle all their life. I tried a lot for the last 16 years and I'm still broke af, failed. A bit tired of trying yet another venture and thinking of banning YouTube so I don't see those young guys that at 21yo are making $100k/mo. It gets depressing with age when you still struggle to make it.

Couple days ago I went to see my old family home. On the corner of the street, like 100 meters from said home, there was a lemonade stand with like 6-7 kiddos. The stand was of 3 of them, two were like 8-9yo and one was 14yo and they were there the whole vacation time and earn not that bad. They were selling homemade lemonade and apple juice. We spoke a little and the oldest one (14yo) already knew what inflation is. I can already see bright future ahead of him. Me, being 2,5x his age, had strange feeling of being late - I learned about inflation just few years ago...

I think the whole secret is to start looking for your thing young and once you find it, get good at it (aka hard work). People make it all look way too easy so later with that expectation it's easy to get frustrated "Oh, but it looked a bit easier to make". Most probably it's just me feeling resigned. There is finite amount of failures one can take. Sorry for the rant. Just got the notification about new posts here and it somehow made me write it.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just some people get this game naturally and some will struggle all their life.
I tried a lot for the last 16 years and I'm still broke af, failed.

That mindset right there is why it isn't working.

It isn't just those two options - other people work on things in the right way and steadily build success.
Your main belief about why you failed is absolute nonsense.

- What is the thing you wanted to succeed in?
- What are the skills and mindsets needed to succeed in those?
- Have you put in the time and energy to learn them all?

You can't work the right plan for 16 years and it doesn't work.

So you either don't have a good plan or you haven't been doing the work.

Imagine going to the gym for 16 years and you made no physical changes.

and thinking of banning YouTube so I don't see those young guys that at 21yo are making $100k/mo

Youtube recommends what you watch - so this is you watching quick money style content.

Make a real thread on the forum, break down your actual approach and why it hasn't been working, get back on track.

Some tough love - but what you wrote is all limiting beliefs and straw man arguments.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

There are no astonishing secrets to anything. Just some people get this game naturally and some will struggle all their life. I tried a lot for the last 16 years and I'm still broke af, failed. A bit tired of trying yet another venture and thinking of banning YouTube so I don't see those young guys that at 21yo are making $100k/mo. It gets depressing with age when you still struggle to make it.

Couple days ago I went to see my old family home. On the corner of the street, like 100 meters from said home, there was a lemonade stand with like 6-7 kiddos. The stand was of 3 of them, two were like 8-9yo and one was 14yo and they were there the whole vacation time and earn not that bad. They were selling homemade lemonade and apple juice. We spoke a little and the oldest one (14yo) already knew what inflation is. I can already see bright future ahead of him. Me, being 2,5x his age, had strange feeling of being late - I learned about inflation just few years ago...

I think the whole secret is to start looking for your thing young and once you find it, get good at it (aka hard work). People make it all look way too easy so later with that expectation it's easy to get frustrated "Oh, but it looked a bit easier to make". Most probably it's just me feeling resigned. There is finite amount of failures one can take. Sorry for the rant. Just got the notification about new posts here and it somehow made me write it.
@Fox beat me to it.

There are no astonishing secrets to anything.
The astonishing secret is business is simple: Help people, get paid, help more people. Tada.

So who've you helped @jeandearme ?

jeandearme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 2, 2011
That mindset right there is why it isn't working.

It isn't just those two options - other people work on things in the right way and steadily build success.
Your main belief about why you failed is absolute nonsense.
I don't really know why I failed, I just know I'm tired of downward spiral for more than the last decade.
- What is the thing you wanted to succeed in?
- What are the skills and mindsets needed to succeed in those?
- Have you put in the time and energy to learn them all?
I just wanted to make money and live a life. Tried many things, all of them failed - now I freelance as a dev, but it's not even $4k/m job so I do low-cap crypto on the side. The usual problem is that I don't know what I don't know so don't know if I learned it all, but for sure I put time and energy in things I started. The only thing that works so far is a tool that yields whooping $20/m from one customer (and yes, I tried to advertise - also no cigar here and that one came from organic marketplace traffic since my app is hosted on RapidAPI).
You can't work the right plan for 16 years and it doesn't work.

So you either don't have any good plans or you haven't been doing the work.

Imagine going to the gym for 16 years and you made no physical changes.
I can imagine not having a good plan.
Youtube recommends what you watch - so this is you watching quick money style content.
Well, yeah - if they made it quick why can't I? Why do I have to wait while others make it so fast?

The astonishing secret is business is simple: Help people, get paid, help more people. Tada.

So who've you helped @jeandearme ?
Yeah, but what if I don't know how to help people? The only way I can help right now is to code, which is okay, but I don't like that much. I've made some apps, but again - couldn't find customers for them. Had an ecomm store, broke even after two years. Meanwhile, I see people making it with stupid videos or even tweeting shit because now they started to pay for that. "Provide value" yeah, I know...

It's just tiring to not see much results after so much time. "Oh, it's easy - just find a need" - ffs, easy when you already in the business. When you outside, one does not have a clue even about what to help with. And with age I noticed I just get grumpier and less motivated about this whole wealthy thing. I remember having whole lists of cars I planned to have. Now I just want peace and get away from the people.

I don't think I'm in a right state to even reply so maybe it will be just a waste of time to continue this talk with me. Also had a fam situation that brought me down mentally. Cheers guys and sorry for bothering.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't really know why I failed, I just know I'm tired of downward spiral for more than the last decade.

I just wanted to make money and live a life. Tried many things, all of them failed - now I freelance as a dev, but it's not even $4k/m job so I do low-cap crypto on the side. The usual problem is that I don't know what I don't know so don't know if I learned it all, but for sure I put time and energy in things I started. The only thing that works so far is a tool that yields whooping $20/m from one customer (and yes, I tried to advertise - also no cigar here and that one came from organic marketplace traffic since my app is hosted on RapidAPI).

I can imagine not having a good plan.

Well, yeah - if they made it quick why can't I? Why do I have to wait while others make it so fast?

Yeah, but what if I don't know how to help people? The only way I can help right now is to code, which is okay, but I don't like that much. I've made some apps, but again - couldn't find customers for them. Had an ecomm store, broke even after two years. Meanwhile, I see people making it with stupid videos or even tweeting shit because now they started to pay for that. "Provide value" yeah, I know...

It's just tiring to not see much results after so much time. "Oh, it's easy - just find a need" - ffs, easy when you already in the business. When you outside, one does not have a clue even about what to help with. And with age I noticed I just get grumpier and less motivated about this whole wealthy thing. I remember having whole lists of cars I planned to have. Now I just want peace and get away from the people.

I don't think I'm in a right state to even reply so maybe it will be just a waste of time to continue this talk with me. Also had a fam situation that brought me down mentally. Cheers guys and sorry for bothering.
Needs are everywhere. It's people complaining, struggling, or buying things. If you're trying to avoid people then no wonder you're not seeing needs.

@IceCreamKid 's astonishing secret was to love your fellow human being.

@MJ DeMarco has a line that "Money is proof you helped your fellow man."

See the pattern?

You're stuck because you're in your own way.

May I suggest you go through the first row of links in my signature.

Also, given you're a dev, I suspect the 8 min video in this thread will help, and maybe the whole chat it was extracted from.

Finally, I hope the family stuff gets worked out.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California

There are no astonishing secrets to anything.
Almost a decade after this thread was created, I'd dare say there actually is an astonishing secret but it's hidden in plain view. And once you fully grasp the power of it, it's really hard to fail(unless you take zero action).

The astonishing secret is this: joint ventures

They're so powerful because you're leveraging the goodwill and trust that someone has spent YEARS and TONS of money to create with their customers.

I'll use Andy Black as an example since I think he's a really good guy.

I have a background in sales. I love sales, but I hate getting in the weeds with techy stuff such as online ads. I don't want to deal with CPC, CR, CAC, CTR, and all those other acronyms that make your head spin. It's just not who I am.

Let's pretend Andy Black provides Google Ads services to roofing companies and he hates anything sales related.

I approach Andy and say, "I have an idea that would increase your profit with ZERO risk and ZERO extra work. Open to hearing more?"<-copywriting strategy here

My pitch is this: Some of your roofing clients probably don't have systems for following up with prospective clients for quotes, scheduling appointments, and qualifying potential customers. Let's pitch them and offer a virtual receptionist for a monthly fee and split the profit.
  • I'm leveraging the trust that Andy has with his roofing clients
  • I provide a virtual receptionist with all of the sales training they need
  • It's much easier to get my foot in the door and close deals when the client already trusts Andy
  • After the first client is a success and all processes have been systematized, we can use it as a case study to sell to Andy's other roofing clients
Joint ventures can allow you to grow extremely fast without much risk, if any at all. Plus it takes FAR LESS effort to take an existing business from 50-100mph than it is to take something from 0-50mph.

When starting from zero you have to figure out how to dial in your marketing, sales process, product delivery, customer retention, there's so many moving parts....much easier to just start at 50mph through joint ventures.

Don't limit yourself to just the example I gave. You can joint venture ANYTHING if you think of all the angles.

@Andy Black I apologize in advance if you receive a sudden swarm of messages offering sales training for roofers lol

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Almost a decade after this thread was created, I'd dare say there actually is an astonishing secret but it's hidden in plain view. And once you fully grasp the power of it, it's really hard to fail(unless you take zero action).

They're so powerful because you're leveraging the goodwill and trust that someone has spent YEARS and TONS of money to create with their customers.

I have a background in sales. I love sales, but I hate getting in the weeds with techy stuff such as online ads. I don't want to deal with CPC, CR, CAC, CTR, and all those other acronyms that make your head spin. It's just not who I am.

Let's pretend Andy Black provides Google Ads services to roofing companies and he hates anything sales related.

I approach Andy and say, "I have an idea that would increase your profit with ZERO risk and ZERO extra work. Open to hearing more?"<-copywriting strategy here

My pitch is this: Some of your roofing clients probably don't have systems for following up with prospective clients for quotes, scheduling appointments, and qualifying potential customers. Let's pitch them and offer a virtual receptionist for a monthly fee and split the profit.
  • It's much easier to get my foot in the door and close deals when the client already trusts Andy
  • After the first client is a success and all processes have been systematized, we can use it as a case study to sell to Andy's other roofing clients
Joint ventures can allow you to grow extremely fast without much risk, if any at all. Plus it takes FAR LESS effort to take an existing business from 50-100mph than it is to take something from 0-50mph.

When starting from zero you have to figure out how to dial in your marketing, sales process, product delivery, customer retention, there's so many moving parts....much easier to just start at 50mph through joint ventures.

Don't limit yourself to just the example I gave. You can joint venture ANYTHING if you think of all the angles.

@Andy Black I apologize in advance if you receive a sudden swarm of messages offering sales training for roofers lol
Creating win-wins (joint ventures) is exactly what I do.

I do Google Ads for local service businesses. I don't do roofers (yet?!) but let's assume I decide I want to help roofers with their Google Ads.

I'd go find businesses who serve roofers where my offering would help them serve their clients even better.

Maybe it's a Facebook Ads agency that serves roofers?

Maybe it's an SEO business that serves roofers?

What about a web design agency that specialises in building websites for roofers? Or a call center that takes phone calls for roofers, books them in, and/or follows up?

Any of the above may want to "whitelabel" our services and provide Google Ads to their existing clients.

It's an example of Jay Abraham's line of "Who already has your clients?"

I think it still all goes back to the mindset of helping others. I could help the owners businesses serving roofers. Those businesses could in turn help roofers more. Those roofers could help more home owners. Etc.

I'll summarise this as:

"PEOPLE buy from people."

Now let's look at why @IceCreamKid brought me up as an example.

Is it just because I've posted a few Google Ads threads over the years?

Or could it be because I've manners, am helpful and supportive, AND have posted a few Google Ads threads over the years?

Maybe ICK trusts me, likes my values, and *assumes* I'm competent at what I said I do?

I'll summarise this as:

"People buy from PEOPLE."

PS: Good to see you back @IceCreamKid.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Also, think about what I do in this forum. I bounce around *helping people*.

I used to do the same in lots of Facebook groups and other forums.

People saw me being helpful. They then found out I did Google Ads.

I've been invited into sooo many groups (many paid) by group owners and introduced to their group as "a Google Ads expert".

We're talking groups of 3k, 10k, 14k local business owners. How well do you think Google Ads guys do joining groups of local business owners and content vomiting their services? Compared to the group owner introducing you?

Again, would the group owners invite me in if they didn't think I'd be a helpful and supportive member of their group first and foremost?

How does it help those group owners to have a resident Google Ads expert dishing out free advice to their members?

It still all boils down to helping people, in this case people who help lots of other people.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone should run the entire thread through an AI summation tool because I'm sure you're not alone. I'm on Firefox and don't have an AI summarizer plugin.
Working on it...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

For anyone interested in JVs, get this book and read it all. It’s definitely an excellent guide.
IMG_1082.jpeg

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Using Harpa AI summarizer on Chrome...

### Key Takeaway

The key takeaway from the web page content is that a mindset of genuinely loving and adding value to others' lives is essential for building a successful business and establishing lasting relationships.

### Summary
  • The thread on the entrepreneur forum discusses the profound lesson of loving others and adding value to their lives to achieve success.
  • The metaphor of "LOVE THE HELL OUT OF OTHERS AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU CAN EAT" is used to emphasize the importance of a selfless mindset.
  • The concept revolves around approaching people with the intention of improving their lives rather than focusing solely on personal gain.
  • The mindset shift involves understanding others' pains and needs, leading to building a brand with a genuine heart.
  • Loving others fosters customer loyalty and a dedicated following, exemplified by businesses like In n' Out Burger.
  • The thread showcases personal stories of overcoming challenges, negative mindsets, and embracing failure as part of the process.
  • The focus on the customer and market needs, rather than selfish desires, is highlighted as the formula for success in entrepreneurship.
  • The significance of effective communication, problem-solving, and selfless congruence in business operations is emphasized.
  • The thread features anecdotes and experiences of individuals who have transformed their lives through mindset shifts and self-improvement.

This web page content explores the profound impact of adopting a mindset centered on genuine love, empathy, and adding value to others' lives. It underscores the transformational power of focusing on customers and market needs, rather than chasing personal gain, as a cornerstone of entrepreneurial success.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
For anyone interested in JVs, get this book and read it all. It’s definitely an excellent guide.
This is an excellent book.

For those of you who are lost and need a step by step blueprint here's what I'd invite you to do.

Learn a highly transferable skill like sales(specifically tech sales because the profit margins are big) then use those skills to springboard into the biz world via joint venture like the example I showed a few posts ago.

Career Path:
SDR (1 year)-> Small biz account executive (1-2 years)-> Mid-market account executive (1-2 years)-> Field rep (this is the top)

Salary Breakdown:
SDR: $100k
SMB AE: $150k
Mid-market AE: $200k
Field rep AE: multiple 6 figures to millions depending on what product you're selling and how good you are

When you close 6 & 7 figure deals your money mindset will change. Opportunity is everywhere because EVERY biz needs more sales. Help them with that.

If you don't want to go the joint venture route, you can also just stay in the tech sales arena then roll your income into real estate. Either way, it's an extremely high probability path to success.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
So I think I ll have to open a roofing company!
Seriously : gold thread from a reason!

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
check how your [can't] self-talk affects your reality. Does it help inspire & motivate you or does it depress & demotivate you?
see this video and then delete "cant" from your vocabulary as a first essential step...
start moving from fear to this thread's lesson.

John didn't have money either, but it didn't stop him to eventually become a billionaire...

holy freaking hell, it's been 9 years since I posted this and it feels like yesterday...

Dragos222

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 2, 2023
Greetings! :)

I came to the forum wanting to intoxicate myself with this EXACT mentality, and you helped me. I want to give you a sincere thank you.

Hope you have a great day/night!

Wael

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 13, 2022
France

this thread is a real eye-opener. Thank you for sharing these valuable tips; I fully subscribe to this philosophy.

I'm 22 and i'm currently learning to code websites to work as a freelance in order to set aside 30-$50k to start a Fastlane business. I don't know in which sector, but I want to build a business by founding it on the basis of solving a problem for people. I get new business ideas every time I hear people complain about something.

Last edited:

Dragos222

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 2, 2023
this thread is a real eye-opener. Thank you for sharing these valuable tips; I fully subscribe to this philosophy.

I'm 22 and i'm currently learning to code websites to work as a freelance in order to set aside 30-$50k to start a Fastlane business. I don't know in which sector, but I want to build a business by founding it on the basis of solving a problem for people. I get new business ideas every time I hear people complain about something.
Hey!

This is what I'm doing right now. Instead of saving 50k I'm just trying to sustain myself financially, and instead of coding I'm doing web design. Interesting to hear that other people are on the same path.

Dragos222

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 2, 2023

You probably know this already, but - you can find tutorials for ANYTHING, for FREE on the internet. If you have access to internet, you have access to information. Use that!!!!!!

Wael

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 13, 2022
France
Hey!

This is what I'm doing right now. Instead of saving 50k I'm just trying to sustain myself financially, and instead of coding I'm doing web design. Interesting to hear that other people are on the same path.
yeah i took the web design course on Udemy which teach both web development (html/css) and web design and i'm going to take the course on javascript as soon as i finish the first one. however, I am a little lost because on the forum, there are people who say that learning to code is an important skill even in 2024, which reassures me because by learning to code, i immerse myself in a process. However, others on the forum say that one should not learn to code for websites as AI is surpassing us... things like that

Dragos222

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 2, 2023
yeah i took the web design course on Udemy which teach both web development (html/css) and web design and i'm going to take the course on javascript as soon as i finish the first one. however, I am a little lost because on the forum, there are people who say that learning to code is an important skill even in 2024, which reassures me because by learning to code, i immerse myself in a process. However, others on the forum say that one should not learn to code for websites as AI is surpassing us... things like that
I understand it could be confusing.. Life, I guess. Risks here, risks there. IMO Learning code could be absolutely beneficial in a world FULL of computers. But, my strongest opinion about this is that you should act acording to how you feel, how you think. This might be an excellent forum, but don't let it govern all of your actions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.