The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Age of Making Money is over?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
This guy is so dumb lmao.

"If you're poor you'll stay poor, rich will stay rich"
*shows a youtuber who built up his following from nothing*

"Look at these trends, you will always be poor"
*shows graph of higher percentage of people in the wealthy category*

"nobody wants to see you work"
And? Yes, I would argue a time lapse video of someone working would not be super popular because it's boring to watch. You don't work and then film it to be interesting, you work to get work done, and if you want to film something go film something interesting.

"America is like Afghanistan"
gdp per capita
afghanistan $368
usa $70,000.

Yeah, the average American is only 190 times wealthier than the average Afghan. lmao. Same thing, totally. No opportunity!

I've been to these 3rd world countries, they build their houses out of mud. There's like one supplier for everything sold in the country. Their version of a 7-11 is a hut that sells chips all attached hanging from a stick and you rip one off and it costs $0.10

I can walk down the street in America and say "hey, my name's Johnathan, I can wash your windows for $199" and make that money in less than an hour.

Our economy has so many damn options, there's so many ways to make money. How many things do you pay for as opposed to the average person from 20 years ago? There's 100x more options for so many things. I can google "software for a client portal for a dog walking company" and someone will have something for me to buy. I can go to fiverr and hire someone to review a dating profile. When I go to the store I get to choose between if I want gummy bears that are a store brand or if I want vegan, free-trade gummy bears. Jesus F-ing christ. There's so much going on. So many people spending money. So much money moving around. If money is like water, America is like Seaworld, you have to be stupid not to get splashed just walking around.

This guy is just making videos for a niche audience. His niche is pessimistic nerd. Way more people getting rich, and it's actually never been easier, that's why you see damn 18 year olds making 50k a month all the time, because all of the barriers are getting demolished with technology. No more having to slowly build up for 30 years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This guy provides a need to the millions of doomers who have given up, and just want to feel good about it.

Not surprising the YT algo is serving it up to everyone, validating a continuation of the doom.

Stuff like this is why I find it easy to be bitter with social media and culture in general (@MTF commented on something similar, @Kak as well with his podcast); I show people how to beat the system and YT shows it to 5000 people. This guy tells everyone to give up and become a peasant, and YT shows it to millions.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
I was even considering reaching out to debate the idiot, but determined if I crushed him, and I would, it would get 700 views. If I lost, it would get 58k.

The world wants to be told it’s ok to give up and settle that’s part of the reason why the broader market rejected my show.
This is the natural consequence of creating content for the 1%. You're only getting 1% of the views.

This is also one of the reasons why the fastlane forum has 100k users, while reddit has 1.5B. We're a very small community, but the quality of information posted here is literarily gold - rare, valuable, and difficult to mine (accept/understand).

If you were to pivot and start making content about:
  • how to manifest $1M tonight
  • the world is ending
  • buy X now and make millions
  • how to get rich using new bullshit technology X
  • the system is oppressing you

You would see the viewer count explode.

People want to be entertained and want to have their shitty biases confirmed. They want to wallow in self pity.

Entrepreneurship is the opposite of that. It's looking in the mirror. It's seeing what you don't want to see. It's taking full ownership of your life and destiny.

This is the only reason why most people will will never become successful at anything in life.

It's not the system, it's not the economy, it's not any external circumstances. It's them.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi everyone, just watched this video by TechLead and it kind of killed my spirits a little if I'm being honest. I was curious to see how some of you would felt by this video or if you've even watched it at all.
View: https://youtu.be/rJJBnmDkEwI
. He pretty much says being productive and trying to become rich is now pointless or will soon be. Not sure what the rules are on here in regards to sharing vids but if it isn't allowed I'll remove the post right away. Thanks.
Knowing nothing about his background and channel, listening to this is like WTF? It's a waste of time watching it.

He actually said, if you are in the middle class, you have to make do with the money you have now for the rest of your life because you can't make any more money. It's too late.

He's saying that making money isn't cool anymore. So don't make money. Is this guy poor? I don't know what this channel is about.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
Yes, let me shut down the world economy because now "all opportunities are over".

I don't care that there are 8 billion people transacting trillions of dollars every single day. There are no more opportunities, because AI.

That's all folks.
Let's go to reddit.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
Really liked your idea/post about a rule of no victimhood/complaining in another thread. With enough support, who knows we can make it work?
Whether or not it will get added to the forum, this is one of my guiding principles in life: no complaining.

(Please excuse the men's locker room language)
The world will never be 100% the way you want it. But as soon as you start moaning like a bitch, a few things happen:
  1. You attract more problems into your life.
  2. You get tunnel vision and can no longer see the solutions and opportunities that are all around you.
  3. You're essentially giving up control. Every time you complain, you're subconsciously telling yourself that it's not your fault or responsibility, and there is another entity responsible for the outcome of your life.
  4. You encourage other people to follow your pathetic example, and you are actively making the world a darker place.

Point #3 is especially important.
Because your life is your own making. The way you are, the way your life is going, the way your business is going - is entirely your own doing.

Life is what you have unconsciously created for yourself. Today is the fruit of your previous actions.

Don't like how things are going right now? Do the right actions and better fruit will come.

We will all suffer, primarily due to our lack of wisdom, discipline and self-control. But taking full ownership of one's life is the first and most important step towards creating a better future.

So let's get back to work. Step by step everything will turn into gold.
We will make this world a better place.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is the natural consequence of creating content for the 1%. You're only getting 1% of the views.

This is also one of the reasons why the fastlane forum has 100k users, while reddit has 1.5B. We're a very small community, but the quality of information posted here is literarily gold - rare, valuable, and difficult to mine (accept/understand).

If you were to pivot and start making content about:
  • how to manifest $1M tonight
  • the world is ending
  • buy X now and make millions
  • how to get rich using new bullshit technology X
  • the system is oppressing you

You would see the viewer count explode.

People want to be entertained and want to have their shitty biases confirmed. They want to wallow in self pity.

Entrepreneurship is the opposite of that. It's looking in the mirror. It's seeing what you don't want to see. It's taking full ownership of your life and destiny.

This is the only reason why most people will will never become successful at anything in life.

It's not the system, it's not the economy, it's not any external circumstances. It's them.
That 1% is huge. Just look at the trajectory of someone like Alex Hormozi. The trick is to create content that resonates with people where they currently are, and then take them on a journey. Look at James Jani's videos and MJ's books too - messages formatted for the masses.

Just my 2c.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hi everyone, just watched this video by TechLead and it kind of killed my spirits a little if I'm being honest. I was curious to see how some of you felt by this video or if you've even watched it at all.
. He pretty much says being productive and trying to become rich is now pointless or will soon be. Not sure what the rules are on here in regards to sharing vids but if it isn't allowed I'll remove the post right away. Thanks.
I have to wonder, do you guys really have nothing better to do than to watch strangers you don’t know rant about things neither of you know or understand on YouTube?

Really, find a more productive use of your time, because this is pathetic. I won’t even bother to watch the video, because it has no value. The only reason you’d watch that is pure curiosity and we all know how that ended up for the cat — NOT WELL!!!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This guy provides a need to the millions of doomers who have given up, and just want to feel good about it.

Not surprising the YT algo is serving it up to everyone, validating a continuation of the doom.

Stuff like this is why I find it easy to be bitter with social media and culture in general (@MTF commented on something similar, @Kak as well with his podcast); I show people how to beat the system and YT shows it to 5000 people. This guy tells everyone to give up and become a peasant, and YT shows it to millions.
I was thinking exactly this.

I was even considering reaching out to debate the idiot, but determined if I crushed him, and I would, it would get 700 views. If I lost, it would get 58k.

The world wants to be told it’s ok to give up and settle that’s part of the reason why the broader market rejected my show.

The kind of people that refuse to believe they were made for a mediocre life love my show, if they happened to find it amidst all the noise.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Last edited:

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
He pretty much says being productive and trying to become rich is now pointless or will soon be.
Let him go hang himself. WTF does he think he is? Making money has always been hard. Nowadays it can be hard but faster. That guy is an a$$ hole.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Jan 18, 2022
Y'all broke mufuckas spend too much time listening to other broke mufuckas cry about why the world is ending.

Until your bank account resembles an international phone number, stay the F*ck off of YouTube, and stop consuming content aimed at cuck incels.

P.S. It's their job as content creators to generate content that targets your emotions as, at this point in time, it's really the only way to get eyes on their shit in an age of ADHD. They aren't Gods and 99.9999999% of them haven't accomplished shit with their lives and never will. Stop feeding them.

Last edited:

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
In my opinion, he's describing the 99% (including himself, it seems) as they've always been. Not many have the motivation or determination to actually implement what they learn, to try and fail many times before "making" it. Not many can make the mental transition from thinking like a consumer to thinking like a producer. Not many focus enough on providing value and instead chase money. It's not cool or glamorous to show your process and years of hard work, they just want to see the lambos and mansions. Tale as old as time.

There are many posts on this forum that prove that you don't need a fortune to start a successful business.

There are also many examples here of people who slum it in a 9-5 and still make the time to start a business.

As for AI ... there's a time and place for everything. People will still have problems that need to be solved that AI can't fix.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Hi everyone, just watched this video by TechLead and it kind of killed my spirits a little if I'm being honest. I was curious to see how some of you felt by this video or if you've even watched it at all.

bro his shtick is to say controversial shit to get people to watch his videos

also, why the F*ck would you let another man talk you out of going for what you want? F*ck him, he's wrong - and you're dumb for listening to him

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Yes, let me shut down the world economy because now "all opportunities are over".

I don't care that there are 8 billion people transacting trillions of dollars every single day. There are no more opportunities, because AI.

That's all folks.
Let's go to reddit.
+1!!

Really liked your idea/post about a rule of no victimhood/complaining in another thread. With enough support, who knows we can make it work?

This Forum to me is a constant reminder of execution, accountability, cheering others Fastlane on and providing value where possible. Let’s keep it this way.

@NajTheDon if one (non verified) Youtube ‘influencer’ can derail your Fastlane process. How are your beliefs? Maybe start to work on yourself there? Rather watch the Youtube channel non stop of @MJ DeMarco, @Andy Black. I’ll also add a channel from @mikecarlooch with some awesome interviews with Fastlane legends like @Kung Fu Steve and @Johnny boy.

Here are the links:

“Your mind is like a glass. Garbage in, garbage out. Put in clean inspirational water and you will see the world much better.”

Execute.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Is this guy poor? I don't know what this channel is about.

I haven’t watched the video. But I watched some of his videos a long time ago.

I think he’s a retired Google software engineer. I think he had a divorce and lost a bunch of money in the stock market.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Making money has always been hard.
Making money isn't even a Fastlane thing. In the Fastlane we provide value.

The shit he talks about isn't new. He isn't the first. And he is an a$$ hole because he doesn't understand what he is talking about.

Maybe he is depressed.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
No, the world doesn’t want that, it’s the really wealthy and powerful elite who wants that. They want serfs and slaves who stay plugged into the Matrix, not strong, independent, awakened individuals who craft their own futures.

Because said individuals can’t be controlled.

Why do you think the algorithms are designed to push such “doomer” content to the top? You think it’s accidental? Or is it rather part of an organised effort to disempower and control the individual?

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Money is still being exchanged from A to B

You still buy things.
Businesses still make money when you buy their products.

As long as money is circulating there is a way to make money. You just gotta get in between where its going.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
351%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I have been there before when coming up with video titles. It's a completely selfish thing when you're trying to get views.

Chances are this guy sat at a table brainstorming what video to put out next and thought "what is everybody saying that I can say the opposite, which will cause a war in my comments section and make a lot of people watch my video?"

It honestly looks like a sad life being a YouTuber that relies on a bunch of views.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Last edited:

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
We live in the era of the greatest generation of wealth in history.

The Internet has created more millionaires and wealth in the last few decades than all of previous history.

In fact, that channel you link to, Techlead, has 1.4M subscribers and is a good example of that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YU8Ff9YwxrI

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No, the world doesn’t want that, it’s the really wealthy and powerful elite who wants that. They want serfs and slaves who stay plugged into the Matrix, not strong, independent, awakened individuals who craft their own futures.

Because said individuals can’t be controlled.

Why do you think the algorithms are designed to push such “doomer” content to the top? You think it’s accidental? Or is it rather part of an organised effort to disempower and control the individual?

Just like all billionaires love socialism as pushing it protects and consolidates their power, and eliminates future competition.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
AI is going to do what every other piece of revolutionary technology has done: close the doors on some areas while opening numerous doors in others. Focusing on the closed doors is Slowlane nonsense. Be one of the ones that notices an opening door and reap the profits.

Also, what we currently call AI is not the same thing as the AI depicted in movies. The new term for the latter is artificial general intelligence (AGI) and let me be clear: we are nowhere near AGI -- we're not even working in the same stratosphere as AGI. The stuff we are doing with AI is amazing, revolutionary, and very impressive but at its core, it's a computer that has been trained on a specific dataset to accomplish a specific goal -- it has not learned anything. It's analogous to asking a chess engine driving directions. Get back to work -- there's plenty of value to provide and money to follow.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

NajTheDon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Apr 3, 2020
New York
I have to wonder, do you guys really have nothing better to do than to watch strangers you don’t know rant about things neither of you know or understand on YouTube?

Really, find a more productive use of your time, because this is pathetic. I won’t even bother to watch the video, because it has no value. The only reason you’d watch that is pure curiosity and we all know how that ended up for the cat — NOT WELL!!!
bro his shtick is to say controversial shit to get people to watch his videos

also, why the F*ck would you let another man talk you out of going for what you want? F*ck him, he's wrong - and you're dumb for listening to him
No need to insult me or how I make use of my time lol....I had YouTube in the background playing while doing my workouts and the video came on.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I have been there before when coming up with video titles. It's a completely selfish thing when you're trying to get views.

Chances are this guy sat at a table brainstorming what video to put out next and thought "what is everybody saying that I can say the opposite, which will cause a war in my comments section and make a lot of people watch my video?"

It honestly looks like a sad life being a YouTuber that relies on a bunch of views.
Usually personality sells in Youtube. Not necessarily the guy who offers the most valuable content.

It is almost like a voting contest where the most popular candidate wins.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone commented in this thread that the video is trolling the doomers.

(First I've heard the term "doomers", and it seems very appropriate. Boomers. Doomers. Yeah, it seems familiar already.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.