The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Age of Making Money is over?

NajTheDon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Apr 3, 2020
New York
Hi everyone, just watched this video by TechLead and it kind of killed my spirits a little if I'm being honest. I was curious to see how some of you felt by this video or if you've even watched it at all.
View: https://youtu.be/rJJBnmDkEwI
. He pretty much says being productive and trying to become rich is now pointless or will soon be. Not sure what the rules are on here in regards to sharing vids but if it isn't allowed I'll remove the post right away. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi everyone, just watched this video by TechLead and it kind of killed my spirits a little if I'm being honest. I was curious to see how some of you would felt by this video or if you've even watched it at all.
. He pretty much says being productive and trying to become rich is now pointless or will soon be. Not sure what the rules are on here in regards to sharing vids but if it isn't allowed I'll remove the post right away. Thanks.
Knowing nothing about his background and channel, listening to this is like WTF? It's a waste of time watching it.

He actually said, if you are in the middle class, you have to make do with the money you have now for the rest of your life because you can't make any more money. It's too late.

He's saying that making money isn't cool anymore. So don't make money. Is this guy poor? I don't know what this channel is about.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
In my opinion, he's describing the 99% (including himself, it seems) as they've always been. Not many have the motivation or determination to actually implement what they learn, to try and fail many times before "making" it. Not many can make the mental transition from thinking like a consumer to thinking like a producer. Not many focus enough on providing value and instead chase money. It's not cool or glamorous to show your process and years of hard work, they just want to see the lambos and mansions. Tale as old as time.

There are many posts on this forum that prove that you don't need a fortune to start a successful business.

There are also many examples here of people who slum it in a 9-5 and still make the time to start a business.

As for AI ... there's a time and place for everything. People will still have problems that need to be solved that AI can't fix.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Is this guy poor? I don't know what this channel is about.

I haven’t watched the video. But I watched some of his videos a long time ago.

I think he’s a retired Google software engineer. I think he had a divorce and lost a bunch of money in the stock market.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Last edited:

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Is this guy poor? I don't know what this channel is about.
LOL! Your reaction is so funny I laughed hard. It's funny because he claims to be a "millionaire" for a lot of his old videos when he was recommended to my feed.

I remember watching a few of this guy's videos a few years back for his dry humor and little about his financial advice. Then I stopped watching him because he became one of those guys that were pushing crypto scams when the bubble was at its peak.

He used to start every video and title with "bla bla bla as a millionaire". It was fun to watch.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
He pretty much says being productive and trying to become rich is now pointless or will soon be.
Let him go hang himself. WTF does he think he is? Making money has always been hard. Nowadays it can be hard but faster. That guy is an a$$ hole.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Making money has always been hard.
Making money isn't even a Fastlane thing. In the Fastlane we provide value.

The shit he talks about isn't new. He isn't the first. And he is an a$$ hole because he doesn't understand what he is talking about.

Maybe he is depressed.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Yes, let me shut down the world economy because now "all opportunities are over".

I don't care that there are 8 billion people transacting trillions of dollars every single day. There are no more opportunities, because AI.

That's all folks.
Let's go to reddit.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hi everyone, just watched this video by TechLead and it kind of killed my spirits a little if I'm being honest. I was curious to see how some of you felt by this video or if you've even watched it at all.
I have to wonder, do you guys really have nothing better to do than to watch strangers you don’t know rant about things neither of you know or understand on YouTube?

Really, find a more productive use of your time, because this is pathetic. I won’t even bother to watch the video, because it has no value. The only reason you’d watch that is pure curiosity and we all know how that ended up for the cat — NOT WELL!!!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

bro his shtick is to say controversial shit to get people to watch his videos

also, why the F*ck would you let another man talk you out of going for what you want? F*ck him, he's wrong - and you're dumb for listening to him

NajTheDon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Apr 3, 2020
New York
I have to wonder, do you guys really have nothing better to do than to watch strangers you don’t know rant about things neither of you know or understand on YouTube?

Really, find a more productive use of your time, because this is pathetic. I won’t even bother to watch the video, because it has no value. The only reason you’d watch that is pure curiosity and we all know how that ended up for the cat — NOT WELL!!!
bro his shtick is to say controversial shit to get people to watch his videos

also, why the F*ck would you let another man talk you out of going for what you want? F*ck him, he's wrong - and you're dumb for listening to him
No need to insult me or how I make use of my time lol....I had YouTube in the background playing while doing my workouts and the video came on.

Last edited:

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
Without watching the video and more from just reacting to your summation - I think more and more today you have to take everything with a grain of salt.

Many Youtubers are becoming similar to the News Media where they "lead with what bleeds" unless they can catch your attention with something outlandish you will scroll to the next video and cost them some Ad sense money.

IMHO take some information from everywhere (both sides/all sides) and then make decisions on your own from your own research.

In today's society, any reality is a possibility but I think it's better to focus on a positive reality (or future even) than a negative one. Good luck on your journey.

NajTheDon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Apr 3, 2020
New York
Without watching the video and more from just reacting to your summation - I think more and more today you have to take everything with a grain of salt.

Many Youtubers are becoming similar to the News Media where they "lead with what bleeds" unless they can catch your attention with something outlandish you will scroll to the next video and cost them some Ad sense money.

IMHO take some information from everywhere (both sides/all sides) and then make decisions on your own from your own research.

In today's society, any reality is a possibility but I think it's better to focus on a positive reality (or future even) than a negative one. Good luck on your journey.
Thank You! You're absolutely right! I am back in better spirits and I can't let a stranger on Youtube get in the way of my dreams. Good luck to you as well.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Money is still being exchanged from A to B

You still buy things.
Businesses still make money when you buy their products.

As long as money is circulating there is a way to make money. You just gotta get in between where its going.

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Don't worry about it. He isn't actually telling you there is no opportunity. It's just dry satire.

He's a lifestyle entrepreneur who sucks people into his funnel with controversial topics. He has multiple companies with multiple courses (how to build a youtube channel, how to pass tech interviews at google and facebook, how DeFi works), software, sponsors, and a huge subscriber base.

I haven't watched his show in a long time. Tech Lead is a great troll. He makes fun of people or takes you down a rabbit hole to see how far you'll go.

In the video above, he makes fun of stupid shit of modern society and what people say. In that video, he's making fun of all the people who say it's all over. There's no opportunity. You shouldn't work hard. Do the least you can and live a great lifestyle. Blah blah blah. He's laying it all out there droning on and on like no work commie idiots on reddit. He'll probably pick up some followers who don't know they're being played.

Some of his shows are obvious, but I think many of his shows are structured as IQ tests to see if you can figure out where he stands. Some are just clickbait to build the audience.

Here's one about being a programmer. The sarcastic whit and humor is more obvious. It's called "What is a Woman? (Programmer Edition)" The gist is that all you have to do is feel that you're a programmer whether you were born that way or not. He talks about his teachers helping his transition to being a programmer and what he did to emasculate himself. And he reveals his preferred pronouns which aren't pronouns. Basically, the entire video lampoons the liberal agenda.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TwZVG7dF-o

Plushy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 19, 2023
USA
I haven't seen a video from him in years but with fresh eyes I'm convinced guys like this are playing a high level trolling on the audience. First off, what he's saying is NOT true, there's tons of evidence to the contrary that there's plenty of opportunity (for the smart). What I've noticed about wealthy people is they're always independent thinkers. And within this video, I noticed a lot of unspoken hints that align with fast lane principles, although he presents it in the negative way (eg. no one shows them working, duh, because showing the process of hard work is not attention grabbing vs the event of striking rich and spending) and a lot of what he says is the dichotomy of side walkers who consume (but what are they consuming? To consume, there must be producers!) vs slow laners who should "give up." I feel like he's being sarcastic.

But that's not the case for the fast laners, because the more people that give up the less competition there is! As a fast laner there is opportunity everywhere and none of what he says applies to you. You don't live to consume or to fight for jobs. You create jobs.

I think you should analyze the unspoken circumstances around this video:
- negative headliners are apt to give him more attention and money for that attention, regardless if he's spewing bs or not
- people who are insecure will seek people who seem "to know", and since he's "talking down to you" (like a bully) now you'll watch more of his video, and consume more "Feel good content" driving more ad revenue to attention-sellers
- remember that he got a divorce and quit Google, do you want to follow advice from a guy who couldn't even make his marriage work? Obviously he's got a negative slant from that. Being negative kills motivation, the rich must stay positive, to be daring and pursue action.
- entertainment / attention economy is a type of money transaction still, even if no more products are made, people creating creative youtube videos and grabbing your attention is a type of product-consumer transaction, a field open to anyone and not just big corporations
- "I don't have time for that" (about the self improvement stuff he says is going out of business - YEAH! Cause he's actually editing videos, coding and making content!) so he's literally following fast lane advice, thinking for himself, and creating something attention-grabbing that lines his pockets.

You should always view when some rich people give advice whether it's true or whether they're trolling. Like Warren Buffet said "If you have at least 130 IQ you'll do fine" (when 130 is less than 2% of the population!) and it used to make me insecure, until I realized - what if he's just lying? What if HIS IQ is only 125 or something, and letting lots of people chase their tails about their IQ level means less competition for him. If something a rich person says is true, it's because you can think about the principles and whether that would apply to you/to anybody/in this time period etc. For example, based on all the bullet points above, I think what techlead is saying is trolling to grab some attention and skedaddle.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
That seems to be a great video and a great filmer.
Without any ads it’s discussed in one of the world’s most quality business forum.
I think in hinsight of videos he has a productocracy.

Ps: I don’t know about content, didn’t watch.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Yes, let me shut down the world economy because now "all opportunities are over".

I don't care that there are 8 billion people transacting trillions of dollars every single day. There are no more opportunities, because AI.

That's all folks.
Let's go to reddit.
+1!!

Really liked your idea/post about a rule of no victimhood/complaining in another thread. With enough support, who knows we can make it work?

This Forum to me is a constant reminder of execution, accountability, cheering others Fastlane on and providing value where possible. Let’s keep it this way.

@NajTheDon if one (non verified) Youtube ‘influencer’ can derail your Fastlane process. How are your beliefs? Maybe start to work on yourself there? Rather watch the Youtube channel non stop of @MJ DeMarco, @Andy Black. I’ll also add a channel from @mikecarlooch with some awesome interviews with Fastlane legends like @Kung Fu Steve and @Johnny boy.

Here are the links:

“Your mind is like a glass. Garbage in, garbage out. Put in clean inspirational water and you will see the world much better.”

Execute.

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Apr 29, 2022
Bro, this guy is literally trolling, no opportunities really?

He's trying to put fear into his audience.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Don't worry about it. He isn't actually telling you there is no opportunity. It's just dry satire.

He's a lifestyle entrepreneur who sucks people into his funnel with controversial topics. He has multiple companies with multiple courses (how to build a youtube channel, how to pass tech interviews at google and facebook, how DeFi works), software, sponsors, and a huge subscriber base.

I haven't watched his show in a long time. Tech Lead is a great troll. He makes fun of people or takes you down a rabbit hole to see how far you'll go.

In the video above, he makes fun of stupid shit of modern society and what people say. In that video, he's making fun of all the people who say it's all over. There's no opportunity. You shouldn't work hard. Do the least you can and live a great lifestyle. Blah blah blah. He's laying it all out there droning on and on like no work commie idiots on reddit. He'll probably pick up some followers who don't know they're being played.

Some of his shows are obvious, but I think many of his shows are structured as IQ tests to see if you can figure out where he stands. Some are just clickbait to build the audience.

Here's one about being a programmer. The sarcastic whit and humor is more obvious. It's called "What is a Woman? (Programmer Edition)" The gist is that all you have to do is feel that you're a programmer whether you were born that way or not. He talks about his teachers helping his transition to being a programmer and what he did to emasculate himself. And he reveals his preferred pronouns which aren't pronouns. Basically, the entire video lampoons the liberal agenda.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TwZVG7dF-o
If history can offer some lessons and you believe that the age of money making is coming to an end, then you better pick up weapons and learn how to fire a rifle and find food in a jungle.

When economic growth ceases happen we had two world wars.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Really liked your idea/post about a rule of no victimhood/complaining in another thread. With enough support, who knows we can make it work?
Whether or not it will get added to the forum, this is one of my guiding principles in life: no complaining.

(Please excuse the men's locker room language)
The world will never be 100% the way you want it. But as soon as you start moaning like a bitch, a few things happen:
  1. You attract more problems into your life.
  2. You get tunnel vision and can no longer see the solutions and opportunities that are all around you.
  3. You're essentially giving up control. Every time you complain, you're subconsciously telling yourself that it's not your fault or responsibility, and there is another entity responsible for the outcome of your life.
  4. You encourage other people to follow your pathetic example, and you are actively making the world a darker place.

Point #3 is especially important.
Because your life is your own making. The way you are, the way your life is going, the way your business is going - is entirely your own doing.

Life is what you have unconsciously created for yourself. Today is the fruit of your previous actions.

Don't like how things are going right now? Do the right actions and better fruit will come.

We will all suffer, primarily due to our lack of wisdom, discipline and self-control. But taking full ownership of one's life is the first and most important step towards creating a better future.

So let's get back to work. Step by step everything will turn into gold.
We will make this world a better place.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
LOL! Your reaction is so funny I laughed hard. It's funny because he claims to be a "millionaire" for a lot of his old videos when he was recommended to my feed.

I remember watching a few of this guy's videos a few years back for his dry humor and little about his financial advice. Then I stopped watching him because he became one of those guys that were pushing crypto scams when the bubble was at its peak.

He used to start every video and title with "bla bla bla as a millionaire". It was fun to watch.
Its funny because he stopped saying it once he really becomes one.

Classical of faking it until you make it.

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
I think the only reason he says this is to be "controversial", it's just a way to grab attention...

Attention -> Views -> $$$

If everyone listened to this video the world wouldn't exist in a couple of weeks. Imagine if everyone stopped solving problems because they think AI will eventually fix it.

We have now more opportunity than ever before, but we still need to put in the hours!

There are sooooo many problems which can't be solved by AI and even the ones that can be solved by AI most likely need humans too.

MichaelO

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 11, 2023
This guy makes money by selling fear.
He is trying to FMO you to watch his video and then try to monetize you

How does his trick works?
Lets try to imagine you are doing something hard like trying to come up with idea, solving coding problem, anything creative or hard that would create friction, you then take a 5 minutes break and go on youtube and you see this video

"Why is coding DEAD"
you will immediately feel a FMO and urge to watch it because you've put hours trying to learn that and now he just put in your brain a limiting belief that it's dead. You must watch it even just to remove that belief from your system..

Just look at his other videos to confirm:

"Why is coding DEAD"
"Why is Bitcoin is DEAD"
"Why I quit Coding EX GOOGLE"
"Etherium is DEAD"
"You should NOT learn to code as ex google programmer"
" How to Not Get Fired (as an ex-Google millionaire)"
" Alone on Valentine's Day (as a millionaire) - Why I have no friends."
"Why I Left My Parents... (as a millionaire)"

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I have been there before when coming up with video titles. It's a completely selfish thing when you're trying to get views.

Chances are this guy sat at a table brainstorming what video to put out next and thought "what is everybody saying that I can say the opposite, which will cause a war in my comments section and make a lot of people watch my video?"

It honestly looks like a sad life being a YouTuber that relies on a bunch of views.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I have been there before when coming up with video titles. It's a completely selfish thing when you're trying to get views.

Chances are this guy sat at a table brainstorming what video to put out next and thought "what is everybody saying that I can say the opposite, which will cause a war in my comments section and make a lot of people watch my video?"

It honestly looks like a sad life being a YouTuber that relies on a bunch of views.
Usually personality sells in Youtube. Not necessarily the guy who offers the most valuable content.

It is almost like a voting contest where the most popular candidate wins.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
We live in the era of the greatest generation of wealth in history.

The Internet has created more millionaires and wealth in the last few decades than all of previous history.

In fact, that channel you link to, Techlead, has 1.4M subscribers and is a good example of that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YU8Ff9YwxrI

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.