The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 75 Hard Challenge + Live Hard by Andy Frisella (2020 version)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Talked to a doctor about this. She said, you're going to drink how much water? Not with the diuretic you're on you're not. "This isn't a good idea for most people. For you, its really not a good idea. A gallon of water a day will deplete your body of electrolytes. I have a patient of mine that ended up in the ICU doing something similar. Don't do it." Well ok then. My personal opinion? She is overreacting. With some gatorade etc, I'd probably be fine. But this feels 'above my pay grade' to manage well without a lot of research. Given that I have high blood pressure, and I'm on a diuretic for it, I'm going to cut the water to 1/2 gallon per day. (Diuretics remove sodium from your body, which then causes you to reduce the amount of water in your body)

Since I'm changing that, I'm also going to be reading my 10 pages per day on Kindle instead of a printed book. I'm on a pretty limited budget right now to where a $5 book makes me pause.

I'm a little disappointed, but I'm going to do a revised version of this anyway. Here's what I'm doing:

1) Progress pic - 1 a day
2) 10 book-equivalent pages on Kindle a day
3) 1/2 gallon water per day
4) Diet: no sugar (this one has some wiggle room - I won't be putting sugar in my cereal. I won't be eating desserts, no cookies, soda, etc. However, I'll use bbq sauce, salad dressing etc.). No coffee. No crap food (chips, pancakes, etc)
5) 2 45 min exercise sessions per day, one outside.

I know this isn't 75Hard per spec, but I'll be proud of myself for getting through this for 75 days, regardless.

I've done the adjusted version above yesterday and today. All I have to say is: Holy hell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've done the adjusted version above yesterday and today. All I have to say is: Holy hell.
This is day 75 for me (91 straight for everything but the pic).
I will post more detail tomorrow once I'm officially done, but here's my take on the difficulty.

It starts very hard, particularly the water and exercise (I wasn't in very good shape when I started).
After about 2 weeks, the exercise got easier and I found a groove.
After 4 weeks, water became 2nd nature and I never came close to missing the target.
Somewhere around day 50, I was pretty much over it. ALL of it. I hit a wall. Even the things that became habitual were difficult to get motivated for. I pushed through though.
The last 2 weeks though were about as easy as I could have hoped for. I could see the finish line and knew failure at this point would have been major disappointment.

Bottom line is this: It will F with you. Mentally it's a roller coaster, so buckle up!

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Going to start this very soon! Anyone else thinking about starting soon who would like to join me maybe on the same day or something, please feel free!

Regarding food, I assume brown bread/wholemeal grains/baked beans/milk general dairy are allowed? (minus high fat cheese.) Need to keep things cheap and simple with all whats going on so they’ll be no fancy cooking during this challenge. Everything else good to go!

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Regarding food, I assume brown bread/wholemeal grains/baked beans/milk general dairy are allowed? (minus high fat cheese.) Need to keep things cheap and simple with all whats going on so they’ll be no fancy cooking during this challenge.
It's a diet of your choice as long as it fits with your goals and promotes a healthy lifestyle.

Make it concrete though. If you are eliminating something, then eliminate it completely, no compromise. Refined sugars should be a no brainer.

If you are following a specific diet i.e. paleo, keto, vegan, etc. then follow it to the T.

Personally, I eliminated dairy and wheat products completely because I have allergies and was curious if either of these was contributing to it.

Dogstar

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH USA
Day 6 here. Alternately, I feel exceptionally great, and like I was hit by a car.

My chosen diet mandates no refined carbs or sugar, among other things. Sugar detox is real, people. Also, I cannot remember my last time going a week without a drink .

All the exercise and H2O definitely helps though. Sleeping like a baby. And I’m already down about 3-4 pounds in under a week!

To all of you in this thing, let’s keep going strong. To those on the fence, what are you waiting for? The best time to start building grit and mental toughness (with a considerable physical health bonus) is today! Onward.

Last edited:

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
So , Thursday was my last day of #75hard. What I can say definitively, is that it's totally worth it. Both physically and mentally.

I chose to do this mainly because of my tendency to commit to something and then quit when the novelty wears off. In the past, if there was no structure in place to keep me accountable, I typically failed. I needed something with strict rules that could not be bent. I also needed to put it out into the world, so I posted up here that I was doing it and also on IG. That reinforced the personal accountability.

Obviously there are physical benefits that come with the program. You can't eat clean, drink a gallon of water and workout twice a day for 75 days (91 in my case) without seeing a physical improvement. This was a secondary motivation for me. I had been living a mostly sedentary lifestyle for a long time. Other than golf and slo-pitch, I didn't get much exercise. Anyone that says golf and slo-pitch don't qualify as exercise has a strong case, especially because they both usually involve beer drinking and less than healthy food options.

Disclaimer on the physical aspects of this: There are most definitely better and more efficient ways to get in shape. So if that's the only reason you're doing this, then I suggest you look elsewhere. This is promoted as a mental toughness program that happens to have physical benefits.

Alcohol consumption was also a problem for me. I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic nor a heavy drinker, though there have been times when I would have bouts of heavy drinking. I am basically a lifelong drinker though. I'm from European descent, so I started young and it just continued right up to now. It doesn't seem that out of the ordinary. Most of my friends are more or less in the same boat. What I really considered a problem was that I couldn't quit for any length of time. I tried more times than I can count. I've been done for 2 days now and I still haven't had a drink. I don't think that I will quit for good, but now I know that I can stop when I want to and if I can't, I know I have this program to reset.

My commitment to myself moving forward is to read everyday, drink more water (not necessarily 1 gal), exercise once per day (weights or cardio). These are the daily habits that the program has solidified for me.

My biggest take away is that now I know I can start something and follow it through to the end. I just have to put a structure in place to keep myself accountable.

IMG_20200402_205746.jpg20200403_123545.jpg

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
So , Thursday was my last day of #75hard. What I can say definitively, is that it's totally worth it. Both physically and mentally.

I chose to do this mainly because of my tendency to commit to something and then quit when the novelty wears off. In the past, if there was no structure in place to keep me accountable, I typically failed. I needed something with strict rules that could not be bent. I also needed to put it out into the world, so I posted up here that I was doing it and also on IG. That reinforced the personal accountability.

Obviously there are physical benefits that come with the program. You can't eat clean, drink a gallon of water and workout twice a day for 75 days (91 in my case) without seeing a physical improvement. This was a secondary motivation for me. I had been living a mostly sedentary lifestyle for a long time. Other than golf and slo-pitch, I didn't get much exercise. Anyone that says golf and slo-pitch don't qualify as exercise has a strong case, especially because they both usually involve beer drinking and less than healthy food options.

Disclaimer on the physical aspects of this: There are most definitely better and more efficient ways to get in shape. So if that's the only reason you're doing this, then I suggest you look elsewhere. This is promoted as a mental toughness program that happens to have physical benefits.

Alcohol consumption was also a problem for me. I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic nor a heavy drinker, though there have been times when I would have bouts of heavy drinking. I am basically a lifelong drinker though. I'm from European descent, so I started young and it just continued right up to now. It doesn't seem that out of the ordinary. Most of my friends are more or less in the same boat. What I really considered a problem was that I couldn't quit for any length of time. I tried more times than I can count. I've been done for 2 days now and I still haven't had a drink. I don't think that I will quit for good, but now I know that I can stop when I want to and if I can't, I know I have this program to reset.

My commitment to myself moving forward is to read everyday, drink more water (not necessarily 1 gal), exercise once per day (weights or cardio). These are the daily habits that the program has solidified for me.

My biggest take away is that now I know I can start something and follow it through to the end. I just have to put a structure in place to keep myself accountable.

View attachment 31925View attachment 31924
Way to go!

Dogstar

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH USA

View attachment 31925View attachment 31924
Excellent man! I’m starting week 2 (day 8) today. Long way to go, but I’m already feeling better than I knew was possible at 42. My reasons for doing the program are very similar to yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Excellent man! I’m starting week 2 (day 8) today. Long way to go, but I’m already feeling better than I knew was possible at 42. My reasons for doing the program are very similar to yours. Thanks for the inspiration.
Keep at it. You won't regret it.

One thing I forgot to mention was the scale watching. I had a goal weight in mind and was on the scale everyday. It's pointless. I stopped after the 1st week.

My advice to anyone that has weight loss as a goal during this is to limit yourself to 1 or 2 times a week max. Stepping on a scale everyday and seeing minor or no improvement can be discouraging. Also, if you're not consistent doing it the same time of day can produce erratic results. Once per week the minute I got out of bed in the morning was my preferred routine.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Started phase one today.

That first cold shower was brutal!

Player

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 14, 2017
Gold Coast
Going to start this very soon! Anyone else thinking about starting soon who would like to join me maybe on the same day or something, please feel free!

Regarding food, I assume brown bread/wholemeal grains/baked beans/milk general dairy are allowed? (minus high fat cheese.) Need to keep things cheap and simple with all whats going on so they’ll be no fancy cooking during this challenge. Everything else good to go!

I'm day six today. My biggest challenge is the water. But sticking with it. On track with everything so far.

@Visionary96, check ingredients list. Baked beans would be loaded with sugar IMO. Check labels.

Rice crackers (plain and the sea weed variety) have sugar in them. Houmus and beet dip has sugar in it. Crazy.....sugar is in everything. :humph:

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
I'm day six today. My biggest challenge is the water. But sticking with it. On track with everything so far.

@Visionary96, check ingredients list. Baked beans would be loaded with sugar IMO. Check labels.

Rice crackers (plain and the sea weed variety) have sugar in them. Houmus and beet dip has sugar in it. Crazy.....sugar is in everything. :humph:

yeah its mad how much sugar is really out there in our foods. I have always had a sweet tooth and sugar will be the hardest thing for me. I think I will restrict my sugar intake to only natural fruit, almond milk, bbq sauce for my meats, wholemeal grains and items items with just little sugar in general. I have always done 'if it fits your macros' and track every single thing I eat on MyFitnessPal every day so the losing weight part isn't hard for me, its just substituting the processed stuff for proper foods which is gonna be the big challenge.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
@matt, what is the nature of your business?
Social media.

Been back on 75 hard for a few weeks now. Been transitioning slowly to keto and OMAD which is now finally starting to get easy and enjoyable.

Not going to post in this thread again till I finish the program though.

Dogstar

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH USA
Day 11. Had my first 75Hard related nightmare last night. Dreamed I was talking to my buddy, and he had a bowl of trail mix out with the M&Ms in it. I wolfed down several handfuls without thinking, before I realized I now had to go back to Day 1...

Ok this thing has definitely infiltrated my psyche.

Cheers.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm now on day 8 and can see changes in my approach to life already. Yesterday was my birthday, and it was quite tempting to indulge. "Its only been 7 days. I can start over tomorrow." I ended up saying, 'no' to that. I also am realizing that planning is important. I didn't do my morning workout, so I had to do two in the evening, spaced out by a couple hours. With my birthday dinner in there too, that was inconvenient. As a result of pushing through all that, I feel more focused today at work.

This is cool.

skrijger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 26, 2020
Hey guys, been thinking about starting the challenge as well.

Was wondering, what kind of diet or meal plans do you use? And how do you combine that with let's say your partner or family? Thanks!

ads0401

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 11, 2020
United Kingdom
I'm interested in starting this as well.

Would a simple CICO (calories in calories out) at your TDEE or below be good enough for a diet do you think?

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Hey guys, been thinking about starting the challenge as well.

Was wondering, what kind of diet or meal plans do you use? And how do you combine that with let's say your partner or family? Thanks!
I'm interested in starting this as well.

Would a simple CICO (calories in calories out) at your TDEE or below be good enough for a diet do you think?
If you haven't listened to the podcast where Andy F. describes the rules for the program, you should go do that first.

But a quick answer is: make the diet something that you know will be challenging, but not impossible. I'd say calorie restriction is good....however counting calories every single day for every meal would make this program a lot harder.

What I did was essentially cut out all junk food. No pop, chips, cakes, cookies, pizza, snacks, etc. You might think that's relatively easy, but you'd be surprised how many times in 75 days you will be bombarded with garbage food from people who give you an odd look when you turn it down.

As far as making it fit with your partner or family: well, just another chance to make yourself harder! It'll be more difficult and they might try to make you give in a few times because they just don't understand what you're doing, so might be a good idea to explain to them before you get started.

ALSO: Don't think about starting this, just start it.

The day I listened to the podcast outlining the rules is the day that I started.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Day 43

Physically
Eating nothing but 'clean' foods, tracking macros and exercising will get you in great shape. It's amazing looking at the progress pics and seeing the changes. My starting weight on this challenge was around 79KG's (174lbs). Today it's 79.8 KG's (176lbs). Not a big difference in weight, but my body composition has changed significantly. I'm way leaner than I was at my starting weight and gaining muscle. Workout #1 for me is with resistance bands, dumbbells and body weight. Basically to get my muscles fired up. Workout #2 is a form of cardio: a walk, a run or a bike ride.

Mentally
75 Hard forces you to develop discipline. If you don't, you'll fail. And there really are a thousand ways to fail. I'm on my second attempt now. First attempt I failed because I forgot to take my progress pic. Such an easy task, yet I still managed to forget. Now I have a comprehensive checklist that forces me to stay on track. Mental changes haven't been as significant for me, because I've always had a 'Get sh*t done' attitude. But it's forcing me to stay disciplined in ways I wasn't before (eating, drinking water and reading). All these seemingly easy tasks add up over time.

That's also where most people fail. They'll start changing the rules during the challenge. Stuff like this will get you to fail:
  • It's snowing outside: I'll do two indoor workouts instead
  • I'm bulking, so I'll eat anything to get my weight up
  • I'll drink the water, but won't track my actual intake. I'll know when I've had a gallon
  • I'll take the progress pic this evening. I know I won't forget (but then you do)
  • I'll workout but won't track the time I'm actually working out (what feels like a 45 minute workout ends up being 30 minutes)
  • Instead of doing two workouts, I'll do a 90 minute back to back session because it's easier
  • I won't prepare my meals, I'll just get take-out (the macros will probably be fine, right?)
  • These non-fiction books are boring. I'll just read 10 pages of Harry Potter instead
  • My diet is on point. One beer can't hurt, right?
  • Etc, etc.
Set the rules for yourself at the beginning and stick to them to avoid these 'pseudo' 75 Hard's.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
My partner and I are going to do this, starting tomorrow.

We had been exercising every morning for quite some time but since February, have fallen into a rut and have since not been getting it done regularly. Consistency is our problem so this would be perfect.

Going to listen to the podcast today but our only concern is the two workouts for 45 minutes each (in/out) . Not because we aren't physically capable of doing this, it's mainly how we can manage to do this with 2 kids (18 months & 6 years). I suppose that is all part of the fun!

Anyhow, time to get rid of all the unnecessary food out of the house!

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Currently on Day 58. Still feeling great! I also feel like I have more energy overall. I am almost starting to enjoy the cold shower after waking up at 0330, too.

The physical changes have been significant. It didn't hit me until about two weeks ago, but I can see some major changes in my physical composition in the progress photos. At 6'5", my goal weight is 195 pounds. Once I finish Day 75 I plan on starting #AsLongAsItTakesHARD to reach that goal. I haven't weighed anything close to 195 pounds in my adult life so that number may shift up or down as I approach it.

These non-fiction books are boring. I'll just read 10 pages of Harry Potter instead

I read the non-fiction books in the early morning but still make time to read Harry Potter before bed.
The goal is to be in bed reading Harry Potter by 1900 and asleep by 1930. I'm currently working through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

I am working on developing my reading habit. As a kid I basically only read non-fiction history books and thought fiction was a waste of time. I'm starting to think reading fiction has some benefits for creativity so I am making room for both fiction and non-fiction.

I've really pushed up my wake-up time to get most of the 75 Hard tasks done before starting work at 0800. Is it strange to be sleeping from 1930-0330? It's been working great for me during this C0VlD-19 Pandemic. If you are able to work from home, I don't think there has been a better time to do this program.

Might have mentioned before, the piece of home equipment that I completely adore is the WaterRower. Stimulates the majority of muscles while maintaining the ability to change intensity and kick your own a$$. Highly recommend!

I took @Sheens advice and got a WaterRower. It took several weeks to show up but I have been loving it. I've been trying to cut down on rest during my Athlean X workouts to have more rowing time afterwards to finish out the 45 minutes. I don't think I will be going to gyms again after this pandemic. Working out at home is just too convenient.

I have been using the Way of Life app to track some habits in addition to the 75 Hard tasks. I've always sucked at push-ups and I basically stopped doing them after college. I've now done a set of pushups in the morning every day for the past 31 days. I'm also tracking taking my medication and flossing. I've been doing those all 13 days since I started tracking them.

ALSO: Don't think about starting this, just start it.

The day I listened to the podcast outlining the rules is the day that I started.

THIS! Just commit to it. If you fail, go back to Day 0 but keep going.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
I took @Sheens advice and got a WaterRower. It took several weeks to show up but I have been loving it.

So happy that you like it Nate!

Have you noticed a difference after this short amount of time with it? : )

If I was using it for more than an hour or two at first, I'd have a weightlifting belt to wear or a mirror in place to make sure that form stayed prime.

And you're tracking flossing!!!! Wow!! Yes!

At the very start of this, my thought was that if flossing was a 6th task or any part of this program that 99.5% of people would fail .. and multiple times more than otherwise! You would be in the .5%!

Set the rules for yourself at the beginning and stick to them to avoid these 'pseudo' 75 Hard's.

@Creed says it perfectly!

I'm way leaner than I was at my starting weight and gaining muscle.

This is awesome! Generally more difficult than just dropping weight and your ability to control the gains and losses with that muscle composition will be even better! Way to go!!

How's the start @Roughneck, @ads0401, @Visionary96?

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Have you noticed a difference after this short amount of time with it? : )
I've only had it for about a week so far. I've definitely noticed blisters on my hands. Haha. So far I've used it three times for 41 minutes after five minutes of jumping rope on my cardio days. I've also used it for 10-15 minutes after my other workouts.

Too short to notice any significant changes, but I'm going to stick with it.

And you're tracking flossing!!!! Wow!! Yes!

At the very start of this, my thought was that if flossing was a 6th task or any part of this program that 99.5% of people would fail .. and multiple times more than otherwise! You would be in the .5%!
Thanks! It's amazing how just a little bit of accountability can change our behavior. I figured flossing is another important habit during the Pandemic. Especially because...
I also had a bit of a surprise this afternoon when I was biting into a homemade brown rice vegetable sushi roll and the dental crown on one of my molars fell off. Fortunately it doesn't hurt (yet) but the exposed stub of a tooth is super sensitive. Even to room temperature water or a quick rush of air during the inhale following a laugh. Just another thing to make the 75 Hard program a little more interesting. I hopefully I can see my dentist about it tomorrow.
After getting a root canal and build up for a new crown my dentist closed due to C0VlD-19. I'm still sporting a temporary crown since 12 March 2020. No issues so far.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
I've definitely noticed blisters on my hands.

Do you have a pair of lifting gloves to help prevent the blisters? I apologize for not mentioning that before! Could be a painful wait for calluses to form.

After getting a root canal and build up for a new crown my dentist closed due to C0VlD-19. I'm still sporting a temporary crown since 12 March 2020. No issues so far.

Happy to hear there hasn't been any issues! With no symptoms, you should be good to go to have the actual crown placed when offices open back up. There are states this week that are beginning to allow more than emergency treatment only in dental offices.

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
Hey everybody,

I'm back for round two, now on day 23. I failed my first week after eating some salsa with added sugar, I was livid to say the least. Been a while since I've been back into these habits, feels really good right now.

Highly recommend to anyone that is starting to feel like the reading is easy; start highlighting sentences and paragraphs that stand out to you, and rewrite them either verbatim or in your own words in a notebook. This has forced me to take more time to absorb the material, and increased my retention on top of it. I feel I am getting much more from my reading than when I just whizzed thru 10 pages.

The exercise is starting to feel easy again... time to tap into that well of darkness and make them harder as well.

I've also started re-listening to all the MFCEO podcasts, starting from #1. I forgot how damn good they are.

Best of luck to you all. Looking forward to hitting all of the phases this time.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018

The start has been pretty good so far. Have had little issues getting the exercise done, motivation has been high and hoping to keep it that way.

To be honest, I already feel somewhat better. This might be the lack of alcohol or the diet, or most likely a combination of both. See how I feel in a week or two.

Our diet isn't the most strict but it still is a big change. No artificial snacks, chocolate, takeaway, rice, pasta and fizzy drinks (besides soda water). Basically means eating veg, fruit and meat!

Highly recommend to anyone that is starting to feel like the reading is easy; start highlighting sentences and paragraphs that stand out to you, and rewrite them either verbatim or in your own words in a notebook. This has forced me to take more time to absorb the material, and increased my retention on top of it. I feel I am getting much more from my reading than when I just whizzed thru 10 pages.

I've also started re-listening to all the MFCEO podcasts, starting from #1. I forgot how damn good they are.

Will be adapting that to my reading tonight. I have a bad retention rate at the moment and need to improve it.

Have to get onto these podcasts too!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
On Day 8 (attempt 2) of phase one.

Its going well but I do miss the gym.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
On Day 8 (attempt 2) of phase one.

Its going well but I do miss the gym.
Was gonna ask you how phase 1 was treating you.
What are your workouts consisting of without the gym?

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I will start tomorrow. I was hesitant to start before, because of the water (I think it might be unhealthy to drink too much, especially in combination with some diets) and because I already do most of the other stuff. That's why I've added some extra stuff (cold showers, weigh myself, no phone before lunch, meditation) to make it more of a challenge, and I'll also count it as a failure if I miss the extra stuff.

If the gyms open up again I might want to switch up my diet to include more carbs. But I'm not sure if it's within the rules to change it during the challenge. Does anyone know this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.